Who Should Play Eddie Brock And Venom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheFilmProphet
Which actor should play Eddie Brock and Venom? Should it be two different actors playing Eddie and Venom? confused

Red Superfly
Whoever plays Eddie should also play Venom.

The only diffrence between them should be the fact Venom would have a CGI head.

The body should not increase or decrease in size - it should keep in line with the original Venom, where it just looked like Brock painted black with a scary face.

TheFilmProphet
Most of the time Brock's body has increased in muscle mass when he is Venom. I think the only thing that should be cgi is his tongue

Red Superfly
In his early days and in some of the modern original SPider-Man comics, Venom doesn't change size at all.

Venom never changed size originally - he was always the same size as Brock - just like how Spider-Man never chnaged size when he wore the symbiote.

Venom was just Symbiote Spidey with an evil face. It was merely because it was someone of Eddie's size wearring it that made him look bigger.

Nowadays Venom is just ridiculous.

moshtitan
hes definitely bulked up a little....if brock Lesnar could act, i think he could be a perfect Eddie Brock...and might even look good with a mullet.

Rhino
ya brock lesnar...

Rhino
it's kinda weird that eddie brock is a photographer, people with a big build are usually football players or somethin

TheFilmProphet
Thats why Peter Parker was always perfect as photographer. But Eddie was always kind of bulked up maybe even more then Flash Thompson.

badsymbiote
Not ridiculous, Superfly--just different. very different.

Prophet--Brock's muscle is only enhanced by the symbiote--Superfly is right. They should just have him appear in the suit, which makes him only very slightly larger, the CGI should give him the tongue and his elongated jaw--his 2 most signature features aside from the color and the Venom spider logo.

And, now that I've seen THIS guy--I'm thinking he's the man for the job. Mmmm. Yummy. This is Richard C. Everbeck, whom we have mentioned a number of times previously. Initially VENOMfan posted his pic and researched his uncredited role as Brock in the first Spidey movie.

moshtitan
ya, he could work...im not sure if he "Yummy" or not.

TheFilmProphet
I think a chick should decide the yummy part. I think we need to see a bulked up Venom not some skinny one because after all we will only get one chance at seeing him on screen.

badsymbiote
Oh, he's definately yummy, and I'm definately the woman to ask. I've met a bigger Venom fan or 2 in my day, but never one of my gender that knows a fraction of what I do about the man and his symbiote. believe that.

And he seems to be the right height and weight. And this Brock must be without a mullet. Yuck! Fine in the 80's, even acceptable 10 years ago, but no one in their right mind would sport that look in NYC in 2004 or 2007.

Bigt42987
yeah...if Brock Lesnar could act... thats the whole point

TheFilmProphet
But he can't so lets think of someone else big grin

badsymbiote
Good luck. I've been thinking about this for well over 6 months. And the guy above is about the best I've seen. I'd really like it to be a no-namer, but even more I'd like to be sure that they set it up right. Don't think that I won't wait another 6 or 7 years to see the role done some justice. I'd like it to be sooner, of course, I just don't see how it's possible...I suppose I'm not completely averse to the idea of a wrestler playing the part, but if he can't act, then f*ck him. I don't want a guy that just looks good screwing up one of my all-time favorite characters.

grey fox
vin deisel might do the job possibly but i still think that if they make a metal gear solid movie he should be vulcan raven (sorry ofr getting a little off topic)

badsymbiote
God, don't bring up Diesel...you'll cause a total uproar. I mentioned him a few months ago, and people hit the friggen roof. And, for that matter, don't mention the "rock", either. I wasn't even a proponent of fither one of those guys in the role, but mentioned that those were the names being kicked around at the time. Diesel flat out denies the possibility of himself in the role, so I think that one's pretty much been remedied, however...

grey fox
ok so who then ohhhh just had a thought if they do continue the spiderman legacy of movies they might put in seperation anxiaty with scream lashor and the others mmm i,d like to see she venom on screen ggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr hehehe

badsymbiote
Dude, that'll NEVER happen. My vote goes to the Everbeck stud at the top of the page.

grey fox
ok then calm down but i can dream cant i (chuckles)

Cinemaddiction
The choice is clear..

