Rammstein

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Aini
I love them!
what about you guys?

their new single (don't know if it's out anywhere else yet) "mein Teil" is about that armin meiwes that canibal dude who found somebody at the internet, who agreed in being killed and eaten.
a lot of ppl say it's disgusting that they made a song about that.
but they said :
"isn't it worse to eat a pig which wasn't asked if it wanne die."
...and I agree with that. and wouldn't it been worse if he just had killed somebody who didn't wanted to die.
of course, I agree that they both were sick but if that dude wanted to die, who am I to forbid that.

lil bitchiness
They have great videos, i love the darkness in them. thumb up

RebelPhoenix
I used to really like Rammstein but now even though I love the industrial music I've grown tired of his monotone vocals. I haven't listened to anything of theirs in a while though so they might have changed/evolved...

loserib
holy shit where did you hear the new song i ****ing love ramstien i even now some of the trasnlations of their songs and saw them a year or two ago on the poa tour with slipknot and system of a down

Darth Revan
Rammstein are a good band yes rock

Aini
i am german! it's out here.
...if you want i can translate songs you don't have. but I don't think it's easy to translate it cause many things have double meaning or another meaning, you csan't just translate their songs word by word if you want to get the meaning out of it.

loserib
that rocks the only two i have tanslated are du hast and angle
do you now any place i can download the new song

Darth Revan
Isn't Du Hast one such song with double meaning? confused

finti
I like the fact that they sing in their native tounge, makes them kind of specials. But I must agree with RebelPhoenix he has a very monotone voice so one song at a time is enough for me

Aini
they will release "mein teil" on august 30th every else.
no sorry, I don't know where you can download the song. since I never download anything my computer and internet connection is just to f*ck up. just PM me or tell me here which songs you wanne know and I translate em for you.yes

and yes Darth Revan "du hast" has double meaning.
du hast - you have / you hate
du hast mich - you hate me
du hast mich gefragt - you have asked me

Aini
if I buy the single I can e-mail it to you loserib.

Fearnix
they are pretty good

Bierbommetje
Little point in making a new thread on this so ill just ask here.

Anybody got the new album yet?

Ive downloaded it through SoulSeek and its got some good songs on it, but some are a bit rubbish.

Opinions?

My fave songs are:

Reise, reise
Mein Teil
Los
Amerika

Bierbommetje
Got the album yesterday and its starting to grow on me

Its not there best but its a good album

Df02
Amerika is actually the worst song ive ever heard

amity75
I agree. Though I saw them in concert a few years ago and was impredded by their flamethrowers.

LordMortis
rammstein are one of my all time fave bands! I love mein teil, and, even tho the song isnt great, the video for amerika is nothing but the best lol. Recently seen the live aus berlin dvd and got hold of the sehnsucht album which i listen to none stop atm. Yet to pick up reise reise but it's on my to do list heh.

lil bitchiness
I actually love song Amerika. I love the video too.

They have changed their soud a little on the new album, but i still think its excellent.

Bierbommetje
Yeah, Amerika is defintely one of there best songs to date imo

You just need to turn the bass up and put it on at volume 10, then wait for the verse to end and the brilliant drum intermission... then *KABOOM* "We're all living in Amerika"... thats the way Rammstein should be played big grin

Filth
I think i have the new album is it called "Flugrekodder Nicht Offnen" if so i have it smile

MildPossession
I absolutely love Rammstein, excellent music.

wicker_man
Myself and a couple of mates are going to see them early next year, can't wait.

Bierbommetje
There new album's called Reise, Reise

It has totally grown on me now, and the only song I really don't like is Ohne Dich... just totally cliche love ballad. The rest just kicks ass.

Filth
Does anyone hear (like me) not under stand a f**king word thay say but still think they f**king rock?

LordMortis
*raises hand* yes

Bierbommetje
www.herzeleid.com has translations to their songs. Though not perfect, it's understandable.

MildPossession
I did German at school so can understand quite a bit, not much though. I just got the translations when I first got whatever album and read them while listening to the music.

Darth Revan
I love Rammstein. I think it's pretty cool that the guy sings in German, but people still know them and they have a good fan base in English-speaking countries. thumb up

SlipknoT
I do. I'm taking German this year so I can at least understand some of what they're saying.

Alpha Centauri
I know a few parts. There's sites with translations also.

I sing along to what I think they are saying despite not knowing how to speak German. Music is the universal language. No matter where it's written and made, you can understand it to some degree.

