*Justice League Unlimited*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

badsymbiote
I have been getting excited about this show, but I never saw what happened to Hawk Girl. Where is she? A friend told me she had kind of a falling out with GL, but I never saw or heard what happened. Can someone fill me in?

BlackHatDefect
You might want to move this,its not
an anime

WindDancer
Moving to Comic Book section.

Magee
Well heres what happened. She was actualy a spy for her homeworld geting info on earth or sum shit. Then Hawkman turns up, her wife and he's all like rite were gonna build some kind of hyper drive thing to attack these guys, lol cant be assed going through it all. Then the JLA get hunted down and they learn everyones identity, wally west clark kent etc because they need to change into normal cloths so the bird dudes cant beat the crap outta them, blah blah. Then when thats all done and finished, bye bye earth,theres no more JLA, earths gone.

Nah im just kidding. Then they kick those bird guys ass's, GL fights Hawkman, with help from hawkgirl, fights here and there wonderwoman's all like, yo wat up ***** then the JLA win, yea ok? Then they have meeting to decide wether hawkgirl should be allowed back on the JL, they agreed she could but hawkgirl refused then flash gave her a big hug, she flew away, GL cryed and all's well that ends well, ty ty i'll be here all night.

Joker1237
So does Hawkman die? is This the same Hawkman that was on the old super freinds show??

No.9
I've never seen the Super Friends show but Hawkman wasnt called hawkman (i think anyway) it's the general of the Thanagarian(sp) army that was in charge of the fleet sent to Earth. He's betroved to hawkgirl. Or was at least. I cant remember if he died or not.

Mane
man youve never seen the Super Friends???? pfft glare

Magee
nah Hawkman doesnt die. He's just like, yo lets get the fuk outta here, these dudes r whack. And off they go.

I only call him Hawkman coz ye know, shes hawkgirl, he was her husband....

No.9
Sorry embarrasment I'm 16 so maybe it's before my time?? when was it shown?

Mane
probably mid-late 80's, but they re-ran them al throughout the 90's

ScarletSpider
16 my ass. I'm 15, and I KNOW Superfriends. They were all over Cartoon Network for awhile, and now Boomerang.

I am excited to see how JLU works out.

Arachnoidfreak
All I have to say is, GREEN ARROW!

Yea, he kicks ass. I have a soft spot for archers.

Joker1237
That seems good to a point, I like the hero Hawkman, and if they turn him into a bad guy, I would start a big rave right now. It might not be the same guy hopely.

wuTa
he was the bad guy in the last episode...green arrow is gonna kick ass but i'm hopin that i get to see nightwing as well but i doubt that will happen

Mane
Cartoon Network listed the JLU members. here they are

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Flash
Supergirl
Martain Manhunter
Green Arrow
Green Lantern
Captain Atom

Joker1237
Think they have Hal Jordan GL or are they staying with John?

Mane
no its still John

Arachnoidfreak
John should die. I hate John. The worst GL ever. He's so generic. Kill him off and introduce Guy Gardner!

Joker1237
Forget Gardner, I want Hal Jordan lol.

Mane
i want Kyle Rayner GL and Hal Jordan Spectre

punkyhermy
I HATE THE INTRO!!!!!!!!!!
I WANT THE OLD EPIC LOOKING ONE BACK!!!!!

manjaro
its becuz john is black isnt it?,..............................................just kidding

Joker1237
No thats not the reason of all I like BLACK Volcone over John and he is back(member of the superfreinds)

punkyhermy
I hate green lantern!

Joker1237
You change your sig and avtor, nice, So I think Andi's not making a come back soon lol.

Arachnoidfreak
Green Lantern rocks. It's just John Stewart himself that sucks.

Joker1237
Yeah I like the Green Lantern, Dont like John Stewart. I like Hal Jordan, He was my fav of all GL, I guess because I like him in the Superfreinds.

punkyhermy
I definately want her back, but since I don't have photoshop, it's gonna be difficult. And I wanted a change. big grin

Mane
yeah GL is tight, but John Stewart sucks nuts

Magee
Yea he does suck. The best thing ive seen him do with his ring is well.... heh yea John sucks. Kyle, that dude knows how to work a ring lol, he has to be the best!!

I seen an advert for JLU and GL didnt look like John Stewart but he was black blink

Wow cool i just typed in JLU in google and look what i got!! Look what i got!!

badsymbiote
That is EXACTLY what I said when I read that.
Poor kid--you really should watch Super Friends. I loved that show. What a great cartoon. Anyhow--they've released some of the episodes on dvd--you sould go out and get some.

And, thanks for the info you guys. I do appreciate it. And it looks like Unlimited is gonna have us reeling for a while, until we get acquainted with all the new characters. I, however, am looking forward to it.

badsymbiote
Magee-that was pretty good--you had me going there for a second. Curse my damned trusting nature.

Thanks, Black Hat, obviously posted on the wrong sub-heading, yet, miraculously, obviously answered by the right people. All's well that ends well, says I. Thanks again to all who contributed. You know who you are.

