Deja Vu.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alpha Centauri
What's the weirdest or most accurate one you've ever had?

What do you think of them in general?

-AC

Melkórë
In the Matrix, the two black cats....

Dexx
awh...this could go on forever smile

i have had many. And i cannot possibly find an explanation for them...a rational one anyway.

shaber
I have them all the time. A symptom of a monotonous lifestyle.

Corran
I get it a lot, sometimes just a quick flickering of Deja vu other times stronger. I had one last week and I was about 30 seconds ahead of everything for about 2 minutes, it was as wierd as anything I've ever experienced, I could see the situation unfolding and knowing what was going to be happening/said next right upto the point where I knew the phone was going to ring and told someone to answer it about 10 seconds before it rang.

Dexx
yes, i know what you mean.
the longer ones are even more peculiar.
during one of my day dreaming in the classroom sessions, what the teacher said seemd extremely familiar. then i could actually know what she was going to say erm

Reborn Again
Haven't I visited this thread before?

Corran
laughing out loud

Jedi Priestess
Oooooooooo I get these and it creeps me out! I wonder what causes this?

sonofasaiyan
Deja Vu isn't real, it's an illusion. The mind only makes it feel that way. I liked Groundhog's day though. Bill Murray kicks ass.

finti
yeah it is a trick of the mind

Dexx
well..nobody proved that. so...i might as well consider it a remnant of man's premonition power. (which i hardly consider big grin )

BackFire
How does the mind "trick" you into knowing what's going to happen before it happens?

I get DejaVu all the time, got it last night actually.

Alpha Centauri
"Haven't I visited this thread before?"

I knew you'd say that.

I never have them where I can tell events such as phones ringing. It's almost always what people will say or their actions.

-AC

Arachnoidfreak
Same, I will sometimes "see" a person before meeting them for the first time...if that makes sense. No, it doesn't, but whatever.

NyC-gUrL
^yeah I had that once, that creeped me out no expression

WindDancer
I think Deja Vu's originated in dreams. Maybe we dream then forget, and when we experience something similar to the dream we get that feeling. I have Deja Vu's and after I experience them I start to remenber a dream I once had. Pretty obscure stuff.

Into the Void
WindDancer: Same here. It's some freaky shit.

WindDancer
Is call the UNKNOWN....stick out tongue

Silver Stardust
I've had deja vu many times...it's really weird, but really cool. When I get it it's anywhere from knowing what someone's going to say a few seconds before they say it to knowing the phone's going to ring before it actually does, to starting to sing a song and it come on the radio a few seconds later (that last one happens to me a LOT). And then there was the time that I had a dream that one of my teachers was going to quit, and then the next day at school we found out that she had just decided to leave without any prior notice.

Alpha Centauri
It's so shit how you can dream you'll be speaking to someone and then in a few days you will and you'll also know what they'll say, or something similar.

Yet the dreams you most want to come true, don't.

The absolute nastiest gut feeling is when you have a dream and in it, something awesome happens and you start living in the dream. Everything becomes so real that you physically start feeling the effects. Then you wake up and still think you are in that situation and realise you're not. It's horrid.

-AC

Into the Void
Oh dude, I ****ing HATE that.

Punkyhermy
I think it's a way of God telling us something about to happen. I had this one deja vu on a very, very special occasion.Something I didn't even think possible...

Into the Void
I think we are all screwed when we die, and we reach Heaven, and find out that God does exist, but he's a monkey. blink

Punkyhermy
You are not very religious are u?!
it shows...

Into the Void
No, no I'm not. Why should I be?

lil bitchiness
Ok, Deja Vu - basicly it happenes because one of your eyes moves at the moment much much faster than the other eye, and when your other eye catches up, it makes your brain think that you have seen a paticular event or a place before.

Thats the scientific explanation of Deja Vu.

Into the Void
That isn't true for every instance. How would they explain knowing someone before you meet them?? Science isn't 100% accurate when it comes to things like ESP.

WindDancer
Might not be God....it could be our Guardian Angels. wink

Alpha Centauri
Considering we use 3% of our minds, that's another 96% of our already extremely powerful minds that isn't being used.

We could probably create whole realities if we had control over the rest.

-AC

Into the Void
(I thought it was 30%, when did it change?)

