Adam Warlock Vs Archangel Michael

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alpha Centauri
This fight really appealed to me for some reason.

I think it would be very exciting to see these two face off. Two extremely powerful beings who are very much watchers in a sense. Both of them only really appear when things are dangerous. So what happens if they were to fight?

Discuss.

-AC

moshtitan
im not really familiar with Michaels abilities....anyone care too indulge me?

DarkCrawler
Well they are almost the same as his brother's Lucifer's which include:

Lucifer is omnipotent, he can create his own universes on a whim, create life and create entire concepts like 'Time' from scratch.

His power is incalculable. He stood on ground zero of the demiurgic explosion, the explosion that could wipe out a multiverse, and didn't even get a tan.

The only thing he cannot do is create his own multiverse alone, he needs his brother Michael to do that.

Only his brother Michael is his equal in power, and only God is superior to both of them.

But the power Lucifer likes to use most is his brain, his devious bastardness allow him to defeat gods even when he is mortal and powerless.

Taken from here

So I say that Michael wins.

Linkalicious
I've been thinking of a VS. match that would be good for Warlock for a while now.

THIS....is not one of them.

Michael wins. Even with the Soul Gem, Warlock is outclassed.

Mane
definitely Michael!

Victor Von Doom
Michael by far.

Alpha Centauri
Poor Adam haha. I thought he'd have a go.

-AC

manjaro
soooooo every one knows that this thread is basically saying warlock Vs our lord and savior jesus christ, right? so i pick jesus.

call me scared of going to hell, just yet

Mane
no way, Jesus could whoop on Michael big time!

manjaro
ummm helloo, micheal the Archangel and jesus are one in the same. dont you know the bible?

*not meant as an insult*

Mane
umm hello no they arent! God/Jesus/The Holy Spirit are the same. Michael is just the highest ranking Angel.

manjaro
wow! you reaaallllly need to go back to sunday school

Mane
will someone tell him that the Son of God and Michael the Archangel are two different beings!

Beyonder
They're different people from what I know.

Linkalicious
God

Jesus

& Michael

are all different...come on now guys...

Beyonder
Nope. GOD and Jesus are the same person. Jesus is 1 of 3 parts of the Holy Trinity - so they are different in that sense.

Mane
THANK YOU! finally someone knows what im talking about.

Linkalicious
THAT's what i meant. I know that in essence they are the same person. Well..."being"...don't know if you could call something made up a person.

manjaro
Scriptural evidence indicates that the name Micheal applied to god's son BEFORE he left heaven to become Jesus Christ and also AFTER his return.

micheal is the only one said to be"the archangel" meaning "chief angel" or "principal angel". The term occurs in the bible only in the singular, meaning only one. This seems to imply that there is but ONE whom god has designated cheif, or head of the angelic host.

at 1 Thessalonians 4:16 the voice of the resurrected lord Jesus Christ is described as being that of an archangel. This text depicts him as desending from heaven with"a commanding call". it is only logical, therefore, that the voice expressing this "shout" can be described by a word that would not DIMINSH or DETRACT from the great authority that christ now has as king of kings and lord of lords.

if the designation "archangel" appplied, not to jesus but to ANOTHER angel, then the reference to an archangel's voice would not be appropriate. It would imply that an angel of lesser authority would be on equal footing with the son of god.

SUNDAY SCHOOL IS NOW IN SESSION!!

Gregory
Sunday school may be in session, but I wouldn't want to submit that post to my old Christianity teacher for a grade. If you wanted Jesus and Michael to be the same person, you would need to explain, for example, why the Book of Revelations consistantly refers to Jesus Christ as either "Jesus" or "Christ" or "Jesus Christ," then suddenly refers to Michael with no indication that they are the same being.

