Tupac Is The Greatest Rapper Of All Time!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheFilmProphet
For years and years I have always believed Tupac is the greatest rapper of all time and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

HockeyHorror
yoru the only one laughing

click my sig, one of the MANY rappers that is 10000000 times better than pac yes

pac is great, i got nothing against him. he's a MAINSTREAM legend, but he's not the greatest lyrically, or production wise.

HockeyHorror
*is listening to Tupac- Only God Can Judge Me*

Fearnix
tu-pac is no way near the best

HockeyHorror
fearnix...plz tell me who do u think is the best...or close to best...cuz pac is on of the few closest to best from any other MAINSTREAM rapper out there.

Alpha Centauri
No you're not the only one FilmProphet.

You and about a billion others all think that. Three quarters of which started thinking so after he died.

You're wrong though. Just thought I'd drop that in.

All this praise of him being like a prophet or a lyrical God is just BS when the deepest shit he ever wrote was "Brenda's got a baby".

Pfft. Get over him.

-AC

HockeyHorror
his deepest shit was Brendas Gotta Baby, Thugs Mansion, and Only God Can Judge Me

i really didn't hear anything better than those...

Alpha Centauri
My point was that all those weren't really that deep at all.

-AC

HockeyHorror
and yes i agree with AC

TrAnCeDuO
http://i.somethingawful.com/inserts/articlepics/photoshop/07-23-04-albums/BrutalMikal1.jpg

HockeyHorror
laughing out loud^ funny but sad.

TheFilmProphet
If you haven't listened to his music I mean really listen to it then don't try and tell me his shit was not deep maybe its just because you can't relate to his music. I have loved his music since before he died so don't tell me I have thoguth hes the best after he died if you don't even know me. Who do you propose is the best rapper than tell me who Jay z, Ludacris, Nelly, or 50 Cent don't think so. They all just rap to get rich and rap about being wealthy and having everything someone in the ghetto will never have in thier entire life. He rapped about his life and everything he has gone through literally having no home, his mom being a drug addict, never knowing his father, being in prison, being beaten by police and so much more. He was an actor, rapper and poet he wrote over a hundread poems. Rappers music now is just about nodding your head to the beat but Tupac was about actually making you think and listen to his words.

HockeyHorror
click my sig. they guy is 10000 times better/deeper than pac.

i can name about 30 rapper (maybe over 20) deeper than pac.

once again, i think pac is great! for the mainstream music.

TheFilmProphet
Ok listen white boys maybe someone should take down this thread because its useless trying to explain 2PAC to people who live nowhere near the ghetto and can't relate to his music. wink

HockeyHorror
ahahhaha

im in California, Ghetto area indeed yes

so plz, if u dont understand hip hop, dont talk about hip hop smile

and im not a white boy laughing

look pac is great,but there are alot better rappers out there, ill give u a damn list

Immortal Technique
Ras Kass
Chino XL
GM Grimm
Murs
MF DOOM
Sage Francis
Pharoahe Monch
Brother Ali
Gift Of Gab
Eyedea
Slug
Warcloud
Gza
Warcloud
Ghostface Killah
Raekwon
Canibus
Killah Priest
Binary Star (duo)
Vast Aire
Vakill
Illogic
Prince Po
John Smith
Saafir

and the list goes on...

Alpha Centauri
Firstly FilmProphet, don't bring colour into it. I'm white but I've been into Hiphop since I was about 5 years old. I heard my first Hiphop at 4 and that was Public Enemy. Hockey Horror isn't a white boy and he lives in Cali. The area 2pac made a song about. You know the one called "California Love". Yeah that one....strangely enough, was about Cali. Which he also referred to as the ghetto. Also, why does location alter the perception of music? Stupid boy.

"If you haven't listened to his music I mean really listen to it then don't try and tell me his shit was not deep maybe its just because you can't relate to his music. I have loved his music since before he died so don't tell me I have thoguth hes the best after he died if you don't even know me."

I own all the albums he put out before he died and one from after. So that's wrong assumption number 1. I was into his music since 2pacalypse Now. It's not deep. If you think it's deep then you're just easily impressed. 2pac rapped about what it's like to be a young black male growing up. Meaningful? Damn straight. But only to those people. It doesn't matter to me coz he never tried to reach me with his music. That was his problem, only trying to relate to certain people.

"Who do you propose is the best rapper than tell me who Jay z, Ludacris, Nelly, or 50 Cent don't think so. They all just rap to get rich and rap about being wealthy and having everything someone in the ghetto will never have in thier entire life."

