Did the Machines Let Neo Go?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Superfly4000
I just watched the first Matrix movie after a long while and when i watch it I fell enlightened by the knowledge I gained from its wo sequals. My Favorite scene is when Neo wakes up and the machine soars down and chokes him. The Machine seemed to be anilizing him before releasing him. Was he checking to see if he was "The One", or do the machines always release there prisoners so lightly?... rolling on floor laughing

JediHDM
i don't think a machine can know, simply by looking at a person, whether he is the one or not, and besides, since this is the only time we see someone freed from the matrix, we must assume that the protocol is the same, thus the machines always 'release their prisoners so lightly'. but since the machines are programmed to release the dead to be liquiefied, it is not done lightly.

burly brawler
they simply "released" neo becased he is to be flushed, where he would drown (since he can't swim due to muscular atrophy) and be liquefied as jedi pointed. since he woke up from the pod, he is now "dead" because he cannot provide the machines with the btu's they need for energy... hence, he's discarded from the plant...

Tex
Bastard machines! mad

Scar
Tex! no expression And in the matrix forum????? stick out tongue

JediHDM
wow...i am astonished twice...first, Tex is in the matrix forum...second, Tex really IS from texas...

Korri
dont act as if you care Tex! it doesnt become of you stick out tongue

Princess Re
yeah..you are not the "chosen one" LMAO

Korri
oh im sure he would say he was laughing

Princess Re
hehehehehehehe prolly

Korri
All hail Tex notworthy

exept me no expression

Superfly4000
Can anyone explain to me what caused Neo to "wake Up" in the first place?

Agent Elrond
The red pill. That started it, I'm not sure how it caused him to wake up. I think it had something to do wiith disrupting his input/output signals.

Superfly4000
How does a pill in the Matrix effect you in the real world?

JediHDM
the pill was a disruptive program, inserted into Neo's mind, which is designed to, as is explained in the movie, disrupt his input/output signal. this disruption can be seen and locked onto by anyone looking through the signals.

manchichirtchit
i think that is what they used to track him down in the power plant. maybe not 'cause they could just go to the dump and retrieve his body... i dunno confused

Superfly4000
This question has nothing toi do with the topic, but do the Machines really need to know the access codes to Zion?

JediHDM
no

manchichirtchit
the purpose of acquiring the access codes to the zion mainframe was to be able to eliminate the human city with minimal effort. with the access codes, the machines could launch a virus into every system that supports zion. water system, air system, heating and air conditioning... then the city would just implode on its own without the machines sending a sh!t storm of sentinels into zion. in smith's case, it was more "personal"... he just wanted out.

JediHDM
ok, think about this for a second...the access codes...do you think that the ships who have the access codes are going to be able to access anything other than to be let in the gates? if the people of Zion are smart, then no. And if the only thing that the access codes are good for is opening the gates, it still wouldn't help the machines, because Zion can tell who is near long before they can tell anything is there, and subsequently destroy them. So, i say again, no, the access codes are useless to the machines. i think the agents were trying to get the access codes just to keep the humans on their feet, since the machines already know where Zion is (since they built it).

manchichirtchit
that's the thing. every ship is connected to zion's mainframe, even if to simply just open the gates, it is connected none-the-less. our computers get viruses from outta nowhere... especially worms. every living creature, atrificial or not, will find a way to exert the least level of energy to complete any task... why would the machines wanna go the hard way? they wouldn't need the diggers, they would simply open the doors and unleash hell. and how many gates were there? 3 was it... or more? imagine the mere volume of sentinels pouriong into 3 big a$$ gates instead of one measly hole.

JediHDM
But, as i said, if the Zionites are smart, the access codes are not connected to the gates, but rather there is some mechanical or human intermediary between the access code checking and the gate opening. they know that mistakes happen, so they should be ready for them. Also, the machines built Zion, so wouldn't they know what the codes are, if they really needed them? Drilling is more fearsome, and knowing that the machines will be there in a few hours is more scary than knowing that you have died by a surprise attack.

manchichirtchit
yes, the machines did indeed build zion, but i doubt that they also built whatever system they are operating on because the humans have to build upon it... the just don't stumble upon everything, they have to rebuild zion from the ground up. and you say the drilling is more dramatic than coming into the gates? i don't think the machines would think of it like that. they drilled because they had to.

JediHDM
i still find it hard to believe that the humans would just link all their systems together, since obviously the machines would break someone eventually.

Superfly4000
If the acces codes are not needed, it allmost defeats the purpose of the first Matrix movie.

manchichirtchit
they can always just pull the plug.

JediHDM
yes, they can always just pull the plug...however, the machines are infinitely faster at disabling/enabling systems than we could ever be. All it would take is a moment from the time the machines get in the system to have all the doors open. if the sentinels are already in the area, they could be in the doors before the humans even knew the system had been compromised.

manchichirtchit
and THAT is why the access codes do exist. the purpose of acquiring them is to defeat the human faster, easier and spend as little amount of energy as possible. and it could always be possible that the access codes were embedded into the zion mainframe by the machines since they built zion's foundation... 5 times, six of you count the last one.

dave123
you're not allowed here confused

JediHDM
But we are talking about whether the humans created back up systems so the machines couldn't just open the doors. It would be idiocy, and ignorance, for the humans to think the machines wouldn't be able to get the codes. no way they left all the systems connected.

manchichirtchit
or unprotected, you're right. but these are machines. they calculated or can calculate and solve any equation (problem) they encounter... infinitely faster than any human as you said. all it takes is but a moment, a window of mistake or inaccuracy... then all hell breaks loose. what i'm saying is the artificial intelligince is far more superior than the human that it has calculated every possible equation that it will encouter way before any human can possibly correct or even detect the mistake. and even if they had a back up system, how long will that take to boot? or be taken down by the machines?

JediHDM
which brings us back to my original argument, that the access codes system and the gates system and every other system are seperated, not connected in any way.

manchichirtchit
we'll just go around in circles. so how 'bout we agree to disagree. this is why i like the matrix... no single possibility.

Superfly4000
If there is no single possibility, is there a single truth?

Korri
you missed out the e wink

manchichirtchit
remember the burly brawl? the truth of the many vs. the truth of the one. can't explain it to you, really... the explanation to it was so long and complicated, i forgot the first part before i even finished reading the whole thing.

Superfly4000
Whaaa...

manchichirtchit
the burly brawl denotes the thruth of the one versus the truth of the many... the truth of neo vs the truth of smith.

Superfly4000
I don't Understand... confused

manchichirtchit
this is your original post. you asked if there was a single truth. then i said that the burly brawl denotes the truth of the many (smith) vs the truth of the one (neo).

Superfly4000
Truth is in the eyes of the beholder...

FallenForever
in MI, when smith is talking to cypher, he said "access codes to the Zion mainframe" I got the impression out of that that he was talking about something much bigger than opening the gates.But that's just what I thought.

Superfly4000
Then what were they talking about...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.