The First post on KMC.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sonofasaiyan
I was just wondering who, what and when the first post was made. What was it about???

BingaBonga
You know, I'm not really for sure, but I think that it was in the Lotr forum about Celebrian. I'm pretty sure it was in the Lotr forum.

§pearhead
I'm guessing in the star wars forum, seen as how this was SW at first messed

Fallen Jedi
yeah, that's what i heard. i heard that this was originally a star wars forum, but then it sorta expanded sooo here we are! big grin

SlickRick69
it was Tomb Raider... click this First Post

Ushgarak
The first posts don't exist any more- they were accidentally wiped back on the old EZboard server.

Discos
Naturally I would have said LOTR forum, but to be honest I actually posted at the "welcome" forum.

PrefectRonnykin
wowno expression

sonofasaiyan
Mmm...erm

dave123
my guess is this forum:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f2

since F2 means it was the seconds forum ever made (as F1 isn't a forum, and F0 doesn't exist)

Flying High
i didnt ever actually post in the welcome forum lol...

Ushgarak
Err, no, Movie Discussion was relatively late in the day. The first post would have been in the Episode II Forum; there was not even a GDF at first.

Jedi Priestess
and thats because Star Wars ROCKS!

Ushgarak
Yes. That and that it was the only forum to post in.

Jedi Priestess
^^^^^^
I like that answer better Ush! stick out tongue

Discos
laughing

for about 3 months I never strayed away from the Movie Discussion forum or the Movie Review forum - it was until 1 day a mod moved a LOTR thread of mine to the LOTR forum (from the movie review forum)....and I was like eek! oh yeah baby, a LOTR forum

Discos - and it is where I remain alot till this day

dave123
was it called KMC then?

Ushgarak
Nope. It was the message board for Raz's site Episode-ii.co.uk.

MC Mike
You ever try turning on Black as the forum style? messed

dave123
well it wasn't the first post on KMC then, was it no expression

Jedi Priestess
thats what I run ALL the time baby! All the sigs "pop"!

Ushgarak
Being that literal, there are NO posts on KMC, which is a site, not a board.

The question obviously meant the first post on this board.

The first post after this place merged with KMC... was most likely a Star Wars post as well, though maybe a GDF one.

Ushgarak
Actually, look at the back of the GDF or Episode II areas and you will see posts from mid to late 2000, though many of the 2000 posts and threads are long since kaput.

dave123
you were wrong Garak, just admit it stick out tongue

"there are NO posts on KMC"... suuuuuuuure wink

Ushgarak
Well, there aren't. KMC is a news website; you cannot put posts on it.

The only thing you can try and identify by post numbers around here is the first vbulletin post, which is basically meaningless.

dave123
so what are you posting on? the KMC forums

Ushgarak
Which are also the episode-ii.co.uk forums, Dave. Take a look at the black style, yeah? Same thing...

When you say KMC, you mean these boards. And the first post on these boards was four years ago.

dave123
any posts on the EpII board prior to it's merging wern't post on KMC... but any posts on KMC are part of EpII board if you get my drift

Ushgarak
No, you are wrong. The board didn't change into something else, they just became affiliated with KMC as well. The boards are a distinct entity from the KMC website; there has been no break in continuity. The Movie Discussion area predates the KMC affiliation, for example.

We were affiliated with three boards at one point, in fact, but that never changes what these forums are. The site KMC is just its biggest draw.

Jedi Priestess
<---------goes to get popcorn cause this is innerestin

dave123
my point is still that that wasn't on KMC... which it wasn't no it was on the EpII forums... not this one yes

Ushgarak
And my point, if you read, is that there are NO posts on KMC. Only posts on this board, which is currently affiliated with KMC. See?

No-one suddenly thought "Oh, now everything is different, now we are posting at a different board" when the affiliation happened.

dave123
i'm not arguing that point no expression i just want you to admit you were wrong and what you replied with was in no way relevant to the question asked stick out tongue

that's like saying "what was the first thing Neo said in Matrix Reloaded?" to which the response is "well in Revolutions he said..." stick out tongue

Ushgarak
What total balderdash! Only a fool would read it that way. The question was clearly about what the first post on this board was!

Hah! What nonsense...

dave123
the title says, and i quoet "The First post on KMC".... not 'The first post on some other board that isn't KMC'

Discos
LOTR dates about back to 2002,

Ushgarak
Two things, which I should not need to say but obviously you need careful guidance.

1. The reference to KMC, in itself meaningless, means 'these boards'. If the poster had asked what the first post after the affiliation to KMC was, that might have been different, but not only does the poster most likely not know about that, it is also not what the poster wants.