Wrong assumption number 2. I don't think any of those are anywhere near the greatest rapper ever. Stupid to assume.

"He rapped about his life and everything he has gone through literally having no home, his mom being a drug addict, never knowing his father, being in prison, being beaten by police and so much more."

Why is all that important to me though? 2pac had the chance to spread messages worldwide and he did sometimes but for the most part he rapped about how bad he had it. Why do I need to know about that? It's just as bad as Nelly telling me how much ice he wears. I don't need to know that. It's pointless and stupid. Everyday people go to jail, get beaten by police, get walked out on by their parents or come from broken homes. 2pac was just an everyday man who got famous. Deal with it.

"He was an actor, rapper and poet he wrote over a hundread poems. Rappers music now is just about nodding your head to the beat but Tupac was about actually making you think and listen to his words."

Mark Wahlberg was Marky Mark before he became an actor. Acting means shit. It just means 2pac wanted more money if anything. What messages did he put over in his movies? How significant to the world were his movies? What socially conscious message did Gridlock'd deliver? None. Think before you type. If I got write a thousand poems, I'm a poet. It doesn't make me a good one or a legendary one.

Mainstream rap now is shit and it is sad to lose someone talented like 2pac. But that's all he was. Talented, he wasn't a God. He wasn't a mad genius. I'll tell you what he is though, he's dead. He isn't the greatest now, he wasn't then.

-AC

HockeyHorror
yes ^

TheFilmProphet
Sorry sad Hollywood, California doesn't count as ghetto. Anyway that list is laughable I've heard them before and there no way near better than Pac come on Chino XL, Rass Kass, Ghostface, and Canibus laughing
Plus they are not rapping about the same things 2PAC use to rap about even though some may try there will never be another Tupac.

Alpha Centauri
"there will never be another Tupac."

Thank Heavens. He's like the ****in Superman of Hiphop.

Decent but has a fan club that I'd like to nuke.

-AC

HockeyHorror
umm Ras Kass raps about hard times in his life,, BUT NOT IN EVERY SINGLE SONG...thats y pac never had diversity...ever song was about him being a thug, and how hard his life was. Chino XL is an excellent lyrisist (if u disagree on this, then u haven't heard anythign from him)

and i know ur lying, u haven't heard anything from the list i just posted.

and click on my sig! dammit smile

and the area i live is filled with gangs (damn stupid dumbass', gangs are worthless pieces of shit in society yes )

HockeyHorror
elaborate plz smile

TheFilmProphet
I can guarantee that at least half of that list is below garbage. Tupac didn't just rap about being a thug apparently you haven't listened to all his music. This is how much I believe you about living in the ghetto with gangs laughing

HockeyHorror
AH HA! see you haven't heard their music...you are an ignorant bastard smile big grin

and living in the ghetto doesn't make u tough...its all bull shit what you've heard.

ok then, tell me WHAT ELSE pac rapped about?

o yea i forgot, sex, violence what else?>

TheFilmProphet
Rapping about what he went through was important because it gave hope and light to those going through the same thing I myself went through some of the same things and know that it was comforting that I can get through it and make it. He let everyone know that there is hope and that you must have hope for the future. The difference between him and you is sure you can write a thousand poems but his had actual meaning and definition the poems he wrote were written before he was famous. It did mean something that he was an actor because he opened the doors for the black actors of today and broke new barriers. He was the greatest and will always be the greatest no matter what you people say.

HockeyHorror
ummm Illogic in my opinion is the greatest underground hip hop poet...the man is a genius...u post a verse by Pac and i post a verse by Illogic..how about we compare shall we? smile

TheFilmProphet
Let me think he rapped about respecting our women in numerous songs about everything he went through before he was a successful actor or rapper. He even let people from the street who had no home sleep in his mansion he supported the 'MAKE A WISH FOUNDATION' but nobody ever talked about that because they always saw his bad side apparently you are no different. I have listened to those shitty rappers Canibus who had beef with LL Cool J, Eminem, Dr. Dre before. Ghostface of Wutang Clan and Chino XL who has been around for many years but never good enough to make it mainstream. Plus the other ones too.
I never once said living in the ghetto makes you tough but it gives you an understanding of what he went through.

HockeyHorror
chino xl never tried to make it mainstream laughing out loud shows how much u know

and yes Pac was a man of duality...i do agree to that, but only a few songs were actually deep, and i belive thats an opinion.

TheFilmProphet
Anyway I'm leaving this forum theres clearly nobody who even knows as much about PAC as I do so stupid of me to think so goodbye to all you people who will never understand him.

