what if...?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mook
Gandalf: That ring is bad news Frodo - it must be destroyed.

Frodo: how so?

Gandalf: it must be placed in the fires of Mount Doom

Frodo: oh well, i guess that means a lot of walking, camping and then running away from monsters, lots of death and almost losing all my friends?

Gandalf: Nah, i know some big eagles that can fly us straight to the mountain and we can drop it in the lava. we'll be home for tea.

Frodo: nice one!

A.D. Skinner
Would you still have Elijiah and Ian acting in this version ???

Thorondor
How many times have we talked about this laughing

OrliNElijahsGrl
LOL@this topic......so funny, oh the possibilities that gandalf could lend frodo an eagle to fly to the mount doom to drop the ring, oh sure thats the simple way, but thus not the way tolkien written it to have happen, it would of been too simple if frodo just took the eagles and flew to mount doom to drop the ring and destroy it, then we'd never of met the elves...and had everything else happen

Sam: i wonder whats taking frodo so long in destroying the ring
gandalf: relax he will be dropping in no time
*frodo drops*
Sam: that was quick
Frodo: just a hop, skip and a jump, now lets celebrate!\

LOL

Sauron
Exa has the answer to this

Its something about the eagles being arrogant like the french, who do **** all for you unless you do something for them....

OrliNElijahsGrl
LOL!!

Vim
I have a good answer, b/c Sauron was already gathering armies and power. So he had the nazgul flying around and probably some orcs with bows and arrows, so the eagles would've had a hard time getting to mount doom.

OrliNElijahsGrl
Oooo good point vim

Sauron
Yeah but really, it was because the eagles didnt owe gandalf anything
and they ae creatures of manwes own thought! they dont simply taxi people about

mad that would be absurd!

Exabyte
That's Tolkien's answer, not mine big grin he wrote about it in a letter smile

Sauron
But your his daughter yes

Sauron
http://img48.exs.cx/img48/926/SW.th.jpg

OrliNElijahsGrl
good point sauron...gotta agree with sauron...although he hates me and wont even speak to me in tig...

Sauron
i dont!
i have done!

sad Dont say things like that sad

eezy45
thats like the 100th thread about that crap laughing out loud

OrliNElijahsGrl
I know sauron, and i love you, i forgive you, sorry i snapped, im just real sick and i think im starting to get appendix problems, its hurting

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.