Michael Rappaport

http://cache.eonline.com/Gossip/Awful/Images2000/rappaport.010400.jpg

He's the exact same size, height, and weight as Eddie Brock, in addition to having red hair, blue eyes, and an accent.

Red Superfly
OK, getting some bulked up Hollywood guy like The Rock or Vin Diesel is a bad idea. And even worse idea would be to choose Brock Lesnar.

Man, I used to watch wrestling A LOT. Brock Lesnar has been acting for about 1-2 years. He was a complete newcomer and had to learn fast. He doesn't have what it takes to play Eddie Brock. FACT.

I'm with badsymbiote on this one - I want Venom to be a good actor above everything else. The fact that he is tall and muscley should come second in priority. Venom is a seriously disturbed character.

When we've had the fantastic casting of Willem Dafoe and Alfred Molina as the previous villains, do you think they'll go for the next villain based solely on looks?

I think the someone who looks a bit like the guys who played John Jameson or Flash Thompson would be ideal. That's the kind of bulked up ******* we need.

Also, he can't be a total pretty boy either. Someone who compliments Tobey Maquire easily - you know, someone who isn't amazingly handsome. In the end, Venom is a very tragic character, we need to feel quite sorry for him.

badsymbiote
Yeah, what he said. And the caliber of actors previously used illustrates a good point. They have a standard to live up to here, and as long as they take the time to find the right guys, this storyline could be a real thing of beauty. I want to feel the appropriate amount of heartache when I see Brock's story on screen, and I can wait for them to do it right.

TheFilmProphet
I think the actor who plays Eddie and Venom should be an unknown actor.

Cinemaddiction
Unknown actors in a Hollywood, blockbuster franchise won't help sell tickets, especially when cast as a main villain.

Unfortunately, 3/4 of American still don't know who Alfred Molina is. Those 3/4 should be lined up, made to watch "Raiders of the Lost Ark", then shot.

TheFilmProphet
Believe me it can work just look at the X-Men movies Hugh Jackman, James Marsden, Tyler Mane, Ray Park and Rebecca Romijn. Now SOME of them might be famous now but back them they were all unknown.

Red Superfly
They should pull a "Hugh Jackman" with Venom.

Cast an unknown actor, and make him a superstar with Venom. It'd do the movie the world of good, because everyone would see Venom whenever they saw the actor that played him.

It'd be like Hugh Jackman and Wolverine, or Arnie and Terminator.

FeceMan
badsymbiote should...I don't care if she's a she, she just has that perfect symbiote mentality (or should I say INSANITY?! Wah!).

TheFilmProphet
True just as long as that actor can avoid being typecast like they have.

Hostile
I'm not usually in for this "community" shit, but I think you've got a point here. A) It would be a goddamn honour and the buzz of a lifetime for a fan like badsymbiote to play Venom in a movie adaption, B) It'd be really cool to have She-Venom instead of the Venom that everybody is expecting. There'd be an uproar, sure, but... **** em big grin

badsymbiote
Aw.......you guys are sweet. I don't really think I'm the Hollywood type, though. They really need someone more subservient. Considerably more so.

And Fece--mentality, insanity, 6 of one, half a dozen of the other.

TheFilmProphet
Does anyone know any unknowns who could play Eddie and Venom?

stubby2903
If he wasn't already committed to the next Batman incarnation, I would say Christian Baal. He may not have the right look, but the guy can do mind games pretty well, and while I may not know everything about the Venom character, it always seemed to me to be something that has to get inside your head, even more than DeFoe did as the Goblin.

Also as for the facial features of Venom, I hope they don't do it all CG. I would like to think that they could take something like the prosthetics (spelling? who cares, I'm a tech major) in Spawn and make their movements *not* suck. I just don't know how well CG could work if you have to do it every time you have Venom be 'in costume,' especially if they get some of those badass taunting moments where Venom has Spidey locked up and is just berating him at point blank range.

p.s. don't flame me too bad, I'm new =D

TheFilmProphet
You right but there is only one person that can bring Venom to the big screen without uneccessary CGI and that person is Stan Winston. He has done Aliens, Predator, Terminator 1,2,3, Jurrasic Park 1,2,3, Big Fish, Edward Scissorhands, and tons more. Plus he is currently doing Superman.

Koto K
I could see Christian Bale doing Carnage. If anyone has ever seen the movie American Psycho, you know what I'm talkin' about.