Reborn Again
30% of our minds? Woah? That's alot. I thought it was 5%? 30% is God intelligence and super psychic abilities. Our mind is a storage vessel where wonderment and unusual things happen. Science has proven that during deja vu, the brain shuts down for less than a fraction of a second to recharge, and when it turns back on, we look around in the same place our brain left us and we believe we have been here or done something before whereas we are during it now. Some believe that deja vu are echoes of a past existence where Time has started over, reversed itself, the big bang -- the big implosion, and we are living everything all over again. Who knows.

Into the Void
Well, I had read somewhere a while ago that humans DON'T use 70-75% of their brains, therefore I assumed the percentage IN use is 25-30%

Hey, I could be wrong, who knows? or cares?

Reborn Again
Maybe you got confused somewhere. Oceans cover 70-75% of the world. We only use 5% at the most of our grey matter. Some even less. wink

Into the Void
It's possible. No big deal. At least now I know the right information.

Dexx
i also knew that we used about 5-7% of our brains. but that indeed seems a little low. 30 sound more reasonable. either way...there is definitely a part left fot developing into who knows what

that is hardly an explanation. moving an eye quicker than the other does not have repercussions on my perception of intervals of time. because i know (or feel, anyway) that i've had this experience i;m living now SOME time ago....as in, not 2 seconds ago.

besides..do you think one eyed people don't have deja vus? stick out tongue

Alpha Centauri
It's all fun till someone loses an eye. Then it's humour with impaired vision.

Seriously though, there's literally millions of reasons most likely, as to why things happen. If we don't know why, we're never gonna have a scientific explanation.

-AC

lil bitchiness
I didnt come up with that theory, its what i have been thought at my anatomy class.

Your brain makes you believe you have seen the paticular thing or an event before when one eye moves quicker than the other, it has nothing to do with time. Its the brain function.

Just like dreaming is, you think you dream for hours on end, when in fact your dream lasts a minute tops, therefore ''some time ago'' means nothing in this case.

I wouldnt know if one eyed people have deja vus since i never met one and asked, i have however met people who never had a deja vu, and to whom its pretty hard to explain what it actually is.

Storm

brandino
quote:
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
It's so shit how you can dream you'll be speaking to someone and then in a few days you will and you'll also know what they'll say, or something similar.

Yet the dreams you most want to come true, don't.

The absolute nastiest gut feeling is when you have a dream and in it, something awesome happens and you start living in the dream. Everything becomes so real that you physically start feeling the effects. Then you wake up and still think you are in that situation and realise you're not. It's horrid.

-AC

dumbass thats a premanition and to clear deja vu up

Dejavu is a fualt of mind where you think it did but you feel as if its happened before but you mind makes it twice it didnt happen more then once and when we have premanitions its something stupid that would have happened ne ways (most of the time ive had some well lets not talk about those)

Alpha Centauri
Did you just call me a dumbass?

Maybe you better look at what you typed buddy:

"dumbass thats a premanition and to clear deja vu up

"Dejavu is a fualt of mind where you think it did but you feel as if its happened before but you mind makes it twice it didnt happen more then once and when we have premanitions its something stupid that would have happened ne ways (most of the time ive had some well lets not talk about those)"

No punctuation, appalling spelling, talking bullcrap on top of it all.

Premonitions are a forewarning of the future. Deja vu's are when you experience something without it actually happening for the first time yet.

Secondly, I never stated what I posted was either a deja vu nor a premonition.

So check yourself next time, "dumbass".

-AC

BRT
I believe you can not see the future if one of your eyes catches up faster then another or if your brain mistakes "now" for "past".

As "some believe" that Deja Vu is a glimp of our true, normal state of mind, when we see the future, as good as we remember the past.

It is when you walk down the street and suddenly, for a split second, fall into a very interesting, sleepy, state of mind - you know that it has already happened. You "remember" that once you go around the corner, you would see that and that. You go around the corner and see it.

If we look at it with a more open mind... let's try remembering what this Deja Vu feels, or better how time feels during Deja Vu.

While in the state of Deja Vu, time feels like there are no "past", "now" or "future", but only one long... time.

If we try remembering ourselves at the age of 2 or 3, I believe we felt time different then we do now. It felt more like it does in the state of Deja Vu, rather then normal "past", "now" and "future", didn't it?

Now the most interesting part-
Some people believe that there is such thing as "intuitive thinking", it is when you "remember" what will happen within an hour, as good as what has happened an hour ago.

That everybody is born with that kind of thinking, only when not used, it perishes at the age of 3 - 4. The part of brain responsible for it falls asleep.

