The Lord of the Rings "What If's"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

theone0103
This is a thread where you can post anything that you think could have made the movie better to chancge or just your ideas of making things different. Or saying "...instead of this happening what if this happened...".

I know that everyone thinks that things are fine the way they are and to tell you the truth I do too. But i just want to make it fun just to think about if the movie didn't end happy or if that battle scene included deaths of main characters, just to see how that would effect the movie.

You can also think of a "What If" as creating your own alternate scenes making the movie better or worse (in a way).

But...just remember we DON'T want to change the movie/books, they are fine the way they are, these are just to say "...what if it happened this way..."

Moo Cow
what if jackson followed the books and but the witchking on a horse in the third movie no expression

Melkórë
"What if":
Frodo kept the Ring, and destroyed all of Middle-earth.
Possible?

Kitoky
"What If..."

Frodo got captured by the Uruks and brought to Saruman - will Saruman use it to try and win over Sauron?

FeceMan
What if Peter Jackson died and Tolkien was somehow resurrected and directed the movies?

theone0103
What if Frodo had died as he fell of the ledge and sam surived and so did everyone else?

How would their life be effected and how would Sam be able to tell the rest of the fellowship?

Nienna
What if Orlando Bloom had not played Legolas...no expression

I don't think much would've happened, Frodo just went with the Elves. I think we could dispose of him. wink

I think also, Frodo would, of course, be a great loss, but it wouldn't be as if...Aragorn was murdered or something. stick out tongue

Kitoky
Less fangirls...definately....

Fëanor
what if bilbo never gave up the ring?

theone0103
What if Frodo somehow grabed the ring from Gollum as he fell and let gollum die?

theone0103
What if Frodo let go of Sam's arm?

Exabyte

Darth Sauron
Exa, they had no choice, they did resit me for a while

But my charm won them over in the end

lotrxtremist
What if Legolas was gonna be the king instead of aragorn? That would be too weird! blink

ArrghPirateGirl
Yeah....A little crazy 2 blink

ladygrim
wat if frodo dropped the ring half way to mount doom but didnt realise and carryed on the journey with out the ring lol

Flying High
then sum pepl wood hav a slight problem lol....

BloomBabyGirl
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Nienna
What if Orlando Bloom had not played Legolas...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

less money made in the film cuz the fangirls wouldnt have gone to see it

Flying High
then pepl wood b saying.....Orlando who....?

ladygrim
just a few ...

Flying High
LOTR launched him....so he mite not have been an actor if he didnt get the part as Legolas...

undomiel
what if stuart townsend had still played aragorn..

eezy45
fear then my Sig would look different

Flying High
what if Legolas took the ring thinking it looked better on him....

Neo Baggins
???ok

Discos
what if Elrond got Thorondor to take the ring and plop it in Mount Doom at the beginning.

Kella
Uhm...that would've been a pretty lame book then. laughing out loud

What if Sam had not given Frodo the ring back?

What if when Sam was wearing the ring he was overcome by the great eye and he killed Frodo instead of rescuing him from the dark tower?

manny321
What wold happen if lotr was based in the times of guns early 1600's

fuct_up_kid
What if Gandalf turned evil? confused

manny321
oh dear, thats a scary thought

Discos
what if Minas Tirith had a sex lair....in the times of Eagos wink

Darth Sauron
Then he would be banished from it by the head pimp sauron.

Exabyte
That's kinda off-topic... but...

What if LoTR had been written by somebody else?

... takes ages to read that all, but it's brilliant big grin
The idea is similar to the one with "what if an other director had made the movies", just with writers this time smile

Btw
does anyone have a link to the different-director-texts?

Darth Sauron
laughing!!!

Stephen King.

1. Gandalf Takes A Fall

Standing there, in the dark, Frodo Baggins reckoned he knew a lot about fear. He had begun to find out about it after The Party (and everyone said it that way, The Party, so you could hear the capital letters), when he had been come into possession of a certain ring, a very precious one, oh yes friends and neighbors.

And when he became aware that there really were shambling dark riders that came a-hunting Hobbits--that they were real, not just stories told by firelight to scare young Hobbits in their dark holes, why, then, fear had become his constant companion, closer even than Sam. Sam, who stood beside him in the dark with the others as the sound of distant drums echoed crazily through the caverns, sounding for all the world like a demented rock and roll band.

But now, here in Moria, the true measure of fear was upon him and he felt it like the icy breath of a barrow-wight on the nape of his neck, obscenely familiar.

Even Gandalf was scared, you could see it in the whiteness of his knuckles as he gripped his staff. And if Gandalf was scared, then you could be pretty ****ing sure that some bad shit was going to go down. Because Gandalf was their leader. He bound the Fellowship together with his friendship and his firm voice (only hadn't he said something once about stuttering as a kid?) and yet here he was with that look in his eyes that said, Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ, thought Gandalf. It's here, isn't it? Here. He could feel its presence, some malign thing. It wouldn't be long now. He could sense the

(balrog)

creature rising slowly from the slime of the pit, then more steadily. Then it was coming fast.

Then it came.

It was a ravening beast, manlike, deep flaming blackness (and were there wings or not? Gandalf thought crazily) and then it was upon him with its whip and flame and fear. He met it with all his power and as it struggle with him, he felt the bridge begin to give underneath them, and he had time to yell "Fly, you fools," and think, oh shit, and then he was gone.

Into the dark.

laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.