Hp News Story

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

airangel

angelsflame265
these people really need to relize that its just a book, and not a black magic for kids story -_-

airangel
I know. That's the joy of being a journalist. I see both sides. I do see how if a child did not understand the difference between fiction and non-fiction how they might tend to believe its all true. But if the parents raise their children the right way then there shouldn't be any problems.

Scar
OMG! airangel, it looks like a Rita Skeeter's column for "The Daily Prophet". big grin

I only know one thing. The best way to teach a child the importance of love is the "Harry Potter" books. smile

hobbit_dude
hermione? where is she? I know she's real?? OMG you-know-who is coming to get me!! I better get an invisble cloat, omg Im scared, should I go to dumbledore?? i dont wanna interupt his vacations... man what am i gonna do perhaps i should mail HP for help! thats what Ill do!!

Scar
blink What was that?

hobbit_dude
lol just that AA said that some kids cant find the difference with fiction and non fictions so i was kidding, ggeez does like anybody gets m,y kjokes??? no expression

Scar
oh ok lol!

hobbit_dude
lol

shanie623
I kind of have to disagree with you on that one airangel. I have a niece who is 6 years old, and have had someone read to her the Harry Potter books before, and she's watched the movies as well. And also, she's a big fan of mermaids and fairies. But she perfectly knows that those are just fictional characters. You can't even fool her with a Santa Clause suit in Christmas.

And oh, great article. Is that for editorial?

airangel
Nope its a feature story and it can't be biased. I'm starting with the negative stuff and then I'll spin it around with the postive note so that it will leave the reader with a positive feeling about HP.

NO, I totally disagree with what all the Christian Parents, popes, Reverends'...etc are saying about HP.

I do believe that kids can distinguish between right/wrong, fic/non-fic...I was reading Stephen King and LOTR's when I was 11!

I wanted to do an article that will show the positive effects that HP has on kids...however I can't just write the whole article on that aspect.

Thanks...My article is still shy 250-500 words..depending on how long I want to make it. I'll be writing more of it tomorrow. It's due Monday. This is just the 1st draft turn in. The final draft isn't due until Aug. 1st.

hobbit_dude
havent u thought that perhaps ur niece is just smart?? coz i discovered that sant wasnt real when i was 11 yeras old, it was da worst day of my life!! sad

airangel
I've got loads more info for my story. School's in London have banned the books from the school.

shanie623
I don't honestly see the point of schools banning the book. They're promoting to NOT let children practice reading instead? Heh.

Whoa, hobbit_dude, that must have sucked for you. Haha! =P I never believed in Santa Clause. Seriously ^_^ When I was a kid, I've always known that it was my mum and dad who'd put those presents under the tree. Hehe.

airangel
Shanie I totally agree with you. I think its ridiculous and poor JK b/c I know she didn't mean for people to take offense to her books.

I can tell from being on this site for a year how much influence HP has on just about everyone.

A lot of kids, teens, adults..etc. Want to write b/c of HP. I've seen great Fan fics written by numerous authors that are awesome. There's a lot of talent out there.

Not to mention reading, most kids (don't mean to keep saying kids) don't enjoy reading...but once they have a good book then they look for other books and it opens their minds to be more creative...not to let in demons for christ's sake! sheeeeeeesh!

I wish I could write and editorial about this!!!! I prefer writing editorials...but most newsworthy stories are features.

Scar
I dont know about "Stephen King" but I am sure 11 is quite young for LOTR! How did you get that stuff? no expression

angelsflame265
i read lord of the rings when I was 11 to ( i was reading Little Women at the same time also smile )

airangel
I was reading Pet Semetary. I was an advanced reader when I was younger. Other books began to bore me and my sister had the book and she let me read it.

Unicor777
-----------------------------------------------------------

The best way to make the books even more atractive, what do you think those kinds would do at the first occasion they'll have oportunity to buy the books?

