--JK's mistakes--

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hobbit_dude
hey just a thought, in book 4 harry saw cedric's death right? well why didnt he notice the threstals, in his way back to the dursleys???

--Post some errors from JK's books here--

airangel
He probably didn't pay attention or it didn't MENTALLY hit him until later.... he had nightmares all summer

hobbit_dude
but I mean c'mon is like going to ur car and not notice that there r bloody dogs around it...

angelsflame265
jkr answered this on her website

she said that harry didn't see his parents die, he was in his cot at the time. and he couldn't see the threstals until he was over the shock of cedric being dead

Scar
She has a given a nasty big answer concerning this problem.

hobbit_dude
y? I mean when he wasd going back he wasnt on a 'shock' messed

angelsflame265
i dunno thats just what she said, it on her website

Scar
O cummon dude! She didnt want to put that thestral thingy in book 4. Simply.

hobbit_dude
i knwo that I wanna make her pay!!! LOL

Scar
blink

hobbit_dude
i was sure that scar would post a smiliue and hell Im right big grin

shanie623
She didn't want to introduce something new and big in the last pages of the book 4 (like the thestral), because it will leave people hanging. Especially, since we've waited for years until the 5th came out.

The answer to your question would be at jkrowling.com.

ladygrim
so mny threads like this one

Orlando´s Angel
''''she said that harry didn't see his parents die, he was in his cot at the time. and he couldn't see the threstals until he was over the shock of cedric being dead'''

yes but in the 5 book hagrid or dont know ho say that harry can see them because he saw her parents die...................

ladygrim
... i cant rember its all confusing

General_Kaiden
Yes yes. There's a lot of nitpicky thingies all over the place in the books. But come on. All books have one.

ladygrim
yeah but wot if the 'mistakes' arent really mistakes but happen for a reason ... like him not been able to the horse at the end of bk 4 but he can at bk5 cause at the end of book 4 he was still grieving for the death of cedric ...

Orlando´s Angel
He just dont put it all his attencion on the hourses at the end of school

ladygrim
ok i have just read bk4 and when cedric died i am sure to god harry didn't see it .. he saw the flash closed his eyes and then opened them to find cedric already dead ... so he didnt see him die just the after math

Orlando´s Angel
but then how Harry saw the theastral in the 5 book, cos if was for seeing his parents die he will saw the theastral in the first year......?

ladygrim
sad god knows ...

ArrghPirateGirl
Yeah big grin

ladygrim
yup

Orlando´s Angel
shure............

LordJuggernaut
your right, jkrowling messes up all the time. once a guy asked in a chat interview how come prefects are not allowed to take points when percy took 5 points in their second year? and she said that prefects are alllowed to take points so ron just made a mistake by saying that. mistake ? what mistake? it was ernie mcmillan who said prefects are not allowed to take points, not RON. so basically she dosent even know her own work! thats pretty pathetic coming from her, dont you think?

Orlando´s Angel
well....................yeah but ................um........dunno confused wacko its a human error.....

ArrghPirateGirl
I think people have 2 stop worryin bout da mistakes...I mean she is a BRILIANT writter & I think we r all puttin 2 much presure 4 her 2 get da books out quicker.so she is sure 2 make a mistake here & there....i mean every1 does big grin

BOPRecruit 16
at first, i thought jk rowling made a mistake when she made the basilisk a snake and not a lizard. but i realize that she wasn't as off as i had thought, that's cause i read a section on it in this very informative book called "the magical worlds of harry potter" by david colbert. he also wrote one for the lotr trilogy. great books, a reccommended read!

Orlando´s Angel
Yes I have read that book...............but didnt like it much....

DanFan4000
We all are title to our mistakes.... Jk is no differant... Plus, I agree with
Shanie623...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.