Interview with Carrie Fisher at Comic Con

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Priestess
Feel free to move this to the OT forum if need be, I just thought because of the weekends events it could go here for a day or two.

Return of the Princess: Carrie Fisher

While talking about the DVD release of the Star Wars Trilogy, Steve Sansweet welcomed a special guest to the Comic-Con stage. Carrie Fisher, the actress behind Princess Leia, stepped forward to a huge round of applause, and even one enthusiastic cry of "I love you, Carrie!" from a fan.
"I love you," Carrie said, acting relieved to get such a revelation off her chest. "There, I said it."

Steve Sansweet: You gave some really wonderful interviews for the documentary on the DVD. And I wonder if that process triggered any memories in you? Did you wake up screaming?

Carrie Fisher: I always wake up screaming. ... I actually did the voiceover for the DVD... After saying no, George called me at home, like he always does, and then I agree to do whatever he's asked me.

Lately, part of my career, my job description, is giving George Lucas awards, and doing as he bids me. So, I watched all three movies in a day. And that was like making a jump to lightspeed, I suppose.

Sansweet: Like making a trip in a time machine?

Fisher: I don't know what I remember. I remember that Skylab fell during Empire... directly on the film. Mark went around wearing a hat that said "Skylab is Falling." I remember that. I do remember, permanently, the hologram speech, because we had to reshoot it. So whenever I get lost on the way to someone's house, or I just forget your name, it's because I remember the speech... "General Kenobi, years ago you served my father during the Clone Wars..."

... I'm a thousand years old and I still remember that thing. It's very disturbing. I have to take medication, and yet it still won't go away.

Sansweet: How about the gaffer tape marks? Are they gone now?

Fisher: I still wear gaffer tape.

Sansweet: There's some really great photos of you and the other actors behind-the-scenes in the photo gallery on the set. It really looks like you were having fun.

Fisher: That's a lie! We sobbed every day! No, sometimes we did have fun. They made fun of me. One time on Cloud City I had to make an entrance, and they were all supposed to be waiting, and they cleared the set. So that when I walked in, no one was anywhere. Oh, that was very fun.

Sansweet: Are you looking forward to seeing the films on DVD?

Fisher: I'd like to show them to my daughter because I'd like to tell her when the iron bikini thing comes on that she's getting that body! I want her to get enthusiastic.

Sansweet: I know you've talked about this before -- last question -- there's a lot of Princess Leia merchandise out there. Some of it a little bit unusual. Do you have any Princess Leia merchandise or favorites?

Fisher: Well, I always liked the shampoo where you twist my head off and pour liquid out of my neck. That's very Freudian. Even the Pez where you can take a little thing and tilt your head back and a wafer comes out of your neck... If I dreamt that, what would you think it meant?

VengeanceGOD
LOL

Carrie Fisher is awesome.

Lyn
She is. Definitley. happythumb upHappy Dance

Corran
Mmmm Princess Leia.

finti
yeah

Cyclops
Is there any male Star Wars fan that does not harbour fantasies about having their lady friend wear a gold bakini? blink

Corran
Tex maybe

darktim1
I heard that at the ep2 premiere she called natalie portman mom I thought that was cool because she new she was going to be born next film can't wait to see the dvd trilogy.

Sith Master X
haha, that was pretty funny. lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.