Why do U believe in your religion?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

punkyhermy
Well?

Beyonder
School. Work. Live. Enjoy Life. Be Happy. Be a good person when living and I'll go to Heaven or a secondrate Heaven.

§nakehead
I belive If im a good Person Ill go to heaven but doing evil well....hell

lucija
my religion is special, I believe in God but I don't believe in any church. I believe in reincarnation so everything you do wrong in this life you will get back in next life...

Creechuur
Because I made it up all by myself.

WindDancer
I like to consider myself a spiritual person, but not very religious one. I don't have a problem with any religion. As long as they preach a message of peace and love for all humanity I respect them. I tend to believe that tolerance is good, and some religions teach tolerance in their dogmas. I think that's cool.

If a religious person shows tolerance he/she gets my respect. Same for those that are atheist or don't believe in God. But when atheist or a religious person shows no respect or tolerance for each other.....well, they can kiss my . Respect others beliefs....that's all I'm saying.

Darth Revan
Because Buddhism is the only religion that makes any sense to me... I can't imagine a supposedly "all-loving" God that would send people to hell for having sex before they got married, even if they didn't intend to. I also like it for the reason WD said, which is that it doesn't teach that you have to go out and convert everybody else to Buddhism. Nor does it teach that following its teachings is the only way to human reincarnation/heaven.

Fire
you know Darvan I never found any thing in the bibble saying anyone is going to hell (atleast not in the parts that talk about jesus)

it does however say that the all-loving good will forgive 7*70 times with 7 being a holy number I always interpretated that as EVERY time

hobbit_dude
AND DARVAN U WONT GO TO HELL COZ U HAVE SEX BFORE U GET MARRIED!! laughing

tho u will ifg ure a sicko, and a phsyco killer, and abuse of little girls, and
steal money and do that kind of stuff!! laughing

Predator 89
Fire is correct there is no part in the entire bible that states that people will go to hell at all for comiting any wrong. In fact i onece read a text that said something about when you die you perish.

PHANTASM
I don't understand the concept of not believing in any religion...Surely ppl don't believe this world is all there is?!

bardock
there has got to be more than this

lil bitchiness
Because Buddhism is the only way of life or religion if you want (even though its not a religion in reality, but a philosophy) that actually makes sense and understands life and whats it made of.

It recognises that it is money, power and desire cause of our suffering, and that if we overcome those, we will be happy. It doesnt promote any extreame or backward things, as Buddha recognised, even then, that world and the ways of the world will change, and so should buddhism.

Evy_O
not believing in any religion might also point to the fact that the said person doesn't think any of the already existing religions represents the truth about this 'more' of this world you're talking about

HockeyHorror
Armenian Orthodox Christian yes

Into the Void
No, this world isn't all there is. There's Saturn and Venus and Mars... big grin

Of course this isn't all there is. Not only are there hundreds of thousands of more galaxies with millions of more planets in this universe, but there's specualtion that there are MULTIPLE universes. That's countless possibilities of more intelligent life out there.

Just because you son't understand a concept does not make it wrong. Lots of people don't understand nuclear physics, but are the physicists wrong because people don't understand them? Nope.

Predator 89
Like into the void said other planets in other solar systems. although i do believe in a higher power but people dont go to hell when they are bad or go to heven when they are good. There would be no point in a earth in the first place. Also Punky a religion does not only entail beliving in more than one plain of existence it deals with also moral, personal belifs and faith. BTW into the void there is no need to bash people here because they dont believe in something you find inprobable.
>Punky hermy are you a christian because if you are maybe you could point me to a part in the bible that states that a person goes to heven or hell when they die?

Into the Void
There was no bashing in my post.

BackFire
I have no religion, I think the way I do because I simply can't bring myself to honestly believe that there is an invisible man in the sky.

RaventheOnly
Technically matter must be infinite and space therefore must have not multiple but infinite other universes ... I believe in God because i cannot bring my self to believe that my conciousness can occur on its own, that life itself could occur from simple matter.

Predator 89
Posted by: Revan the only
"I believe in God because i cannot bring my self to believe that my conciousness can occur on its own, that life itself could occur from simple matter."
Then we are in Agreement.

Unicor777
yep. and u will all go to Haven becasuse none of you will have sex b4 marriage! I'm wrong???

lil bitchiness
Oh great, well then i guess many many people will go to hell since there are a lot of people who had sex before marrage! eek! We're all damned.

RaventheOnly
laughing out loud do you read the bible stick out tongue humans are already majorily tampered by sin and our sins have already forgiven. Its taking everything literal is whats making people non-believers because they assume they are helpless.

