Little Facts about TTT

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Thorondor
1. Millions of silk tree leaves had to be brought in from China for the forest scenes, because the strong lights used during filming made the natice leaves drop too quicly.

2. The vocal talents of 20,000 fans of a one-day cricket international between England and New Zealand were recorded for the war cries used by the Uruk's in the Battle for Helms Deep.

3. The black gates of Mordor are 23 metres tall and 142 metres wide, but only a small part of the top of one gate was ever built full scale. The gates that we see in TTT are mainly a miniature model, about one metre tall and six metres wide.

4. For the scenes in which the Orcs destroy the forests of Isengard, the trees were cut into numbered sections, transported to the location and re-assembled before being cut down again.

5. Edoras was a combination of real buildings and digital effects. New Zealand's South Island was the location for the set, which took eight months to construct and was then demolished after just eight says of filming.

Sauron
after only 8 says?

orlandoOYEA
heh.

Fascinating. The leaves thing is pretty funny.

Agent Elrond
I wish they kept the sets up. I would have wanted to see them

ladygrim

Moo Cow
yes i would have gone and seen it

Smodden
WHY'd they destroy it?...thats not right...leave it up for us hobbit-heads to go and see...thats not right in so many ways...

PJ does still have bag end though...I heard that somwhere

ladygrim
i think i did as welll ... hmm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.