The Obscure War.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alpha Centauri
I agree with Arachnoid Freak in that all that ever comes up is Marvel Universe VS DC Universe.

So I thought it would be fun to discuss all the companies for a change.

You have great properties like Witchblade, The Darkness, Spawn, Star Seed, Hellboy and the various incarnations from Amalgam comics that never really get mentioned in great company Vs company battles.

All inclusive, could these upstarts and obscures come through in a giant mosh of comic genocide? Or would they just fade away?

Discuss.

-AC

Arachnoidfreak
Oh yea, alot of these lesser-well-known heroes and villains would come out on top over many mainstream DC/Marvel characters. Some wanna-bes could conquer the originals, and alot of original characters that are made in obscure companies can overcome lots of mainstream characters. Supreme is an example of the former, and The Darkness and Spawn are the most obvious two examples of the latter, but I mean others also, such as Avengelyne(Maximum Press) and Predators(Dark Horse) to name a couple. Star Seed(Broadway Comics) is not the most powerful chracter, but Cory(his real name) is resourceful, and even though he the son of an alien, his powers are down to earth, and he can take on alot of the "down to earth" characters of the mainstream companies. Star Seed vs Archangel(metal wings) I pick Star Seed. Seriously.

Great thread by the way.

Alpha Centauri
Bump.

Come on you little jerks. I have created a good Company Vs thread for once.

-AC

norrin radd
is this your way of stimulating ppl to post?

Arachnoidfreak
Let's face it Alpha, we aren't going to get many posts in this thread because people are just ignorant to anything without mainstream logos slapped on the cover.

norrin radd
i hate this, i was going to post here, and then i read jerks, ignorantes, shit man, maybe this is a good thread, but has terribles managers

FeceMan
How do you mean a "giant mosh of comic book genocide", exactly?

ska57
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Bump.

"Come on you little jerks. I have created a good Company Vs thread for once."

BLAH! (there, i said something) big grin

ska57
that was stupid

moshtitan
so was your double posting....it is a shame that not many are familiar with the lesser known companies...i for one love them. i also wish one day they would all arise to the top and overtake the comic juggeranuts of today.

wuTa
i dont know if Mcfarland is a lesser known company....he hit a gold mine with spawn right off the bat and even though he prolby isnt known as much as marvel or dc has has expanded his name into other things like sport action figures and sh*t like that....i think his name is pretty well known but maybe not well recongized if that makes sense

btw did anyone ever see the cartoon of spawn on HBO in the mid 90s...i never knew there was such a thing (probly coz we didnt have HBO)...i'm just curious to what that cartoon was like

Arachnoidfreak
You get offended way too easily.

norrin radd
so do you, after all you did answer to the post

Arachnoidfreak
I'm not offended. I was just responding to a statement.

norrin radd

DarkCrawler
I am actually new to these comics. The once published Spawn here, but it didn't last a long. I looked Darkness #11 from Mile High Comics, good stuff. Darkness is interesting character. His powers are very orginal.

I could read it more.

(Is the Top Cow same company that publishes Witchblade? I have read one Witchblade in my cousins home. It was very good stuff too)

Arachnoidfreak
Yes, Top Cow owns Witchblade too. They used to be part of Image, but they broke off.

Alpha Centauri
"i hate this, i was going to post here, and then i read jerks, ignorantes, shit man, maybe this is a good thread, but has terribles managers"

Get a sense of humour man. Goddamn.

-AC

FeceMan
At least he almost got my name right (I nearly spelled it "write" lol).

moshtitan
lol how ironic.

norrin radd

norrin radd
but this is becoming boring, we should post about the comics.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.