-AC

Bierbommetje
I think German sounds better then English in some ways. It sounds darker and more comical at the same time.

wicker_man
I suppose Rammestein in particular can contribute that to the lead singers deep vocals, particularly from an English speaking perspective the songs and the atmos do present not only what are they saying but why are they saying it.

Alpha Centauri
It does, without trying to diss the language of course.

Till says "nippel lecken" in "Mutter". Very funny.

-AC

Bierbommetje
Yeah, it's also got to do with Till's voice, the way he sings (or more grunts) most of the verses is both dark and comical.

ragesRemorse
Isnt this that one band, that had that one hit song in America that no one could understand? LOL...naw im playin, if i could speak German, i am sure i would dig Rammstein

Filth
The german language sounds much darker than english smile

Bierbommetje
The German language is one of the coolest in the world imo smile

Filth
Agreed, i wish i could of done german at school

Bierbommetje
Uh, no, it's called Reise, Reise but it's the same record wink

It's printed sideways so a lot of people think its Flugrekorder Nicht Offnen. The cover's suppose to be a plane's blackbox, and it says Flightrecorder, Don't open in German.

EDIT: Hmm, my post doesnt really make sense now confused

Filth
O well i have that album then, good album 2 track is the best smile

eezy45
Monotone Vocals?

Well, their new Album is out since a short while now and it's everything but monotone....

Gotta love it

eggmayo
Dude, I love Rammstein.

Bierbommetje
Yeah, its quite a diverse album, for Rammstein, but the vocals ARE quite monotone, but I'm not bothered by that at all. Though I have to say that Reise, Reise offers possibly the least monotome vocals, but thats mainly due the the effects put over them on some songs.

But monotone or not, Rammstein still rule in my book.

Alpha Centauri
Bringing this thread back coz Rammstein rule.

What's everyone's fav song?

-AC

tabby999
Du Hast has one of the coolest riffs ever, but i love nearly all of their songs so picking a single one is pretty hard.

Victor Von Doom
I don't really have a favourite.

Ich Will was best live.

StinkFist462
i thought Spiel Mit Mir was best live ... my fav song though has to be uhh ... Mein Hertz Brennt or Adios , adios .. gotta love that slow fast thing going on , mein hertz ... gotta love that opening MEIN HERTZ BRENNT

Alpha Centauri
Got the new album Stinkfist?

-AC

StinkFist462
yes .. dont like it as much as the rest of them

Alpha Centauri
I think it's their best stuff.

-AC

loserib
i wish they would come back to the states

StinkFist462
yea that would own

tabby999
when they played Big Day Out a few years back, they didn't bring/got their pyrotechnics into aus late and they had no fire or flamethrowers for whole tour, apparently their live shows not even slightly as good without fire going everywhere

eggmayo
Sehnsucht is a cool song.

Storm
I have to go with Ich Will.

PunisherFan33
even though i dont understand what they are saying i just like the guitar riffs rock

Aini
...there are soo many....
Sonne
Mein Herz Brennt
Du Hast
Ich Will
Rammstein
Du Riechst So Gut
Spiel Mit Mir
Seemann
Mutter
....too many..

StinkFist462
im liking Reise Reise more than ever

Moskau , Ohne Dich , Amour ...

Patient_Leech
Bump.

Been on a big Rammstein kick with the release of their 2019 album.

"Radio" and "Puppe" are a couple favorites from the new release.

Patient_Leech
Two of their epic new videos...

(may or may not be entirely SFW)

NeQM1c-XCDc&has_verified=1

z0NfI2NeDHI

riv6672
These guys are still going?!?

NICE!
I was a fan of the band back in the early 00s.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by riv6672
These guys are still going?!?

NICE!
I was a fan of the band back in the early 00s.

Yeah, check out the videos I posted. They're impressive as f#ck. The video for "Deutschland" is like a top-notch film production, crazy elaborate. Both amazing videos. I like "Radio" better as a song, though.

(I actually need to go back and watch their older videos, because I doubt I've seen many of them.)

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Two of their epic new videos...

(may or may not be entirely SFW)

NeQM1c-XCDc&has_verified=1

z0NfI2NeDHI

riv6672
I enjoyed your videos, they got me all pumped! eek!

Eon Blue
Mutter was their best album.

Patient_Leech
Yeah, Mutter is good. It's hard to go wrong with Herzeleid or Sehnsucht, too.

The new one is really, really good, though. It's growing on me a lot. It's definitely a grower. thumb up

riv6672
A grower eh? Makes me wish you were a shower.

Patient_Leech
A grower eh? Makes me wish you were a shower.

Gif removed. I would have warned you but that was kind of funny. Please don't post that type of image in the future.

