Some awesome DVD pickups...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BackFire
Well, last week I had the good fortune of going to the San Diego Comic Convention with a few of my buddies. I don't read comics, but my friends told me I would like it for the movie stuff.

Well, my first day there I saw this booth with a bunch of movies. The first movie that caught my eye was Eraserhead. I was like "wow, that's a rare movie to see on DVD, maybe they have others." So I dug through them and to surprise I saw a Cannibal Holocaust DVD. I nearly shit myself, but managed to hold it in untill later. I then noticed a sign that says "each movie - $20, or 3 for $50". So I started digging through more of them searching for more titles. I had one particular movie in mind htat I was keeping my eye out for - Salo.

The next film that caught my attention was Shaun of the Dead. I have heard great things about that flick, and it looked cool from the trailer I had seen on the net, so I grabbed it. Just one more.

I continued digging through all the films. I was starting to realize that Salo probably would be a tough find, as it's one of the most rare dvd's out there. I continued digging..

Then, there it was, Salo. I swear I nearly shit myself again. I grabbed it up with a huge smile, bought it and ran off to the bathroom to masterbate.

Well, that's my story. Oh by the way, Shaun of the Dead is an awesome ****ing movie.

Evil Dead
- jealous -

SlipknoT
I wish I could have gone

tabby999
bastard..........................please dont ban me wink

crackerman
Have you watched Salo yet? What did you think? I borrowed it last year off a friend and still haven't managed to watch it all. It's one film that no matter how much I want to I can't sit down and watch it all.

That reminds me, I must give it back!

BackFire
Yeah, Salo was the first one I watched when I got home. It's a very disgusting and disturbing film, but it's very interesting, definately worth a viewing.

zombieman
You guys must be deprived over in the states, you can buy Salo on DVD in HMV in the UK and Cannibal Holocaust can be found at most markets. As for Sean of the Dead, I saw it on the cinema when it came out but we haven't got the DVD yet.

Dario Argento
you shouldn't masterbate in the bathroom... you should do it to Salo. wink

Is it the Criterion release?

BackFire
Yeah it is

ragesRemorse
God damn dude you should play the lottery. the horror Gods have blessed you. I am just glad a fan stumbled across this blessing instead of someone who cant fully appreciate those movies. Man i paid 39$ for the criterion Salo uncut version off of amazon,and i diddnt even know Eraserhead was put on Dvd, i am completely jealous...you bastard

zombieman
Im not 100% sure but I think Eraserhead got a general release on DVD over here.

BackFire
I didn't buy Eraserhead, it was there though.

crackerman

Dario Argento
You didn't buy Eraserhead? Why not?

BackFire
I dunno, too expensive. Didn't have enough money for 4 movies.

Stormy Day
I found Salo on ebay for $10.00 didnt buy it tho confused

ragesRemorse
is shaun of the dead worth a purchase?

BackFire
I don't trust ebay, never have, never will. I'd much rather pay 10 dollars more and know for a FACT that I'm actually getting the movie with a case and everything.

Mr Zero
Not out on DVD for another week - and thats only in the UK...

But when you poor americans get the chance, hell yeah - Sean OTD kicks mighty ass. Here is how to tell if you will like the movie.

One of the special features on the UK DVD is an audio commentary track by the zombies.

Did you laugh? If so - see this film.

ragesRemorse
sounds like me

Ebay isnt that bad, when you actually get what you paid for, plus it is a hassle to keep bidding. Amazon is decent though,they will have those rare finds every ounce in a while

BackFire
Yes, Shaun of the Dead is worth an instant purchase, that movie is pure gold. It's hilarious, got good gore at times and has a very very good pace. One of the better zombie movies I've seen.

Lord_Andres
I know what you mean BF, I don't trust Ebay either, anyway you guys should deffently check out this onlline DVD horror strore, has some very rare titles that you might be intresting in

www.revok.com

Dario Argento
You should have bought Eraserhead instead of Shaun.. YOu can always buy Shaun but Eraserhead is really difficult to find.

BackFire
No, I can't always buy Shaun. It's more difficult to find here in the states then Eraserhead. Besides, I've seen some of Eraserhead, it was slow and rather boring.

Dario Argento
OK.. I have never seen Eraserhead but I really want to.

Didn't know Shaun was so difficult to find in the states.

eggmayo
i trust ebay. its my friend. i got evil dead 4 disc for only a fiver (8 dollars) !!!!

Cowboyography
hey BF is this Salo?

http://www.bestprices.com/cgi-bin/vlink/790594666620IE?source=froogle

just curious if this is the american version?

Dario Argento
No.. that is not Salo

Cowboyography
Salo, is that flick about the kids in WW2? under Mussilini, something along those lines?

zombieman
Yes, that is Salo, now let us never speak of it again.

tabby999
noone will actually tell me what this movie is about. comeone, we're all adults here (i think)

Cinemaddiction
That's a candidate for "Quote of the Century". laughing

Stormy Day
I am shifty

Cinemaddiction
Quote of the Century candidate # 2.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.