RaventheOnly
Whats so wrong with the idea of devoting your love to one person ... thats what marrage is erm are you that weak and easily dominated that you cannot possibly devot one of the most important things in you life?

Predator 89
Not weak its just a lack of honor people dont have a sence of honor anymore in today's society.

Line
even though you devote yourself to one person only that doesn't mean marriage'll have to be involved. and even if it is, why would premaritual sex make that love inferior? besides, I don't see why a person who loves more than one partner through life is necessarily weak and easily dominated? why not just a very loving person? wink

Fire
I believe in my religion because I do I can't explain it

Morningstar
Becoz it means everything to me. Becoz i have someone who loves me and cares about me, no matter what i do! Becoz there's a place better than this that i am going to where there will be no pain or suffering. Becoz Jesus came down to earth and suffered to save me. Becoz God made this world and he loves everything in it and everyone, even if they reject him. His love is eternal. Becoz Jesus is KING! big grin
That's why i believe what i do! smile

Shadow_King
ne reigion for me.

ragesRemorse
God put me here. No matter how much i try to not believe the feeling always grows stronger that God is there, so i will find jesus's path one way or another, hopefully one day soon, whenever i am couragoues enough to give up everyhting that is necessary

dean7879
well said son

liltiggasmootay
i thought we werent supposed to talk about religion?

~Johnnyz#1~
If god really is true then y do really bad things always happen and y when i prayed for my mum to be alive did God not answer me!!????

BackFire
Because "God works in mysterious ways". That's what christians always preach when they can't explain an actual event that was overly cruel and horrible.

Fiery Eyes
smile It does say that in the bible, here's a few scriptures:
Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Psa 9:17 The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.
Jesus talking: Mat 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
Jesus talking: Mat 5:29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Jesus talking: Mat 5:30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Jesus talking: Mat 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Jesus talking: Mat 23:33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

theres ya a few hun
smile smile

Fiery Eyes
I'm not really into religions. I do attend a certain denomination (pentecostal) but I don't believe that, if you attend a certain church you will go to heaven. I believe if you Pray to God, confess your sins and ask frogiveness in Jesus name, then you're a christian. We all make mistakes, thats what repentances is for. Its a daily walk. Religion will NOT take you to heaven, thats not what its about.

Fiery Eyes
I lost my mom in 1999, i was not a christian at that time. She had cancer. She was a very devout christian lady, she didn't whinn about her illness, she wasn't depressed, just the opposite, she was very up beat and blieved to the bitter end she would be healed. She never denouced God as her savior, she didn't question God, she wanted Gods will in her life and she prayed for her family/her kids (me) to be saved. I was very rebellious to God at that time in my life. My mother passed away, Within a 1yr or so I was saved and serving God. At first i had alot of anger in me cuz of her death, she was more than a mom to me, she was my best friend. I started praying and asking God to help me cuz i was angry at him for taking her. Through the preaching and teaching from sunday school God started explaining to me and he gave me a peace. I honestly don't think me and my husband would have came to know Jesus, if things hadn't happened the way they did. I know that all things work for the good of God. smile

Morningstar
Because we suffer at the hands of men, not God. God does answer prays....................always. Maybe just in a way you have either taken for granted (that wasnt meant offencisively and crap i cannot spell) or you havent yet discovered! God always has a plan and that was obviously part of it (and now i sound like a heartless cow........) sorry, it wasnt meant that way embarrasment

ragesRemorse
Because life is ours to do what we will with it. God gave us choice, and are choices are our own. God does not intervine in the life of humanity, but he is there for the when we stray and need direction.Prayers are answered, but not in the way that changes nature

Fiery Eyes
There is NO one in this world that could prove to me that God isn't real. He's done too much for me.

HockeyHorror
i just believe what i was raised up with. i dont really question it, i just compare it to other religions and just analyze it.

HockeyHorror
most interesting religion i have studied on my own time was Zend Avesta...i made a thread about it in the philosophy forum a while back.

lil bitchiness
Thats all religions...its simple.

To believe is virute to doubt is to sin.

Fiery Eyes
I've never heard of Zend Avasta, what is that?

HockeyHorror
true^ but only time will tell what the truth is...

but is there a wrong religion in your opinion? (this question is to everyone)

HockeyHorror
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f75/t300323.html

very intersting big grin

Fiery Eyes
thx i'll check it out. smile big grin

lil bitchiness
All religions have exactly the same principle, so I dont think there is a wrong religion, I think if one is wrong all of them are.

But then again, there are billions of people who believe in this ''God'' could all this people be wrong?

At the same time, there are billions of people who dont believe in ''God'', can all these people be wrong?

HockeyHorror
it would be better for all of us to be wrong, then have a complication of religions...

