Best Guitar solo You've heard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tptmanno1
Well? Who got skills?

Out of the semi-limied stuff I've heard. IMO the best Gutair solo goes to Kirk of Metallica for his solo on "The Unforgivin"
In a close second is Slash from Velvet Revolver for his solo on "Slither"
Those are the only two guitar solo's known to get stuck in my head.

Victor Von Doom
EVH on Beat it.
Jimi on All Along the Watchtower.
Eruption by EVH.
Mark Knopfler on Sultans of Swing.

Alpha Centauri
Eddie Van Halen's solo on Beat It.
Tom Morello on Settle For Nothing by R.A.T.M.
Jimi Hendrix on All Along The Watchtower.
Kirk Hammet on Master of Puppets first Solo I believe.
Tom Morello on Getaway Car by Audioslave.

-AC

loserib
eddie van halen-eruption
zakk wild-mr crowley
dimebag- any pantera song ever made

Black Onyx
Jimi Hendrix on All Along The Watchtower.

finti
Ritchie Blackmore`s numerous solos on California Jamming.

SnakeEyes
Elmo, the doll with the fake guitar that he pretends to play
classic

KMC
Prince- While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Hendrix- All Along the Watchtower
Knophler- Sulatans of Swing (anything off Alchemy really)

Kate xx

moshtitan
Fredrik Thorendal-Gods of Rapture

golden moon
Eddie van Hallen- Eruprion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
he knows how to rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eezy45
I just name some, there are too many stick out tongue

Metallica - Master of Puppets (my fav btw)
Beach Boys - some songs wink Surf Rock Solos rule
Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast
Iron Maiden - The Trooper
Metallica - Hit the Lights (3 or 4 solos rock )
Metallica - Battery
Metallica - Damage Inc.

Sauron
Brian may has some classics

Scar
Junoon - Heer (it's guitar and tabla mix)

eezy45
Oh one more

Iced Earth - Birth of the wicked

Jason Wyngarde
slash on sweet child o mine

Sauron
Slash has some great ones lol
He has a long one in november rain

amity75
George Harrison on "Something"

el_barto
Don't remember the guys name but he's a classical guitarist. It was really amazing

ragesRemorse
stevie ray vaughn...pick one

jimmy page...babe im gonna leave you

kimmy hendrix....machine gun

golden moon
OH AND SLASH on sweet child o' mine!

Angel Heart 75
Slash 's one from Sweet Child Of Mine : pure genius

ElectricBugaloo
god, from listening to the local college radio station, I've heard so many great live guitar solos that blow anything listed so far out of hte water...like the one that I mentioned in the Jimi Hendrix thread where it started as a blues standard, but then evolved into some great guitar solo. The only thing is that they rarely actually say the names of hte bands or the songs! They just assume that you know!

Damn you KUNM for exposing me to this great music then denying me the ability to further explore that music!!!!

alic88
scar: its so unfortunate that ppl dont listen2 junoon, i mean their guitarist is 1 of a kind... he was once even given an option 2 come for guns n roses. he rocks BIG TIME

n e wayz best guitar solo: EVH on beat it

moshtitan
i highly doubt that anyone youve ever heard on that station could touch Fredrik Thorendal on Gods of Rapture.

ElectricBugaloo
i've never heard Fredrik Thorendal, what type of music is it?

Alpha Centauri
Not to mention I doubt anyone on a college radio station could top Hendrix, Van Halen or Morello.

-AC

finti
He plays guitar in a Swedish detah/black/progressive/scandinavian metal band Meshuggah. He is highly versitile, and one of the few Swedish metal/hard rock guitarist that doesnt sound like a Yngwie Malmsteen clone

Fearnix
Meshuggah rock

Df02
its pretty much blashemy to have a Killswitch engage signature with the new vocalist in it....i refuse to beleive thats the same band haha, he destroyed Killswitch imo ><

Spicy_Mchaggis
mark tremonti's solo in opened my eyes from alter bridge.
creed didnt break up, scott just left. now mark and their drummer found a bassist and singer and now they are...alter bridge. o and the solo in the song is amazing.

ElectricBugaloo
Actually the one I mentioned as being the best I've heard was Hendrix, and that was on college radio. There's this really good show called Dog City Rock where they play rare songs from the classic rock era.

moshtitan
why?! Howard kicks ass! i like him so much better than the old singer.

amity75
John Squires solo at the end of the stone roses "I am the Resurrection" is pretty awesome. I'm trying to learn it at this very moment and feel like crying or punching something.

Tilien
It will have to be the ones in Guns'n'Roses Sweet child of mine... for the simple reason is that i can play them (at last) lol... but there are loads of great solos out there...

Alpha Centauri
"Actually the one I mentioned as being the best I've heard was Hendrix, and that was on college radio. There's this really good show called Dog City Rock where they play rare songs from the classic rock era."

Cool stuff indeed.

-AC

Fearnix
black sabbath - black sabbath or somthing else that i cant think of because this is such a good question

Fearnix
and if one more person says Guns'n'Roses Sweet child of mine i am gonna kill something

Arachnoidfreak
*entices Fearnix to kill something* GNR's Sweet Child of mine was the best ever. shifty

Fearnix
no it realy was not

Arachnoidfreak
I thought you were going to kill something sad That's the only reason I said it.

Fearnix
i did all 2 of my brain sells

PunisherFan33
im going with Gary HO. he makes the chritmas songs. but he does it rock style. my favorite would have to be the grinch by him its mean. rock

bardock
jus cause its so good. i have to say guns n' roses-sweet child o mine agian.

Fearnix
just because its true i will say it again guns n' roses are shit

KMC
^In your opinion

Kate xx

Fearnix
yes in my Opinion

Tptmanno1
I think GnR is good.

But for good Solo's...
The guitarist for Pink Floyd is AWESOME! I dunno his name but his solos are killer on Dark side of the moon

finti
his name is David Gilmore

norrin radd
oh yeah mark knopler is the king, the alchemy is awsome, a masterpies, and the solo from sultans of swing is magnificent.

KMC
A 'masterpies' indeed. Lol
Good to see someone agrees.

Kate xx

norrin radd
eheheh masterpiece lol, just a small mistake

Tptmanno1
Thank you Finiti!
I need to find out more about PF....

Korri
Metallica- Outlaw Torn

Tptmanno1
Kirk Does have some really good solo's

Alpha Centauri
Bullet In The Head solo is too amazing.

By Rage Against The Machine.

-AC

must_kill_Santa
Slash's solo at the end of GnR November rain when he stands ontop of the piano or and areosmith solos

ChickinMeat
i agree with that one!

also any song performed by John Petrucci, what an absolute legend

Lady_Moon
The best guitar solo?

1. Bohemian Rhapsody: Sure, so it's not ten minutes long with flailing riffs and licks. But the technique and precision of each note is genius. Brian May is a true virtuoso, and that is why the second one is also by him, from Queen.

2. Brighton Rock: Have any of you heard this song? If so, then you know what the guitar solo is like. This is from their early days, but that made no difference. This guitar solo goes on, yet is so precise and amazing that it keeps you hooked.

Those are the best in my opinion. And hey, they are both by Queen.

el_barto
Rock guitar solo's are great, but classical guitar solo's , they are just amazing

Lady_Moon
Brian May----

Bohemian Rhapsody: Ultimate classic and kick ass precsion on the solo.

Brighton Rock: Oddly, with the same initials, it resembles nothing of bohemian rhapsody, yet has a long, truly virtuoso-like solo. Not only is it fast, it is precise.

I love Brian May.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.