And it was NOT some other boards- that is just you babbling. These are the SAME boards.

2. Title aside, the opening post in this thread simply asks what the first post was. The first post. The first post on these boards was, again, over four years ago.

You have to understand, these boards are the same thing they have always been. no mattwer which reference you use to refer to them.

dave123
I thought LOTR was set hundreds of years ago?

sonofasaiyan
OK... This is getting a little crazy. Where is Raz???

dave123
"Title aside, the opening post in this thread simply asks what the first post was"
let's look at the post:

I was just wondering who, what and when the first post was made. What was it about???

and to WHICH forum is he referring to?

here's a hint for all of you without the intelligence to fathom it out

Ushgarak
Oh dear Dave, you are having trouble with common sense, aren't you?

First of all, the content of the first post of a thread is always a lot more important than the title, because that is where the actual question is asked.

Secondly, it is obvious to anyone with half a brain cell that the poster wanted to know what the first post on this board was.

Thirdly, these forums... do I have to state it again? I guess I do, as you have trouble reading it... these forums, that you are posting in right now, are over four years old. Geez!

Your clumsy attempts at humour really only highlight your own difficulties with intelligence at this point...

dave123
umm... since the first post is vague as to the forum he is talking about, the title is obviously enough to show us he means KMC, not the EpII one, which isn't mentioned at all in any of his posts or thread titles no expression you're just too big to admit that you were wrong

BackFire
The questions already been answered Dave, the first post was in the Star Wars section.

Ushgarak
Well, I am certainly not in the habit of saying I am wrong when I am not. You certainly have a problem coming to terms with your ignorance, though.

For what seems like the 5000th time... there is NO SUCH THING as a division between the Ep.II boards and the KMC affiliated ones. They are the same thing! The question is about this forum! Which is... again! Over four years old.

dave123
but you are wrong stick out tongue any posts on the EpII board prior to its merging are not posts on KMC at all no

and if KMC merged with EpII, then surely there were posts on KMC in (for example) the GDF.... THEN it was merged

Ushgarak
No. Because there WAS no KMC board, and no literal merge. All that happened is that this board- again, this one here- became affilated with a second site, KMC, which began linking to it. Nothing else! There are no 'KMC only' posts anywhere. It is just this board here.

What part are you having difficulty with?

dave123
i don't understand the bit where you keep contradicting yourself..... it's almost like you don't know what you're on about?

Ushgarak
Like I say, the 'merger' is not literal. We only called it that because Raz and Zed started working together. But the boards- nothing important changed. We got a new high level mod, a new style, and a new website that was linking to us. That's all.

You're the one who obviously does not have the slightest what he is on about. But there you go- your folly has now been exposed, the question answered, and that is that.

dave123
whatever, I have better things to do than argue with someone who pulls out paragraphs in response to my senteces and contradicts himself so he MUST be right happy since nothing to you is "literal" then you can just say what you want and you must be right since you obviously know what the thread maker meant, even though the title says otherwise

Ushgarak
(shrugs)

Feel free to get all pissy just because you were talking in ignorance; makes no difference to me. Fact is, I have answered the question the thread starter wanted answered, and did so accurately.

Fact also is, you were under the mistaken impression that there were two different message boards before the KMC affiliation, and that so asking about KMC meant asking about something other than the early posts of this board- you were wrong. Sorry, but there you go.

BackFire
Ush is right, just becuase the original SW forum happened to join forces with KMC and get a face lift doesn't mean it's an all new forum. It's the same forum it's always been, just with a new color scheme and some new boards.

sonofasaiyan
Guess my quest for an answer has proven futile and fruitless.confused

MC Mike
Here, have some grapes then. Those a fruit. eat

sonofasaiyan
Thanks MC Mike.

MC Mike
wink laughing out loud

Raz
The very very first post was deleted in June 2000 sometime, by accident of course - but I'm guessing it was some sort of welcome message.

The first post by date that is actually present on the boards is here: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=5937#post5937

dave123
that's a terrible first post sad

*is depressed*

sonofasaiyan
Thanks Raz.

lil bitchiness
Hehe! Its very Star Warish, which is suitable for a first post for this site! happy

angelsflame265
how do i find my first post? is it possible?

sonofasaiyan
Yea I know.

Korri
something matrix related last year

Agent Elrond
best bet is to find the date u joined and look waaay back in the first forum u think u posted in and hope u find it. I haven't found mine yet. It's some where back in the matrix forum, somewhere

Korri
stick out tongue

Agent Elrond
Oct 25 is when I joined, but I don't think I posted that day. I'll find it

Korri
13th June, i posted something im sure messed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.