"I just had to kill a lot of people!!" That line, and the way Bale delievers it is just...hilarious but at the same time, sickening.

Of course, I could see Jim Carrey doing the role as well. That guy can play some twisted characters. He could play Cletus Kassady like a cross between the Riddler from Batman Forever, and the guy from the Cable Guy.

Casting Eddie Brock would be much harder I think though, just because everyone has a very particular perception of that character. There are plenty of people out there with the right look, but who may not possess the right acting ability or whatever. Then there are others who don't have the look, but could probably bring the character of Eddie Brock to life. I'm of the opinion that the producers should just hire a total unknown. I doubt that'd have much impact on ticket sales, because well, just look at the X-men, or movies like the original Star Wars trilogy. Who knew who Harrison Ford was back in 77?

PS- I miss the day and age of animatronics, and actors wearing elaborate part-mechanic costumes. Now its all CG-this, and George W-that.

Cinemaddiction
Hugh Jackman is far from a star. Look at the movies he's been in since "X Men". "Kate and Leopold"? "Swordfish"? It's like X Men is is saving grace. "Van Helsing" proved he can't run outside of the pack.

Same can be said for James Marsden, with absolutely nothing aside from "X Men". Tyler Mane? Nada. Ray Park? He had "Episode 1" to thank for any subsequent success, which there wasn't any. He's done 2 notible movies, in which he had 3 speaking lines!!

Rebecca Romijn was world renowned long before "X Men", she was a very successful swimsuit model. She has had, what, less than 10 lines in the 2 movies, and followed that up with the horrific "Godsend", where she was ghastly.

Look at James Franco. His only other movie is an indie about a ballet company!

The point of all this is that they may be "famous" in some respect, for appearing in "X Men", they aren't great actors, and the movies haven't got them anymore work. Notice a pattern of all these people not heading up any movies, muchless, all of them appearing in ensamble movies, with little supporting roles.

To cast a nobody as "Venom" would be a big mistake, IMO.

TheFilmProphet
Once again you misunderstand me look at my post again notice I capatalized SOME when I said some of the actors or actress were famous now. What I meant was Rebecca was unknown as an actress before X-Men. Rebecca, Hugh, and James have all landed films after X-Men. Hugh is definitely famous now maybe not like Brad Pitt or someone like that but he is still famous. Rebecca has done other films and is now famous regardless of how unsuccessful or bad those movies are Rollerball, Godsend, Femme Fatale, and The Punisher. James recently had a role in The Notebook and will soon star in the new films Preacher, The Alibi, Heights, Gray Matters, and 10th & Wolf. Thats what I meant by some. The people who didn't move on were Ray Park and Tyler Mane.

badsymbiote
For Venom I like Everbeck, who's about as unknown as they come, and straight to boot. Another possibility is a guy named John Brusketer, though he may be a tad old now for the role. He played in the movie "Can't Buy Me Love" with a very young but adorable Seth Green and Ami Dolenz, the daughter of Mickey Dolenz, who was the drummer and singer for the Monkees, and the original voice of Scooby Doo in 1969.
For Carnage (and I ONLY mention this because you guys are still talking about casting someone for the role of Cletus Kasady), the only person I'm even interested in seeing is Jake Busey--Gary Busey's kid. That guy would fit the role like a glove.

grey fox
ok not sure who should play him i thought vin deisel but it seems that if i say thta it is gonna cause problems

badsymbiote
Well, maybe everyone's over their initial rage. I got quite the negative reaction, as I mentioned earlier.

I know that if Vin Diesel were in it, my sister would at least watch it. She's so wierd. Can you imagine anyone not liking Spider-man or any comics heroes for that matter? Bizarre. But, she IS my sis, and I love her dearly.

Hostile
A fine cinematic moment. The entire film was brilliantly crafted. Still, Bale always appears so calm. Does he have the ENERGY to be Carnage?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH. You'd look at Cleutus and see Ace Ventura. It'd be awful. sick

stubby2903
Well if there is one thing that the 2 spidey movies have proven to me, its that their casting agents are not stupid. Molina and DeFoe are both excellent choices for their respective roles, and few can argue otherwise. I have faith that, should they do Venom in a future movie, they will get it as close as they can. I like the idea as Gary Busey's kid as Carnage, tho. Busey is friggin crazy, and if the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, then it'd be a good fit.

