Favorite DARK superheroes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
Pick your favorite and tell why!

Red Superfly
Well, Batman is my 2nd favourite superhero of all time, ever!

My fave superhero is Spidey, but Batman is still awesome. Both Spider-Man and Batman are leagues ahead of anyone else in my estimation.

Why Batman? He has no powers, yet he kicks arse. You see Batman doing something, and you go "wow". You see someone like Superman doing the same thing and it's like "meh, big deal, I knew he'd win".

Batman is just plain awesome. There are characters that try to match his coolness. Spawn, Hellboy and Crow all seem to be dark for the sake of being dark - as though it's almost kissing ass ("look at me, I'm dark and gothic - love me!"wink. But Batman is cool, dark, and still has it's place. It's cool because it never really tried too hard to be cool like the others.

The villains too, are awesome. What other comic book series has such memorable villains next to the likes of Spider-Man? None, that's what.

The Joker is quite possibly the greatest villain of all time (he's like Batman - he has no superpowers but he gets RESPECT!), plus there's villains I absolutely love like Scarecrow, Riddler, and Two Face, along with anti-hero Catwoman.

Not only are the villains cool, but Batman has also turned his "ambigously gay" relationship with Robin into one of the comics finest aspects - IT SPAWNED NIGHTWING! Not only did Robin become cool, but Nightwing has also become an equal to Batman in his own right.

Punisher is cool and all, but his story is a selfish one, and he isn't really helping anyone but himself, wheras Batman is. Still kicks ass.

Spawn is just trying too hard to be cool with the amazing superpowers and uber-moodiness, but ultimately comes off as boring. Bit of a poser.

Blade's cool too.

Beyonder
Where's Ghost Rider?

Mane
BATMAN!

SnakeEyes
i knew i forgot somebody.......

Red Superfly
Aw well, even if Ghost Rider was there, I'd still vote for Batman.

Ghost Rider is awesome though - I really like that character.

I bet there are many who would have liked to have voted for Ghost Rider tho.

who?-kid
Since when is Batman considered a dark hero ? Most of the guys of the list don't care about killing a few dozen people, but Batman theoretically never kills anybody.

Just because he's in a bad mood, isn't that talkative, is a bit paranoid and wears a black suit doesn't make him a "Dark Hero".

And yeah, I know he's also called "The Dark Knight", but still, I don't consider him as a dark hero. And isn't the concept of a "dark hero" not an oxymoron ?

Arachnoidfreak
Bahumbug.

Darkness is number 1. Spawn is 2, Batman is 3. Ghost Rider is in there somewhere...

Darkness is highest because A. He can control the friggin shadows! and 2. He doesn't even need his powers. He was a successful hitman before he had the Darkness powers.

Spawn, another hitman, was super skilled without the powers. The powers just make him cooler. and his costume rocks ass.

Batman is WAY overrated. I used to love reading Batman so much, and then I got a glimpse of what other people where saying that were just ridiculous, a certain fangirl comes to mind....anyway, basically the fans turned me off to Batman, and I realized that he DOES do great things and hes only human, but there are quite a few others like that.

Ghost Rider, I dont think this guy needs an explination. He defeated Blackheart, rides a badass motorcycle, and has a flaming skull for a head!

ragesRemorse
IN ORDER

Preacher

Priest

The MASK

LOBO

MADMAN

Spawn

Darkness

batman

PITT

If you need to question why any of these names are bad ass, then you should commense kicking yourself in the ass and dont stop until you taste your foot

Gregory
Lobo isn't dark at all; he's a comic character, even if the comedy is extremely bloody. I thought Mask was comic, too, although I've never read his comics.

And who?-kid, Batman has always been a dark hero. The darkness is his greatest weapon, for god's sake; he uses it more effectively than almost anybody else. That, and fear. The fact that his greatest weapons are darkness and superstitious terror makes him dark, whether he kills or not.

You know who else is a dark character? John Constantine. I'm not sure if you'd call him a superhero, though.

ragesRemorse
you have never read a lobo or MASK comic have you? LOBO went to heaven and killed heaps and heaps of baby cupids on valentines day, now if thats not dark...then please tell me what is? LOBO is not a hero, he does what he wants when he wants to, he has even slept with the devil,and killed his own daughter its not known if he is a bounty hunter, or a mercenary, he'll do anyhting if the price is right.. the mask is a vigalante who kills first and asks questions later, well actually he will torture his victims in a humorous manner then kill them, then binge drink then ask questions you still going to question these characters in having a dark psychie ?

norrin radd
Eric Draven - The Crow

IRTMU-Dragon
You didnt put Venom! What!
Definatley blade.

