TV show in the 80s (Out of this World)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

10thingshelp
There was a TV show that I used 2 watch as a kid and I cant for the life of me remember what it was called.

All I can remember is that the main character, a girl, could freeze time by putting her index fingers together, and unfreeze time by clapping her hands. She uses this power by cheating on a test where you had to be the fastest to answer some question. The boy next to her hadnt even written his name!
Also her father used to talk to her from a 80 light up prism thingo, it lit up with different colours everytime he talked, she later found out he was some kind of alien.
The theme music was "would you like to swing on a star, carry moonbeams home in a jar, or be better off than you are or would you rather be on Earth"
Its an old song but they changed the last word to Earth.

Any help is much appreciated!

SlipknoT
was it Small Wonder?

10thingshelp
No, :-( it doesnt fit the description of whats in my head, i pulled this off TV Tome, but it did make me realise that the TV show im looking for WAS American. Thanks anyways.......

Welcome to the Small Wonder guide at TV Tome.

Small Wonder was a sci-fi sitcom about a family who has a robot daughter. Ted Lawson, an engineer at a huge
robotics firm, brings home a project that he is working on: a robot in the shape of a 10-year-old girl. The robot was a
Voice Input Child Indenticant, but was nicknamed Vicki for short. Not only did she brighten up Ted's wife Joan, but also
was a great sister to their only child Jamie Lawson. They tried to keep the fact that Vicki was a robot from the entire world,
but found it difficult when their neighbors, The Brindles, started snooping around the house. What the bad part was, Brandon
Brindle, the head of the Brindle family, was Ted's boss and he does his best to lie, cheat and steal to get him further up the
ladder. His wife, Bonnie, was no better than he was, and his bratty daughter Harriet had a killer crush on Jamie.</p>
Jamie, however, would rather play with Reggie, his best friend and confidant than to have Harriet chase him everywhere.
Jamie also tried to teach Vicki how to be a normal kid, but all she could do is mimic people and do things literally. Vicki
also had an evil side to her named Vanessa, who was smart-mouthed, conniving and treacherous at times. But other than that,
the Lawsons enjoyed four years of living with a robot and no one outside the family was ever the wiser, not even the ever-nosy
Brindles.</p> Small Wonder ran in syndication from 1985 to 1989 and was a ratings hit. There were talks of doing
a spin-off series dedicated to Vanessa named Too Good to Be True but it died in the planning stages.</p>

Theme Song:

She's a small wonder
Pretty and bright with soft curls
She's a small wonder
A girl unlike other girls
She's a miracle, and I grant you, she'll enchant you at first sight
She's a small wonder
And she'll make your heart take flight
She's fantastic, made of plastic
Microchips here and there
She's a small wonder,
Brings love and laughter everywhere!

10thingshelp
come to think of it are there any internet sites that might have a database on TV shows made from 1980 to 1990, its a shot in the dark but maybe i could try searching anyways?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tex
OMG!!!! It was called: "Out of this World"

I grew up watching that show! I loved it!!!!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092423/

I miss the 80s cry

10thingshelp
OMG!!!!!!!!!

Thats it!!!! YAH! THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU

(10thingshelp holds hand with TEX and jumps up and down gleefully)

its directed by scott baio!!!!!

oh that has been bugging me 4 years! :-) :-) :-)

whew!

I watched back to the future, and ive decided i dont care what era it is im pretending its the 80s right now!

Im gonna start wearing my denim jacket with a shirt with the sleeves rolled up!!!! wanna join me! he he he

Tex
yes

10thingshelp
big grin

Asami
I remember this show! Kids tv just isn't as good anymore sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.