Sam Raimi Films

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

m. myers
Come and disscus the best films made by Sam Raimi. Including what I think to be his best films ever the Evil Dead series.

zombieman
Darkman was excellent, had some dark moments mixed in with a bit of well timed humor, great action sequences and a nice message about revenge being wrong thrown in at the end.

m. myers
does anyone like one of sam's non-horror movies?

eggmayo
i dont mind spiderman... but the gift is awful

m. myers
Spiderman 2 was a big dissapointent

Evil Dead
I thought the Gift was a decent flick.............

Cinemaddiction
"A Simple Plan" was his best thriller. I reviewed "The Gift" in my thread, not too favorable.

Mr Zero
Sams greatest film - and this is a tough call because I have a fond history with the Evil Dead going back to 1982 - is for my money the classic "Crimewave"

Written by the Coen brothers and co-written and directed by Sam it's pure genius from start to finish. Kinda.

Ok is a huge dumb cartoon of a movie, but i love it.

Cowboyography
Ill have to check that out Mr Zero, Coen Bros rock!!!

Hostile
His greatest.... is SO hard to decide. I know that Spider-Man 2 is one of the best films EVER MADE, but at the same time Evil Dead: Dead By Dawn just SCREAMS for acknowledgement. So, in conclusion, Sam Raimi's best is somewhere between SM2 and Evil Dead 2. Although I have NO idea which of those two rocks more.

Asami
WTFF?!?! (I.e. What the facking fack?!) It was a FANTASTIC MOVIE!

Saw some Evil Dead bits in Spidey 2, like the Doc Octopus scene in hospital where the guy tried cutting off the arm with a chainsaw.

Evil Dead
I havn't seen spiderman 2 yet but I also heard it was over rated. Many sources have told me that it didn't live up to the huge hype.....the movie didn't know what it wanted to be, a drama flick or a comic book action flick........which led to it being a mediocre mixture of the two instead of a kick ass drama flick or a kick ass action/comic flick.

that's just what I've heard..........

oh, crimewave was stupid............god how I loathe that film.

m. myers
You should read Evil Dead's post. What I meant By "Spider Man" being dissapointing is that is wasn't as good as they made it seem. They advertised it like it was going to be the best movie ever made, but it wasn't. Of course in my mind it was still better than the first. It was't Sam's fault, he did a great job directing it, the story just wasn't as good as they made it seem.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.