Gregory
He also slaughtered his whole race, murdered Santa, and killed his illigitamate daughter. None of which changed the fact that Lobo is a comic character. Darkness really isn't about what characters do--it's about the tone. Realistically speaking, Bugs Bunny is a psychopath who has burried people alive and stranded starving people on a deserted island for no reason save his personal ammusement. Is Bugs Bunny also a "dark character?" I should say not. It's not what they do, it's how what they do is portrayed--and Lobo is portrayed as comic.

Arachnoidfreak
Lobo is not dark, he's comedic. Same goes for the Mask. Preacher isnt that dark of a comic either. I have a few issues, it's just kinda bloody.

moshtitan
Pitt, ghost rider, darkness, Spawn not in any order.

IRTMU-Dragon
The mask is a VERY VERY DARK HERO! but unfortuneatley hes dark horse... Lets just say the Mask can heal back from his head... and much quicker than lobo can, they versed each other in a series of two comics and lobo took the mask for a while and messed around, he didnt like it because he couldnt control himself like the expert and finder of the mask, Stanley ipkiss, and eventually, the mask owned Lobo.
Lobo "Damn! gimmie a minute to heal back here, im a head on the ground, ill be back to normal in about... 6 hours"
Mask "So am I, pal! But it doesnt take me quiet as long!"
Mask pulls out mallet, yells FORE, hits Lobo's head into some building.
But yea, Thoeretically speaking the MASK's Mask was made by Loki god of mischief, so, Hes really a magical villain/Anti-hero. He saves people when he wants, and kills much more, so he shouldnt be on this list.
Same with lobo.

ragesRemorse
what the hell are you talking about, there actions dont matter? content most defaintly decides the outcome of a character's place in a genre. You are not going to find LOBO and MASK comics with the archie comics and other non threatning comedic comics. No you are going to find them in the mature section with all the darker tales. LOBO and MASK are executed in an offensive manner with loads of controversy. Just like the crumb comics. Crumb is the king of dark comics, this guy wrote some of the most sick and twisted shit to date, just because it is portrayed as humorous doesnt mean it isnt dark, it is called dark comedy. I think you need to broaden your horizons of "technicalities"

IRTMU-Dragon
Oh yea? Gohst rider VS spawn...well...

ragesRemorse
the matieral in preacher is defaintly dark. Darkhorse has some of the best in dark comics

Joker1237
Your also forgetting the Shadow, What evil lurks in the hearts of men, Only the Shadow knows.

IRTMU-Dragon
Dude... the MASK was always meant to be protrayed as a Dark Character because of the mystical properties of his mask... Lobo was always dark also, it doesnt mean just because there dark comedy thats the reason there dark... Thats there character!

RaventheOnly
Batman and Spawn .... yet all of them and a few more are dark

Gregory
Is Bugs Bunny also a "dark character?" I suppose he must be, if we are to ignore tone and focus soley on what character do. You say I need to broaden my horizens, but any horizen that makes Bugs Bunny into a dark character is too broad for my taste.

You'll find "Fables" in the Mature section too (it's a Vertigo title)--it isn't dark, either, at least not what I've read of it. Neither are Battle Axe (Vertigo miniseries) or a lot of the other titles. Offensive and contraversal and violent are not the same as dark.

Arachnoidfreak
Just because a title is labeled "mature" doesnt make it dark. Lobo isn't dark, Lobo is a funny bastich, his tone is HUMOROUS, NOT dark and depressing. Ofensive does not mean dark.

Hey, that kid from Home Alone did some mean and unusual shit to those burglars, is he dark too?

FeceMan
I've been thinking about "DARK" super heroes for a bit now, and I have a question. The "Dark" hero who uses his powers for good seems to be more common now, but what about a "Light" villain who uses his powers for evil?

Just thinking aloud here...

Arachnoidfreak
Like the Living Laser, or Dr. Light?

FeceMan
I meant powers derived from DARKNESS and LIGHT...like the...shit, what's the word I'm thinking of?...allegory? between the two.

Victor Von Doom
Hulk, then Batman.

FeceMan
What the hell, the Hulk isn't a "dark" superhero.

Victor Von Doom
He is in my eyes.

Is that OK?

FeceMan
No.

Alpha Centauri
He is a very dark character.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Good job your opinion is of no consequence then.