I'd say Jim Carrey is past the point in his career where he could do a good Carnage. Maybe 10 to 15 years ago, but alas, time travel is impossible. And even then, he was a bit to goofy.

It seems that there are no actors nowadays that have the right ability. I would cry if it was Vin, since he has the acting ability of a pigme spearchucker from some jungle. He is a good action hero, and he may fit the image, but as far as the sheer talent for filling the character out, he just doesn't have it. However, I can't really think of anyone else who could fit the bill, so maybe my argument means nothing.

TheFilmProphet
Like I said before and I'll say it again they are better off picking an unknown.

Doc_Brown
It isn't so much a matter of picking an unknown as avoiding someone exceedingly well known. Look at the choices for the villains in the last two movies. Dafoe and Molina are both talented, recognizable actors, but they're not superstars. As such, they have to get by more on their acting chops, which ultimately benefits the characters they portray.

Now that I see what Everbeck looks like, I'm a little more assured that he at least looks the part. I am a little concerned about him being a bit too young for Brock, but that's a relatively minor quibble. Whether or not he can act--and perhaps more importantly, whether or not he can act like Brock/Venom--is the real question.

If I were making the decision, though, I'd recommend Nick Chinlund for the part. Good actor, looks the part, recognizable but not a headliner, great voice for the character, and fairly charismatic to boot. Compare his picture here with the one of Brock in badsymbiote's sig to see the resemblance. Any comments on the suggestion?

Doc_Brown
Whoops, forgot the picture.

Hostile
Peter Serafinowicz

http://another-world.org.uk/hos/serafinowicz.jpg
http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/images/220/lookaroundyou_1.jpg

The man behind Darth Maul (vocally). He's got a voice like gravel. Like heavy gravel. He rocks.

badsymbiote
"Ooooh. Have him sent to my chambers...UNWASHED. Thank you, that is all...

Lazlow
I know I'm prolly gonna get killed for this. Brock/Venom should be played by a B-movie actor *koff* Bruce Campbell *koff koff* Why? Because, as you plainly saw with 'Snooty Usher,' Bruce is completly capable of playing a charismatic "villain." Look at Evil Dead...there's a guy who was having a bad day, went villain for a tiny bit and then became a hero. If you express any distaste...just tell me, I welcome all opinons.

Lazlow
Oh yeah, I forgot. The only person's opinons I'll prolly take into considreation is badsymbiote's..considering she's the only one who can give me some solice in these damned threads. Happy trails comrades!!!

badsymbiote
Chinlund or Everbeck. Those guys are both actors, and they are both luscious. Mmmmm. Either one would make a fine adddition to the cast.

Spiderman_RJ

TheFilmProphet
I don't think that would a very good choice because it would be the third different character Bruce plays in three Spider-Man movies! Besides that your right he can pull of both a good guy role as well as bad one as we have seen before in Army Of Darkness where he played two characters Good Ash and Bad Ash.

What the f...?
What about Ron Perlman... He's a very underrated actor. Played in such movies as Blade 2, and the recent Blockbuster Hellboy. He's not a pretty boy, and is pretty old, which Im sure both can be fix by the make up ppl... but i think he'd a good fit for Brock/venom...Oh and he is pretty buff!

Arachnoidfreak
He probably would make a pretty good Brock/Venom actually.

TheFilmProphet
I don't think they would pick him since they probably want a young person like Tobey or something. You know what maybe if those Hollywood big shots read our oppinions they would learn a thing or two about casting actors.

Hostile
Too old IMO.

How about Brock Lesnar? He's even got half the name big grin

http://mitglied.lycos.de/saschaj1/Brock-Lesnar-Splash.gif

Oh oh wait, give it to the Rock! The Rock will tell Tobey where he can stick that webbing.

freezedoom
Yeah, he will squish him, too

Reborn Again
The X-files bounty hunter: Clive Waterhouse

http://www.dockerland.com/lookalikes/images/bounty-hunter.jpg

I think he would be a great Venom.

Into the Void
NO Neither Rock or...Brock, have ANY acting ability.

TheFilmProphet
Hes too old just like Ron.

