Obi Wan a pilot or what??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Xantos Clone
does anyone think we will see ob1 as a fighter pilot like Luke or Anakin? actually in battle?....

we know he operate the bongo, but I can't picture him flying his own ship in a 'dogfight' type scene...

I'm guessing NO cause' he and luke were looking for a pilot in ANH....or maybe they just didn't have a ship so they figured let's just hire some dude to get us to alderan.

Ratcat
No, I don't believe OB1 has any great pilot potential. It would be good to see him at the controls of a fighter having some difficulty. Every one needs a weakness of some kind.

Dim
I love the idea of showing him goofing up smile

yeah, I don't think OB1 is a pilot.

Ratcat
Some people assume that the Jedi are just natutally prodigous in everything they do, we need this idea dispelled .

theEviljedi
I'm sure Ani will be a pilot explaining what Obi Wan said in ROTJ and that Obi Wan will be a General based on what was said in ANH.

Ratcat
Infantry and Pilot, that would make sense. But I'm sure we will see Ani as a foot soldier too.

tainted one
right, obi-wan probably doesn't get to be a pilot too much. general sounds like ground troops to me. however, in ANH, obi-wan demonstrates that he does have a keen knowledge of space flight and ships in general.

"there's another ship coming in" (solo)
"he followed us!" (luke)
"no, it's a short-range fighter" (kenobi)
"a fighter that size couldn't get this deep into space on it's own" (kenobi)
"he must have gotten lost, been part of a convoy or something" (luke)
"well, he's not going to be around long enough to tell anyone about us" (solo)
"it would be just as well to let him go, he's too far out of range" (Kenobi)
"not for long, chewie, jam his transmition" (solo)
"aaargghhh" (chewie) smile
"looks like he's heading for that small moon" (luke)
"i think i can get him before he gets there, he's almost in range" (solo)
"that's no moon, it's a space station!" (kenobi)

okay, i'll stop. here we see that kenobi (1) can tell what range a ship has by just looking at it, (2) knows how deep into space they are, (3) knows just by looking that it is out of range of solo's guns, (4) and recognizes the space station before anyone else.

he may not be a pilot at the same level as anakin (he was the best starpilot in the galaxy, and a cunning warrior), but kenobi seems to know his way around.

Dim
Could it be that he just has the navigational skills but not the technical knowledge to fly the new technology?

King Jedi
I would love to see all the Jedi in their own customized ships.smile

Dim
Yeah, that would be cool...to show us some personality smile

King Jedi
And Yoda's would have to be smaller than the rest. Or maybe he could have the biggest one to make up for his lack of size.smile

Dim
Ha ha ha...nah, I bet his is the same size as everybody elses...Size matters not..

Gundark
tainted one hit the nail on the head. I don't think Obi-Wan is any hot pilot (at least nowhere near anakin), he probably just flies by the book and doesn't do too much hotdogging. As Leia's message in ANH says, "General Kenobi, years ago you served by father in the clone wars..."
I think Obi-Wan did standard Jedi "we can protect you but we can't fight a war for you stuff", not fancy aviation. Think about it...the only vehicle we say him pilot in four movies was Boss Nass's water taxi. wink

Jedimaster3838
I don't think that Obi-Wan is a pilot. I am sure he has the ability, but his talents are best used elsewhere, where Anakin is a GREAT pilot and thats where his talents are best used. And when I think of a general I think of someone commanding a large vessel, or a large ground army, not a pilot, well, excluding Lando at Endor. There are exceptions to every rule.

King Jedi
He could be a pilot. He knew where all the best pilots hung out (mos eisley) and he knew all about the Kessel run. And don't forget that he picked Han Solo who was probably the best pilot in the galaxy.

Jedimaster3838
Good call KJ, he did pick out Han Sol, the baddest you know what in the galaxy, besides Luke(Come on, he had the Force). But I still think OB1 talents are best used on the ground, but I am sure he would be a great pilot in his own right

Xantos Clone
Actually, in the 'Jedi Apprectice' books, he has some experience with flying a ship or two, but it is described as him just barly pulling it off...

he knows enough to get by, but it is obvious that it was not one of his strong points...he did not like it and was not looking forward to doing it again from what I read in the other related books to follow...

seeing him operate the underwater 'bongo' made me think of this topic, but I believe I may have already answered my own questions on this ....

Great Master Brit Hunt
I can't imagine Obi-Wan flying a ship.

King Jedi
Neither can I realy, but it could suprise everybody.

Darth Daft
Well you know what they say:
"A Jedi's power lies within knowledge."
Or something like that. Whatever it is, I'm sure Kenobi has quite a large knowledge of many things in the galaxy, including ships of course.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.