Metallica: $ome Kind of Mon$ter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cinemaddiction
$o, I wa$ ju$t wondering who had planned on $eeing thi$ 2 hour $hitfe$t of $elf-righteou$ne$$, beer $willing, and $heer arrogance di$played by what wa$ once one of the be$t metal band$ known to man.

Anyone? Bueller? Hey, if you don't go now, you can always buy the DVD, all 5 versions of it. Help pay off those pesky therapy and detox bills.

http://www.corsicas.com/corys/selloutica.jpg

tabby999
pffft, hate to be a cynic wouldn't you. they spent tons on that movie ($1 million if the rumors are true) and it made about $45000 on opening night. if they wanted to recoup all the money they spent on different ventures, they'd have released a few "digitaly remastered" versions of their old classic albums, or make a best of or something. and as far as being a money grubber, Lars is the little "sue everyone" whore, blame him.

Cinemaddiction
Your absolutely right. Metallica doesn't deserve any cynical reviews, it costs $1 Million dollars to make a home movie, they didn't re-release all their albums on "Gold" discs in 1999 @ $40 a piece, Lars is the only one that sold out, and their new album is critically acclaimed.

People, go see the movie, seriously. Metallica is in dire need of cash, because $80 concert tickets and $30 shirts just don't cover their $40,000 therapy bills and $100,000 monthly liquor and painkiller habits.

MetallicA roolz!

Seriously. The band deserves all the shit they catch. They sold out on legions of fans, and tried to make a comeback with tired "angst" rock. They are 40 years old and have been made for life, what the **** do they have to be angry about? Being alcoholics?

I sure as hell didn't force them to swill booze and make shitty music in the 90's. The fact that all 4 of their past home videos were never released in theatres is what gets me. What makes this time so different?

ragesRemorse
This movie was defaintly one of the most pointless movies that could have ever been made. I saw it two nights ago at a screening in the arts theater. If you have seen any of metallica's old documentaris and behind the scenes movies, then you have seen this, actually you have seen more than this movie offers. I forget the names now, but i know it was a 6 hour 2 tape set where it accounted metalllicas travels, it went witht hem in hotels, business meetings and at home and concerts. This movie is a waste of money and time, please dont see this film. It marks the official end of a ounce great metal band.

the only good part about the film was to see the only memeber of the band left who is still the same as the old days, and the only one left with rational, and that is kirk. He said in the film " yeah i dont know why we are making this film, but the band seems down with it, so who am i to disagree with the majority" I bet you wont be surprised to learn that the member who lit the fire for this flick to bemade was ulrich, he is the aptimy of what this band ounce stood for. *****in ass hole i hope he gets an in operable tumor at the base of his spine. The only reason this move was made is to try and get some fans back after the travesty that is st. anger

Vengeance
well once again u have my full suport thats this movie will suck and that MATALLICA sucks. had to say it, and them making a movie is just sick. there low life whinny little drunk bitches that need theropy becuase there so rich even though they complain about free music. plus i dont need to see bad singers like that go to theropy for dumb reasons(prolly couldn't find anything else to spend there money on then beer).

botankus
I didn't know about this movie, but I stopped caring about them about two days after the black album was released in 1991.

SlipknoT
Metallica needs to realize that their best days are behind them. They should have stopped making new music after the Black Album. And that whinny little ***** Lars I hate him.
laughing out loud Remember that South Park episode where the four of them were charged with downloading music for free, and this guy takes them to Lars Ulriche's house and Lars is crying and the guy says "Because of what you kids did Lars cant afforde that gold shark cage he always wanted

Jason Wyngarde
i hate lars as well.gun_bandana lars.2guns lars.

tabby999
you'd need therapy too if you spent the amount of time they have with lars, have you listened to him talk? and who cares if they make a movie, its their money, they can stick it in their ears and light it on fire for all i care

Cinemaddiction
That's the point. If nobody cares, why would anyone go see it, and why was it made?

Because they sold their soul to the devil, asked for it back, and tried to sell it to him again.

lil bitchiness
Yes, I will deffinitivly be seeing it.

Vengeance
u cant just always blame it all on lars, there all retardes. just abunch of red neck acholics. and the fact that they sold out on there only fans just is sick. they nead the bigest kick in the ass. i have better things to see then a bang of low life basterds whinning about there losses.

Mortanius
I can't understand how Metallica became the sorry-ass band that they are now. 'Ride the Lightening' through 'And Justice For All' are masterpieces and then all of a sudden they sell-out.

SlipknoT
I know they're complete crap now.

bardock
not just now they always were

SlipknoT
No, they used to be great, they were one of the best bands ever

bardock
imo they always sucked

Mortanius
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but back up what you say. Tell me one Metallica song from the eighties that you deem sucks.

amity75
How dare you all slag Metallica. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Cinemaddiction
I'm not "slagging" Metallica. I'm making fun of a group of lushes who make empty "angst rock" to line their pockets at age 40.

Mortanius
Metallica was the pinnacle of thrash metal bands, but they caved into the mainstream with the Black album and have gotten worse ever since. That's the main reason why they suck.

Korri
No!!! mad you cant kill Lars!!!! Die biotch spam_laser

Exactly what i was thinking!! no

Korri has got the Power, Korri has the power kicking

Scarpa
Take that Back!!!!

Scarpa
Metallica rules and anybody that bashs them should die

SlipknoT
Metallica DID rule. All of thier new music sucks.

Korri
no expression.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.