Alpha Centauri
Round....1....FIGHT!

*Hums Ryu Stage theme from Street Fighter*

-AC

punkyhermy
batman.
why?
well he is VENGEANCE, he is the NIGHT, he is BATMAN!

IRTMU-Dragon
Nice kiddie saying there. We all know you enjoy the fake, hardly comic book true Justice league.

Joker1237
I like Batman TAS, it was the best, and yes I loved Justice League, Its a weakness of seeing these superheros team up lol

Gregory
I like the Justice League cartoon, too. And the JLA comic book series. What's your point?

And "fake" compared to what? I don't know how to tell you this, but the comics are made up, too.

Joker1237
Yes it hurts to know the comics are made up too.

punkyhermy
"I...AM....POWER!"-The Silver Surfer.
MMMHHAHWHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
And u are implying that my batman quote is lame?!
i have never heard anything...lamer than that quote...
but the 'vengeance' quote is beautiful because it summs up simply what batman is!too bad i can't say that for that quote even if it may literally be true but it comes off as 'fake' miffed

Gregory
IRTMU-Dragon is implying your quote is lame, but he's not the one who has that in his sig.

Joker1237
I am the Power, Well, That was cool when I was was watching He-Man in the 80;s. (Yes He-man said that alot)

Gregory
I thought He-Man had the power?

Joker1237
Had??? He-Man is still cool, dont like the new shows, but if they bring back the old shows, I watch them. He-Man still HAS the power.

Arachnoidfreak
He-Man "I have the POOOWWEERR" Keyword: HAVE. Notice it says nothing about actually being power.

wuTa
its a toss up between batman or blade...daredevil is pretty dark he should get some recongition

SnakeEyes
yeah well, i thought about it, but i also though ppl would say he is not dark enough, so i did not want to risk arguement

Joker1237
Still think you should have added the Shadow, he is more dark than Batman.

who?-kid
I think we have to define the words "Dark Hero". In my book, that is somebody who doesn't mind killing other people when trying to do good.

They will try to save innocents, but when they get angry or frustrated, operation bodycount begins, because they have a very simplistic view on concepts such as innocence and guilt.

The best Dark Heroes are, according to me : Venom, Ghostrider, Punisher and the Crow. Batman is not a dark hero. A great one, yes, but compared to some others, not a dark one. Batman doesn't kill, dark heroes do.

Joker1237
Not all Dark heros killed, To me a dark hero is the mood of the comic, I almost temtped in putting Dick Tracy as a dark hero, because one he kills, and 2 the mood of the comic, 1930's the great depression, mobs, gangs, the era of Bonnie and Clyde, Babe Face Nelson, Pretty Boy flody, John Dillarder, and many more gangsters of the 30's. It was a very dark and moody era, and Dick Tracy caught it perfect.

So does Batman since in a way is 1930's dark mood.
Shadow as the 1920's jazz. But it too has the same dark mood of the villians, Shadow kills too.

How I ranked the DARK heros are

Shadow, I like the line "Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men only the shadow knows"

Batman, He is dark.

Punisher,

Crow,
Blade
Hunter D and other vampire like killers
a few other, but Shadow is tops imo.

who?-kid
Don't want to be a know-it-all-the-best, but don't you mean John Dillinger ?

Joker1237
Ok I cant spell Dillinger, I was guessing. I got the others right, give me that lol.

SnakeEyes
Batman is dark. and yes i forgot a couple, but still.... just pick out of the selected choices.

punkyhermy
What the hell?!
I'm sorry but since when is it an established rule that heroes who kill are 'dark'?!
I consider heroes who kill worse than those they wage war against. If punisher sees a bulglar he would shoot him down with a gun. That's it.That's the way he will put a stop to it.What he doesn't realize is that killing is not the only way.Now what if that bulglar was some mentally challenged kid who just needs to be brought back to his senses.Batman REALLY saves people, saves them from themselves that is.
Now some people DESERVE killing, Joker a prime example.But he's the only exception.

Joker1237
The Joker does not deserve to die, Death is is not Justice, not even for the Joker.

punkyhermy
You know that part in HUSH where Batman almost killed Joker, he realized that no matter what batman did to him, he will NEVER be able to joker as much as he hurt others. That made me realize that Joker is a complete hopless case. Death or not it wouldn't really hurt him?

Joker1237
In that case Twoface, Scarecrow, Posion Ivy and many others are hopeless cases, Maybe he should kill off all the rogues gallrey that cause him trouble, Joker is not the only hopeless case out of the villians.