Yet from time to time it awakens and asks if anybody needs it - this is what we call Deja Vu.

"These are pieces of your Divine possibilities. This is your fading memory of paradise, from which you dropped into this life. It is when you, in a life-long agony, for split seconds come to the senses and see the world in reality.

Understood the hint? Had just hinted you where is and how to get your pity billion, if you consider, that all happiness lies in money.

Now, not by accident, has spilled the beans about the main thing - about where to find answers to all your " why? ", " what to do when...? ", " how to be at... ", " how to act at... ". Continue yourself. "

Now seriously, if one man once can get, maybe by accident, into a state of mind where he "remembers" the future, it means that he can do it again, maybe even on purpose. And if one can do it, another also can do it. And if one can "see" 2 minutes into the future, why couldn't he "see" 5 or 10 minutes? Or, let's say, an hour, day or month? Imagine what would be your possibilities then? wink

brandino
i do anything for a argument Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Imaginary
Argument? Where? eek!

TX!
i have alot of deja vu's i mean ALOT and its probaly not normal but hey

BackFire
DEJA VU IS A GLITCH IN THE MATRIX!!!11

BackFire
Including breaking some very basic argumentative rules, I see.

BRT
Do you manage to get glimps of the future during this Deja Vus?

KharmaDog
I'm blind in my right eye, yet I still have Deja Vu's all the time. That kinda blows that theory outta the water.

Philosophicus
You're blind in your one eye? I guess you're King in the country of the blind then....no, just kidding. How do you manage to paint(you mentioned once that you're an artist) with the perspective impeded vision?

KharmaDog
I am blind in one eye, not both. Colour remains the same, the elements of design don't change, and technique is not affected by the loss of vision in one eye. I'm not sure I understand your question.

bpchlo
This is what I have heard. Deja Vu is basicly a "brainfart". The info enters your brain, but your brain doesn't process the tought completely. A slit second later when your brain actually does process what is going on it seems like the situation as happened before, but when in reality it is what is happening in present time. It is kind of like subliminal messages they put in movies. You can crave popcorn even though you never actually saw popcorn on the movie screen. I hope this makes sense. what do you think?

Imaginary
You crave popcorn because you just finished the box you were eating while watching the movie stick out tongue

Lydia_J
I get deja vu loads i once got it really bad, and i just got so confused that i flet like i was going to faint. For about a minute i just couldnt comprehend what was going on.

Jackie Malfoy
Me and my twin sister has alot of that.Very strange twin power too.JM

BRT
Lydia_J, Jackie Malfoy when you have this Deja Vus, try looking if you can see into the future. At least for some minutes... cool

peterKSL
Each time I have deja vu, I tried to see the future, as you have mentioned, by changing consciousness, I see nothing more... I think deja vu only occurs when you are subconscious....

ladygrim
i have many last one was last nite

i think deja vu is when you have a dream and it come true after you forget about it. lol just a theroy.

finti
well if you forget about it you wouldnt remember it so it wouldnt be familiar........................
rsa

peterKSL
Originally posted by 2864212
i think deja vu is when you have a dream and it come true after you forget about it. lol just a theroy.

THAT IS WHAT I THOUGHT TOO!! WHEN i WAS IN SCHOOL TODAY!! OMG... SUCH A COINCIDENCE...

finti
or your mind tricked you into believing so after you saw his post the first time

peterKSL
Nope... I was actually planning on posting it 6 hours ago... but I started playing games right after I got home stick out tongue

Reborn Again
Originally posted by peterKSL
Nope... I was actually planning on posting it 6 hours ago... but I started playing games right after I got home stick out tongue

So much for focusing your thoughts. laughing

peterKSL
That's my daily routine... games and KMC...

LordFear
Yeah that is a freaked out concept.
Could it be because we are the product of someone who is imaging or dreaming us therefore scenes are repetitive like a play or in a movie?
I don't know can't explain it but it's wild wild stuff!!!!

Reborn Again
What if our dreams is reality and reality are our dreams?

**head exploding**

blowup

nopity

debbiejo
Originally posted by Reborn Again
What if our dreams is reality and reality are our dreams?

*Then I'd want to wake up..I have some really bizarre dreams.

But what if your dreams are really peeks into another dimension?

peterKSL
Dreams are possible random events that appear in your subconscious mind... It all relates to coincidence for a dream to become a reality...

