You know, they have actually made Cage Cool.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkCrawler
As I live in Finland and we are about two years late in comics, I didn't know what had happened to Luke Cage, Power Man.

So I went to Marvel's site, and looked for bio.

And I saw this:
http://img59.exs.cx/img59/8585/Cage.png

What has happened? How did the man with bright yellow suit turn into "gangsta"? If anybody has any info, I would appriciate it.

Arachnoidfreak
Cage has always been a reflection of the black community at that certain decade. Remember how he looked in the 70s?

ScarletSpider
I don't know if he's "gangsta" so much as the fact that the writers and artists figured out that 70's blaxploitation hair and clothes styles don't work well anymore, and in fact, never really worked well to begin with.

They got rid of the yellow, put him in Heroes For Hire, started writing him well and treating him like the smart guy he is, and not some stupid guy from the "hood". Put him in Marvel Knights (although back in the yellow, bleh) had him guest star in Daredevil and Alias a lot. Now he's in the Pulse. He's also in the new Secret War book by Bendis.

They just gave his character a long needed update to make him viable and interesting in our new age. Now if they could just get rid of Iron Fist's little booties, that'd be an achievement.

Arachnoidfreak
Well, Luke Cage is certainly different in Secret Wars, that's for sure. He does actually seem pretty cool now.

FeceMan
I think I'm about to get my ass handed to me by a DROUS (Dark Rodent of Unusual Size).

Arachnoidfreak
A "Princess Bride" referance!? Never thought I'd see that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.