Bronsan Quits!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sith Master X
I didn't see this coming, but I have not followed it either.
Pierce Bronsan is all done as James Bond. What are your thoughts on this?

Sith Master X
In other words, are you happy about this decision or not?

Evy_O
Pierce will do one more movie, then he quits of course... I'm not happy about it, cause I absolutely loved him as James Bond, but it was the only thing that could be done... he's too old to play Bond anymoooore crybaby

Ahnold
I'm afraid, Evy, that Brosnan is finished already. That's it - for all its flaws, DAD was his swansong. And I ain't happy about it. I liked Brosnan dammit...

dber
You are a bit of an idiot with your ageist comment.mad

dber
I feel sad if it's true, but some think it is a ploy to get more direction input.

Ahnold
I doubt it. Think about it - Bond 20 was pretty much as big as the producers could make it: it had Brosnan, Halle Berry, and loads of sly, 20th anniversary references for the fans. How can Bond 21 possibly make more money? With a differnt Bond, that's how. And THAT's why I believe that Brosnan is gone for good...

Evy_O
and you are a bit of rude? roll eyes (sarcastic)

from the FORUM RULES (better follow them yes )

Courtesy
Don't attack others. Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult and personal attack.

Besides it's not an ageist comment; there are limits in physical things an actor can or cannot do, based on their AGE. If you don't agree with that please justify it no expression
let's bring Antony Hopkins to be Bond no expression

yerssot
ah, come on guys... Broccoli herself commented a month ago that "we had much more problems with Sean to get him to sign for a movie, this is just a little burp"

(or something along those lines)

Ahnold
I personally would like to see Brosnan in the role one more time. I mean, Moore did movies right up until he was fifty seven!

yerssot
It's about darn time that they get him to sign a contract so he can't sneak out of it anymore

Ahnold
Perhaps all this beating around the bush by the producers has just, if you'll pardon my language, pissed Pierce off to the point that he doesn't want to return...

yerssot
I doubt that, I think that this is a big media hoax to get more attention to the Bond movies after people bashed DaD

Ahnold
The critics may have bashed it, but it made mucho dinero. Perhaps the producers think that the only way to up the ante is by choosing a new Bond. I mean, c'mon - do you seriously think that another Brosnan film will make MORE than DAD?

yerssot
if it's a decent story? definitly!

Ahnold
But DAD was Bond 20! With Halle Berry! And loads of cool, 40th anniversary references! Are you sure?

yerssot
yeah, it had halle berry, so it definitly had lots of improvement on that part... and the casual bondfan or just someone going to see the movie just doesn't get all the references

yerssot
*bumpy-bumpy-bump*

as Brosnan told a magazine in LA, he is still gonna be da Bond

phinney6
good, oh well, if only sean connery could go back to being 35 and play bond more more time.

yerssot
he'll be the first NON-brazilian to fly back in time eek!

Evy_O
I had no doubt about Brosnan being in the next Bond film happy

yerssot
me neither, but last I heard it's still not 100 % messed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.