LousyBoy
Who i think would be good is that guy from Chronicles of Riddick. The big guy in the armor and the dark hair, the villain. If he can develop a new york accent he'd be great.

Venom4444
When did Brock appear in the movie? I remember Robbie mentioned him but did we ever see him?

Koto K
Jesse James from Monster Garage as Eddie Brock...nuff said.

I kid of course.

freezedoom
I have a guy: Jay Leno.

MaxCarnage
I believe on samruby.com it says who plays Venom/Eddie Brock.
brock was originally in SPider-Man 1, but was cut.

TheFilmProphet
I think Mike O'hearn would be good for the role. He played Superman in the short film titled World's Finest. www.mikeohearn.com/

badsymbiote
Yeah, yeah, I re-posted the original pic at the top of this thread. It was from VENOMfan originally, and the actor's name is R.C. Everbeck--who performance remains uncredited in the first movie. I wish that the scene was included in dvd extras--but I never saw it.

venom_rules
look i want 2 see a good venom as much as the next guy but like sum1 said its hard 2 find the right balance so im prepared 4 dissipointment

TheFilmProphet
I don't know if we will get the best Spider-Man film with Venom because if he is in Spider-Man 4 possibly by then there will not be the same cast and director so we may not have the best Venom film.

NoFate007
Everbeck will get the role if he is uncredited as the official person who played Eddie Brock in the first one, because Sam isn't the type that will re-cast if he found the guy he wants, and this is the guy he wants or else we wouldn't be able to find out that Everbeck was Brock. Therefore, Everbeck, who looks perfect for the role, will most likely just work out a lot and then get the role and play him. I think it'd be perfect for the next one, now that they have lots of extra time to fill in place of the Mary Jane subplot, they could spend that on Eddie Brock and the suit.

TheFilmProphet
It will be great to see him introduce Eddie and the Symbiote in the next one.

TheVenomSymbiot
Yes... Eddie AND the symboite. NOT Venom. Maybe have it end with something like ASM 299, or TAS 109, but not Venom. I think a good guy for the part would have to be ....what was his name... the Punisher in 03..... arrgh! I can't remember! Anyway, if he dyed his hair and bulked up a little more... but, being a heterosexual male, I can't comment on the... umm... "lusciousness" of the choice.

badsymbiote
The guy's name was Thomas Jane--he also played Mickey Mantle in the Billy Crystal-directed baseball movie "61*" about the Yankees' Mantle and Roger Maris competition to break Babe Ruth's single-season home run record.
I think the introduction of Brock and the symbiote is possible as well, but I am happy to wait for another several years to see it done right. And, I don't think that Jane is foxy enough to play the role of Brock, but I think he definately could portray that endearing and lovable "Eddie attitude" well enough, I'm bettin'.

TheFilmProphet
I don't think it would be a good choice for Thomas Jane to play Eddie Brock because we all already know him as The Punisher and it would be uneccessary for him to play two different characters in two Marvel films.

Heathsaid
There is NOONE out in the movies who could play Venom to his full glory....

Anyone who says Ven Deseal or The Rock needs stabbed in the eyes....

(By the way... I cant spell)

TheFilmProphet
I'm pretty sure Sam Raimi will not pick The Rock or Vin Diesil to play Eddie Brock. big grin

badsymbiote
Well, I know this isn't going to be popular with anybody, but the truth is that either one of those guys would generate a ton of interest among the female fan--especially the very casual fan--the type whom has never picked up a comic of their own free-will. Sad, but true...

Heathsaid
I just hope when they cast eddy brock they dont give him a mullet.... maybe a nice shoulder length under cut

-combs his shoudler length undercut hair-

sorry, wishful thinking....

anyways, but who ever would play Venom would likley have to have the apperance of a boulder or something close to Ven-idoit

badsymbiote
Yes, a mullet-less Brock is mandatory. I'd prefer the hair to be very short, but am not totally averse to this look...(from "The Mace"wink

Ooh, sexy...

fever red
Ugggh God.
That's horrible. I'll have nightmares...
All men should have curly red hair.

fever red
The long hair was the insidious effect of California culture, and an unfortunate departure for Eddie.
The crew cut is the perfect complement to his obsessive mindset when he is at his best, top of his game. A very militant look.
In the movie, he may have a relaxed "business cut" as a reporter. Following symbiosis, I envision a scene where Brock is shown with a new buzz-cut during a punishing workout, to signify his newly obsessive mindset.

badsymbiote
Ah, we'll have to agree to disagree here, lady. Curly red hair is for sissies, sociopaths, and ugly stepchildren.

