Your most prize comic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Joker1237
I sure we all collected comics of some sorts and take good care of them. But out of all the comics you own, what is the one you like the most? It can be for any reason, AGE(Who knows you might have Spiderman's first comic and so you prize that most) Story line ete.

Mine would be the Killer Joke, I got a reprint, But I prize it because it is the best Joker story ever, and in 50 years who knows??

OTher one would Be Batgirl DC first Joker. Yes I have that one, That is my 2nd most prize comic. Not for the art work, or age(2002). But I like the story.

ScarletSpider
Oh jeez, there are so many.

What If? volume 1 #1. Spider-Man joins the Fantastic Four. Good story, and a surprise twist at the end. Sue Storm, feeling uneeded, now that Spider-Man is on the team, shacks up with Namor! WHAT!

Second appearance of the All New All Different X-Men. The issue after the Giant Sized where they were introduced. Thunderbird is still alive, he dies the issue right after. Just having one of his original 3 appearances is a coolness factor for me.

All of my orignal Invaders stuff. Union Jack crippled by Baron Blood, the birth of Spitfire, Red Rajah coming to power. So good.

There are so many more, but I'd run out of room lol.

Joker1237
Granpa gave me some real old comics, from the 1960's He did not take good care of them. Tarzan and Submainer were the main ones. And a few Wonder Woman comics from that time period. I putting them in there plasitc thingies to keep better care of them hopely.

ScarletSpider
Yeah, all of the ones I listed are from my father's collection, along with probably 600 more. Late 60's and throughout the 70's

Alpha Centauri
Hmm. I like the fact that I own a Fantastic Four comic giant sized called "What if Dr.Doom became a hero?".

Purely coz not that many people got it. I love the Supes/Doomsday fight issues. All my Surfer's, Herald Ordeal in particular.

30th Anniversary Captain America is cool.

-AC

Joker1237
What shape are they in?? Did your dad take good care of them?? Or In bad shape?

Alpha Centauri
My cousin gave me alot of them but I've bulked the collection myself.

They're in pretty good condition really. Depends. Comic dealers probably wouldn't want them to sell on. They aren't in that good condition but if you want them just to own, read and have the novelty of, then I'd say they're great.

-AC

ScarletSpider
They're in pretty good condition. None of them are super ultra mint condition. But I have a box of the ones in better condition, and then a box of ones that have no covers or got a little ruined.

Mr Zero
Mostly if I prize a comic it's for sentimental reasons - I have an old issue of Swamp Thing signed by Moore / Totleben and an old X-men by Byrne / Claremont that I'm attached to purely for the giddy fanboy "i met them" moment.

Mr Zero
Did you read that 3 issue ellis/cassady Union Jack mini series a few years back. revisited all that old Baron Blood stuff - good times.

ScarletSpider
Haven't read it yet. I'm looking around to see if I can get it somewhere. I heard it was good though.

moshtitan
i have a few i prize so dearly, i dont dare look at them(j/k) they are...
Wolverine #1 graded 9.2, the Amazing Spiderman 129 graded 9.0, and most of of the Incredible Hulk # 181(currently being graded). i also like a few for sentimental value...Hulk vs. Darkness, all of the Street Fighter comics, X-Force 1 and 2, Fantastic 4 #249, and the Infinity Gaulnet run.

Joker1237
So how do they grade? what type of damage gives them 80's or 70's ?

moshtitan
they grade on the condition of the spine, tears rips, bent cornerswater and air damage, stuff like that. a couple of bent page corners, and some spine damage will get you a solid 8.0. kinda hard to keep them in the 9.0's

Joker1237
My Batgirl comic just has a ripple on the cover(and in doing so in the pages up to 2 or 3 pages)

I guess thats a 80 right there.

moshtitan
maybe not...i could be wrong.

Arachnoidfreak
Hmm... I wouldnt remember what my most prize comic is, because my crate of all of my prized comics suddenly dissappeared unexplicably. Goddamn parents. More details in the comic book tradegy thread.

ska57
JLA Tower of Babel-- One of the best story lines i've ever read.

Joker1237
Sorry to hear about that Archnoidfreak, Hope you didnt lose any very rare comics.

Arachnoidfreak
Yes, yes I did. Xmen #1, Thor #s 1 and 2...others that I dont remember.