Red Superfly
Two-Face isn't a lost cause at all. Harvey Dent is back.

Joker1237
He was back and forth, First he was Dent turn into Twoface,

After a while, Twoface got fixed and became a good guy again. Than he got scared again and became Twoface again. Twoface will return trust me. He is a hopless case.

wuTa
just the fact that harvey dent comes back shows that he isnt hopeless...that shows there still good in him but there is absoultly no good in joker like u said

Joker1237
Good yes, There is good in Dent, Maybe Joker had some good in him before he became the Joker, But there is no turning back for the Joker, He will be evil until he dies( Which in comics will never happen)

Two face in Batman's history has been going back and forth, After a few months of the GOOD Dent, Twoface will return. He always has return.

He change in 1952 and became Dent, Than somewere I think 1953 he was Twoface again. In Two Face's history he always was bound to go back to Harvy Dent, Than Two Face takes over after a while and he has control. I give Dent 9 months tops before being return back to Twoface.

Darth Jello
where the hell is the originator of dark comics, daredevil?

Black Spiderman
my fav is spawn and my least fav is batman cause i hate him

punkyhermy
why?

SnakeEyes
some people do not like Batman, GET OVER IT

papablkbear
Shouldn't we include venom. Isn't he the lethal protector

wolverine 101
Ghost rider and spawn

Magee
Well after seing the Hellboy movie, im going with him. He totaly kicks some major monster ass!! But tbh he wasnt realy dark in the movie, never actualy read any hellboy comics but.... he had cats!! Still cool though.

SnakeEyes
Yeah Hellboy is awesome, he could wipe the floor with everyone else on my poll list if he was in his true demon form, like at the end of the film.

§nakehead
hellboy aint dark hes very funny and light hearted.

my favs

1# punisher
2# hellboy
2# gost rider

§nakehead
daredevil aint that dark that was just the movie

Joker1237
I upset there is no Shadow, He was the FIRST DARK HERO. Yes he killed them too.

x-Lilith-x
From that list I picked spawn, although my choice is shared quite equally between him and batman, so good to see they got the same amount of voting response. (at the time of this post at least)

Darth Jello
wow, you haven't read the miller run or born again or the marvel knights stuff, or anne nocenti's run, have you? The miller run started a huge trend with comics trying to be like daredevil and be very dark and pessimistic. believe it or not, when this became a cliche, two guys decided to parody The miller daredevils and hence the ninja turtles were born.

who?-kid
Daredevil isn't that dark, just a bit moody and pessimistic from time to time. So is everybody occasionally, but does that make you dark ? I don't think so.

People confuse being in a bad mood, having some inner demons and at the same time beating some criminals up, with being "DARK". Daredevil isn't dark and Batman isn't. Not one bit. A truly dark person/hero doesn't mind that much killing (innocent) people who happen to be in the way, or doesn't mind blowing the head of from a super villain.

The best Dark Heroes are, in my opinion, Ghostrider (there's a dark one), Venom and Punisher. And Aunt May.

Joker1237
Shadow, he was the first and one of the best. He killed the villians in comics and his radio show.

Gregory
No, that's a truely violent person. "Dark" is something else.

Your definition would mean, among other things, that Morpheus (Sandman) shouldn't be considered "dark" because he was forbidden to take human life.

wuTa
"dark" is based off the charactors personalty and setting....batman and daredevil are both dark because they do what they do pretty much out vegance which is a sin well its kind of a vegance..... there settings are both dark with daredevil bein in hells kitchen and batman in the slums of gotham plus they both have the "dark" personalties where if your not gonna give them the information they need there there gonna beat the shit out of you to get it there are other dark qualities about them but i dont feel like naming them all

Darth Jello
DD 181 really had the dark shift in characters, specifically when DD drops bullseye.

who?-kid
Ok, no problem, but please enlighten me : what is a dark hero ?

Gregory
Taking a cue from the US Supreme Court: I know a dark hero when I see one, clear definition or not. Seriously, a hero is dark based largely on the tone of the comic; I don't know how to put that into words.

Bear in mind that comics are actually unusual in that the majority of heroes refuse to kill. If just being willing to blow the head off a villian is enough, than, for example, bloody near every pulp fantasy character I'm familiar with is a "dark hero." James Bond must be one of the darkest heroes ever. But clearly, this is not the case. Because outside of comic books, being willing to kill is the norm, not the exception.

