Favorite sowrd slinging heroes/villains

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
mine are Blade and Snake Eyes

SnakeEyes
fine then! nobody has any?

Silver Surfer66
i like blade

Joker1237
Vampire Hunter D, may not be a comic,

Gregory
Katana, from the Outsiders.

norrin radd
Seijurou Hiko and Kenshin Himura

D. is great to, may not be a comic, but awsome character.

and of course ZORRO.

ScarletSpider
The ever-classic herculean barbarian...CONAN!!! With such memorable quotes as "Few problems in this world cannot be solved by cold steel."

Although I do fancy a variety of melee weapons, any character who uses a sword is instantly awesome. Except for Black Knight, while I am a Black Knight fan, he's too wussy to ever use anything but the blunt of his sword.

SnakeEyes
who is Black Knight?
also, medieval Spawn is pretty neato.
Snake Eyes is the awesome ninja master with his Katana! yeah go him! that and Stormshadow.

Arachnoidfreak
Oh yea, Conan the Barbarian!

SnakeEyes
hmmm, nobody has said Kroenen

norrin radd

ScarletSpider
Black Knight was a member of the Avengers, was part of Heroes For Hire and is a member of the Knights of the Pendragon and has a bunch of ties to the mystical real of Avalon. Originally he weilded the ebony blade, a magical blade with an enchantment that could rend anything it cut in to. Because it had an evil influence on him he later abandoned it and had some sort of laser sword, which he could use on various settings ranging from stun to orignal recipe to kill to extra-crispy. Yet again later, he was given magical armor by the Lady of the Lake while in Avalon. The armor was super light and made of Elven metal, yet more durable than mortal metal. He also recieved a sword and shield of the same ultra-durable yet ultra-light metal. The shield could absorb energy, and could channel it through to the sword, which could expell the energy in concussive blasts. He also had a winged steed to ride upon.

Linkalicious
I've always loved Snake Eyes...but I also like his Cobra counter part.

You know...the white ninja dude. I think his name was like Storm or something...

i'll post a pic.

Linkalicious
http://img70.exs.cx/img70/1352/gijoe_transformers05.jpg

FeceMan
HE KILLED OPTIMUS PRIME!

Linkalicious
damn right he did. he's not one of my fav's because he fights for the Pink team. he's a bad mother-fuqa.

And that's from the GI Joe vs. Tranformers comics....I bet that's a pretty dope series..

Joker1237
great lol. I also like Achilles from the Iliad.

Conan, I cant belive I forgot about him,

Luke Skywalker (Does lightsavers count???)

Alpha Centauri
LightSABRES.

Shatterstar is really cool.

-AC

who?-kid
Yeah, Conan rocks !

Other great sword slingers : Aragorn (why not ?), Thorgal, Zaitochi, Maximus Decimus Meridus, Zorro (yes, him too) and Lancelot (if you have read "The Once and Future King", you'll know he's probably the best ever).

O yes, before I forget it, another cool sword slinger (though he prefers his enormous axe) : see the picture.

§nakehead
connor mecloed

§nakehead
how the hell did he defeat optimus prime!

bardock
that is stormshadow i belive. i think trunks is badass

SuperDarryl
I have to go with Blade as my favorite swordsmith. but Optimus Prime killed by a human with a sharp sword, I can't believe that.

Joker1237
He killed Optimus Prime in his sleep lol.

SnakeEyes
how did he defeat optimus?
also shatterstar is awesome! genetically engineered to be the perfect warrior!

Alpha Centauri
He just has the element of awesomeness. Gotta love a die hard warrior.

-AC

ScarletSpider
The ultimate swordsmaster!

Joker1237
Leo is cool, but my fav Turtle is Donnie. lol. I loved them Turtles.

ScarletSpider
Another favorite swordsman of mine, Solomon Kane, the "dour Puritan". A Robert E. Howard creation, along with Conan, Kull and Bran Mak Morn.

Marvel adapted him for a comic book mini series, and he was often featured in the large black and white Conan Magazines during the 70's. The books are also great, and any pulp fan should pick them up.

He lived and adventured mostly in the late 1600's and early 1700's. He fought evil abroad, as it was his calling from God. As he is written, he is probably the best swordsman with a rapier of his day. In one memorable fight, he faces off with a man in impenetrable chain mail armor. Thinking he has Kane on the ropes, the man is sorely dissapointed, when with a perfect lightening fast strike, Solomon thrusts his blade tip through the man's eyesocket and into his brain. Don't mess with Kane, he'll seriously **** you up.

moshtitan
War hulk all the way.

FrothByte
yah stormshadow is cool. i like him more than snake eyes, coz he's more ruthless. i believe he turned to becom a gi joe later on though. conan rocks... he was the one and only sword brawler. connor mcleod counts too. darthmaul is probably my favorite... awesome fighter. kenshin himura and shishio are good. shatterstar is great. but the one that tops them all is master YODA!!!!

JuggernautFan
i was reading through the list, and this was what i was going to post... you beat me to it. war hulk whips the whole lot of them, put together.

badsymbiote
Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, and Leonardo of tmnt. Pretty standard.

lft4ded
I'm going with the opposite of Leo, the Shredder.

I read the Gi Joe vs Transformers comic. IIRC that was just the cover. Stormshadow was killed by Prime actually once he murdered one of the Autobots while trying to protect Cobra Commander.

Snake's quote was, I think "I'm going to need a new ninja". Funny stuff.

SnakeEyes
wow, i am surprised sp many like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! shocking!
i think Blade, SnakeEyes, Stormshadow, and Shatterstar are the coolest, but could somebody tell me about War Hulk, i have only heard OF him before.

norrin radd

lft4ded
As a test for some new Celestial technology Apocalypse grafted several implants into Hulk, transforming him into his Horseman, War. War then proceeded to wail on Absorbing Man, Juggernaut, and Rick Jones.

Stormshadow (in a battlesuit) killed Trailbreaker - then Prowl, Bluestreak, and Gears killed him. Prime wasn't involved at all.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.