Original Darth Vader Line "Luke, I Am Your Father!"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

moonwalker741
dows anybody know this..?

the famous "Luke, I Am Your Father!" line that Darth Vader says was not the original line

Since David Prowse <sp? got jipped and he found out he was not the vader voice, when he or who ever it was in the suit, said that famous line, originaly, the person in suite said from in the script was "Luke, Obiwan killed your father!" and thats why luke is crying like a little b!tch, so when james earl jones voiced over the darth vader lines, gl told james earl jones to change the line to "Luke, I am your father!"....

sources...my brother told me, ill find out where he heard this....

Vader Raider
Yes in an interview with Mark Hamill he has stated this in fact I just re-read the interview a few days ago when he talked about the same thing..

Boris
Do you know thats not even the line he says......
its "No. I am your father." lol

moonwalker741
oo sorry lol big grin

Mordecai
I thought Prowse was told to say that line because he was a motor mouth and would have babbled to the press about the twist, only Lucas, Hamill and Jones actually knew the twist, hence, why no-one saw it coming.

So it wasn't the original line, it was a fake, a cover-up.

falcon

Manôkhâu
So they "jiped" Prowse because he was a blabber mouth?
Nice!

Ushgarak
Yes indeed. GL kept this stuff very secret and Prowse was not in on it.

Manôkhâu
That's hilarious......feel bad for him though.... geek

Sith Master X
It makes sense though, Vader saying Obi-wan killed your father, and the reaction that Luke makes...it does fit well, but I do like how it was finalized better..."No, I am your father."

Lol, Lucas was a bit sneaky there indeed...but it worked I guess.

DrewWhatsUp
Its true he did originally say "Obi Wan killed your father" but thats only because Lucas wanted to keep the secret that darth vader was lukes father. It was just lucas's clever way from keeping the big secret from getting out.

Deal with it. Happy Dance

mephistodesigns
I think that's been established, no? But good repeat post. Never get enough of them.

PVS
NO!!! the original line was "obiwan killed your father!!!"
GL only used the line to keep the plot twist a secret!!!

(just f'n with you guys) laughing laughing out loud laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing laughing out loud laughing

mephistodesigns
laughing

moonwalker741
ok, prowse said "no obiwan killed your father"
jones voiced over "no, i am your father"

only lucas, hammil and kershner<sp? (empire director) knew

point settled

PVS
NO MOONWALKER YOU ARE WRONG!!!!

its was PROWSE who said "no, obiwan killed your father,
and JONES who said"no, i am your father.

nobody knew except for hammil, lucas and kershner!!!

laughing laughing repeat posts rule!!! laughing laughing

queeq
Shall I repeat it one more time then? evil face

waynerobsonuk
what aboiut teh rumour that the line was 'No Obi wan is your father...?' Just a rumour or does this have a basis in fact?

Wayne...

PVS
thats just rumor

jbdubz1978
If the line was originally 'Obi Wan killed your father' and Lucas wanted to keep it a big secret up to the point of the films release (actually he, J.E. Jones and the sound guy were the only ones that new of the twist) can someone explain the contradiction to that theory that is created when Luke is saved by Leia in the Falcon? While laying down in the Falcon, Luke is arisen by Vader's "Luke.." and then clearly, visually says "...father", and Vader, "....son". Unless that piece was filmed in complete secrecy with only Lucas behind the camera filming Hamill, and J.E Jones on the mic, any other possible scenario is invalid. And what about the editing team? Wouldn't they know of the twist as well?

I have searched and searched for evidence of this contradiction and am unable to locate anything addressing it, indicating it is quite possibly just juice used to generate unnecessary hype around what is already one of the most amazing and dramatic scenes in cinematic history.

queeq
Mark Hamill also knew what the original line was going to be. I mean, that would be kinda important.

I bet Prowse responded to Hamill's yell in the likes of: now, now, that's a bit overacted, isn't it... wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.