Skeletor vs Ghost Rider

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Red Superfly
OK, I thought it was about time we has a VS. topic that would pose serious questions as to who would actually win. Not to mention the two involved in this one are BAD-ASS.

So - who would win then?

Please don't just post a one word/sentence answer. At least try and inspire an arguement here.

When you look at both characters, they have a few similarities, being two characters based on otherworld/magic/cult type powers.

Mane
hmm...well Skeletor can take He-Man...you know tbh, i think Skeletor could do it

Red Superfly
He-Man can take Skeletor too.

Here's what Ghost Rider can do:

- Superhuman strength, speed and durability

- Penance Stare, forcing criminals to experience a level of emotional pain equivalent to that which they have caused in others

- Mystical hellfire motorcycle

Now to me, his Penance Stare is most useful against Skeletor. Think about how much pain he would inflict upon Skeletor just by looking at him.

FeceMan
What *exactly* are Skeletor's powers? I'm a person of straight-up facts, which is why I had a bit of a hard time understanding Darkness' powers right away.

Red Superfly
Skeletor seems to have telekinesis, and the ability to control matter itself. His powers are also magnified whenever he has his staff.

So he's able to manipulate atoms I guess. He was able to fuse two of his henchmen together in the same body, and can lift and throw things around pretty easily. This would cause danger to a lot of superheroes, but seeing as Ghost Rider is from another plane of existence, normal physics don't normally apply to him.

Skeletor could rip Spider-Man or Superman apart I bet, seeing as he's magical and has the ability to control physics. Ghost Rider is very different, and his powers can protect himself from harm.

I'm guessing Skeletor would just have to throw stuff at him or something.

FeceMan
Then I'm afraid I'm going to have to go with GR. Can Skeletor rip a person apart (literally), like separate his arms from his body?

Red Superfly
Well I'm guessing so, from watching the TV show. He was able to splice two of his henchmen together - so it's obvious he can control the matter that holds us together.

FeceMan
If all he can do is throw stuff at GR, I'm afraid it's gg Skeletor. Unless he has some sort of weapon against spirits or something.

moshtitan
Skeletor sux.

Red Superfly
That was useful.........

Joker1237
I like Skeletor, When I was a kid, I was able to get He-Man action toy. But all the Skeletor's were sold out, I mean I was never able to get one as a kid. lol

I favor Skeletor, with the power of darkness, that and he has magic spells for almost anything. i sure he come up with a spell for a spirit??

moshtitan
i was just mesin around. Skeletor's cool. im just not a big Masters of the Unverse fan.

SUPERMANDAMAN
skelator has this one i think i mean he can beat he man and he man is is stronger than the Hulk i think.

Red Superfly
Is He-Man really stronger than The Hulk? Sounds like another vs topic to me.

Mane
no way! He-Man is on the level of The Thing, not Hulk.

Linkalicious
I'd give this one to Ghost Rider, unless Skeletor gets his purple Panther as a mode of transportation...

(since GR gets his bike)

Alpha Centauri
Ghost Rider man.

Skeletor is armed with like the most scary facial laugh ever. When you see him laugh in the old cartoon it was freaky. Coz he had no facial expression.

-AC

Red Superfly
That's not true. Having seen a few episodes of He-Man, I know how strong he is.

He seems to be on-par with Hulk, maybe a little less powerful.

There was a scene with a big (I'm talking skyscraper) tall monster made from bones. It smashed He-Man into a wall with it's fist. He-Man, who was smaller than the size of the monsters hand, was able to push the monster away from him.

That's certainly Hulk-like power.

moshtitan
ya, maybe.

Black Spiderman
i think ghost rider would win

badsymbiote
Skeletor is killer. Not only is he smart and funny--every really great villain has a fantastic sense of humor--he can get others to do his bidding. The guy can just largely sit on his throne, watch his henchmen set everything up, then go in for the battle, which he invariably loses because he's evil. The good guy always wins in the tv shows--before any of you smart*sses tries to astutely point out that He-Man has, on occasion, been defeated by the boney ol' bad*ss, let me clarify the the bad guy may win a battle, but he never wins the war.

Alpha Centauri
Did Skeletor have a catchphrase besides "Yeeehhehehehehe"?

-AC

wolverine 101
i think ghost rider

SUPERMANDAMAN
Wow that is dumb ive seen he man throw i huge tower into the sun id like to see the thing do that.

Spawnie
Ok, it seems that the usual source of Skeletors powers is their home planet. But still Ghostie would have problems with Skeletor cuz he's not easy to catch. Indeed he is magical and because of it he might have the upper hand. There is still the factor that Skeletor has never in his lifetime encountered anything like Ghostrider. So no regular spells or magic that he usually uses could harm Ghostie. If Ghostie gets a grip on Skeletor, well lets just say that the penance wouldn't be leniant on him.

