The Last Resorts.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alpha Centauri
In comics, I think the most exciting thing about a character can be that essence that they are special. Different to the rest.

Like Quasar in The Infinity Gauntlet. Although he gets whooped, his entrance is quite exciting. The presence is felt when you're reading it. I like those sort of last resort heroes who only show up when things really get out of hand. So it gives you a feeling of the situation.

Who would you put in that catagory and why?

-AC

Arachnoidfreak
I've seen Red Tornado and Hawkeye do that sometimes. The Avengers would be fighting, and a purple arrow comes flying in from off panel and saves someone....great stuff.

Alpha Centauri
Hawkeye is someone I like the idea of but damn man. Lose the bow and arrow. Get a gun or something.

-AC

Arachnoidfreak
I actually prefer the bow and arrow. I dunno, we have enough gun-toting experts(Punisher and Deadpool come to mind immediately, but Im sure there are more).

SnakeEyes
i see where u are coming from AC, bow and arrow seems so........ primitive

tkitna
As a very last resort,,,,,,,The Watcher.

norrin radd
Silver Surfer, remember when nova kid and his gang are fighting Terrax , and then tha FF appears to help, and in the end who appears to save the day..........

Victor Von Doom
An arrow is a lot more effective than a bullet in many cases.

Having said that, Hawkeye is a penis.

I think Thor as last resort against Hulk in The Ultimates was wicked, although Hulk had none of it.

Red Superfly
The Green Ranger.

Go green ranger, go go!

Red Superfly
*does the green ranger jig*

TA DA!

Alpha Centauri
"Silver Surfer, remember when nova kid and his gang are fighting Terrax , and then tha FF appears to help, and in the end who appears to save the day.........."

Yeah that was awesome.

So was Thor in The Ultimates.

Red, do you seriously need to continue your love of Green Ranger and Captain Birdseye?

-AC

lft4ded
Does Batman when he comes out of the shadows count? You can have the whole Justice League down and the villain is counting up to only 6 members when number 7 steps out. 'Just a man' they say!

Alpha Centauri
Batman is a very exciting character in the comics. I agree.

-AC

lft4ded
Thanos is a good last resort because he usually brings the goods to put things right. Like when Thor was going crazy and they had to take it to Odin.

The Surfer is tops in my books but I knew he was outclassed when Odin showed up but Thanos...I thought he was outclassed but to take that level of punishment from Odin and still rise again. The Titan is the last resort that won't quit!

ScarletSpider
I agree with RedSuperfly. Green Ranger was always the best. Those other wussy rangers would be getting their asses kicked and then out of nowhere...duh-duhduh-da-da-daaaaa--super amplified dagger flute! And then his Dragon Zord erupts out the water and crushes everyone.

It's pretty funny, the 'actor' (I'm being kind in using the term actor) who played the Green Ranger must have had a hell of a time getting work, because I noticed he's back on the new Ranger team. What a way to make a living.

Linkalicious
I liked in Maximum Carnage where Spiderman's ribs are all busted up and he ends up going back out to save the city from Carnage, Demogoblin, Doppleganger, and Shriek.

It's like Venom, Blackcat, Cloak, and Morbius...4 vs 4, and things aren't looking too good. But then Spidey shows up and makes it so the bad guys had to run away.

or Hulk cracking Onslaught's armor. Good one there too...

Alpha Centauri
Spidey has alot of those, hardly ever fail either. In I.G he webbed Thanos in the face and kicked him. You never expect him to be there but he shows up.

Daredevil had the best one but I can't remember what issue it was in. Or what exactly happened, I just remember being filled with excitement. It may have been involving Black Widow.

-AC

FeceMan
It depends on how you mean last resort. I interpret it in two ways:

1. This particular hero/heroine is an extremely powerful character who isn't usually called on to help in "normal" fights. He or she is brought into the fray of battle when the good guys are getting the crap beat out of them. Like the Green Ranger sad.

2. This particular hero/heroine sucks. He or she is NEVER called into battle because, well, his or her powers just don't cut it. Kind of like Leech (I HATE HIM SO MUCH!). Who the hell wants THAT on his team?

Alpha Centauri
The first one with the exception of the Green Ranger.

-AC

FeceMan
Lol.

Joker1237
Yes the old Green Ranger Tommy was cool, Batman is not relly a last Resorts.

But for my money is Casey Jones on TMNT, When the Turtles are fighting the foot clan in the movie and loseing and seeing Casey show up, and saying "Can you guys tell me what your doing with my green freind over there?? Oh who's the babe(April)

Casey does show up when the Turtles are getting there butts kick, After Don and Leo, Casey is number 3 on my Turtle fav.

ScarletSpider
Charizard. Whenever Ash and his yellow bath toy get their asses kicked, he's all like "Go! Charizard!" And then Charizard comes out, burps fire in Ash's face, because it's retarded anime like that, and then Charizard wins. Unless he's fighting a Blastoise, in which case, the Blastoise has a good chance of winning...hmmm...unless Charizard is at a higher level and has better training, then it stands a better chance! Oh dear! But Batman could beat them both up! He's the secret super Pokemon weapon. Yes, Batman.

Into the Void
Holy god dude, I can't believe you brought Pokemon into this....

Joker1237
Batman will lose to Pokemon, Oh can he beat Mewtwo?? No I no Pokemone fan.

ScarletSpider
Lol. I'm sorry for bringing Pokemon into this. May God strike me down where I stand.

Alpha Centauri
Adam Warlock and The Infinity Watch are quite awesome for that sorta stuff.

-AC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.