Into the Void
No, that IS exactly what it is. You are correct. If someone doesn't understand what "tone" means, it's their fault. You explained it perfectly.

Joker1237
Bond is a dark hero if killing makes you dark.

Mane
i believe its "I am the knight"

Shut up.

PHANTASM
yeah I know...I wasn't quoting him!!!!!

and no I'm afraid i won't 'shut up"!

SnakeEyes
Phantasm, all you do is start trouble on these forums because all you care about is Batman. Maybe if you weren't so close-minded, more people would treat you better.

Into the Void
Unfortunately...

SnakeEyes
laughing out loud

very true

PHANTASM
How do I start trouble?
Do I call em names? NO!
Do I insult their intelligence? NO!
Am I rude without provokation? NO!

It's some people on these boards who cannot value other's opinions.So I just retort!That's all I'm guilty for! smile

SnakeEyes
People recognize your ignorance and comment on it, and then you "retort" and that starts trouble. On another thread you basically just insulted all of the characters that others liked, and you always defend Batman no matter what, even if you know you are wrong you will continue to do so. I cannot blame others for starting something with you when you act dumb, but when you are that way, do no bother to argue back, because you are most likely going to be wrong

who?-kid
Hm, I understand what you're saying, and you do have a point, but it's not as simple as that.

Ever read the comic series in which Spider-Man gets buried alive by Kraven ? A great story, but very, very dark. So, by your definition, Spider-Man was back then a dark hero because the tone of the comic was very dark.

Spider-Man never has been a dark hero (thank God).

But thanks for the effort !!

PHANTASM
What the hell?
I have adimitted several times and NEVER denied the fact that I am NOT into comics.except Batman. It's a whole thing all together when they start insulting my knowledge on comicbook characters!

It seems that again the problem here is me raising my OPINIONS!Note they are not FACTS! I could be wrong if they percieve so. I akcnowledge that.They just don't.

SnakeEyes
confused

oh sorry, are you still here?

as for everyone else lets just go back to the topic Happy Dance

Into the Void
The tone of ONE comic does not define the character. Shit, the tone of 5 comics doesnt define a character. The current Marvel Knights Spiderman, where Aunt May was kidnapped, was VERY dark, but doesn't make Spiderman a typically dark character. The general tone of an entire series should be dark to consider the character dark, i.e. Batman, Spawn, all of Dark Horse Comics(it's a horror company), etc.

You make things way too complicated.

Joker1237
Do you guys think Zorro is dark, He is amost the Batman of TV(Not Adam west Batman) just wondering. the old black and white TV show.

Punkyhermy
Zorro inspired Bob Kane to think of Batman...

Gregory
...which is why when Batman's parents were shot, they were walking home from watching The Mask of Zorro.

Punkyhermy
Yeah..It's like after watching Zorro was the birth of Batman...interesting...

who?-kid
Zorro is not dark. He's kind of cool, but not dark. Batman owes him a lot.

SnakeEyes
yes he does. Zorro is like a Spanish Robin Hood in my opinion.

Hellboy is a lot cooler than the ppl here think, same with some of the other lesser known heroes.

Asian Hulk
You just ****in insulting me,Mr.SnakeEyes!!!!!

Asian Hulk
Next time stop ****in insulting me!!!!You understand Mr,SnakeEyes?

Asian Hulk
I don't want to insulting me!!!!Mr.SnakeEyes!!!!!get out of my post!!!!!

Asian Hulk
If you want to insulting me!!!get out of my post!!!!

Asian Hulk
I don't want ot ****in insulting me,Mr SnakeEyes!!!!
Do you understand?

Mr Zero
NOPE. Didnt "drop" him, Let him go to avoid being stabbed - world of difference...

Asian Hulk

SnakeEyes
what the **** is your problem. i did not talk to u at all here. and how are those quotes insults?

Paola
Asian Hulk: stay on topic

Asian Hulk
get the hell out of my post and don't insult any others!!!!Mr.SnakeEyes!!!!!

SnakeEyes
that was a quote from me to Punkyhermy, not to you, i fail to see where this is going. And i am not "in your post"
please go back to topic

Punkyhermy
What is wrong Asian Hulk?
I don't understsnd what u are on about!

SnakeEyes
Asian Hulk is going insane for absolutely no reason, that is whats wrong. He has mental issues from what i have read and should be banned.

