Miramax signs new Bond

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Priestess

Ahnold
To quote Princess Leia: WHAT?!!!

PLEASE, for the love of GOD, tell me you're joking!!! Tell me it's not true!!! Tell me there is hope left in this world!!! Orlando Bloom as James Bond?!!! I ask you!!! Has the world gone crazy? Orlando Bloom is not a good actor people!!! He's downright AWFUL!!! He's wooden, and hammy, and just oh so WRONG for the part of James Bond!!! As Mugatu would say, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here!!! Why can't people SEE this?!!!

And JB: the college years? What in the HELL are the producers thinking? This is possibly THE WORST thing to happen to the JB series in years!!! At least Moore had charisma!!! At least Moore was witty!!! I even liked Moonraker, for goodness sake!!!

I mean - OH DEAR GOD NO!!!

Ahnold
Does no one else CARE about this crushing news?

Mr Zero
Ahahahahahah! Ahahahahah!

I peed myself.

Ahnold
I sincerely hope this IS a joke Mr. Zero...

Mr Zero
Nope. This is funny: Whats not to laugh at. A lousy actor in a terrible idea of a movie.

Mr Zero
DAMN! - even funnier - soon all the pre-teen orlando loving geeks will be swarming over here from the LOTR forum to fill your bond pages with "WE LOVE ORLI" threads.

Ahahahahah. too good.

The Redeemer
As long as it's not a canon film they can stick in it any turd they like... yes

Ahnold
According to reports, this is the direction the series is heading in!!!

Reborn Again
I have never heard of this site, nor have I heard of the author of this information. He does not site any sources and nothing is confirmed. I wouldn't believe him, folks.

Jedi Priestess
well reborn........its on TONS of sites now.....just do a search........

Reborn Again
Well, www.jamesbond.com doesn't even have this info. And that's the official site. It would be there first. This is merely a rumor. Post some of the sites that have this news.

Jedi Priestess
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/showbiz/articles/12157285?source=Metro

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/celebrity/3472004.htm

http://www.megastar.co.uk/ents/news/2004/07/27/sMEG01MTA5MDkxODU2ODE.html

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2004/0727/bloomo.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/news/entertainment/040727_orlandobloom.shtml

this is what I found.....but eh you may be right.....I have been wrong before in my life eek!

Evy_O
yeah well... luckily, I consider bond directors sane enough NOT to choose Bloom to be the next James Bond stick out tongue

these are hopefully JUST rumors eek!

but...

news about the new James Bond actor go to the official (kinda) thread here: who should be the new Bond?

smile

The Redeemer
Them big letters are blinding me, Evy...what was that you were saying? laughing out loud

Evy_O
wear glasses, I ain't posting it again stick out tongue

The Redeemer
I do...and they're still blinding me... stick out tongue

Evy_O
wait till I use the glow stick out tongue

POST in the OFFICIAL thread

The Redeemer
A neon glow...*TR dons his sunglasses*...er, yes Ms Evy...we's will do our best... raver

Evy_O
those are cool sunglasses you got there Mr TR raver

The Redeemer
I like 'em too...and you know what? It's says on the wrapper they can see through things... evil face

Evy_O
you mean they got X-Ray vision? eek!

The Redeemer
I can't be a wannabee 00 agent without seeing through things, now, can I??? eek!

Evy_O
you mean all 00 agents can see through things? it's like ... obligatory? eek!

The Redeemer
Yup...we can all the what's going on behind the scenes... wink

Evy_O
sounds fun, I'll demand an xray vision along with my 00 identity as well! happy

The Redeemer
Jeez...you're getting quicker at shooting back than ol' Yerss...and you telling him off for doing so... miffed wink

Evy_O
see, that's what happens when I get a little bit of how-to-post-fast exercise stick out tongue

The Redeemer
You mean stealth software??? What the f**k?