Fiery Eyes
smile God has done too much for me NOT to believe in him.

HockeyHorror
stop thinking about yourself for a second...what about others who have believe in him since they were born...and have done nothing wrong but their life is miserable and when they die, they notice that life was nothing to them...what would one say about that?

lil bitchiness
Well im happy for you, but thats no way to prove God's existance?

How are you gonna preach your God to million of people if this world who will not survive this week? What are you gonna tell them ''I believe in God because hes done so much for me''

Im sure you can guess what they will tell you.

How are you gonna preach your god to people who are starving and dying from diseases easely curable, and to people who dont have basic things like food and clothing?

Prayer doesnt buy food and clothes and it doesnt cure sick children and it doesnt help war victims who have lost everything.

HockeyHorror
once i dropped my sock and i tried to pick it up with my foot, my mom yelled in Armenian "Astvacha kez ghernera teve!",

basically God has given us hands, legs, organs etc etc...

but what about children born with no legs...or arms...or a child born with an external heart...all these have reasons...(as i was told)

kinda like Final Destination...everything happens for a reason...

but why?

Mr Zero
expecting proof of gods existence kinda misses the point about the importance of faith tho.

Fiery Eyes
I didn't know i was proving it at that point when i read it, was just stating a fact.

lil bitchiness
Mr. Zero and Firey Eyes, can i please ask you to actualy read my post before replying.

Who exactly is talking about proving God's existance? You need to read my posts before you reply. I said ''preach'' not prove!

Papaumau
I used to be a Protestant Christian and now I am an athiest !

The transition was NOT easy ! sad

Fiery Eyes
sad Now thats sad!

GroundedAgain
i was brought up on a farm so it's werk werk werk, squeeze in skewl and go ta church on sunday in yer best blue jeans. HOWEVER i agree wit lil b on this one---if all this is tru---then y do ppl die and go hungry and all this other crap

Silver Stardust
Religion? Well, technically I'm a Catholic. But in reality, I don't really follow any religion...I haven't even been to church in 10 years. I don't believe there's a god, I don't believe in heaven, and I don't believe in hell. I don't like the idea of a book telling me how I should act, and I don't like the hypocrasy of many religions. So there's my thoughts.

GroundedAgain
yea...wat she^ said...

hezzy_baby
I'm supposed to be Protestant, but I have no idea what those beliefs are and all that.

Morningstar
you cant 'supposed to be Protestant' becoz a religion isnt just a religion, it is a way of life. Its a little like ppl saying 'i was baptised in a church. Therefore, that makes me a Christian!' NOT TRUE.
Anyway, going to church dont make you a Christian anymore than standing in a garage makes you a car. big grin

Morningstar
Yes it does!!!!!!!!!!!!
God will provide. He looks after his people and he will provide for them. Prayer is the answer for everything and anything.

stick out tongue

Fiery Eyes
Well said!!!! smile

ninjaturtle
Hahahaha, best analogy I've ever heard.

Seriously, Christianity is the most historically backed up religion there is. There is more evidence to back up Christianity than there is to back up the existance of Julius Ceasar, and no one debates the fact that he existed. Christianity isnt about being "religious"; its all about how we live our lives.

Agent Elrond
I don't believe in it. Religion was a way to explain things. I have my own way. I don't need religion

Fire
I just believe in mine, there aint a reason for it, it aint really a religin it's just something I believe, I know a few other ppl believe it too.

ragesRemorse
I believe in my religoun because no matter how much i try not to, or try to tell myself there is no God. I can always feel that he is there. Not only this,but because of life experience witnessing people's faith and prayer nad how it is rewarded and answered.

Linkalicious
I believe in my religion because I don't have a religion. You can try to classify me as an Aetheist if you like, but I'm not even that complex.

I don't believe there is a God, because I don't see him, feel him, or hear him. Heaven and hell are just two places I've created in my own mind, and it is not actually a place.

If i lie to you, steal from you, or cause you harm....the only wrath I will suffer, will be that of your own.

I look to myself for strength, not someone who isn't there. In my opinion, to believe that a man named Jesus was actually any closer to God than I am....is just complete assnine bullsh!t

ragesRemorse
Bullshit to you, but truthl to others.

Linkalicious
what truth?

that a human being was bestowed God's powers so that he could perform miracles of nature. No, lets go further, that this man could not only be ressurected from the dead days later, only to move a gigantic boulder.

I've read stories like that before....in comic books and fictional novels.