Nemesis X
Speaking of Rammstein, check out their latest music video that's also a videogame trailer.

y-1Q86252hg

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Badabing
Gif removed. I would have warned you but that was kind of funny. Please don't post that type of image in the future.

Fair enough. My bad, I somehow forgot it's a relatively family friendly place. But needless to say I couldn't resist because it was amusing. Won't happen again. thumb up

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Speaking of Rammstein, check out their latest music video that's also a videogame trailer.

y-1Q86252hg

I don't think that's an official video as it's an old song, but I enjoyed it none the less. Thanks for posting.

Good article here...

Sehnsucht at 20: How Rammstein Stood up Against Hate

I didn't know that the song "Links" was actually a response to accusations of being some sort of Right-wing Neo Nazis. They do like their double-meaning puns.

Surtur
Ich Will!

Eon Blue
Favorite song by them is Spieluhr, followed by Engel.

riv6672
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Fair enough. My bad, I somehow forgot it's a relatively family friendly place. But needless to say I couldn't resist because it was amusing. Won't happen again. thumb up
Sad part is, i didn't even see what you posted! laughing

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Eon Blue
Favorite song by them is Spieluhr, followed by Engel.

Those are very good ones. My list of favorites would be very long, can't just choose 1 or 2. Pretty much any song they use pyro for live.. big grin

Some of my favorites...

Sonne
Ascher zu Ascher
Links
Spielhur
Engel
Spiel Mit Mir
Mein Teil
Dalai Lama
Mehr
Te Quiero Puta
Radio
Weit Weg
Das Modell
Du Hast
Keine Lust
Moskau
Rammstein
Herzeleid
Tier
Feuer Frei

Sad part is, i didn't even see what you posted! laughing

Yeah, I wish he had at least added a description of the gif I posted. It was a clip from a Rammstein show of a giant penis shooting foam onto the crowd. But it was too hot for TV I guess. The penis was somewhat anatomically accurate.

Surtur
Only song I know is Ich Will.

Holy shit the video on youtube for it has nearly 150 million views lol.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Surtur
Only song I know is Ich Will.

Holy shit the video on youtube for it has nearly 150 million views lol.

Hm... I'm not one of them. I haven't seen it yet. I'll try to remedy that soon. I'll post it to remind myself...

EOnSh3QlpbQ

I almost forgot another of my favorites, the first song on their first album. Here it is from the Live Paris performance...

vqnk9HWbKRA

BadMojoScootr
every song of them ist wundabar

Patient_Leech
So Rammy has basically become my favorite band. I only wish I lived in Europe to see them live. sad

Patient_Leech
I bought a bunch of Ramms+ein merch for my birthday...

Here is one of the shirts...

big grin

Patient_Leech
The new Lindemann album is good. It's SOOO much f#cking better than the first one, which is crap. I have trouble even enjoying it as a guilty pleasure. It's just bad. But this one is good. It's all in German this time instead of all (bad) English...

5FWue8UsX7A

DeadpoolXXX
Rammstein peaked at du hast. lets be real.

thumb up

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by DeadpoolXXX

thumb up

NemeBro
Originally posted by DeadpoolXXX

thumb up No, Sonne is their best song.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by NemeBro
No, Sonne is their best song.

It's very hard for me to pick one song, but Sonne is definitely up there.

It's definitely a favorite. It probably helps that they use a lot of pyro for it live...

https://cdn.mdr.de/sachsen/dresden/dresden-radebeul/rammstein-konzert-dresden-pyroshow-100-resimage_v-variantBig1xN_w-960.jpg

Patient_Leech
New video for what is probably my favorite song from the new Lindemann album. I love this song. The video is pretty good, kinda gangsta. Enjoy...

Oh, yeah... NSFW

imeLupGE9bc

Patient_Leech
Rammstein has just teased a North America tour on their official site!

I'm so fu#king psyched.

Patient_Leech
Waiting for the dates to be announced...

RAMMSTEIN's 10-City North American Tour To Be Officially Announced This Week

RAMMSTEIN 2020 tour cities:

* Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
* Mexico City, Mexico
* Minneapolis, Minnesota
* Los Angeles, California
* San Antonio, Texas
* Chicago, Illinois
* Montreal, Quebec, Canada
* Foxborough, Massachusetts
* Washington D.C.
* East Rutherford, New Jersey

Of course I live in the Southeast and they're completely avoiding it. roll eyes (sarcastic) So I'm planning not one, but two road trips.

Patient_Leech
F#ck yes...