Evy_O
I mean what now? confused

Ahnold
The source for this, btw, is Aintitcoolnews: www.aintitcool.com

Praise the Lord! This rumour has been confirmed FALSE! I don't know why I didn't think of it before: MGM is the company that produces the bond films, right? And naturally they're never going to sell the rights to the franchise in a million years. So even if, hypothetically, Miramax was planning such a project with Orlando Bloom, it would never get the go ahead from MGM.

And thank goodness for that!

Ahnold
P.S. The site ALSO suggests who the new Bond is, though it hasn't been confirmed quite yet.

I'll give you all a clue - this guy has a HULKING presence...

Got it yet?

Sure?

It's Eric Bana...

Evy_O
eek! I dunno if that info is acurrate, but I like Eric Bana much much much happy

Jedi Priestess
well thank god for this news. OB is not Bond material.

Ahnold
Absolutely not!

Evy_O
I think we all agree on that happy

yerssot
Djee guys! OF COURSE it's false! I'm actually rather disappointed you didn't got that straight away!

the rights, up to my knowledge, for bond are EXCLUSIVELY for MGM and Broccoli. They got the rights from Flemming who gave it (he wrote it in his will) to his editor.
So... NO movies about his youth, NO Orlando Babyface Bloom

Ahnold
And thank god for that!

yerssot
yeah, but rumors never die ... like Tomorrow wink

Ahnold
What's Tomorrow Never Dies? I only call it by its proper name, Tomorrow Never LIES. Silly press secretary and her typo ...

yerssot
but it has a nice meaning now

Ahnold
If nonsensical ...

yerssot
it's my opinion after all wink

and tomorrow does never die ... does it?

Ahnold
Except when it's over ...

yerssot
you're such a pessimist

Ahnold
It's true though ...

yerssot
but if diamonds are forever, then the world can't die wink

Ahnold
Actually, some scientific studies have shown that diamonds can be shattered if pressure is applied in a certain direction. So technically, if you think about it, diamonds aren't really forev ...

Oh, what do I know? Of course the world can't die! Of course ...

yerssot
*sighs of relief* I just knew it happy

have you heard about Bloom being Bond? oh wait... that's the topic of this thread...what a joke stick out tongue

Ahnold
Thank goodness!!! I should've known better - if it were true, there would be clear-cut signs: permanent darkness, owls hooting incessantly, blood weeping from the walls, that kinda thing. Shame on me ...

yerssot
well, the blood is on the wall, but there are no owls in Los Organos

Ahnold
There's BLOOD on your wall blink ? But why would there be ... gasp! Are you the notorious yerss "the drill" valesquez, the most notorious criminal in Europe, reported to have drilled into the brains of over 35 people eek! ?

yerssot
yeah, my knife slipped shifty yes, those people claimed that Bloom would be the new Bond, I needed that out of their head wink

Ahnold
We all did ...

yerssot
did believe it, or?

Ahnold
We all needed it out of our heads stick out tongue

yerssot
I take only 12 year old girls believed it ?

Ahnold
Um ... of course angel

Kaleanae
I don't know if somebody already posted this but I saw somewhere that Julian McMahon messed (He appears in a show called Niptuck) is very serious in being the next James Bond and that he is already being considered for the job messed

yerssot
yeah, actually Kal, he's mentioned in a thread elsewhere smile

it's great to see you're still ontop of things happy

Ahnold
Now now yerss, play nice ...

yerssot
I was playing nice messed I was really happy she still took time to follow the news messed

Ahnold
Sorry ... thought you were being sarcastic embarrasment

yerssot
I wouldn't dare to be sarcastic to Kal sad

Ahnold
Oh ... erm, sorry.

yerssot
hey, I would have said the same if I were you wink

yerssot
Miramax was set to publish a series of 'Young James Bond' novels in spring 2005 together with Ian Fleming Publications. According to The Post, Miramax executives will not comment on the division's future.

(read http://www.mi6.co.uk/news/index.php?itemid=1693 for more)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.