Superman Vs Apacolypse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheFilmProphet
I don't about you but I have always wondered how it would be to see Superman fight Apacolypse evil face

Black Spiderman
superman would lose apocalypse is 1 of the strongest villians ever

TheFilmProphet
What if Superman managed to trap Apacolypse in space? Then Supes would win

Abbita
Thats already happened hasn't it? Apocalypse was trapped up in space but he came back eventually.

TheFilmProphet
Yeah it did but it was the X-Men who did it with the help of at least 10 people in the group including the ship its self but Superman is only one person and would have to fight him head on.

Victor Von Doom
I think Superman would win. Apoc is a bit overrated.

TheFilmProphet
It would be great to see the match up in 3D animation evil face

ragesRemorse
well superman has beaten darkseid, and he is essentially a rip off of A-poc, A-poc may have more abilities but they are again essentially the same characters.

TheFilmProphet
Darkseid can't do all the things Apacolypse can Apacolypse can make himself bigger, and morph but Darkseid basically just shoots lasers from his eyes. wink

ragesRemorse
yeah i know A-poc has more abilites but on strength level there near equal

TheFilmProphet
Yeah but because of Apacolypse's abilities Superman would have a much more difficult time fighting him.

Victor Von Doom
Darkseid is a rip off of Apoc?

I don't think so.

TheFilmProphet
Apacolypse would win both of them put together wink

moshtitan
i would actually take Darkseid over Apocalypse any day.

TheFilmProphet
You have got to be kidding me

moshtitan
no, considering Darkseids on par with Thanos as far as power goes, and Apocalypse hasnt made near the accomplishments that Darkseid has.

Mane
Apocalypse would beat Superman, but Apocalypse isnt in the same league as Darkseid/Thanos

SUPERMANDAMAN
but superman beat darkseid im taking superman on this one.

Magee
Superman would beat Apocalypse lol.

Darkseid is supposedly on par with Thanos' power but i would say Thanos is stronger. I would like to think the power Cosmic is stronger than his shitty eye beams, Thanos has low level psychic abilities, can rearrange matter, is invulnerable to a degree, cant die and is immune to poisons and disease and doesnt need to eat.

Theres more but im not sure about Darkseids power, i think his strength is equal to Thanos but if anyone wants to post his abilities please do.

chilled monkey
This would be a good fight.

I'd say Superman would win. He has defeated some pretty hard-hitters, Darkseid, Doomsday etc

TheFilmProphet
But Apacolypse can not be killed he is the most powerful mutant in Marvel comics.

Magee
Yea but i would say its pretty hard to kill Superman. Sure he's been killed by Doomsday, proving he can be killed but with great difficulty. Can he even die now?

TheFilmProphet
All Apacolypse needs is some Kryptonite then to just finish him off by forming giant hammers for hands or something evil face

Magee
lol. Suppose.

Mane
no he isnt! Franklin Richards is

SUPERMANDAMAN
Yup and then i would have to go with Magneto.

Alpha Centauri
It's Apocalypse for crying out loud. Not Apacolypse.

I'm backing Superman on this one. Apocalypse is immortal but it's misunderstood. He's only immortal coz he's a representation of evil. He has to exist all the time.

-AC

Mane
no i have made this list and i will make it again!

1. Franklin Richards
2. X-Man
3. Apocalypse
4. Cable (without techno virus)
5. Magneto( at full power)
6. Professor Xavier
7. Cassandra Nova
8. Exodus
9. Emma Frost
10. Psylocke
11. Rogue

Alpha Centauri
Franklin Richards and X-Man do top the list I believe.

-AC

manjaro
Apocalypse isnt inherently immortal, true, he's extremely long lived but he has to periodically immerse himself in a "lazarus chamber" thing a few decades or so like Ra's Al ghul.

manjaro
regardless supes has this one

Mane
yes there are immortals...thats mean they dont age or die...but they can be beaten

manjaro
ummmm....ok you lost me there

Alpha Centauri
It was a bit nonsensical but he means they can be beaten without being killed. Loss doesn't equal death.

Lord Ryugen
I'll vote for supes but I've never seen anyone actually seriously hurt apoc. Anyone want to help me out here.

TheFilmProphet
What about Storm she can do alot more damage then Rogue.

JuggernautFan
apocalypse in a weakened state laughed at blackbolts scream ( which took out the hulk * a heavy hitter *). but that was back-in-the-day apoc.

Linkalicious
a scream isn't a physical beating.

Perhaps Apoc isn't affected by sonic sound like the incredible Hulk is. It's a guess I'm making, but I assume Blackbolt's scream would have a similar effect on Superman...