Jedi Priestess
bleh, certain KMC sections are becoming overrun with religious themed threads. I prefer to get my religion at church.

ragesRemorse
The truth that people believe in a higher explanation for existence. An explanation that has more meaning to many civilized people than life itself, becuase it is the explanation of life and guide to living. Jesus christ was not a simple man bestowed with God's powers, but The will and birth of God's child to show humanity the way, the truth and to install order in a world with no order. This was the will of a God many people believe, a will that has worked and is a truth for people who believe in the faith and religoun. This is a truth you cannot understand if you dont believe. I;m just wandering, have you read the Bible, for which you claim to have the knowledge on. your above statement doesnt appear to suggest this

Linkalicious
that's hilarious...did you get off the back of a pamphlet or something?

There were civilized people before Jesus' birth. With or without him...the world would still move on...in a positive direction.

I spent the better part of 6 years attending church, learning and "believing." Then I started thinking on my own and came to the decision that it's a crock.

What exactly is this "higher explanation for exsistence"?

and you...much like every other bible nut on KMC always preaches the same EXACT crap. "You cannot understand the truth because you do not believe"

Face the facts. Your "truth" is nothing but a big fat lie. There can't be truth if it can't be proven true....

Fëanor
and it's amazing that Jesus' followers of his apostles decided to creat a new religion based on HIS teachings when in reality he was Jewish by birth and through his death...he never faltered in his beliefs as a jew and observed the sadir and the passover just before he died....

and to add to that these same followers followers in their infinite wisdom decreed that theirs was the true religion and all others to be converted or suffer damnation...e.g.: the inquisition, the evangelists, the right wing christians...

and even more amazing, that these same followers followers followers decided that one sect was not enough but decided to separate, and separate and separate...AND each and everyone of these sects feel theirs is the righteous and truthful way...

the vanity of man is beyond comprehension

Linkalicious
seriously....animals don't believe in God. They have no understanding of religion or of God, or Jesus Christ.

Because all 3 were created by man. God is not an entity, or a supreme being. He's a concept....created in the mind of man. Just like heaven and hell, two places, that cannot be found on a map, described by an individual, or proven to exsist.

that's not being a "believer" that's called being delusional.

vaya_the_elf
How do you know animals dont believe in god, can you talk to them?

Linkalicious
because animals are incapable of having ideas and constructing such complex notions in their minds.

anyone with an average college education knows this. That's why humans are at the top of the food chain.

We aren't the biggest, the fastest, or the strongest. But we most definitly are the smartest.

When was the last time you saw your dog get on it's knees and pray to God? Huh?

ragesRemorse
The higer explanation is the Bible, and the direction that jesus's word directs humanity to follow, and also the strength faith gives you. Yes their were civilized people before christ, but not order. History also teaches this. Yes there was order to a point,but not free order. Humanity was corrupt and bloodthirsty. As for calling me a Bible nut, i am anything but. I hold an open mind on all things, especially religoun and the Bible, but when you shit all over it, and the people who believe in it by saying what we believe is Bullshit and is complete nonsense, i am inclined to defend it in a civil way by giving you some of my beliefs and views. Yet you jump back with naive, and immature reactions. You are a very closed minded person, believing what you believe is the truth and this is final. you cant talk or argue with an open mind in a cival way, so you keep repeating yourself with the same arguments, that the Bible is a farce and everyone who believes in it is delusional. If you don't believe in somthing, that is fine. no one is trying to impress beliefs on you, and it would be appreciated that you don't insult somthing that many people believe in with all there heart and soul. The reason many people tell you, that you can't understand it because you dont believe is because that is the truth. faith is a feeling that can't be explained, only experienced.

Feanor. Yes many deaths and war have been contributed to catholic religoun. This is not directly because of the religoun itself, but because of the misconception of the religoun by man. god gave us choice and showed us the way. what we do with it is our choice, because Jesus believed in man and paid for our sins. so yes religoun has caused much hardache and still does, but did you ever think maybe it's not the fault of religoun , but the fault of man for not being able to be human and civilized? though the bible has been changed and decyphered many times. The main point still stays the same, the essence of God's word still remains. I am not preaching or trying to impress anything on anyone, the fact is that the Bible and the religouns derived from the catholic beliefs do have many contrdictions and holes, but they also hold many great teachings and and expeirences through out history. I think many people focus on the easy part of not believing and it ends there.

Fiery Eyes
smile big grin Surprised to see you in here, HEHEHE

Linkalicious
just listen to yourself for like 3 seconds....seriously.

I'm very open minded in the thought that people have faith. But to put all of your faith into a book that has FAIRY TALES written in it...is what i find unbelieveable.

Yes, the bible tells of the life of Jesus and his apostles, the path they chose in life. But by the same magnitude, it tells of miracles that have NEVER EVER EVER EVER been proven to be possible.

