Anna Karenina

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lucija
Did you read Anna Karenina written by Russian writer L: N. Tolstoj? It was my obligatory book for school and I was very suprised that I love it. I liked especially Anna's character and the end of the book wink

shaber
I downloaded and printed off the first 100 or so pages of the translation by constance Garnett, but never found the rest of it. Cool how that woman was senile at just 33 don't you think?

lucija
Yeah but you must realise that it was so many years ago and in Russia! woman had to be obedient and hadn't any rights. I don't wonder that she killed herself... But I must agree, her behaviour was according to sixty years old ladysmile

Bantache
I know this is, like, almost a year after everyone else has replied but i had to. I loved Anna Karenina ever since i saw the 1997 movie version. i went out and bought the book the next day and read it in a week. Vronsky has to be my favourite character for his typical Russian nature. Anna was complete and very compelling but quite easy to be forgotten, i thought anyway.

And i apologise for rambling after the post has laid dormant for so long, it's rare to find people who have read this true masterpece. By gum i sound jumped up.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.