But neither can use such a scream against one another, so i don't see it's usefullness in this arguement...

and old school Apoc was brutal, he'd probably take down Superman. But now, Apoc gets ousted by lesser opponents all the time, so I'd go with Superman.

JuggernautFan
well the scream also has some destructive forces behind it also. it isn't purley sonic.

manjaro
did anyone know that superman can scream loud as sh*t too? of course this doesnt have anything to do with this forum, but remember in ou8r worlds at war when his parents farm was destroyeed by the probe he scream so loud supergirl was temporarily deaaf?

also am i the only one that notices that all the strong guys in comicdom have that sonic hand clap thing*lol*

Docpocalypse
Blackbolt is not Banshee. He did not scream to KO the Hulk he whispered. He screamed against Apocalypse and he laughed and continues to fight. I believe his scream works with sonics as well as pure destructive force and Superman has nothing on Blackbolt in that department.

Magee
Ahhh Blackbolt hes one crazy ass mofo!! sly

TheFilmProphet
Well if Superman were fighting the Apocalypse from the 90's before he ever died in the comics than Superman would lose this one.

Black Spiderman
i think apocalypse would win

TheFilmProphet
The only person that agrees with me so far.

moshtitan
id take Apoocalypse also.

TheFilmProphet
That makes three now big grin

ragesRemorse
What the f**k? one for superman big grin ...YAY!!!! superman....yeah im just sad blink What the f**k? blink

TheFilmProphet
The Man Of Steel VS Invincible Villain Of Pure Evil

SnakeEyes
i say Apocalypse!

TheFilmProphet
Thats 4 for Apocalypse now big grin

Docpocalypse
My bad, I Did not put in my former post that I choose The Apocalypse.

TheFilmProphet
Six for Apocalypse now big grin

JuggernautFan
this is truely a clash of titans, if the good guy always winning thing didn't apply. on paper, apoc should win, but since supes is the good guy, and he has many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many (you get the point) more fans, he would win.

TheFilmProphet
True. But if it was made into 3 episodes on a cartoon Apocalypse would win in the first two episodes. He would lose the third because of the good guy thing.

WarHulk980
I choose Apocalypse. If he finds out Supes is vulnerble to krytonite he can just turn himself into that substance. Then Superman is a goner. smile

TheFilmProphet
Apocalypse all the way evil face

wolverex84
come on, apocalypse should take this one, because he can alter and control his atomic structure in his body, increase size from the help of unknown dimension, can gain any known physical strength, and most of all, immortal, lived over 5000 years, he is way or more intelligent than sups, his ability to control his atomic structure render his to be able to turn into almost any thing imaginable, form space ships to weaponry gadget, shield and anyone who he wises.

Hegemon875
Originally posted by TheFilmProphet
The Man Of Steel VS Invincible Villain Of Pure Evil

HA! invincible I dont think so. Superman wins this one

Hegemon875
If youre gonna allow kryptonite why create any superman vs thread at all? BTW what superman incarnation are you talking about? Because the only one who have any trouble with apocalypse would be normal post crisis superman.

Hegemon875
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
well superman has beaten darkseid, and he is essentially a rip off of A-poc, A-poc may have more abilities but they are again essentially the same characters.

whoah how wrong is that, Apoc is a rip off of darkseid, someone posted that Marvel has admitted this. I have 4 words for ya Jack "The King" Kirby, creator of Darkseid and all the new gods.

illadelph12
All abilities at play, Apoc wins. If he were a super hero there'd be no question. He can grant himself any physical ability, make himself invulnerable to Supes powers, morph his body into weapons, machines, etc, and if he gained knowledge of Supes vulnerability to kryptonite, he could just morph his hands into the substance and grab Supes by the neck.

The only counter would be Supes speed, but considering that Apoc can grant himself any physical ability, or just form a warp drive jet pack onto his back and a kryptonite radiation signature blaster out of his hand, he could counter.

Gotta be Apoc.

Now, if it were those crazy blue and red energy versions of Supes with the psuedo-Magneto powers, he might have a chance to pull of the adverse polarity attack Magneto used in AoA. The other normal Supes versions would have their hands seriously full because they rely to heavily on brute force. That's Apoc's arena all the way. You have to be either psionic or have energy/matter manipulation powers to down Apocalypse. You can't take him physically.

Hegemon875
Originally posted by illadelph12
All abilities at play, Apoc wins. If he were a super hero there'd be no question. He can grant himself any physical ability, make himself invulnerable to Supes powers, morph his body into weapons, machines, etc, and if he gained knowledge of Supes vulnerability to kryptonite, he could just morph his hands into the substance and grab Supes by the neck.

