The RoTK: EE Comic-Con Footage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Tater
Anyone see it? I saw most of it (Except the House of Healing scene and the Mouth of Sauron scene (That I really wanted to see)), and I am impressed with what was shown. I look forward to December.

Discuss.

Melkórë
Ahem, do not you mean "November"?
Oh, and happy birthday. Happy Dance

The Tater
It's coming out in December, for some reason.

First they don't include a "RoTK: EE Preview" on the "RoTK: TE DVD," and now they delay the release date of EE.

EDIT: And Thanks.

Melkórë
Hmm...strange.....
I didn't buy the "TE" release......oh well.....
Welcome!

The Tater
Thanks. This is a great Forum.

Anyways, the "RoTK: EE" has 50 extra minutes of "Never before seen" footage (Including the scene I am looking forward to the most, the "Mouth of Sauron" scene).

eezy45
cool

And Welcome smile

I thought it'd be released in November messed

Exabyte
-> one of those reasons is that several of the actors are busy working on other films and don't have time for making the audiocommentary.

Kitoky
They have to do the audiocommentary!! It's part of the fun!!

fini
its coming out in december.

Kitoky
December now?!

*wails* That's simply too loooong!!!

*sobs*

Aurora
Well that will help us save a lil money... since the StarWars DVD's are coming out in November it was gonna be a huge spending month for us....

Sauron
http://dvdmedia.ign.com/dvd/image/rotkee_giant_1090882055.jpg

eezy45
Oh my goodness!

Aurora
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=2064294#post2064294

Or you could just go here....

Sauron
The whole thing kicked off with a message from Peter Jackson in New Zealand who naturally apologized for not being at the Con as he is working on King Kong, but expressed his desire to someday show up and his frustration of being a geek stuck down there in New Zealand.

A room that can hold nearly seven thousand people exploded in cheers when Christopher Lee's booming voice echoed over a dark screen that lightened to reveal Saruman on top of Orthanc. He warns our heroes of something festering in the heart of Middle-earth and that they will all die.

The Extended Edition preview is edited in a similar fashion to the previous two, with bits of footage mixed in with interviews with the cast and crew about the new footage:

We see Frodo and Sam in their Orc disguises joining the column of Orcs as they march out of Mordor.

There are numerous shots of the Houses of Healing with Faramir, Eowyn, and Merry all seen.

A lot more looks to be added to the siege of Minas Tirith, as there was a bunch of new battle footage.

Frodo and Sam venture into the Crossroads and a few clips from that section were included.

The Mouth of Sauron is featured pretty heavily. If you've played EA's Return of the King video game you'll recognize the scene. The Mouth of Sauron rides out of the Black Gate and presents Frodo's mithril coat to the Fellowship.

Aragorn reveals himself to Sauron by approaching the Palantir in Minas Tirith and wields Anduril to show that the Heir of Elendil was alive.

We get to see more of Saruman later in the preview when he knocks Wormtongue down and also fires a giant fireball from his staff that engulfs Gandalf on Shadowfax.

There's more of Frodo and Sam in Mordor after they join the column of Orcs and before they discard their disguises. In one scene, Sam looks to the dark sky of Mordor and tells Frodo that he can see light as one little star can be seen glimmering through the clouds.

And yes, we will finally get to see Gandalf facing down the Witch King. It happens exactly as we've seen, but when Gandalf holds up his staff the Witch King pulls out his sword and holds it to the sky where it spouts flames. As he brings it down, the air around the burning sword is distorted.

That was just the preview. New Line treated fans to three full clips, with the third introduced by Peter Jackson himself:

There was a nice scene of Pippin and Faramir in Gondor where Faramir explains to the Hobbit how the small Gondorian armor he was wearing belonged to a young son of the Steward when he was a kid. Faramir further explains how Boromir was always the soldier and he wasn't.

A scene that takes place about five days after they were healed by Aragorn features Faramir and Eowyn on a balcony at the Houses of Healing where Eowyn falls for Faramir.

The Paths of the Dead is extended from where it ends in the theatrical cut. After Aragorn poses his offer, the dead laugh and go back into the walls. A massive earthquake starts, and the Three Hunters must escape an avalanche of millions of skulls.

Described, but not shown, another scene expanded in this edition is the scene where Pippin finds Merry on the battlefield. Now, Pippin searches the field for an entire day after everyone else has gone back into the city. He finally locates Merry at night in the new version of the scene.

No release date was given for the set, aside from "December." However, the Collector's Edition was officially revealed. It'll include the four disc set, a Sideshow/WETA statue of Minas Tirith, and a fifth DVD documenting Howard Shore's Lord of the Rings Symphony. As with The Two Towers Collector's Edition and the Gollum/Smeagol statues, it'll include a coupon that you can send away for a matching statue of Minas Morgul; however that will set you back another $70-$75.

Tilien
*cries as i try to grab stuff through the screen*

eezy45
laughing

BackFire
I was actually at the Comic Con, but I didn't see this pannel. A few of my friends did and said it was neat.

I did however see the case of the upcoming ROTK EE, along with the DVD's themselves. Also I saw what the giftset will include, a miniature statue of minastirith.

Sauron
You can also send away fro a minas morgul one eek!

BackFire
Merged the two threads.

Sauron
wink

Bar-en-Danwedh
To: Sauron
RE: pic

that's too cool!!!

Smodden
that IS the coolest pic I've EVER seen..well...coolest I've seen yet...wink

hey the minas tirith figurine thing...does it open up at the bottom? whats that little case at the bottom?
like a storage?

Fëanor
i was gonna go to the comicon...but for financial reasons i couldn't attend...but the figurine is awesome

scott hiwersh
I am thinking you might be able to store the DVD's in there, is this the reson it opens? It looks like it is felt or something inside...

Aurora
Yeah I was trying to figure tha out.... I mean the the other Gift Sets were book ends..... but they didn't hold anything... Wonder what it is holding.

Smodden
I bet you can hold all 12 CD's!!! and cary the whole trilogy deep within minas tirith...wherever you go!

erm...maybee

muse5
:starts hyperventilating:
precious
precious
precious

is any of this available online... i must go on a quest

muse5
i'm such a loser (please don't comment on this one)

i was going through the forum and i saw this thread and started freaking out because i thought that it was going to show me the actual footage, then i realized, 'oh, i responded in this thread 2 days ago'

ladygrim
my god december is so far

szhismine
i literally cannot wait for it to come out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.