(Add Rodney Dangerfield from "Caddyshack" joke)
Oh, it looks good on YOU, though. roll eyes (sarcastic)

But you're right, though. I do prefer Brock to sport shorn locks. And, even if you don't like the hair in "The Mace", you gotta admit that the art is good. I love how yummy he looks, even with the Fabio tresses.

fever red
Sissies, sociopaths, and ugly stepchildren are some of my favorite kinds of people- in the comics, that is. Cletus covers 2 out of 3- not bad, not bad.
And thank-you, (step)mom, I DO think my hair looks good on me!

TheVenomSymbiot
Huh, I never knew he was a stepchild... anyway, START Brock with the crew cut, then maybe have later appearances evolve into his current hairstyle choice.

badsymbiote
I was a red-head for ten years by choice--I was talking about the men. Of course, exceptions to the rule are the rule--Seth Green's a red-head--I think he's the cat's meow. I guess I just haven't met too many good-lookin red-headed men, you know? There is this one I know, though--late 40's, sweet-natured, humorous, and a stone-cold fox.

And even if you are a red-headed step-child to me, I promise to protect you like you were one of my own brood...

TheFilmProphet
He should be blonde instead of a redhead. But I think Eddie's hair is something they can worry about after they have their actor for the role.

fever red
Oh, Cletus isn't a stepchild- but he's a sissy and a sociopath! Disagree with me if you will, but I know my wittle Cletus-ums.
He's more of a sissy psychologically than physically- he never developed the emotional strength to admit to any weaknessses or failures. Probably because he never had the humility to even consider himself as a source of any of his own difficulties...
So he's a self-satisfied sissy sociopath.

fever red
Oh, and Filmprof, that was a humorous statement, that all men should have curly red hair. Only the men I date, really. I keep to my own kind!

TheFilmProphet
hmmm (thinking) I never said 'all men should have curly hair' in any of my posts here.

fever red
No, no, I did- then Bad S ran with it, kept the joke going, and you popped into the middle and thought we were suggesting red hair for Eddie- but it was a reference to my Cletus enthusiam.

fever red
Come to think of it, though, Brock would be a hot red-head, even more so than Seth Green.

badsymbiote
OK, then--but I like him the way he is--and technically, it's strawberry blond. Close enough for you, I hope.
And blond isn't my first choice, either--I think I really prefer my guys with darker hair...

And, Prophet--we know this is supposed to be about Eddie & the movie that may never be, but we're digressing for a minute to discuss the very important topic of hair. Pardon us.

Now, back to the hair.
Only kidding. (Unless you want to still talk about it, Red.--In that case, Prophet, you must suffer along with the others.)

fever red
Sure, I'll bite.
What's better- hairy or smooth-chested men? Brock's a builder, so he probably shaves. And I don't think Kasady's ever had to shave... wink I like a little, not a lot.

TheFilmProphet
badsymbiote I'll stay out for this part since its more of a topic for women that your talking about.

badsymbiote
Yes, it sure is, Prophet, and I'm glad that you respect that we're only women with normal biological needs, and that occasionally, that means ogling and thinking about attractive men, and the physical properties of same.

Thank you for not forcing us to unleash our feminine wiles to subdue you.

Red--it depends on the guy, I guess. Some would look odd shaven, yet some can pull off the look. The hottest thing, I suppose, is the man wise and confident enough to know which looks best on him.

TheVenomSymbiot
Umm... this is gonna sound odd, me saying this, but I think he should be smooth. And you were saying you prefer guys with darker hair? FYI, I prefer BEING a guy with darker hair.

badsymbiote
See? That kind of confidence is fairly spell-binding, at least to me. And the dark thing is good news for the 2/3 of men on the planet with dark hair. Can't leave out the men of color, you know. I like a variety.