The only counter would be Supes speed, but considering that Apoc can grant himself any physical ability, or just form a warp drive jet pack onto his back and a kryptonite radiation signature blaster out of his hand, he could counter.

Gotta be Apoc.

Now, if it were those crazy blue and red energy versions of Supes with the psuedo-Magneto powers, he might have a chance to pull of the adverse polarity attack Magneto used in AoA. The other normal Supes versions would have their hands seriously full because they rely to heavily on brute force. That's Apoc's arena all the way. You have to be either psionic or have energy/matter manipulation powers to down Apocalypse. You can't take him physically.

I disagree precrisis superman could move planets through brute force, and the superman from the 835th or something century punched through the time barrier, and superman prime is well just superman prime (15000 inside a star esentially he is a living star)

Cosmic Cube
Superman moved the planets with flight. He never lifted it.
Pushing a car and lifting a car aren't the same, are they? Strength isn't required to move a planet, force (as well as the power of flight,) is.

A rocket could do the same thing Superman did. (Though moving a planet without going through it is illogical. But, this is a comic book. Early DC comic book, no less) If Superman stood on a surface that attracted gravitational pull equivalent to that of Earth's, and lifted the weight of the planet, THAT would prove that he could lift a planet. His strength is significantly less.

Superman really didn't "beat" Doomsday. He stopped him. Superman died at the end of the fight; Doomsday lived on.

Hegemon875
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Superman moved the planets with flight. He never lifted it.
Pushing a car and lifting a car aren't the same, are they? Strength isn't required to move a planet, force (as well as the power of flight,) is.

A rocket could do the same thing Superman did. (Though moving a planet without going through it is illogical. But, this is a comic book. Early DC comic book, no less) If Superman stood on a surface that attracted gravitational pull equivalent to that of Earth's, and lifted the weight of the planet, THAT would prove that he could lift a planet. His strength is significantly less.

Superman really didn't "beat" Doomsday. He stopped him. Superman died at the end of the fight; Doomsday lived on.

I never said he lifted it besided in the comic world it DOES require strength. Many other heroes can fly but none can single handedly move the planet.
"A rocket could do the same thing Superman did." Yes a Super rocket could, but not any conventional rocket.
Regardless of all that he is still far stronger than Apocalypse.

Cosmic Cube
Even in comic books, it requires force to move a heavenly body. Unless Superman was pushing off of a surface, he would need force behind him to move a planet. The force Superman projected behind himelf moved the planet, not his body itself.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Mane
no i have made this list and i will make it again!

1. Franklin Richards
2. X-Man
3. Apocalypse
4. Cable (without techno virus)
5. Magneto( at full power)
6. Professor Xavier
7. Cassandra Nova
8. Exodus
9. Emma Frost
10. Psylocke
11. Rogue

Am I missing something here? I do agree with 1-2 and a few of the others, but if this is a "most powerful Marvel mutants" list, then where is Thanos, Onslaught, Jean (with Pheonix Force), Jubilee, etc. A little off topic though (sorry), and probably for another thread...
-DM

P.S. Don't freak out...jk on Jube's.

illadelph12
smile

See, here's the catch: Supes starts out stronger then Apocalypse, but Apocalypse can increase his strength to match or surpass Supes. And unlike Hulk, it's not based on anger, all it takes is for Apoc to will himself to class 500,000+ tons. Not only that, but he could use Supes own strength against him. He could grant himself the power to absorb all forms of kinetic energy to increase his strength (ala Sebastian Shaw) which would be a physical ability, and then every punch Supes delivers works against him and makes Apoc stronger. Then it's just a matter of beating on Supes until that biomatrix field weakens (like Doomsday did) and Supes is dead.

DigiMark007
I'd vote for Superman by the way. Apoc is overrated in my book...the X-Men hand it to him constantly, and Supe's would laugh at all of them ('cept X and Jean (PF) but to my knowledge they've beaten Apoc. without the aid of either of those)
-DM

Cosmic Cube
Thanos isn't a mutant, and he isn't more powerful than Franklin Richards, (without the IG at least.) Onslaught is not a mutant, he is the collective consciousnesses of Charles Xavier, Magneto, Nathan Summers, and Franklin Richards. The Phoenix Force is not a mutant.

Hegemon875
Even in comic books, it requires force to move a heavenly body.

OK...............when did I state differently. Strength is force and if you argue otherwise then thats just semantics you know what I meant.

Unless Superman was pushing off of a surface, he would need force behind him to move a planet.

He would still need a force to lift an object no matter where he is

The force Superman projected behind himelf moved the planet, not his body itself.

