jhon carpenter movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

m. myers
evil face Come on and talk about the movies of one of the best horror/science fiction film directors of all time. Talk about such classics as "Halloween","Vampires",to Escape from New york, and Escape from L.A.

Evil Dead
Halloween - decent flick........over rated though, nothing special.

Vampires - good flick. One of the better vampire pics out there......certainly the best recently.

Escape from New York - great flick.

Escape From L.A. - trash. Cheap knock off of New York....nothing to get excited over. They even managed to have Bruce Campbell play a role that I despised........that was hard for them to do.

They Live - Great! Cool little B-movie........

The Thing - Excellent film. One of the best of the early eighties.

m. myers
I agree with your comments on his movies. What did you think about the fog?

Evil Dead
eh.......quite honestly the fog didn't even register with me when thinking of Carpenter. The Fog isn't a very good flick..........it's alright to watch every few years or something but meh.........could have been much better.

m. myers
Did you ever watch "Big Trouble in Little china"?

m. myers
Anybody outh there know if carpenter is making a new film anytime soon?

zombieman
John Carpenter was my favorite director many years ago until he completely flew off the rails with the likes of 'The Ghosts of Mars'. I notice 'Prince of Darkness' hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet, what an underrated film!

m. myers
I agree that Carpenter totally f****d up with "Ghosts of Mars",has anyone read his book 'prince of darkness' by any chance its a really good book.

SlipknoT
I think his best movie is The Thing

m. myers
Out of "the thing" and "Escape from New York" which one would you recomend?

§nakehead
stephen king and m. kight shamilia are the best ( I cant spell his name)

m. myers
Its M. Night Shaymalan, and I agree he is the best because he is the only one making descent suspense films at the time. I've always liked Stephen King so I agree.

ragesRemorse
Stephen king movies are God awful. They have great concepts because there adaptations from his books, but they always end up becomming corny cheese flicks with bad writing. If only they would stick to the story. Shymallan is a good director and story writer, but it wont last forever, sooner or later he will break away from horror/suspense and it will break at the seems. John carpenter...yeah he has made some good horror movies that will stand the test of time and have become a staple for horror fans, but like craven he has yet to produce anything the least bit entertaining as of late and doesnt seem likely anytime soon. Though craven's next project, Alice seems a bit interesting

§nakehead
shamilies gonna end up doing slasher movies.

m. myers
I don't think that Shaymalan will do slasher films because his films are too psychological to become slasher flicks. I do agree that carpenter has to make something entertaining. But I always thought that carpenter was a better director than craven.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.