psychic decomposition

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shaber
Do any of Tolkien's notes actually confirm that the Barrow wights are maiar? Tolkien Author of the Century suggested that they might be spirits of men eek! you can see the implications of that scared

Exabyte

shaber
But is there any guarantee that they were evil men scared remember in the dead marshes not all the phantom corpses were of evildoers, but they are "ALL foul" and "a fell light" is in the lot of them! The most obvious explanation is that this is an illusion of Sauron's designed to cause loss of morale, but still it does not inspire agreeable thoughts...

Exabyte
No, the only guarantee is the fact that they sacrifice people and chant satanic verses stick out tongue
But - back to the basic question, what is evil stick out tongue

The Barrowwights did evil things by themselves while the dead people in the dead marshes only *seemed* evil and cause evil things; but unwillingly.

The illusion-idea is interesting confused

Melkórë
Perhaps Sauron "Necromanced" them.

shaber
I didn't mention necrophilia no expression

The author of Tolkien Author of the Century suggested that these motifs could signify that all the dead are rotten and the Barrow wights are those who fought against the witchking, but suffered a mental as well as physical decomposition in death scared If all the dead are malevolent then the phantoms in the Dead Marshes might really be there after all sick

Elessea
I know this is totally the wrong thread...but is anyone else having trouble opening stuff? i cant open the tig party or prancing pony sad

shaber
Ask that in the News and Questions Forum, what else would that forum be there for? furious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.