That my friend, is called MAKE BELIEVE. I'm not being close minded, I'm being logical. You are being illogical, by thinking that the reason civilization has come this far just because of the teachings of Jesus Christ.

Humanity is still corrupt and blood thirsty. Christians are corrupt and blood thirsty just like muslims in the middle east. You claim that this world is such a greater place because of religion, when all it's ever done is create wars and hatred.

I'm not trying to press my beliefs on anyone, anymore than religious supporters are trying to tell me that "i don't understand the truth"

Unlike some people on this site who don't believe in religion....I've walked both sides of the line. My life was no different with religion than it is without it. God doesn't give me strength and guidance....I give it to myself.

God didn't make me stop smoking, I stopped smoking because I found things in my life that were more important to me.

I'm not trying to tell you there is no God, I'm asking you to show some sort of proof that God exsists. He's a concept in your mind...not a supreme being from up above.

Animals and plants don't believe in God. Only humans do...and it's not because we are closer to God than them...it's because we're the only beings on this planet who are smart/dumb enough to create that concept in our minds.

ragesRemorse
I am not saying that the world has come as far as it has because of religoun. I am saying it has been allowed to come as far as it has because of religoun. the world is the way it is because of humanities choices not religoun.

you say the world is still bloodthirsty and corrupt. Yes this is true, but to the extent of the roman, or egyptian era for small examples? Religoun is the reason that America is here today. their is religouns of all inds, many of which are the reason societies and cultures are where they are today. Religoun hasnt caused wars, freedom of choice and what we as humans do with it have caused wars. With or without religoun, there would always have been death and destruction, but maybe not the developments we have today as humans. I am not referring only to the catholic religoun, but to all religouns which are in essence the same basic beliefs.

the Bible does infact have many stories that are totally unbelievable, but the mateaphor they stand for are inspiring stories that express the christian religoun in a relatable and understanding way.

I personally dont hold much bank in the Bible, because i believe much of it has been lost through history. I do however believe the God's word, and the path that jesus leads and inteds us to follow. Does the Bible explain where humans came from? Maybe, but i dont think so. I think there is more to the Bible and existence than just the Bible. I believe it is a guide for us to follow, and the rest of our knowledge be learned along the way. I think the earth and all of existence was due to God's will and creation. Maybe we came from monkey's. this is not saying that it wasnt God's will.

The greatest minds in all of history have believed in God. the minds that have given us language and well our way of living and the knowledge of science. Aristotle Believed in the Bible,but also said That it is not meant to be the understanding of existence, but a guide to living and that there is a greater reasoning behind our breathing lives. All these great minds are studied and mentored more than anyone else through out modern times or history. We believe everything they have spoke or wrote about except God. They diddnt need proof, because their proof was reason enough. Even as einstien grew older, he expressed beliefs in a higher being, being responsible for existence

Morningstar
And you are just like every other stubborn anti-Christian nut on KMC, always preaches same EXACT crap about stuff you dont understand. stick out tongue

And how do you know that the world will still move on in a positive direction. If you ask me, its going the opposite! roll eyes (sarcastic)

And Link, why do things have to be proven to be possible? You also said (sorry if it sounds like in picking on you stick out tongue) that God doesnt give you strength and guidance, you gave it to yourself - and, you know i'll disagree with you there coz i believe God gives you the strength that you possess and he gives wisdom to everyone.

BackFire
No one said the existence of God isn't POSSIBLE. Just not likely or believable to us.

Linkalicious
yah what BackFire said...

and I'm not an Anti-Christian. I'm anti religion. I'm against having an organized system of beliefs. I'm sorry that I feel God and Jesus Christ are the 2 most commonly talked about entities in the world...roll eyes (sarcastic)

ninjaturtle
Well to some people, its not likely, but to be honest I find it rather UNlikely that we could live in such a complex world that we do and NOT have some higher power behind it all. smile

Besides which, having a person with two heads seems very unlikely and unbelievable, but it happens. smilesmile Not that I'm trying to compare God to a two headed mutation.... but just because you dont think something is likely, doesnt mean its not possible or real

Fiery Eyes
Yes, the bible tells of the life of Jesus and his apostles, the path they chose in life. But by the same magnitude, it tells of miracles that have NEVER EVER EVER EVER been proven to be possible.

How can you say they NEVER ever ever ever....i've told you of miraclels in here you chose not to believe. I've seen them happen. Most will come up w/something to deny they exist... but when doctors have test that show a person has cancer, then retake the test cus the person request it and the cancer is gone, that is proof of a miracel. Now rather you believe it or not, is up to you. You seem to be very strong in your beliefs that NO miracles have happened. smile

Into the Void
There's two sides to every coin. Of couse you are right, but I'd also be right if I said that beliving that something IS likely doesnt mean that it really is. I could say that it is likely that a kangaroo can jump to the moon. Am I right? of course not, Kangaroos can't jump to the moon.