Red, where are you? I need you to help straighten me out. I'm in kind of a naughty mood, and I'm also finding that I'm demonstrating a fairly caustic tongue tonight as well. Bordering on bitchy, I'd say. Must be the heat.

fever red
Me? Have a CALMING effect? How did we get here...the last thing I remember was that tornado...and now...we're not in Kansas, anymore, Mom. Let's go eat some munchkins.
The chocolate kind- at Dunkin Donuts. MMMmm... (have to do something about this copious salivation. You know those lobster bibs? I need one emblazoned with a Hershey's kiss- or, you guessed it, brains.)

badsymbiote
It's a date. We'll have the little donut boys feed us munchkins while some others paint our toenails.
"More chocolate, now!! Hurry, or I'll rip off your heads and suck out your spinal cords!"

(Ooh--there's that toxic tongue I mentioned before)

Mane
ooo vicious...

badsymbiote
"WE'RE WHATEVER WE WANT, WHENEVER WE WANT, FOR AS LONG AS WE WANT."
Believe that.

fever red
Chocolate and pedicures? The only thing better would be Raimi calling us in as special consultants to the Brock casting...

badsymbiote
Oh, Lord, isn't that the truth?

Ok, gentlemen, please remove your shirts, so we can see just whom among you has the perfect Eddie physique...

Heathsaid
Hopfully thell find some no-namer like Toby or the dude in punisher to play Venom and then kick much butt doing such

TheFilmProphet
I think Tobey was known before Spider-Man. wink Just not well known or widely known like he is now.

fever red
Yes, I enjoyed him in Seabiscuit. Excellent portrayal of an interesting life- and he had RED HAIR in this movie.
I watched it again on HBO recently, and Ronnie, who had never seen it, said "Isn't that Spiderman on that horse?"

badsymbiote
I think they were both fairly well-known before those movies, too--Thomas Jane for "61*" as I mentioned above...I was very familiar with him from that. Tobey I remember from "The Cider House Rules" and as the voice actor of the dag in that Jeff Goldblum movie "Cats and Dogs" which I never watched more than a part of.

And Red, how did I know you were going to say that?!?

fever red
Its possible I'm the teensiest bit simplistic and banal in my psychological make-up...possible I'm the teensiest bit of a narcissistic thrill-seeker...possible that I'm the teensiest bit predictable!

badsymbiote
I wouldn't call you predictable, narcissicistic, or simplistic. i just think that you and I share something the boys on here never could: an accordant attraction to men fused with symbiote entities...

TheFilmProphet
I knew Thomas before from Deep Blue Sea.

badsymbiote
He was pretty obscure--I don't even know what "Deep Blue Sea" is. Refresh my memory. Tell me the year, or who else was in it--that should jog my memory.

TheFilmProphet
RELEASE DATE: 1999

Plot Outline: Searching for a cure to Alzheimer's disease a group of scientists on an isolated research facility become the bait as a trio of intelligent sharks fight back.

Cast overview,
Thomas Jane .... Carter Blake
Saffron Burrows .... Dr. Susan McCallister
LL Cool J .... Sherman 'Preacher' Dudley
Michael Rapaport .... Tom Scoggins
Samuel L. Jackson .... Russell Franklin

badsymbiote
Oh, right. Ok. Geez, I would say you shouldn't have gone to any trouble for me, but you probably just took that off the top of your head, huh?
Samuel L. Jackson--God that guy is in friggen EVERYTHING--yet we can't get enough of him. Incredibly versatile.

TheFilmProphet
Rumors are that Samuel Jackson will play Nick Fury.

badsymbiote
Shut up...no friggen way. See what I mean?

TheFilmProphet
Not really wink please explain

badsymbiote
I mean that guy's in EVERYTHING...and now you say he's playing Fury. I say that's cool as Hell. Good enough?

TheFilmProphet
Yeah good enough. Just as long as he does a better job than David Hasselhoff did. Who else do you think can play a good Venom?

Bluwe
I think that someone that can act crazy or insane or even mentally ill should work-out and become him. Like they did for green goblin, they need Jim Carrey or Kevin Bacon to play Venom. And the one who doesnt should get the role of Cletus Kassidy. Don't criticise about Jim Carrey, he doesn't HAVE to act funny. I've seen him serious in a few movies, and from watching Cable Guy, he'd be perfect for the insane part.

TheFilmProphet
I think the actors you mentioned are better suited to play Cletus instead of Venom especially Jim Carrey because he even looks and acts like Cletus.

