30 hr famine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
Anyone here ever hear of this???
I'm going to be participating in it tomorrow...basically you go w/o food for 30 hrs to raise money for World Vision to send supplies and support overseas and whereever there's a need for food.
Just curious to see whatch y'all think of it smile

silver_tears
I'm doing it too eek!
With my school cool

Tex
Couldn't hurt my figure! diva

Ah hell I'm too lazy!sleepzzz
Silva, be a doll and go on a 60hr hunger strike for both of us! naughty

silver_tears
Right away sTexy baby whip
And maybe next I could give blood for the two of us too shutup

Tex
I just hope my fans appreciate all the things I do for charity! diva

Shoukan
I have heard of this...

My old church youth group did this...I got in second place in raising money--about $320.00

Kaleanae
Yes, I did, in my school's Key Club, I'm going to do it...

§pearhead
I've heard of it, but would never be able to pull it off myself. Props to those with enough willpower to carry it off. smile

yerssot
WITHOUT food??? what are you??? ca-wazy? *faints* wink

great you're doing that jules smile

rusky
Haven't heard of this.. might do it if I get the chance.. though I doubt there'd be many who would, in my school that is...

Baylin
I quite often go 30 hrs + without food. eek! Next time I'll try to plan it and see if anyone'll sponsor me! yes
Maybe they'll want to pay never to eat again... confused

Corran
Go without food for 30 hours! But you can still have Beer, Pizza, chocolate, Ice-crean and coffee yes

Baylin
That is food Corran I mean what else is there about from a curry?

Der Soldat
The longest fast I ever conducted was 50hrs for the Imperial Cancer Research Fund when I was approximately fourteemn years old.

You will actually find this surprisingly easy with the aid of water. Just drink plenty of it, and it will eventually give you a feeling of mild bloatedness, which in turn prevents you having to worry baout anything to eat.

Of course, it's not recommended that you do this for a long period of time, but you'll be fine only doing it for 30 hours!

I remember when I came off my fast, my father had to sit me down and make me eat because my body just wasn't interested in food anymore!

Dexx
30 hours..girl, have you ever been REALLY hungry?? stick out tongue
i have, once...and, even with me being kind of picky about food...i could damn well chew on a log right then....ate for an hour...no pause for breathing smile

really...no food sux stick out tongue

yerssot
I read ya there dexx big grin

Linkalicious
ummm...i think it's a noble cause and all but can i ask...

How is not eating going to MAKE money for World Vision?

and sry, there's nothing on this planet that will make me fast for 30hrs. but where do i write the check out to?

yerssot
probably supporting
"if you succeed I donate $x"

Linkalicious
well that works for me.

oh on another note....shouldn't this be a 30 hr. fast? i thought a famine was pretty much to food equivalent of a drought.

BunnyWolf
Never heard of it, no... GL anyway thumb up

Dexx
i don't get it...what's with these manifestations anyway...it's not really gonna help any starving kid, the fact that you won't eat for 30 hrs.
how do you raise money by not eating? erm

Linkalicious
i read that if you skip a meal, you end up eating almost 1.5x as much food to compensate for the lack of food. And that if you go days without food, you'll end up making up for it over a longer period of time, but it still averages out to almost 1.5x as much.

Dexx
so...you get fat...after this, basicly stick out tongue

Linkalicious
regular exercise and eating healthy food will of course slow that down. I'm just saying if you skip lunch....you'll probably be super sizing your dinner just to compensate.

Kaleanae
Well, maybe in some people

rusky
yes..pretty much so.. yes

Linkalicious
as to all rules in life....there are some acceptions. I just make general comments not absolute ones.

Kaleanae
They should help in education in countries that is a scarce of food...
Only by educationg people, maybe they are going to understand that is better to have only one child to give him/her what he/she needs instead of having five and not having what to eat.

zimbo
It's like you know what I'm going through

Kaleanae
huh

rusky
huh ? blink

Julie
indeed....well so far so good...but then again it's only been about 1/6 of the 30 hrs....er I think....who knows perhaps my brain's already adled from lack of food:-)

Kaleanae
I'm hungry as well erm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.