Same here, I agree totally.

ragesRemorse
yes there are proven miracles, or atleast accounted one's

ninjaturtle
Well said smile

So many people will go a lot of effort to find a way to explain something away simply because they dont want to believe that it exists.

Quote taken from Harry Potter:
"Why would anyone bother making door-keys shrink?" Said George.
"Just Muggle-baiting" sighed Mr Weasley. "Sell them a key that keeps shrinking to nothing so they can never find it when they need it... Of course, it's very hard to convict anyone because no Muggle would admit their key keeps shrinking - they'll insist they just keep losing it. Bless them, they'll go to any lengths to ignore magic, even if it's staring them in the face...

Its a bit like that. There are hundreds of miracles occurring all the time, however many people will choose to simply ignore it, or else will find ways to somehow explain them off. And by the way, no, I'm not here to promote magic, or paganism or anything like that. :P

Maybe. But then again, you know for a fact that a Kangaroo can't jump over the moon... at least, not without some kind of rocket powered assistance...or unless it was in a nuresry rhyme with the cow and the spoon.
On than note, I know for a fact that God does exist. I've felt his presence, he's spoken to me, I know that he's there and I believe it with all my heart. stick out tongue

Fiery Eyes
Excellent answer Ninja turtel: On than note, I know for a fact that God does exist. I've felt his presence, he's spoken to me, I know that he's there and I believe it with all my heart.

I feel the same, He's alive and well in my heart!!

Into the Void
I call that skitzophrenia.

Morningstar
and i call u a moron. stick out tongue It works both ways! *grins*

BackFire
Except his has grounds and makes sense, yours is simply poor defense of your beliefs.

Fiery Eyes
Depends on who you are talking to BF on his beliefs making more sense. To me they are utterly ridiculous, to you they are not. I agree w/morning star and ninja

ninjaturtle
The thing is, BF, feeling God's presence is something that no one can explain, but once you've felt it, you cant deny that He exists. Its a most amazing feeling

Jury
Exactly.

Fire
could very well be but none of this proves god exists, and as long as that has not been proven (which it mostlikely never will, because religion isn't about proving) I doubt link and a lot of other ppl will ever believe.

Even with miracles happening and the bible and stuff, that doesn't prove the existence of god. Neither do the accounts of ppl who have felt god prove to others that god exists. So maybe it's time we stop this whole debate about the existence of god, neither side will change its mind anywayz. Neither side will find a valid arguement to say the other side is wrong.

Fiery Eyes
Probably right, cuz most have already made up their mind already. but...let me ask you this, how can you explain The Holy spirit then? speaking in tongues and messages being interpeted, if there is NO God?

Fire
care to explain a bit further what you mean by the holy spirit and the messages interpreted?

Fiery Eyes
In Acts in the bible is where it talks about the Holy Spirit (Holy Ghost), its a gift and when you have that gift you speak in other language to God, there's 2 types of tongues tho: 1--praying to God in it 2: giving a message out in tongues and somene interpets it.

Have you not ever heard of that?

Fire
well I have heard of the holy ghost, but I never had any idea what it exactly was.

explaining the holy ghost, I dunno their could be tons of reasons why ppl start to speak in other "languages" there is no way of knowing wether or not it has a divine origine.

Fiery Eyes
If you were ever in a Church service and heard and seen this w/your own eyes you would know it's God. I don't know how you couldn't, im being serious. His power is so strong, the spirit just flows thru the sancutary. The Holy Spirit (holy Ghost) is a gift anyone can recve him. My son has had the HS since he was 10 yrs old. He started describing to us one nite what he was feeling, cuz Gods power was sooo strong on him he'd never felt it that strong before.

Fëanor
i think most people would find God more palpable if it were not for the religious aspect...the rituals, the admonitions and the dogma are what turns me off to religion that has been institutionalized...

a pious man will know God through God and not necessarily because he attended a church...if one needs to be in a group setting one day out of the week to feel his presence then i say that person is a hypocrate...

Tptmanno1
You can't use the Bible for proof that God exists. If I don't believe in God than the Bible becomes fiction.
Its like trying to prove that Harry Potter exists using the Harry Potter books. Just because it lists real places and events that Could have occured. Death of Herod, Slaves escaping Egypt. Doesn't make it true!

About the tounges thingy. First there is no proof of any other language, the Bible simeply states "Tounges" This could be interpreted as languages but it could easily mean accents or some other mistranslation.
And Even if it was tounges, there is no proof that anyone knew any other languages prior.
One more thing, Most languages in that area are either Latin, Aribic or a mix, As Fire or Yerss will tell you, if you know one latin based language, it is very easy to pick up another one.
Eg. if you know Spanish, you could easily interprete French or Italian.