HockeyHorror
i have ALMOST all his albums...

talk to me man, dont leave the forum cuz this place kicks ass. u just have to learn to respect other peeps opinons smile

and once again Pac is great for the Mainstream. you just dont understand underground hip hop yes

HockeyHorror
and like pac said Changes are great. try listening to underground hip hop

and click on my sig!! smile

ElectricBugaloo

HockeyHorror
laughing

GABRIEL05
Once upon a time there was a man called KRS One...

the end

golden moon
..............................................................................................
you are the only one....

tupack good....

yeah right...

HockeyHorror
KRS-One
Big Daddy Kane
Kool G Rap

people forget about them

sonofasaiyan
Tupac was more than a rapper, he was an icon and a phenomenon.yes

HockeyHorror
no

he's overrated.

sonofasaiyan
What and who isn't overrated nowadays?huh

HockeyHorror
there are alot of rappers that aren't overrated

Darth Revan
Okay, people, don't go around saying Pac was the best rapper ever because he had a tough life. Guess who had an even worse life? Jon Davis from Korn. He had an incredibly crappy childhood. He was constantly being pestered at school, he grew up with his single father and his girlfriend, who raped him more than once when he was around 5 years old, he overcame a crippling speed addiction later in his life... And guess what? Korn is a great band, but more often than not, the man's lyrics suck. So clearly, what somebody went through in their life is no indication of lyrical genius.

And also, TFP dude, learn to use a map. California isn't limited to Hollywood roll eyes (sarcastic)

HockeyHorror
very very true^ yes

OWNED!
laughing

Alpha Centauri
"Rapping about what he went through was important because it gave hope and light to those going through the same thing I myself went through some of the same things and know that it was comforting that I can get through it and make it. "

He made it coz he could fool people into thinking he was deep, edgy and a lyrical God. Which he did. His making it was due to his getting famous. He stayed around the ghetto and kept "real" and all it got him was shot.

"Anyway I'm leaving this forum theres clearly nobody who even knows as much about PAC as I do so stupid of me to think so goodbye to all you people who will never understand him."

I actually know more of Pac than you clearly do because I have an unbiased view of him. If he tried to reach just one audience then he clearly wasn't the greatest. Either that or he could ONLY reach one audience. Which would again prove he isn't the greatest.

-AC

MF D00m
haha, you guys ran him off before I could throw in my two cents. Damn.

HockeyHorror
laughing laughing

tasi
For Pac haters yours so ****en dump you ****en *****. I am currently living in New Zealand right now was born in New Zealand but grew up in a country called Papua New Guinea . I am half Samoan and haf PNG . For those you dont know PNG is in the South Pacific and so is Samoa ..Man PNG is a third world country with poverty very high crime rates and to my understanding has the highest crime rate,highest aids cases , poverty ,corruption in the South Pacific and has the most languages in the world for just alittle country ..They call Australia the land down under and they call New Zealand the land of the the long white cloud. But PAPUA NEW GUINEA is called the land of the unexpected meaninig to expect the unexpected ...You can easily get robbed, killed, raped at any time of the day even the Police kill the criminals after they have surrendered how corrupt is that . There no is such thing as freedom in your country cant even walk freely at night or even in the day.In the slumms the shanty settlments no body knows any other rapper than TUPAC mention any rappers name they dont even know who the **** **** your talking but mention Pacs and the have a understanding on who he is. **** what I am trying to say is this tupac is 100% THE BEST RAPPER of all time.. See his music touches different people all over the world. Even a place called Papua New Guinea....

bardock
tupac is ok.there are better rappers though

HockeyHorror
my child...please...youre making a fool of yourself...smile

Darth Revan
The fact that a bunch of people in Papua New Guinea (which you seem to think is some unheard-of magic kingdom) only know about Tupac doesn't prove anything. In fact all it means is that they have a very biased view of hip hop. So they are less qualified to say whether his music is good or not than we are.

tasi
Yo bro, what the hell are u going on about , I never said PNG was a magical Kingdom read and UNDERSTDAND mate.. And how can the people be biased? Who are you to jude people on their decisions?

HockeyHorror
tupac isn't the best rapper...i can name 100 better.

he just contradicits himself in his songs etc etc

Darth Revan
Well you treat it as if nobody's ever heard of it but you, which isn't true.

They're biased because if they don't KNOW anybody other than Tupac, how can they realistically tell whether or not he's talented? I've heard a lot of rappers, and I can say that there are better rappers out there than Tupac. He was a great rapper for mainstream, but he's only average in the underground world.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.