SnakeEyes
whenever it happens to me, its like i have had an event happen already, in a dream or something...

Lord_Andres
well maybe a little of the topic, but I dream all the time stuff that really come true after some time, can be 1 day even a year but lots of the stuff really happens, and somethimes I'm not dreaming at all, just thinkg about something anything, maybe after some years the EXACT thing happens, I then remember, that I long ago thought of that event, and many many times it has happend that I for example walk down the street and something happnes, and I remember that years ago I thought of that, or I was a picture of that, also one last thing is for example, last week, I was bored as hell, then was just about to call my friend, and just before I picked up the phone to call, he sent me a message, that has happend many times, also sometimes when i'm walking alone and wondering about diffrent stuff, like movies, maybe music, but then think of something that has happend a week ago like me and a frined talking on a random subject, the same person I think of calls me, that has happend many times too!

SaTsuJiN
sometimes a smell or a place will give me deja vu.. like when I was like 6 I walked into my friends hallway and I swore I had been there before.. later on I dreamt about a video game and didnt play that game til 3 years later.. deja vu is pretty interesting

Lord_Andres
yup same thing has happend to me, dreaming of something I have never had a chance to see, but later see it

Fire_Alchemist
Sometimes... WHen someone tells me something or when I see something I never saw... I feel like I already heard it or saw it... Weird.

Reborn Again
Originally posted by peterKSL
Dreams are possible random events that appear in your subconscious mind... It all relates to coincidence for a dream to become a reality...

Possible random events? fish

An event has an order to it, dreams do not. Dreams are images that play our like real life but are not bound by the physical laws of its universe. Most can not control what happens in a dream, but they are certainly not random events. Dreams excerise the subconscious into discarding some of the useless stuff are brain has collected over the course of the day. It's also a way for our brain to relay a message to from our subconscious to our conscious mind about something we have forgotten or other. But in a dream, the message is not said outright, it's played in a weird set of images or an experience perceived by how we see ourselves. And a dream is not bound by reality, sometimes we have superpowers or other, to get the message across.

debbiejo
You can control "lucid dreams", I've had some of those.

peterKSL
Originally posted by Reborn Again
Possible random events? fish

An event has an order to it, dreams do not. Dreams are images that play our like real life but are not bound by the physical laws of its universe. Most can not control what happens in a dream, but they are certainly not random events. Dreams excerise the subconscious into discarding some of the useless stuff are brain has collected over the course of the day. It's also a way for our brain to relay a message to from our subconscious to our conscious mind about something we have forgotten or other. But in a dream, the message is not said outright, it's played in a weird set of images or an experience perceived by how we see ourselves. And a dream is not bound by reality, sometimes we have superpowers or other, to get the message across.

you are right... I just thought of that because of how dreams relates to deja vu... erm

linkslittlehelp
Originally posted by 2864212

it happened to me one day i had a dream that i was taking a math test and i saw all 100% answers on an answer sheet and i used my dream to ace the test

peterKSL
Originally posted by linkslittlehelp
it happened to me one day i had a dream that i was taking a math test and i saw all 100% answers on an answer sheet and i used my dream to ace the test

Nice!!! evil face

Sicky666
The Mind can only trick you if you allow it so.

FistOfThe North
The thing with Deja Vu with when it happens to me is that I experience the exact same thing i've experienced before and precisely facing doing or moving in the same precise way I did in a past experience. Then after a sec the feeling all disappears and i'm like. this happened before but its like you forgot when or where it happened. I think it's a little paranormal if you ask me. as if there were invisible wavelengths in the air and they matched with recorded or stored brainwaves that you've had with the past experience...im not making any sense am I . lol!

Vidina
I think I dream about what will happen sort of forget then realise I saw it happen when it happens. My Deju Vus are getting more powerful, I have Deja Vu of saying Deja Vu

Cipher
Its all in your head.........

mr.smiley
It's awesome!everytime it happens I know exactly what's gonna happen next!

debbiejo
I hardly have any deja vu's anymore...But I used to have repetative dreams that would sometimes come true, if I didn't say anything about having them, but if I told someone I was having dreams,then it wouldn't come true..

Darth Mantis
I haven't had deja vu lately... But I use to have a hell lot...

@F1
I think its just a coincidence. You have that many memories in your subconscious, its only matter of time for something too happen again, which has happened in the past.