About the miracals, they are vague while sounding specific. If you want to, you can see all of them anywhere you want.

Let me ask you a question. Do you belive the Noah and the Arc story?
That god created a huge flood and killed all of the bad people keeping one man and his family to re-popuate the earth?

Answer that before reading on.

Did you know that that story is based on an ancient mesopotamian fable? Written 5000 years before Judiasm even existed! If thats wrong and stolen from another civilization, whats preventing the rest of it to be false.

And what about the other people who believe as strang as you do in their religion? The ones who have felt the presence of their God just as much as you do. What makes them so wrong and you so damn correct? Why are you better than them if thery believe in it exactly as much or more than you do? How do you know that its accually the Hindu Gods that exist instead of the Christian one. Hinduism has been around much much longer and has more followers and more devotees who have felt the presence of their god as much as you? How long have they been wrong, allways, or just since Christianity has existed? and what about before Judiasm? (because most people call Christianity and extension of Judaism, because it is.) Was there no God or what? What was the correct religion before Judiasm?

Answer these questions if you can. Until you do I refuse to accept any of your so called "proof".
And if you refuse, your cowardice has shown that your religion is false when put under scrutiny, and I win.

ninjaturtle
my friend can speak in tongues, its really cool... although a little freaky when you think about it. With the rituals that a lot of religions have, it really depends on the religion. With Christianity, some churches are more "religious" than other, with the people following very strict guidelines about how they much act etc. Other churches, however, such as mine, are very laid back. Thats not to say taht we have different rules or that we follow different things, it means that for instance our minister doesnt always wear the black robes and the collar thingy. Different churches are different and some follow more "rituals" as you call them, than others do. The only "ritual" we have is communion, and to us its a symbol that we recognise, appreciate and remember what Jesus did for us

Tptmanno1
coward

ninjaturtle
I'm not trying to prove the existance of Harry Potter here. I also know that no proof whatsoever will ever be enough to convince you. As I said before, people will do anything to ignore the truth even if its staring them in the face. I know that once youve got your mind made up the strongly then its probable wont change, but thats not going to stop me from giving my view. I believe in Christianity with all my heart and nothing you say can change that

Tptmanno1
show me the truth staring me in the face, show me. Right now.

Good, I'm glad you do, and If you have all this proof and such, please answer the questions, they should be elementary of you have the proof that you say you have.

ninjaturtle
Prove that the wind exists. You cant see it, but you can feel it. Its invisible in itself but you can see its effects all around you.
Guess what? God's the same. You can't see him, but you most certainly can feel him. When life is stuffed and I'm having a really bad time with something, God is my comfort, my help and advice. He's invisible to us, but we can see his effects all around us. I've seen people come to got and the transformation is absolutely incredible. One of my best friends was the kind of person with a real attitude and a foul mouth. She's Christian now, and she's the sweetest person I know and its hard to see her as who she was before. Just because you cant see him doesnt mean that he's not there

Izayoi
Why ? I just think that it's good to live with an ideal...

wuTa
seriously....sometimes when i read some of these posts...i feel like im reading a post written by ned flanders

Tptmanno1
^^ Rito-diddly!
laughing out loud

I can prove the wind exists. I can show how hot air meets cool water and produces a vector. How vaccumes are created by rising hot air and colder air comes rushing in to fill the space.
I can look under a microscope and see the molocules that make up the Oxygen and the hydrogyn.
I Can't prove God.

I was once like you, a "good" Christian person. But I felt empty, and doubtful. Not that I'm not a part of that, my life is better, I'm more confident with myself, and I like life more.

Still haven't answered my questions coward.

ninjaturtle
Really? Well I once wasnt a good little Christian and i assure you that my life was much more empty then than it is now.

ninjaturtle
Mwaha, look, its (part of) a US one dollar bill!

http://www.munic.state.ct.us/BURLINGTON/us_one_dollar_bill/image006.jpg

Jury
No. You cannot see wind. You can only feel it.

You only see wind because of those instruments. smile

BackFire
Yes, but at least you can prove wind. It makes itself known and actually has some impact on the world.

Jury
I never doubt the existence of the wind, anyway. I can't see it. Nobody can see it. But I believe it exist. We all believe it exist even though we can't see it.

BackFire
Irrelevant.

Again, it can be proven wind exists, we see the effect it has on the world. It is not a matter of belief when it comes to wind, it is fact.

Jury
Again, I don't have problem with the wind. I believe wind exist.
As what you said we can see the effect of it in the world. I agree with that.

