ROTK ending

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eleveninches
Man, how long was the ending sequences of ROTK???
There was about 7 ending scenes, covering about 30 mins or more.
Each time, I kept thinking "this has to be the end now", and then they went and showed even more stuff.

Exa
Thats sad because PJ presented the end as several closed and hard cut scenes while in the book its a flowing process (though it also takes very long) so you dont even noticed how much he tells you even after the war is already over

Camellia
I don't know why everybody disapproves of that technique so much. I think that it worked rather well!

eleveninches
It's alright in movie terms, but it is rather irritating when you've been sitting in one place in the cinema for over 3 hours

Discos
I found it quite unique and great, i wasnt bothered how long the ending took, I just didnt want it to end. However the 8 second black screen pause was a bit of a nonsence

dileno
I think there were four or five possible ending scenes, and the end(s) stretched for the last ~ 22 minutes (excluding the credit texts).

I think Jackson put in some EE stuff between all possible endings. smile

sauron
well if that annoyed you you better hope theres no scouring in the EE lol

nazgūl-lord
lol good point Sauron

vishal2004
i bet that the extended version will add about 25mins of those boring endings
I can venture from now that the TWO TOWERS EXT. VERSION was the best of all 3.
no boring parts at all

orlandoOYEA
They arent boring, its there was a lot of diffrent closure. If you think they were boring, why did you watch the movie

eleveninches
Even if he had read the book, he wouldn't know that he thinks of the movie ending as boring until he actually did go and see it

Kitoky
You only thought it was too long because your guys' butts was so sore you couldn't think of anything else stick out tongue Just kidding, I think it's even shorter then the beginng of the trilogy, FotR which it took longer for them to get to Rivendell then to travel as a Fellowship.

Leggy_n_Merry
I agree with Cam I thought it was great I don't understand why people think it's annoying - it was brilliant! I was thinking in the cinema - oooh no it's then end I don't wanna go sad but then it carried on and it happened loadsa times big grin I didn't care about how much I needed a pee or how much my ass hurt I just wanted to stay and watch more!! big grin

Kitoky
They didn't like how it dragged on because they were more concerned about stretching and rubbing their butts and getting to the bathroom in time. big grin

Leggy_n_Merry
Yeah lol I understand what they felt - sitting in the cinema for about 4 hours aint a comfortable thing! Plus holding pee in that long hurts a lot too it does yes haha!

Kitoky
Unless you go to one of those TinselTown theatres where you get comfy seats.

Leggy_n_Merry
Well here in the UK there ain't any of those *sigh* and the seats are really uncomfortable sad I've always wanted a cinema to have really confy seats - just like a sofa - ahhh that's be nice big grin

orlandoOYEA
Indeed it would. I usually take up 3 seats and lay across them, lol

Smodden
i always thought the multiple endings were simalir to christmas morning:

when you think yo've opend all the presents and ur realy happy, and you think that christmas is over....you find another hidden present under the tree......then another.....then another...

just like the endings......you just keep getting more presents when you think youve opend them all...big grin

orlandoOYEA
Perfect way to say it, they just keep getting better and better

Kitoky
Into the West closed the Trilogy perfectly, wouldn't have it any other way. big grin

Discos
good call, especially the sub-animated images during the credits, I stayed to the end of "into the west"

Discos - the cleaners were egre to get us out

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.