R355UR3CT
I have deja vu all the time. Usually it is a dream i have had, and i always remember exactly when i had that dream. Whether last week day before etc.. What's freaky is when i remember having the dream 10years ago or close to, which has happened a few times.

kmcdude
Do you ever all of a sudden get this feeling that you have been somewhwere before? Or this exact thing has happened before but in some other form of reality? It only lasts about 5 second but I swear this actually happens to me blink

Coldfire
Originally posted by kmcdude
Do you ever all of a sudden get this feeling that you have been somewhwere before? Or this exact thing has happened before but in some other form of reality? It only lasts about 5 second but I swear this actually happens to me blink
I get the feeling like I've been in a particular conversation before all the time *shrugs*

dark_angelz
all d time roll eyes (sarcastic)

Atlantis001
Many times.

Sometimes when I see something new, or find myself on a new situation, I get the feeling I already seem it before. And its very real feeling.

debbiejo
Maybe a jump or partial blend in realities?....A quantum thing.

mentalguy
hmm i have the feeling that i know you all. have we met.

Maya Zurak
Deja vu appears to be caused by unusual and sometimes quite active
random firings of neurons in the temporal or frontal lobe portion of the
brain, is like an echo of the event from a similar previous timeline might
be detected by the subconscious mind in the current timeline giving you
the impression that you remember the event.

In fact it's your present subconscious picking up remnant signals from
a previous similar timeline where that version of you experienced a
similar event...aww is pretty weird.

messed

debbiejo
I've read something interesting about Deja Vu...It's when dimensional paths cross giving you the feeling that you've done it before, but infact you have in another dimension since...The other parts of you that are are on other paths come close and you feel it as is it was you experiencing it...... reading

JacopeX
Why whenever that happens to them, they say de javu.

I say

Wut the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccckkkkk!!!!!!

crazylozer
It's weird when you do something, then realize you knew that's what you did, and what you're going to do, and what they're going to do, but only realizing what they're going to do as they're doing it. It's even worse when it's something awful, you know it's awful, but you can only sense what's going to happen half a second in advance; too late to do anything....

debbiejo
You can only notice it and say "Hey".......That's about it.... confused

fuct_up_kid
I used to get Deja Vu much more than I do now.
I read something about it, apparantly it's caused by when your long term and short term memory meld together for a few seconds.
You see something, and it gets registered in your short term memory, but then it also gets registered in your long term memory, so it's as if it happened before because you remember it twice.

bogen
dEJA VU IS FREAKY

Jack Daniels
deja vu....oh those days were so wierd...procoged a couple minutes of almost each day for over a year.....when the deja vu hit I would get so dizzy I would sometimes have to find a wall and slide down it.....then I knew exactly what was going to happen who was going to do it what they were going to say etc....started figuring out what was happening and used it to my own personal benefit... gain....is told by those who retained or regained the "gift" thats why i lost it....to many theories Ive heard to go into...nonetheless it is not fake or false phenomenon

Jack Daniels
And for those of you out there that think its a curse etc....its not.. forget what you see on tv persay charmed show and premonitions etc.....deja vu TRUE deja vu & precognition is a gift...be at peace with yourself (which someday I hope to get there again) use your knowledge for the good of others not personal gain as it is not meant for that....apparently as that is a common cause of loss of the ability...subconsious mind controls it as I have been told by non religious folks with the gift.....guilty consious masks or deteriorates it....dont knock it just research it and understand it! You must dig deep for the truth dont depend on witchcraft as true witches that follow the wiccan ways know that this type thing has nothing to do with witchcraft!!!! Thats(witchcraft wiccan etc) another religion thing etc...ignore most of that stuff...unless you already follow that path then thats your deal... When Im ready to again accept it and use it in a way that my subconcious can deal with it (plus Im sure Ill have to give up the Jack Daniels...lol) then I will be able to help someone somewhere....till then cheers beer if not oh well! cheers again drunk ......Been dealing with my experience and researching this "natural occurence in some" for over 20 years....so JD or not I speak from experience and research.....Library, net, experiences, persons experiences(just a few in person type deals) u get the gist and those out there that have it bad or had it bad may relate and see the symptoms youll know...otherwise just look at me like my kmc name and sig suggests just another party guy cause for now thats all i am....and to you that see me that way...umm cheers again..lol....beer party on...LMAO! Questions go fer it but I drink at night and am no damn DEJA JU GURU...LOL...by any means regardless of my experiences and time i spent checking into it...okay Im done...LMAO!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.