criminal actions you dotn find wrong

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bardock
i dont think drug dealers are doing anything more than giving people what they want. the volience only comes becausse it is against the law. do you guys have any thoughts on the topic?

Mr Zero
vastly simplistic -

Most drug dealing is linked on some level to organized crime, so the drug dealers you speak of are in fact supporting criminal organizations that are responsible for many other of societys ills.

The point is that to end this state of afairs we should legalize drug use.

Dexx
what if you kid would be one of those persons that gets what he wants? wink
i'm sure you'd have no bad feelings for the poor dealer

bardock
true. but i agree that many drugs should be made legal to stop the voilence.

bardock
supply and demand is what drug dealing is about. if money is to be made someone will make it

Darth Revan
Doing drugs isn't wrong. Dealing drugs, at least the way it's done now, is.

Graffiti isn't wrong... I know there's some other stuff but I can't think of it at the moment

Victor Von Doom
Precisely.

WindDancer
Buying stolen goods might not be a wrong.....as long as you didn't know they were actually stolen.

HockeyHorror
we NEED more drug dealers in society. so all the idiots could die from overdose. yes

HockeyHorror
also the government brings the drugs to america from different locations...so dont blame on the people yes

WindDancer
Yeah, but if we allowed drug dealers to prosper is just letting the rich get richer. If we go with the conspiracy that the government supplies drugs, and allowed more drug dealers on the streets.....that's like supporting the government. So in the end the government wins.

§nakehead
I dont find tomb raiding wrong no not laura craft the guys that raid pyramids

Darth Revan
Tomb raiding is wrong, sorry. How would you like it if some foreign guy came over here one day and decided to dig up your grandma's grave to see what was in it?

Darth Revan
Well it's not like the gov't doesn't already let the rich get richer wink

Alpha Centauri
You can go back and forth about drug and while there'd be complications, legalising all drug would end alot more bad things than it would cause. Fact.

-AC

shaber
Black marketeers of strong drugs overcharge and don't provide proper health warnings.

Also they're likely to cut corners in expenses by such means as mixing the drugs with broken glass. They are in the wrong on many counts.

Fire
maybe stealing food because you're starving but most crimes are just wrong.

Dexx
yes.
you have to realise..that most of crimes there is a law for, are indeed harmful to the society. you can't say that you find a crime not wrong, so long as you call it a crime. what you CAN say..is that some laws are idiotic, OR that a new or revised constitution would be BETTER suited for today's society. that is indeed wrong

and no matter what you chaps say..i'll never believe that doing drugs isn't wrong, because..it simply is. it will destroy your life, for sure..(and i'm not talking about weed..that's even legal in some places)

Ushgarak
Geez, if I could I take all people who would justify acts just because people WANT them, and remove them from scoeity as soon as possible. What a hideous idea! Society exists almost precisely to stop that kind of mentality- that you can have things just because you want them, regardless of consequence! And it is very much the business of Government to remove or restrict public access to things that will harm them and society as a whole.

Manôkhâu
Marijuana is okay.....but I wouldn't quote Darth Revan's post.
Stealing food if your starving shoudn't be a crime.....but they have shelters and such for that.
Eating an Orange in a bath tub should not be a crime.
Legalising drugs, would yes, make ppl happier and also end alot of bad things-but imagine your kid or something going to a corner store, and some guys just shot up on heroine, and they go all crazy on the kid's ass.

§nakehead
we do it all the time in the name of science. And when Im dead I wont care. stealing food if your starving is another example

Fire
Ush is right

aah well I found another thing that is (atleast in belgium) a crime and shouldn't be one committing suicide, is a crime in belgium, you are hardly ever prosecuted but you will have to pay for all the costs that were needed to A save your life B help you get better.

About Tomb Raiding, in the name of science I don't consider it a crime but for personal gain it is a crime

shaber
Rules prohibiting suicide were added to the Bible in the days of imperial Rome to dissuade slaves from topping themselves right and left! There is not really any ethical reason against it.

Moo Cow
i dont see how graffiting isnt wrong. its destruction of public and/or private prperty really. if you went to a public park to enjoy the scenery, i dont think you like to see graffiti on things such as retaining walls or public restrooms.
i dont think you would appritiate graffiti on the side of your house would you? expecially if you were trying to sell your house.
besides, graffiti is just ugly.