Bluwe
DUDE is this venom pic awsome or what? Happy Dance

TheFilmProphet
That looks great evil face What do you think about this suggestion ?

quote:Originally posted by Darth Jello
Hayden Christensen as Venom.

badsymbiote
You mean aside from Everbeck, and that fox that played Piotr/Colossus on "X2"? Nobody. I can't think of anyone better than either one of those sexy muthas.
What's the guy's name anyway?

badsymbiote
I think he'd be fine--IF he were maybe 8 years older and added 60 pounds of rock-solid bod to his frame. Good actor, but too small and too young for the role. Brock is supposed to be older, you know, and Hayden and Tobey look about the same age, in fact, Hayden maybe looks a little younger (to me, at least. But I respect the hell outta Jello, anyway, so I don't want to knock his suggestion.)

TheFilmProphet
Yeah I don't think he is right either I just wanted to see what you guys thought about it.

badsymbiote
Well, I may not always be right, but I am always honest.

TheFilmProphet
Thats always good. big grin

tomhopeparry
ok, to play brock..how about Ray Stevenson?

kind of an unknown but you may know him from 'king arthur', he played Dagonet. i cant put links up due to this forum having too many strict rules but if you go to the king arthur movie website theres pics there.
i think he could play the role well and he has a look that would suit also.
funny enough hes another brit... like molina.

TheFilmProphet
Funny you mention that becuase I have wondered if Alfred Molina is mixed because Molina is not your average British last name?

tomhopeparry
Alfred Molina was born in London, England. but his father is Spanish and his mother, Italian, so that kinda explains it.

TheFilmProphet
Thanks for the info smile

TheFilmProphet
http://www.terravista.pt/bilene/5454/Venom15.jpg

badsymbiote
Lovely. Nice one, Prophet. wink

Poor little Annie...

TheFilmProphet
Thanks big grin Heres another http://www.samruby.com/Villains/Venom/VenomBend.gifhttp://members.optushome.com.au/emilyk/avatars/ultimateSM/eddie-venom000.jpg

badsymbiote
Yummy. You know, whenever some asks me why I love Venom so much, I just want to tell them to read some of his comics, and just friggen look at the pictures. That should be all the explanation they require. I love the little pic--the depictions of Eddie in USM are so gorgeous.

Into the Void
True dat. Mark Bagley has "The Touch".

(whatever that means)

Mane
yes what Venom lacks in "looks" i guess you could say, he makes up in style!

badsymbiote
Venom's hot as Hell. I was always was attracted to the suit, too. The first time I ever really saw symbiote Spidey in action was in the original Marvel's Transformers #3--which was supposed to be just a 4 issue limited series, but ended up going 80.
I loved the way Spidey looked in the suit, but on Eddie, it's even sexier. So, it's safe to say that I've been a symbiote fan for 20 years. Yikes.

Kontraz
isnt that pic upside down???

and wait.... spider-man was in transformers?!?!?!?!?

TheFilmProphet
Its true.

Kontraz
which issue???? I HAVE to see this!!!!!! Anybody have a pic??? I find this kind of hard to believe, because as far as i have EVER seen/read/heard of, the ONLY crossover that involved the transformers was G.I. Joe...

TheFilmProphet
http://www.splashcomics.de/images/specials/40jahre_spider-man/transformers_vol1_001.jpg

Kontraz
i take it that was the U.K run.... cuz i have the first 5 of the american.... lol

TheFilmProphet
Its American.

TheFilmProphet
Here is a bigger picture http://rodimusconvoy.com/tf/pics/comics/TransformersMeetSpiderman.JPG

badsymbiote
Kontraz, that book is older than you. I can scan it--and send it to you if you want.
I have a really boss Transformers and GI Joe collection--they were the first titles I actively collected, in fact.

TheFilmProphet
They are all classics to me. cool

badsymbiote
Me, too. And I plan to keep them forever.

The only way I will part with them is to have someone pry them from the kung-fu grip of my cold, dead hands.

TheFilmProphet
laughing out loud laughing out loud

Do you think the Transformers film being made will be any good?

Asian Hulk
What about Sly Stallone?he can portraying his role as Brock/Venom in the third Amazing Spiderman movie.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>