please vote for August's book of the month

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BadKitty
please vote for August's book of the month,
okkies friends..here is a poll of 15 books that we can choose from for August's book for our book of the month club.
I will leave this up all week..after we all vote, the most popular book wins for that month we start reading in beginning of August till the end of August with a thread that is solely for discussing for our chosen book.
also post your comments if you like on the books you have chosen,or have new ideas to proceed with our club.all thoughts are much appreciated

thank you everyone for your input please be sure to vote for your book on the poll.

here are the considered nominations~(reminder only the first book nominated by any one person is considered)
----------------------------------------------------

Dragonflight by Anne McCaffrey

The Stand by Stephen King

Do androids dream of electric sheep? by Philip K. Dick

The Last Unicorn, by Peter Beagle

Left Behind by Jerry B. Jenkins and Tim Laheye

The taking by: Dean Koontz

Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy

Quicker Than the Eye by Ray Bradbury

Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer

Angels and Demons by Dan Brown

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nightime by Mark Haddon

The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice

Dracula by Bram Stoker

Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie

Star Wars Heir to the Empire by Tim Zahn

BadKitty
I voted for The Stand by Stephen King

Arachnoidfreak
Dracula baby!

MasterWizard
The Stand

Clovie
voted

Mr Zero
What's Anna Karenina & The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nightime - doing in that list? Serious novels slumming it amongst the pulp pot-boilers...

OOops. I meant to say "voted"

PS: B-kitty - I saw in some old thread you were (back then) reading the screwtape letters... how'd that work out for you?

HockeyHorror
Tolstoy gets my vote.

Stormy_Day
Tribulation Force cool

BadKitty
Great! I absolutely loved that book! I carried it around every where!

you know now that you mention it I wish I would have nominated it for this month..I defiantly will next month wink

hobbit_dude
what bok did u voted for bkk?

hobbit_dude
agatha christi is winning!!

BadKitty
I voted for The Stand by Stephen King big grin

Primitive Screwhead #1
Angels and Demons can wait. If there's a chance for me to re-read my all time favorite, I've gotta back it up. Chalk another one up for The Stand.

yerssot
blink

either post got deleted or it was with that whole thing about that hardware...

I voted too... Agatha Christie...partly cause I read the book... partly cause I was asked
eventhough I liked Heir to the Empire more

hobbit_dude
murder in the orient express is an exellent book!!

coolboarder98
I take it either not many people know who Philip K. Dick is or don't know about Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? Well that's what I voted for.

Mr Zero
Dont fret -

PKD is (in my never humble opinion) one of the very few "sci-fi" authors that is worth bothering with, a remarkable writer with a vast and assured grasp of language.

Mr Zero
I ask because I listened to Joss Acklands audiobook reading of Screwtape on my flight a few weeks back and it's worth a listen, Joss has this great booming gravely voice that does the material proud.

Also - you might want to try "Screwtape proposes a toast" - the not-quite-really-a-sequel.

Vampiree
i vote for anna karenina

Silver Stardust
Voted for Dragonflight yes

hobbit_dude
looks like agatha is gonna win!! btw when does the poll close??

BlackC@t
I've read a few of them but didn't really enjoy them erm

But I'll vote for Stephen King.

BlackC@t
Wait a minute, I thought poll's could only have ten, that has more!

hobbit_dude
oh ok

MakubeX
i'm the only one who voted for artemis fowl????????? that sucks....

BadKitty
the night of the 31st

Stormy Day
BK snuck some in shifty.You see she is good with polls wink

BadKitty
I dunno why but that sounded naughty evil face

BlackC@t
evil face shifty

Dirty indeed........

lil bitchiness
eek! Right on HH!!

lil bitchiness
I nominated Anna Karenina, since i assumed people would be interested in some good novel reading! yes

BadKitty
after reading your post I went to see on amazon if I could see about the audio tapes..they mentioned C.S. Lewis's biting satire received a 1999 Grammy nomination for best spoken-word performance with voice of John Cleese! I bet thats superb as well..I defiantly will go to library and see if I can get either of the audio sets.

I have looked for Screwtape proposes a toast around here at local stores and library,no luck. c.s. lewis's writing style compels me.

I made a c.s. lewis thread here c.s. lewis~Narnian Chronicles

BlackC@t
I'll trying so hard to get to the libaury these days to get out these books but my life is to busy, I barely have time for anything. But I'll try and buy some off Amazon, if there are any people recommend.

Stormy Day
It was no expression

el_barto
The Vampire Lestat

Primitive Screwhead #1
Well, since the poll is closed... I guess it's safe to ask: which version shall we discuss, the original or uncut version of The Stand? Looking forward to reading through this again. It'll be good exercise considering its ties to the Dark Tower series...

BadKitty
sorry I'm late..I'd say thats up to the discreation of the reader since..some may be able to only get one version or the other...

I would prefer we all read the the uncut version,but I wouldn't want any one to be excluded..

btw everyone..incase you haven't seen the poll the stand wins! yay!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.