Dick Tracy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Joker1237
I just got a book about the history of comics, from the 1800s- to the 1960's writter Jerry Robinson. ITs a old book but when it got to the early 30's (1931 to be to the point) it had 2 pages for Dick Tracy, Talk about the villians, There was no 5th, the villians eiter were shot up or much worse. Read a few comics clips, and was in shock in how good the story line was.

Whats your thought on this?? Should they bring Dick Tracy back?? I think it would be great to see him make a comeback after all these years, forget about the movie with Modonna.

RaventheOnly
The movie was good big grin and i loved the cartoon as a kid and it would be really cool to see it comeback big grin

WindDancer
Absolutely one of the greatest comic strips character! DT is by far the best detective/crime fighter/police character ever! Chester Gould's DT is a cool top of the line guy. DT enemies are very unique in style and evilness. Despite lack of interests these days for comic heroe of the past. DT still recognize as an icon.

Is ashame that Disney would not make a special edition DVD of the 1990 movie. I hope DT stays where he is right now. I would hate to see the character be transform into something futuristic. Like Dick Tracy 2099 or Mega Dick Tracy. Ugh!

I still have some old issues of the reprints made by Gladstone Comics 14 years ago. For me DT is great and he remains an icon of comic strips.

Arachnoidfreak
"Mega Dick Tracy"

!!!!!! laughing

WindDancer
I know I couldn't resist it wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.