Mr Zero
Since we are in the philosophy forum...

You seem to be asking for a moral judgment - if we can name a criminal action which we feel is "not wrong" - for the sake of argument lets call it "right".

However criminal acts are not about what we do or do not find "wrong" as individuals - thats an arbitrary moral judgment you are asking for. Although it's often supposed that if you break the law you are "bad" that predisposes that the laws in question are "good" - it's been proved historically over and over again that this isnt the case.

A criminal act is one which is committed in violation of an existing law - nothing more or less: Its a method by which governmental punishment can be meted out to keep the population "safe". (or as some would tell you "in check"wink

Wrong or Right does not come into it - you are either in violation of the law or you are not: the only deciding factor being that it depends on how good a solicitor you can afford.

The actions that make you "criminal" or not are often portrayed as moral actions by the media, but this is only because the laws - designed to uphold the current ruling body - have to be justified somehow and this is the easiest way of selling it to a population.

What constitutes a fair and reasonable law varies from country to country, state to state, decade to decade. It's smart to be aware of the laws you are expected to live under, but far smarter to make up your own mind what "right and wrong" are.

/rant.

Darth Revan
But you don't need to actually go IN the tomb to see what's there. They have the technology now to get a camera in a tomb without letting any outside air in, so they can study it without disturbing it at all.

My idea on drugs is... It's not morally "wrong" to do drugs. Just because you're harming yourself doesn't make it so. And the act of smoking pot or sniffing crack itself doesn't hurt the public either. Yes, drugs indirectly do damage to society, all I'm saying is that making using them illegal isn't going to help anything.

WindDancer
There is no need to make the Government much more richer. Don't support drug dealers. wink

Alpha Centauri
If drugs were legal, all drugs, we wouldn't have to support drug dealers. Purely because there wouldn't be need for them anymore. Only the government can rid the world of drug dealers.

STREET dealers more appropriately.

-AC

finti
drinking a beer outside in not asigned public places like bars/pubs and restaurants.
here in Norway you are fined if you drink alcoholic bevarages in public

Alpha Centauri
So like, bars and pubs in Norway aren't allowed benches outside or anything? You have to actually consume the drink IN the building? Or just within a certain radius?

-AC

finti
yno they are allowed bences and tables outside, I thought I edited my reply but the machine froze so I didnt get to check wetter it was the first unedited or the edited one that got posted.
that quote should have read
drinking a beer outside asigned public places like bars/pubs and restaurants.

Sorry for the unclear post

shaber
There are alot of technical crimes that aren't wrong at all confused

Jedi Priestess
downloading music shouldnt be crimminal.....

Punkyhermy
It really depends on the situation.
Actions are judged by Intentions.

fever red
Consensual sexual acts between adults should not be illegal.
When money is involved, however, "consent" can be justifiably questioned. The act is not performed because it is desired or enjoyed on an emotional or physical level. It is performed for money and often the need for money stems from desperate circumstances. Its almost a "gun to the head" kind of consent. Sex work is work that no one should have to perform- it is dangerous, it is abusive. Kind of like working in a slaughterhouse. So why is that legal?
Sorry that paragraph is off-topic, but I was anticipating that someone would bring up prostitution is response to my first sentence.
To clarify it, all that was necessary, I felt. But sodomy, homosexuality, sale, demonstration, and use of sex toys- all good in my book. But people get arrested for these things to this date.

§nakehead
I do not find Vigilanteism wrong

Papaumau
Criminal actions are by definition all wrong, as, if they were right they would not be criminal.

After that statement all we can discuss is the interpretation of the laws and whether they are right or wrong themselves.

Phoenix
Euthanasia

ladygrim
to me drug dealing is just as bad a selling some one booze in a pub .. u sell them to much it could end up devasting give them a little its up to them if they wont more ...( but i dont like drug dealing i just see it like that) u dont see landlrds getting arrested for giving someone there booze .. which is just as dangerous as drugs..

Syren
I've got to say that although dealers are perhaps simply doing a 'public service' in some people's views, they still deal to children and first timers. Dealers don't give a damn who they sell to, I was a dealer and although I was conscientious at first, I'll be the first to admit that as the easy money came rolling in, the conscience went rolling out erm

shaber
sheesh, doesn't KMC have any standards?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.