Patient_Leech
I just bought tickets for a couple friends and me in Washington DC! big grin

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

https://media1.tenor.com/images/ad8795b2aa5b831219b9adc961cfc551/tenor.gif

Patient_Leech
So in case anyone is not following the situation: The DC show was cancelled (not rescheduled like the rest of the North America dates). So lucky me. But I was refunded and have instead purchased tickets for Chicago 2021. Planning to make it sort of a Family vacation for September 2021.

Oh my fu#king god I can't wait to see Rammstein.

Patient_Leech
Rammstein Announce New Album (follow up to 'Rammstein' 2019)

https://static.dw.com/image/50136952_303.jpg

There is a good side to the Coronavirus Pandemic. thumb up big grin

Huravill
I like the fact that they sing in their native tounge, makes them kind of specials.

Patient_Leech
So not Rammstein, but one of the guitarists' (Richard Kruspe) other bands, Emigrate, just released a new song and it's really cool...

Emigrate - Freeze My Mind

mGARgrFwFzE

Patient_Leech
Goddammit. Rammstein played a new song for only one person aboard the international space station... lol

But new music is coming soon...

https://festileaks.com/2021/10/nieuw-rammstein-album-in-2022-eerste-single-nog-dit-jaar

Oh, and the article is in German.. I had to translate it with my browser.

Patient_Leech
The newest Rammstein song is so good. And the video is really funny and entertaining, too...

hBTNyJ33LWI

I've already listened to the song probably 50+ times.. heh..

The new full album comes out in 9 days. big grin

Patient_Leech

Patient_Leech
It's so good, grows on me more each time I hear it. big grin cool

New video for Angst comes out tomorrow, I think..

Patient_Leech
EbHGS_bVkXY

ONj9cvHCado

Stealth Moose
Dicke Titten's video is probably what Til dreams about when he goes to sleep.

So far this album has been shaping up pretty good. I dig it.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Dicke Titten's video is probably what Til dreams about when he goes to sleep.

So far this album has been shaping up pretty good. I dig it.

Haha, I was surprisingly a little disappointed in that video. Only watched it once. But I love the song. Soooo good.

Yeah, I love the album. Armee Der Tristen, Zick Zack, OK, Angst, Dicke Titten are the highlights for me. Some of the tones achieved on Giftig have really grown on me too.

carthage
got into these guys (a long with Korn/Blink 182s discographies) a lot later in my life and damn they're a good band. I love the newest album

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by carthage
got into these guys (a long with Korn/Blink 182s discographies) a lot later in my life and damn they're a good band. I love the newest album

I've got Tix for 3 September in Chicago. I've waited like 3 years for this concert (thanks to COVID). I can't believe it's almost here.

What are some of your favorites from the new album, and in their discography in general?

carthage
Engel, Weisses Fleisch, Feurer Frei, Sonne, Reise Reise are all great tracks. From their newest I liked Armee der Tristen, Angst, Zick Zack. I remember seeing the video for Zick Zack and its just a damn good song with the hook and simplicity of the riffs

They put on a good show from what ive seen

Patient_Leech
Nice. Yeah, the Zick Zack video is an instant classic. I think you picked my three favorites from Zeit, also. I think I'd make it 4, though, and add Dicke Titten. Speaking of which, I think I never got around to posting the video here...

thJgU9jkdU4

Patient_Leech
I finally embark on my trip to see Rammstein tomorrow! Should be quite an adventure..

Patient_Leech
Rammstein has invaded the United States.

They played in Minneapolis on August 27th.

Next is Philly on the 31st.

Then I see them in Chicago on September 3rd! 😁

Patient_Leech
Saw 'em last night...

Patient_Leech
Soldier Field in Chicago...

Patient_Leech
https://townsquare.media/site/366/files/2022/06/attachment-rammstein_live_2022.jpg

Patient_Leech
https://loudandproud.it/site/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/Rammstein2022live1-1024x576.jpg

Patient_Leech
KBZ78Xwu_E8

Patient_Leech
4Igry20gPX4

Patient_Leech
New motherf$#&ing Rammstein music video. Makes me think of John Wick meets Immortals...

skl6N3zGv-s

carthage
Been playing them nonstop along with NIN this past 4 months, really. I remember seeing them on XXX way back in 2002 at 12 playing Feuer Frei and thinking they were the most insane thing. I also bought a Senhnsucht bootleg hoodie (their merch sells out super fast). I love these guys

Patient_Leech
New Till Lindemann solo work. He's split with his collaborator Peter, so now it's Till Lindemann instead of Lindemann...

mGrJml5nq0o

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.