And to exert a force you need to do work and the stronger you are the more work you can do hence the more force you exert. I mean where do you think the force came from? When you pick up a ball your body isnt actually moving it, the electron clouds are repelling each other, equal and opposite and all that, preventing gravity from ripping through your hand.

Cosmic Cube
If I do a handstand, am I lifting the weight of the Earth, or am I lifting myself? I am lifting my own weight, of course. That is the idea. Even if Superman could lift a billion earths, his strength would do nothing if he cannot exert a locomotive force behind him. He would have to project some sort of force, other than strength, to move the earth. Otherwise, he'd just be doing a handstand.

I don't know what the hell you're talking about towards the end of your post, but it sounds like you're going a bit too far in depth.

illadelph12
:

"Supes starts out stronger then Apocalypse, but Apocalypse can increase his strength to match or surpass Supes. And unlike Hulk, it's not based on anger, all it takes is for Apoc to will himself to class 500,000+ tons. Not only that, but he could use Supes own strength against him. He could grant himself the power to absorb all forms of kinetic energy to increase his strength (ala Sebastian Shaw) which would be a physical ability, and then every punch Supes delivers works against him and makes Apoc stronger. Then it's just a matter of beating on Supes until that biomatrix field weakens (like Doomsday did) and Supes is dead."

illadelph12
Oh, and Cosmic Cube is right.

I made the same argument in the Hulk Vs. Godzilla thread when someone said Hulk could just grab Godzilla by the tail and swing him around, and I said that all of Hulk's strength wouldn't matter if he grabbed Zilla's tail and Zilla lifted it and Hulk more than 10 feet off the ground and he had no ground to stand on, but that's immaterial here.

Blade Cutter
Apoc would make him one of his four hourse man like he did Hulk.

eleveninches
The x-men beat apoc, so why can't kalel

Hegemon875
guys im talking precrisis superman, he has no limits, Apoc is gonna get his ass handed to him.

K3VIL
The X-Men can beat Apolypse.Superman can murder him.

Miss_Faye
Hm...for the first time I think I'll have to go with Superman.

Gilgamesh
Reason # one i don't like X-Men, They created a team of mutants with down to earth powers, as Marvel takes great pride in saying that THEIR super heroes are more interesting for it. On the other hand, those not so powerfull mutants battle infinitaly strong villains, the likes of Magneto who is, all powers taken into acount, unbeatable, Apoc who also is technicaly an all powerful god, and yet always manage to beat them. On paper, thos two villains are in the Surfer/Thanos league, yet the X-Men beat them again and again...

in reality, both can take on Kal-El, but in comic books they have been beaten to many times by much lesser characters than Supes, so im going with Supes, unless these characters all pop up in real life one day, but ill see then.

illadelph12
laughing

The "X-Men beat Apocalypse, and Superman is more powerful, so Superman beats Apocalypse" equation is severely flawed, especially in this versus forum.

1) The X-Men defeat Apocalypse through psionics. His powers allow him to withstand physical damage. Superman (Kal El) is not psionic.

2) Magneto defeated him with adverse magnetic fields that pulled him apart at a molecular level. The psuedo-energy powered Superman would have a chance using this method of attack.

3) In the versus forum, unless stated by the thread originator, characters are to be considered to use their powers to the fullness of their capability to win.

All that taken into consideration, Apoc would murder Kal El, save possibly the Superman with the Electromagnetic powers. He can counter everything the other versions of Supes could throw at him because Supes relies on brute force and physical attacks. Apoc can shapeshift, grant himself any physical power/ability, and increase or decrease his density. He's basically an evil Martian Manhunter minus the telepathy, but plus the ability to morph into inorganic constructs like morphing his arm into a plasma cannon or rail gun, morphing his legs or back into a warp prepulsion drive, or altering his molecular structure into the hardest substance imaginable (density control).

Like I said above, he could simply alter himself to have a Sebastian Shaw type power in which every attack Supes hits Apocalypse with makes Apoc stronger, or he could just grab Supes and engulf him in his hand, then change his hand into a ryptonite/adamantium/vibranium hybrid alloy.

He'd kill Supes.

jinzin
seriously this is ridiculous, the guy just walked through hordes of x-heroes in xecutioners song and he was already dyeing. And standing up to a blackbolt scream much less laughing at it is ONE HELL of an accomplishment......if you don't know that you need to read more comics. I mean all Apoc really has to do is trun himself into adamantium and increase his strength level. then what is superman gonna do? honestly,,,,,besides hurt himself. Apoc's waaaaay too versatile (wish i could spell) to get beaten by supes.

And about the x-men beating him all the time.....since when? did you even read "the twelve"? have you any idea HOW TRULEY POWERFUL that team was?,,,,,seriously, they would make superman there prison *****.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.