If they wanted the kids not to read the books they should have put them in the Programme. Like when I was 9, in my school programme was to read the book @little Prince@ -I never did it

LadySlytherin
well airangel i hope my views help:

pro's:
it appeals to audiences of all ages. the idea of there being this magical place instills itself in people reguardless of age. my mother and father read them, my teenage siblings read them, and a 6 year old boy i know, with the help of his parents, TAUGHT himself how to read, so he could finish the books in his spare time. you see people that do not often pick up a book, devour novel after novel.

con's:
christian activist groups may consider this to be of pagan relation, being a tad "dursley-ish" themselves; they feel safe in a world of order, reason, and faith. most christians believe in only one miracle worker...god (whichever form he may come in). people may think that having children (especially children growing up catholic) consider the idea that god is not the only one that is magical out there, thus taking away his divinity and their fervent dedication to him.

hope it helps!!! smile dont forget to tell us the grade you get on it!

airangel
thanks LS! big grin

airangel

angelsflame265
i like it smile

airangel
comments......... additions..........pointers? big grin

My final draft will have a bunch more quotes!

airangel
thanks! big grin my final draft gets turned in next weekend. This is my 1st draft turn in.

Scar
well airangel, here it is what i think abt the draft...

shouldnt the 2nd last para "In result of Satanic and Wiccan accusations..." come right after the para in which u started givin +ve pts of the books "Despite the book burning and banning attempts..." and then gice pplz comments... ???

EVERYTHING ELSE IS ALRIGHT AND WONDERFUL eek!

airangel
yeah I will do that and then leave off saying that JK doesn't believe in magic.

Thanx for the pointer.

sometimes when you read and read and read your work it tends to get tireless!

LadySlytherin
i liked it. it was very well supported on both views and very well written. i saw no punctuational grammars, fragments or incorrect word usage =] looks good to me!!!!!

airangel
Thanks...my teacher is SOOOOOOO picky I know she's going to mark me off for not having enough of "my own quotes" rather than the ones I had found on other sites.

I haven't decided where I am going to post this story yet.......(which site..etc....)

~Air Angel~

LadySlytherin
it looks very well researched and views are presented well on both sides of the opinion! tell us what you get on the paper!!!! =]

~Air Angel~
I will................my first draft (the first one I've posted) was AWFUL.....but this one is much better........... big grin

LadySlytherin
lol its good that you have a varied range of quotes!!! friends like rogues quote to professionals quotes to parents quotes. so you have a very large plane of idea. if your teacher doesnt give you an A we'll curse her =]

~Air Angel~
ha! I WISH! big grin

Well I got downgraded b/c of all the OTHER quotes I had before...from internet sources........OF COURSE though I'd have one from JK in there b/c they are HER books! big grin

LadySlytherin
has it been graded already? howd you do?

ArrghPirateGirl
big grin Good work Airangel

~Air Angel~

Darth Sauron
eek! You rock rock That kicks ass.

im happy for JK, but you get some real **** dont you, before she wrote the books, she was REALLY poor, and she started writing them in a coffee shop, where she would for warmth
Now, she is richer than the queen of england..truthfully, she is the 40th richest woman in the world.

Im happy for y ou Jk

Now sent me a jewel

~Air Angel~
yeah.... I wanted my story to show the good from HP b/c there are LOADS of stories out there that dis her......HOWEVER I also wanted to include the strong beliefs of many christians and their points of views about why they feel the way they feel about the books.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and alot of media these days lacks that....its usually one sided...I like writing about both. big grin

ladygrim
yup

orlandoOYEA
Brilliant air angel

~Air Angel~
THANKS! big grin

Darth Sauron
Yeah AA, it totally does rock my socks yes

~Air Angel~
THANKS! big grin

LadySlytherin
hey airangel...if this isnt too much trouble, can you post your paper in my thread entitled : Harry potter...the work or the devil? maybe people will start understanding the other sides viewpoint smile

~Air Angel~
sure! big grin

eezy45
Thats so great!! Love it!! You Rock!!! rock
A magnificent work smile

eek!

LadySlytherin
thank you for posting it airangel smile youre the best!

~Air Angel~
I got an 86 on my paper!! YAY!! big grin and a B in the class!!!! YAY! smile

oceanflame
Good Job!!! happy

~Air Angel~
big grin, I was scared b/c that class was hard and it was harder to write the HP story than I had originally planned it to be.

Thanks! smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.