Back To School ads

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Waggy the Dog
I just witnessed the 5th "back to school" ad in the past 45 minutes. I don't quite understand why the kids have to be subjected to this nearly a month {or more} away from school. Ads consisting of people getting equipment for school, be it, pencils to gym bags all the way to shoes, and lastly, haircuts.

You know, there is a reason why places around the world have more motivated kids than in the US and Canada.

Dogbert
It's all about the money.

Waggy the Dog
I am aware of that.
What I am saying is that: As a result of the ads, {without sounding too Mrs. Lovejoy-ish} the kids are becoming less motivated for schools.

Fire
it's idd a bit early waggy but here in belgium it even was on the news

Waggy the Dog
what?

the "back to school" topic was on the news?

Fire
yep

Trickster
What was the story...?

Fire
some stuff about financial aid

Trickster
Interesting. wink

Moo Cow
i dont really care about the back to school ads, becasue though i dont want to return to school, i love going school shopping happy cause if you dont kill all your stuff during the school year, you have all these cool things to play with at the end of the year eek!

its like christmas in july for me happy

GroundedAgain
well the ads jus started here and it's less than a month till skelw starts fer my friends (i dropped out)...they hafta go back august 19 so actually the ads are sum wat late but yes they do scare kids

Silver Stardust
Heh, whenever we went shopping for school supplies I'd spend most of the time looking for new sketchbooks and other art supplies...

...but this year I don't start school until the end of September (yay for college! I get an extra month of vacation!)

SlipknoT
I usually go shopping for supplies after about the 5th day of school laughing out loud

Yesterdays Gone
yeah same here, its not like you know what you need until your teachers tell you...by the time that comes around, all the stores are empty laughing out loud

botankus
I get all my supplies from the supply room at work for free. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.