Paola
Snake...... please, don't be offensive

Darth Jello
he dropped him:
Bullseye "I'll Kill You!!!! I'll Kill YOU!!!!!!
DD:You'll kill no one....EVER AGAIN!!!

that scene was the ultimate transformation that began with amazing spider-man 181 (death of gwen stacey). in fact, there seems to be a curse with the number 181.

SnakeEyes
Sorry

just stating simple observations

Shadow_King
batman cuz i really only know him more than the other characters.

DaNightmare
Spawn evil face because personally to me hes the coolest cool the biggest and the strongest.

Lenord
isn't Parallax a dark hero

SnakeEyes
well i forgot some, so just vote out of the selection and tell why u picked that character.

FrothByte
i think im the only one on this thread who's gonna agree with who kid. the concept of a "dark hero" is an oxymoron, something like "deafening silence" or "good evil". a dark hero is someone who isn't afraid to kill or torture someone in order to save or avenge somebody else. the darkest would probably be the crow... but my favorite would have to be ghost rider followed closely by spawn. i know a lot of you are gonna pounce on me for saying this, but batman doesn't qualify as a dark hero in the truest sense of the title. he isn't ruthless enough to fit the title...

Lenord
Spawn... Anyone who would threaten/insult both Heaven and Hell has my vote....

P.S There was a time when Batman used to be considered a dark hero but now where you can't really be considered a dark hero unless you kill or torture a couple of guys he is just not in the running anymore.

who?-kid
Finally somebody who sees things as they are. Batman is NOT a dark hero. A great hero, yes. He works at night, yes. He's lots of times in a bad mood, yes.

But all this doesn't make him a dark hero. The concept of a "dark hero" depends on the personality of the hero.

How can call you a millionaire who respects the law (most of time), who still grieves for the death of his parents 20 years ago, who has a butler who irons his batcape, who never uses guns and never never wants to kill anybody, a dark hero ?

He's cool and menacing, but not dark.

(btw, I don't believe in dark heroes).

SUPERMANDAMAN
Spawn is the ultimate dark hero.

mg16
The Crow is the best. Poor Eric Draven thrown out of his apartment window. What's he to do? OH! I know! Avenge his death! Damn right! Rock on Eric!

RIP
Brandon Lee

Up In Flames
1. batman, blade
2. spawn

another dark character you havent mentioned is judge dredd. he's a dark mutha... "shut ur mouth!"

jgiant
Originally posted by mg16
The Crow is the best. Poor Eric Draven thrown out of his apartment window. What's he to do? OH! I know! Avenge his death! Damn right! Rock on Eric!

RIP
Brandon Lee damnit ive been tring to watch that movie for ever, but no video store in the area has it, and fukin blockbuster bastards, i had it as my number one movie i want and its been two months and i still havent got it, and im too lazy to go out and buy it...damnit! ohh well, back on topic PUNISHER is the best dark superhero ever! and do i have to explain myself at this point...

Scarecrow756
1. Batman
2. Spawn
3. Blade
4. Punisher
5. Hellboy

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by Scarecrow756
1. Batman
2. Spawn
3. Blade
4. Punisher
5. Hellboy
Batman isn't a dark hero... just because he likes to fight at night and wears a dark costume, doesn't mean he is a Dark Hero.

Darth Martin
1. Batman
2. Spawn
3. Blade

Superherovandal
Spectre is kinda of a dark hero. even though he's more of an entity. the stuff he's done is real dark. i mean like kill the egyptian's first born, have a demon have his soul plucked out by vultures. turn a guy into ice and then smash him.

Ultraman Baltan
From the ones on the list, it is a tie between Spawn, Punisher, and Hellboy.

illadelph12
My favorite "dark" hero is Punisher. Vietnam vet turned vigilante/serial killer. His comics have been home to some of the most graphic snuff scenes in comics, and his character has always been well developed.

Also, I don't consider Batman "dark". I know he's called the Dark Knight, but he's not "dark" as in an anti-hero or criminalistic manner. He's a rich kid that becomes obsessed with fighting crime after his parents are murdered, and practices martial arts to better beat down street thugs and masks. He has a drgree of "torment" (basically grief stricken). The only thing "dark" about him is his costume. He's not a deranged psychopath, reformed murderer, noble demon, or anything like that. He's a ninja with a cape who fights along side pre-teens and Superman.

Vim
I chose Spawn because I have always considered him a very dark, anti hero, he saves people but at the same time hurts people and hurts himself. Spawn has been through a lot... I think he's been through Hell twice literally.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.