I have a huge question regarding frodo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OrliNElijahsGrl
Okay..i know the once elves leave middle earth, they cannot return, but what about hobbits, would frodo at any time be able to return to middle earth and to the shire?? Im wondering cause its going to be a chapter of my story, and i want to make sure that hobbits are able to return to middle earth from the undying lands

Sauron
once you set foot into valinor you are NOT allowed back to middle earth

There are few exceptions.

OrliNElijahsGrl
i know that its MY story, and i can do it any way that i like, but i want to stick to the way tolkien wrote it and the information which he had, so i was just wondering whether hobbits were able to return to middle earth

OrliNElijahsGrl
are you serious? well i was going to make it in my story that Frodo gets a chance to return to middle earth and to the shire to visit everyone

OrliNElijahsGrl
few exceptions like what?

Sauron
Like...hmmm

Luthien went there and came back

Earendil went there,....he didnt really go back to ME though he just floated about in his boat...

Once you go to valinor you are forbidden to leave
You can leave anyway of course
but then you can never come back

OrliNElijahsGrl
Hmmm those are all excellent points...well i was tended to make frodo then return back to the valinor (isnt that another word for the undying lands?) after his visitation in the shire, which i can do that in my story, i was just wondering whether he would of been able to go to the shire and then back according to Tolkien

Sauron
Well, not unless there was an excellent reason making him NEED to go back
then the valar might understand
but they wouldnt care really.

If he leaves, he cant go back
its the rule
Dont go breaking the rules
Manwe will kill you

OrliNElijahsGrl
the only excellent reason is....its a suprise from gandalf, gandalf suprises frodo with the news that they are going back to middle earth and to the shire for a short visitation

LOL hey its my story, i can do what i want, i was just wondering that, since that was my upcoming chapter, im gonna have him go anyways to ME and to the shire and then back, because then thats a starting of the next chapter of trouble & jealousy

OrliNElijahsGrl
but i want to do the return to middle earth and to the shire chapters first, before the trouble & jealousy chapters

LOL....i know that REALLY if frodo leaves the undying lands...he cannot return, but according to my story...he will return back to the undying lands! LOL ITS GANDALFS FAULT! ITS HIS SUPRISE! lol

Sauron
can he make out with sam in it?

OrliNElijahsGrl
LOL! noooo! later on though in my story, i am sticking to the reference of tolkien with Sam coming to the Undying Lands, im definetly having that happen

Sauron
Then they make out?

OrliNElijahsGrl
Nooooooo! lol! they arent going to make out, Frodo has someone! And Sam comes breaking the news that Rosie has died :-(

Sauron
So he marries frodo instead?

OrliNElijahsGrl
Noooooo! LOL

Frodo marries Sandy! LOL

Sauron
so then sam goes to gondor and marries pippin!

Sauron
Sm and sauron?
Sm and faramir
Sm and saruman
Sm and farmer maggot
Sm and tom bom?
Sm and old man willow

OrliNElijahsGrl
LOL! hahahaha your so crazy, i dont think sam is going to marry anyone else after the death of rosie, but frodo is going to get married to Sandy

Greenleaf_luver
I don't believe it ever says any where that hobbits can't come back from the undying lands but i think that once your there, your there, you don't go back. You go to the undying lands for like....a new life almost, i'm not so sure frodo would go back because he went to the undying lands to escape from the pain he had gotten from the whole journey of the ring thing.

OrliNElijahsGrl
Well according to my story, he IS going back for a short visitation, I know..he just got there, but i thought it would make for a excellent couple of chapters and Sam, Merry and Pippin all meet Sandy, plus it would be interesting considering Sandy has never been to the Shire, her parents used to live in the Shire before having her, but moved to another part of Middle Earth and then Sandy was born, hehehe, also on my last chapter, i had Gandalf say that this was the only trip there, that there could not be another visitation after that, because the next time they leave, they are un able to come back, and that frodo is given just one oppertunity to go back just to visit

hehehe

Greenleaf_luver
Yes it would. you can always say frodos been there a while. Good luck on your story.

OrliNElijahsGrl
thanks! I try to stick close with the appendice of ROTK, like i have a couple chapters that Frodo becomes ill, and in the appendice it does mention he gets ill, not just once but twice, but i have him healed for now, but i will probably later on make him become ill again, and im sticking to the appendice about Sam coming to the undying lands, im having Sam come to the undying lands and also he gives breaking news that Rosie died (in the appendice, it mentions the death of rosie) and so on, its a really good story and i love writing it

Exabyte

frodosam
doctor no coming back for hobbits. ecpessliy for fodo he needs to heal

Darth Sauron
Im manwe in disguise

OrliNElijahsGrl
Awww thanks exa, here ill post you a link to my story, its on my board, ill pm you the link to it, ull love it, its really good!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.