But nobody can see the wind.
We can only see its effect ... We can only feel it.

BackFire
Yep, but it can still be proven to exist.

Jury
As I said, no need to prove that the wind exist. Because we can feel it. We cannot see it but we feel it. Enough reason to believe the wind exist.

BackFire
Yes, but the fact remains that it CAN be proven.

Jury
And for us Christians, reason enough to believe God exist because we feel His presence, even though we don't see Him ... We can't see Him simply because He can't be seen.

SlipknoT
Unless God is secretly a catholic preist then you can feel god. But you can feel wind

BackFire
Exactly, thank you for proving my point. Wind exists for everyone, it can be proven for everyone. In order to see "proof of god" you have to belong to a certain religion, and have certain beliefs. Wind is more provable then god.

Jury
Exactly, Backfire. And you can't see God unless you're in Him.

BackFire
In him? Is he a cannibal now?

Unless something is so for everyone, then it cannot be considered proof, it's nothing but belief.

Jury
laughing out loud I'm sorry if you understand that way.

BackFire
It's fact. Proof is proof, that's why it's called proof. It's when something can be proven factually and undisputably for everyone. God does not fall under this catagory, he is a belief, nothing more. This is fact.

ninjaturtle
The wind was only meant as a comparison, you know. It wasnt meant to stem an entire debate on proving its existance. stick out tongue
I have seen, in my life, all the proof that God exists that I will even need. The biggest factor for me is the fact that I can feel God with me. I talk to him, and I know that he's there. happy

Jury
And also in mine, ninja. wink

I'm just telling him that nobody can see the wind. roll eyes (sarcastic)

wuTa
what about a tornado.....isnt that seeing the wind

Darth Revan
no, tornadoes and hurricanes and such are SATAN, dontcha know wink

Fire
hehe Wuta that idd is one way of actualy seeing wind, altho mostly it is dust picked up by the wind.

Darth Revan
Sort of like how Tom Hanks' character in that movie could feel the little girl and talk to her and the roommate and the other guy? Like that? eek!

Just for the record, I'm not totally an "outsider" to this whole "God" mess... I've said this in other threads, how I used to be very Christian and all that... I tried so hard to talk to him, and I really believed that with all my heart if I just "let him in", he would come along and fix all the bullshit that was going on in my life. Well, after ten years or so of praying, and hoping it would happen, it never did. I liked to think that I COULD feel him, but then I stepped back and realized it was all just a fabrication of my mind.

Tptmanno1
The Christians with all this "Proof" Still haven't answered my damn questions!!

You cowards. When you find somethign the might chalange your "Belief" you back out. All I'm asking for is for simple explanations, but you can't do it. You know why? Because its too illogical, there's too many holes. You Can't and thus I win!

Darth Revan
Hey Tpt... What was your question(s)? I'm too lazy to go through all seven pages stick out tongue

Darth Revan
I meant Russel Crowe for any nitpickers out there stick out tongue

Tptmanno1
All right here,
If you notice I've asked these questions in all of teh God threads and never got an answer.
cowards.

Darth Revan
nice questions thumb up

Fiery Eyes
smile smile smile smile smile wink wink wink

Darth Revan
So you're admitting that your religion is a fabrication, made up mostly of pieces of other religions?

Fiery Eyes
NO sorry my post messed up i'll repost hang on

Fiery Eyes
Trus the bible will not show YOU proof, since you don't believe in the bible.
About tongues, yes there is proof it's in chruches all around the world. Thats the reason I said for YOU or anyone else, that don't believe YOU can attend a church and see for YOURSELF. And you're saying that a 10 yr old or and adult even thats NEVER EVER spoke or heard that language before suddenly out of no where speaks it? oh come one, you're kidding me right?? They don't know what they are saying, they are(1) praying to God in an unknown tongue (2)messages are given in tongues & someone Interpets it No one knows who will interpet it, God tells them to and gives it to them.

And who in the world said, that I was better than anyone else?? I didn't so have no idea where that came from.

about Noah...we've discussed that scroll or read the other God post and then ask questions hun.

Tptmanno1
By saying that your religion is correct, you are then implying that you or your belief is better than all the other ones because in some way yours is more "correct" than theirs is. What makes Cristianity the "Correct" religion and all the other ones some how false?

I'll believe the tounges thing when I see it, and I'm sure there is a perfectly logical explanation for it.

Fire
TpT there doesn't even have to be a logical explanation for it.

As I said before not everything we don't understand comes from the divine, that way of thinking is long gone from society.

Tptmanno1
Thats the point I'm trying to make.
There is NO reason why any one religionis better. none.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>