Incidently, the verse you site reads: "For the Lord himself, with a cry of command, with the archangel's call and the sound of God's trumpet, will descend from heaven..." It looks to me like Jesus is not giving an "archangel's call," but is rather being heralded by the archangel and the trumpet.

manjaro
There are also correspondencies establishing that Micheal is actually the Son of God. Daniel after making the reference to Michael(Daniel10:13) recorded a prophecy reaching down to"the time of the end" and then stated:" And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people(daniel's people)......and at that time thy people shall be delivered, everyone that shall be found written in the book"(Daniel12:1)

Michael's standing up was to be associated with " a time of trouble such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time"(Da12:1) In Daniel's prohecy, standing up frequently refers to the action of the king, either taking up his royal power or acting effectively in his capacity as king.(DA11:2-4,7) This supports the conlusion that Michael is Jesus Christ, since Jesus is god's appointed king, commisioned to destroy all the nations at Har-Magedon.(Re11:15;16:14-16)

Linkalicious
Lets just drop this damn whole religious bull crap.

Man made the book....Man made God. You CAN'T prove otherwise...so drop it children of the cloth....

Adam Warlock Can't win this....case closed.

Better yet, thread closed.

manjaro
my sentiment exactly, even though i could go on...........................no?.................ok

Black Spiderman
i think micheal would barely win

Alpha Centauri
Who's Michael and what can he do? Why would he barely win Black Spiderman?

Don't know? Thought so. Stop cluttering threads. Someone will end up reporting you coz you're really annoying.

-AC

FeceMan
Hah, you keep referring to him as "Black Spiderman" even though he's in the closet about it smile.

Arachnoidfreak
Come out of the closet little boy!

hahahahalaughing

Mider
Were do Lucifer and Micheal come out?

Gregory
I don't understand the question. Lucifer has a monthly Vertigo title, if that's what you're asking.

Krissy Von Doom
Warlock on his own would get destroyed in about 0.3 milliseconds.
Warlock with the IG would be able to give Michael a run for his money, probably.

supremthor
even with the IG his chances if winning are 8/ 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,00

eleveninches
In the DCU, Michael is Dead, but he was killed at the beginning of time, so he could have been created originally a few seconds after that

FrothByte
anyone got a good pic of michael? i've been trying soooo hard to look for one, so hard to come by. michael wins by the way. adam doesn't stand a chance.

KharmaDog
Jesus and God are one in the same, they are the father, son and holy spirit.

Lucifer, Gabriel and Michael are the three archangels. God created 3 Archangels to administer the government of God throughout the Angelic Realm.

Micheal served eternity.
Gabriel served awareness.
Lucifer served infinity.

That being said Micheal is the big guy's go to when it comes to fight time, so I'll take his side in this one. Micheal wins by K.O.

norrin radd
what about the archangel raphael?

KharmaDog
The Book of Revelations states there are seven Archangels, standing in the presence of God. However the bible has been translated so many times and has suffered from so many retellings that it is unclear as to it's definition of archangel and it's context as it appears in revelations. Though many observe that there were/are seven angels who stand in the presence of God many debate as to whether they are all archangels, or if there are only three archangels who with four other angels stand as god's seven.

Michael, Gabriel, and Lucifer are accepted as the original three with Raphael becoming the third after Lucifer's fall from heaven.

If one prescribes that there are seven archangels than theother four are subject to debate. Uriel, Raguel, Zadkiel, Saraqael, Remeil, Anael, Orifiel, Uzziel, Raziel, and Metatron are all thought by deiffernet people to be pert of the seven. The Koran only recognizes four, and actually names but two: Djibril (Gabriel) and Michael.

KharmaDog
That's all I'm gonna say about this, I'd rather talk about comic books, in the end when it comes to religion, believe what you want.

Krissy Von Doom
Jesus and God aren't one and the same. If so, Jesus would have been praying to himself? What the?

Cosmic_Beings
Michael is from DC, where everything is godly and dumb. Leave it in Marvel!

joesha28
I think you did not read the bible

joesha28
Jesus is 100% man, 100% God. His humanity was praying to God the Father

Krissy Von Doom
Actually you're half right... Jesus = 100% man
But nowhere in the book does it state he's equal with the big G as also being 100% god.
During the 5th century, the catholic church, or more accurately Emperor Constantine (a pagan by the way) made the decision to elevate Jesus to the status of god... a few years later, a similar decision was made about the holy spirit... thus forming the "trinity"
The word "trinity" isnt mentioned in the bible because it's made up....
But that's off topic...

supremthor
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STICK TO COMICS PEOPLE.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.