Hyperion Vs. Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

superboriqua
CURRENT VER. HYPERION VS CURRENT VER. SUPERMAN
THIS IS A LITTLE TOUGH cause Hperion full powers havent been mentioned than again superman powers are always changing depending on the story or the writer

ScarletSpider
Although, Hyperion hasn't fully explored his powers. Hyperion is an Eternal, so he is able to control his molecular structure, making him invunerable, and if hurt, he can regenerate by force of will.

Superman is faster and stronger, and although his eternal powers, if put to use, might impede Superman's progress, Superman will eventually win.

superboriqua
where does it say Hyperion is an eternal?

manjaro
stalemate. even though guys like wonderman and Gladiator are hollow archetypes of Superman, Hyperion is the exact. in essence hyperion is superman, right down to having crash landed on earth from a dying planet and raised by farmers. the only fundamental difference between the two is hyperion's powers are derived from nuclear energy while superman relies on solar energy. Also, they are explained differently, depending on who the writer is. e.g. Superman's heat vision is usually described as him having an excess of solar power in his eyes that he absorbed from the sun and he has to discharge it from time to time. while hyperion's is SOMETIMES explained as him cuasing nuclear reactions within his body and the excess has nowhere to go but thru his eyes.

manjaro
Also in his civilian identity he works as an artist for a big metropolitan news paper

SnakeEyes
well thats the end of that thread i think manjaro summed it up!

ScarletSpider
At some point, an Eternal ran tests on him and found out that he was an Eternal, albiet in his reality, he's the last one left (quite like Superman is the last son of Krypton). So theoretically, Hyperion should have a couple abilities he hasn't even tapped into yet.

shadow177a17
Well think about this that it is said that Hyperion is a rip-off of superman like the gladiator character of the shi-ar. I forgot the website but it said they ripped superman off and the rest of the justice league to pay homage to tthem. Then it is said that dc comics has taken and made there own version of the avengers i think. But to me anyways it would be a draw without a question but it would all depend on the version of superman that you are going with here.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by manjaro
stalemate. even though guys like wonderman and Gladiator are hollow archetypes of Superman, Hyperion is the exact. in essence hyperion is superman, right down to having crash landed on earth from a dying planet and raised by farmers. the only fundamental difference between the two is hyperion's powers are derived from nuclear energy while superman relies on solar energy. Also, they are explained differently, depending on who the writer is. e.g. Superman's heat vision is usually described as him having an excess of solar power in his eyes that he absorbed from the sun and he has to discharge it from time to time. while hyperion's is SOMETIMES explained as him cuasing nuclear reactions within his body and the excess has nowhere to go but thru his eyes.
You forgot to mention that Hyperion is a far more interesting character than Superman - and he has cooler name. laughing out loud

Superman would probably win though.

Scoobless
smile

HigH ScholaR
Originally posted by shadow177a17
Well think about this that it is said that Hyperion is a rip-off of superman like the gladiator character of the shi-ar. I forgot the website but it said they ripped superman off and the rest of the justice league to pay homage to tthem. Then it is said that dc comics has taken and made there own version of the avengers i think. But to me anyways it would be a draw without a question but it would all depend on the version of superman that you are going with here.

i think they were called the angors or something on the lines of that

shadow177a17
Wait you mean that is what the dc version of avengers were called???

Wynndar
Originally posted by Scoobless
smile

HAHAHAHA

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Wynndar
HAHAHAHA

It wouldn't happen thoughsmile

Wynndar
Sure it would. Hyperion's dials go up to like 13 or something

Whirlysplatt
Sure it would. Hyperion's dials go up to like 13 or something

laughing out loud

Nope he used to get beaten up by Thundra smile

Juntai
Sure it would. Hyperion's dials go up to like 13 or something What do mean?
When Superman said the thing about dials he was talking about planets that revolve in dials around our sun. Thor said "The strongest in 9 worlds", meaning in Marvel, there's only 9 planets in our system, where in DC, like real life, there is 11. A joke reference that Superman is the strongest in 11 worlds, rather than 9.

wannabe
Originally posted by Juntai
What do mean?
When Superman said the thing about dials he was talking about planets that revolve in dials around our sun. Thor said "The strongest in 9 worlds", meaning in Marvel, there's only 9 planets in our system, where in DC, like real life, there is 11. A joke reference that Superman is the strongest in 11 worlds, rather than 9.
Finally someone who got it!

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by wannabe
Finally someone who got it!

Its as scoobs said a reference to spinal tap they put the extra 11 on their amps smile Thats the joke smile sorry laughing

yahman
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
Its as scoobs said a reference to spinal tap they put the extra 11 on their amps smile Thats the joke smile sorry laughing

'Yeh but our amps go up to 11'

'Why don't you just make ten louder?'

' Nahh .... but these go up to 11'

laughing laughing laughing I havn't seen much of it, but what i have seen is very funny. laughing

Wynndar
DC has 11 planets? And I assume u were making a joke about real life having 11 too, right?

MMMmmmm Thundra....now there's a nice sturdy girl.

Whirlysplatt
DC has 11 planets? And I assume u were making a joke about real life having 11 too, right?

MMMmmmm Thundra....now there's a nice sturdy girl.

possibly but its a direct quote from spinal tap smile

HigH ScholaR
not sure of the name but dc's vesion of the avengers appeared in

Justice League of America #87 (February 1971

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by HigH ScholaR
not sure of the name but dc's vesion of the avengers appeared in

Justice League of America #87 (February 1971

The Champions of Angor, they appeared post crisis when Max Lord ran the League. Wandjina died shutting down a russian reactor it was a cool story smile

roughrider
Originally posted by Juntai
What do mean?

I thought it was a reference to Norse Mythology, being that the conception of the universe is nine different planes of reality, or worlds
- Asgard, Midgard, Hel etc. - connected to the earth tree, Yggdrasil.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by roughrider
I thought it was a reference to Norse Mythology, being that the conception of the universe is nine different planes of reality, or worlds
- Asgard, Midgard, Hel etc. - connected to the earth tree, Yggdrasil.

No Thors is, Supes is a quote from spinal tap smile

Wickerman
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
No Thors is, Supes is a quote from spinal tap smile

What the f**k? You know whirly......sometimes i fear for you.......then i remember who you are........then i fear for the world..... no

~wickerman~

the Darkone
Hyperion is more powerful than superman, as an eternal he can increase abiliteis strength, speed, invulnerability, atomic vision, rearrange molecules etc. Superman in the being will get with hyperion but when hyperion increase his other powers it is all over. Superman will get knock out like a$2 hoe. Hyperion7/10

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.