I say Ghostie all the way!

badsymbiote
Seems like he did, though I can't remember for sure. I'll have to search that database that is my brain. It's been a very, very long time since I've even thought about the show.

Mightyrain
Skeletor has my vote here.

He has vast knowledge of the supernatural. How powers like that of Ghost Rider exsist and are channeled. He has his Havok staff which is capable of emitting super powerful blasts and helps him direct his powers. He has his swords which he seems to be able to control with out even touching them... he also seems to have a telekenetic type power much like that of "the force" from Star Wars. He has a vast knowledge of magic spells and relics... He also has no eyes so I don't think the Penance stare would effect him... he wasn't able to be turned into stone by Snakeface because he has a lack of eyes... on the same note he has no neck, what ever advatage that would give him is unknown to me.

Mightyrain
agreed... just listen to He-man's description.. "The most powerful man in the universe"... Thing and Hulk are both Men (mutated yes... but still men) He-man is by his description automatically more powerful.

chilled monkey
I agree with Mightyrain; Skeletor is a powerful sorcerer and I believe he has summoned and controlled spirits, demons etc. He could probably use some kind of spell to take control of Ghost Rider. I also agree that the Penance Stare would not work.

Cosmo Kramer
ghost rider wins

nomsans
no. hulk is stronger than he man. he man is on par with thor.
ghost rider would massacre skeletor.

Mightyrain
how do you figure that the Hulk is more powerful then the "Most powerful man in the Universe"!?! Hulk is still a man... and if he doesn't hold the title that He-man already holds... then how is he stronger? And Thor is not a man... he's a god. Anyway what does that even have to do with Skeletor losing to Ghost Rider?

echomanga1
I think the winner would depend on the situation, the time and place in which the fight occurs.
In the comic book series, when Zarathos, (the original Ghost Rider) had worshipers,
(check out the issue with the 'City of 10,000 Souls')
the more believed, the more powerful he became, theoretically in this way he has no limits.
Also it was mentioned very early in the series, that his flame could become solidified into any shape, more than simply a motorcycle.
When he had a large number of worshipers, instead of burning souls, he could consume them. So if Skeletor has a soul, it would be incinerated.
Finally, his original form was that of a huge animated stone figure.
Such was his power at one time, that he could even animate stone.
if Skeletor, who I admit is a powerful wizard, where to encounter The
Ghost Rider like this, I think Skeletor would have to summon all his supernatural allies in order to have a chance to win.
However Marvel dumbed down his power later, so that no mention of burning people was made any more and it was replaced by a simple 'stare'. Perhaps it was considered too controversial, because he also went from being a bona fide demon, to as Marvel now describes it,
'A magical being from a mystical dimension'
Demon is taboo I guess.
So it all depends which Ghost Rider takes on Skeletor.
The earlier Ghost Rider I think pretty much had the battle in the bag,
but the later, more politically correct Spirit of Vengeance would have his work cut out for him.

Kurash
movie skeletor wins, hed one shot ghost rider

Kurash
check out my pic by the way

Priest
Ghost Rider ftw.

guy222
Originally posted by Priest
Ghost Rider ftw.

Blaze yes

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by echomanga1
I think the winner would depend on the situation, the time and place in which the fight occurs.
In the comic book series, when Zarathos, (the original Ghost Rider) had worshipers,
(check out the issue with the 'City of 10,000 Souls')
the more believed, the more powerful he became, theoretically in this way he has no limits.
Also it was mentioned very early in the series, that his flame could become solidified into any shape, more than simply a motorcycle.
When he had a large number of worshipers, instead of burning souls, he could consume them. So if Skeletor has a soul, it would be incinerated.
Finally, his original form was that of a huge animated stone figure.
Such was his power at one time, that he could even animate stone.
if Skeletor, who I admit is a powerful wizard, where to encounter The
Ghost Rider like this, I think Skeletor would have to summon all his supernatural allies in order to have a chance to win.
However Marvel dumbed down his power later, so that no mention of burning people was made any more and it was replaced by a simple 'stare'. Perhaps it was considered too controversial, because he also went from being a bona fide demon, to as Marvel now describes it,
'A magical being from a mystical dimension'
Demon is taboo I guess.
So it all depends which Ghost Rider takes on Skeletor.
The earlier Ghost Rider I think pretty much had the battle in the bag,
but the later, more politically correct Spirit of Vengeance would have his work cut out for him.

Since Skeletor does not have a soul to burn, this point is moot.

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by SUPERMANDAMAN
skelator has this one i think i mean he can beat he man and he man is is stronger than the Hulk i think.

Agreed. thumbsupdur

Kurash
skeletor and frank langella for the win

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.