Joker1237
X-Men 1 Thor 1, I would have chop off my left (I left handed which is why) for ONE of thsos comics, I chop off the right for the other lol,

jayson
Journey into mystery no.83. first issue of Thor. the comis given to me by my brother that made me decide to study ancient viking myth. I'm now doing a PHd in this subject.

JuggernautFan
i have the death of superman (book version) that is signed and has a certificate of authentication. i also have a wolverine vs. hulk book (not sure on exact issue) signed by stan lee himself..... cool if you ask me.

Magee
Cool, any comics i see with a sqwigel that resembles the name stan or lee usualy marks it out of my money range lol, unless it aint original.

hmm mine has to be Infinity Gauntlet #1 signed by George Perez! The fact that its George Perez doing artwork involving Thanos just makes it my favourite, may be worth a lil something in good few yrs. And Spiderman movie adaption signed by Alan Davis and Mark Farmer. Thats it realy. Most of my comics r just collectors editions. Essential xmen, Avengers united, batman legends and various others.

§nakehead
over the edge and under the buck #1 staring daredevil

Alpha Centauri
Look at you all with your signed comics. Pfft.

My cousin has a Surfer #1 signed by John Buscema but he wouldn't give me that. I had to get Surfer #1 alone.

-AC

Linkalicious
Secret Wars #8 Spiderman's Black Costume

The Breaking of Batman i think it's #497

Batman #500 when he comes back almost robotic and whoops Bain.

Marvels 1-4 because the art is killer and the i like the origins/stories of Spidey, Surfer, Angel, and Torch.

And i totally forget, but i think it's an X-men comic or something where Wolvie gets his skeleton ripped out by Mags. I love the holograph on the cover...

Joker1237
I have Knightfall all in 3 big books (Even though these books are missing a couple of comics like how did Bruce Waynes back get heal? Or how did he saved the doctor from being kidnap if he saved her??

I do have the laughing Fish and the Sign of the Joker. 1974

Ironman 66
my most prized comic is spiderman 1 i bought it for 300 bucks

Magee
original, spiderman #1?!?!?!? If original i seriously doubt u bought it for 300 bucks, i mean that thing sells for like 100k or so. blink

Alpha Centauri
I just found original Secret Wars, a few original Secret Wars 2, a Punisher with Robocop on the front cover which I've never seen outside of my collection (although I'm sure others have it. Must be rare tho), First appearance of Dr.Octopus somewhere. It's probably battered though.

-AC

MaxCarnage
my complete series of Ultimate Spider-Man: Goblin's Return
all in very good condition
also my Spider-Man Universe #1
and Spider-Man: Venom V/S Carnage issue #1 (just cause I love Carnage & Venom)

MaxCarnage
you bought it from someone REAL dumb didn't ya?

moshtitan
ya, thats the best damn deal ive ever heard of.

Alpha Centauri
It's probably at LEAST just GOOD condition. Which as we all know, in the comics world, isn't good at all. You have to get it at grade VF to have it decent.

There is no way in Hell he got Spider-Man #1 in NM for $300.

-AC

Shadow_King
i would say JLA/Avenger is my most prized comic

Kontraz
i like my (marvel) transformers #5. Don't really like the story, but the cover is awesome, so its become pretty valuable.

ScarletSpider
My original Champions and The Human Fly comics. The Human Fly, by Marvel was based off of the real guy at the time, calling himself the Human Fly. He would scale buildings, do really cool "death defying" stunts for charity, and bake really, really awesome brownies.

Ironman 66
i bought that from my dad he made me pay for it cause hes an *******

Joker1237
Hey I can say I bought Det Batman 1938 for 40 somthing $, But when you guys see that its Batman's first 25 or so stories in a Book, you know it was a buch of reprints. lol.

Into the Void
Well, I bought the first and second appearences of carnage for $8 and $5 respectively, both in at least very fine condition. the first appearance alone is supposed to be worth $35, so I can believe a battered Spiderman 1 for $300.

ragesRemorse
my most valuable comic is death of the green goblin, but my favorite are probably the fatal attraction series pertaining to marvel atleast

manjaro
my most prized comix are

Superman:the Dark Side

The Inaugeral Savage Dragon(Trade)

Battle of Champions(this is from in the 80's, when the Gamemaster, and Death captured every single hero in the marvel universe and pitted them against each other to determine the fate of the gamemaster) ill as sh!t man.

also, hulk:future imperfect

incidentally all my comix are in tip top form. you couldnt tell that Ive had them for years, for i treat them like children. i also wipe down the covers w/rubbing alcohol every now and then

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.