Arachnoidfreak
It premieres tonight!!! woot! Can't wait, it's just 45 minutes away.

ScarletSpider
It was pretty good. Can't wait to see more of the characters getting involved.

Arachnoidfreak
oh yea, Captain Atom exploded!

Joker1237
I go with that as long as Hal Jordan is there, What he is does not matter to me, as Long as he is part of the JL fighing crime. Just get rid of John ok??

Arachnoidfreak
Yes, John is still GL, GODDAMNIT. I was hoping he'd die.

RaventheOnly
t minus one hour 30 mins big grin

punkyhermy
BATMAN ROCKED HARD!!!!!!!!!!LOVED THE SMIRK AT THE END!!!!AND THE WAY HE LEANED BACK AGAINST THE WALL WITH ARMS CROSSED SMIRKING!!!!

ScarletSpider
Yeah! Woo! Awesome body posture sure thrills me! I was on the edge of my seat!

Although there are better GL's I kind of like John. He's the hardass who likes being a hardass, and makes no qualms about it. With a hugely expanded cast, they'll need someone like that.

Arachnoidfreak
Guy Gardner would be better for this team. They really don't have a straight up comedic a$$hole on the team.

wow, he had one or two lines in this episode, and yet you still find something to cream your panties over. confused hmm...

SUPERMANDAMAN
lol

Magee
You lucky son of a ***** Americans. We probably wont get JLU for another 5 months!! Im moving to America lol. Did they change the intro thing? Cause i always hated that stupid Cgi thing or watever it was, it was poo. Damn you.... Damn, you mad

punkyhermy
where do u live then?

Magee
Sunny ole Scotland, the UK incase u dont know SCOTLAND is that country north of England.... stick out tongue

Joker1237
Thanxs to Braveheart us Americans know its next to England lol.

punkyhermy
I lOVE eNGLAND.London to be exact!

Magee
no lol its not next to England, ITS ABOVE ENGLAND!!

Joker1237
oh its above England going by maps, but it depends how you look at the map lol.

Magee
well lol there is only one way to, ABOVE ENGLAND!!

punkyhermy
yeah okay...

Joker1237
I can say Mexcio is below Texas, But I can also say its right next to Texas lol.

Magee
Yea u could say that but.... then there would, ehh.... ABOVE ENGLAND!! Happy Dance

Into the Void
Yea, they changed the Intro

Mane
yeah i just watched the JLU episode, and i thought it was pretty rad. Green Arrow was pretty cool, but no one beats Captain Atom wink

wuTa
yea i just saw it too and i say green arrow kicks more ass than capt. atom.....but they gotta do something with supergirl...i already hate her i was hopin green lantern was gonna kick her ass out of the leauge at the end but of it didnt happen

ragesRemorse
catain atom blows balls, i was hopin he died when he went boom, but was dissapointed

PHANTASM
Bats stole the show...Supergirl was cool though!

Into the Void
How did Batman steal the show!?! HE WAS ON SCREEN FOR 30 SECONDS, TOPS.

Talk about ****ing obsessed.

Mane
i hate idiotic fanboyism

PHANTASM
well.yeah! Doesn't take a genius to figure THAT out!
Besides, the writers ALWAYS give Batslove the best lines!!!!

Mane
you know the "idiotic fanboyism" thiing was directed towards you right?

PHANTASM
1. Actually it's 'fangirlsm' in this case!
2. You know it's true.Bruce Timm seems to like Batmanlove the best!So the show always highlights Batmanlove in one way or the other.That just needs acknowledging!

Mane
Actually the proper term is 'fanboyism' in all cases!

Into the Void
NO! He didn't do anything this episode! He didn't solve a case, he didn't DO ANYTHING! You just cream yourself everytime you see him on screen. He didn't do anything this episode. The only reason he got any screentime at all is because he is part of the Big 7.

PHANTASM
You are wrong there, I'm afraid. Batman persuaded Green Arrow to join the team. He personally made sure he did.

Into the Void
No, he didn't. Green Arrow joined the team on his own accord. Notice he wanted to GO HOME after speaking with Batman. Then he fought the monster, and THEN he wanted to join the team.

Pay attention.

Mane
shes still creamin'

Joker1237
I only caught the last ten mins of the show. I a batfan, But I guess because of it, I like Pumy or Phast or what ever her name is lol.

Into the Void
Yes, but you at least don't explode in your pants, and rant on the message boards when you see Batman on screen. I appriciate that, and respect you for it.

Joker1237
Maybe, Bats is about my number 3 person of my favs in HIS comic, I like Joker he is Tops, Follow by Cain(New Poster for her,For the new best Batgirl of all time) and than Batman.

PHANTASM
Barbara is the best batgirl in my opinion.Her life's tragic!

Into the Void
Barbara was shit. I'm glad Alan Moore crippled her.

Cain is the new hottness yes

PHANTASM
oh I didn't know u were an artist!
Pretty darn good work!
And Barbara was the best batgirl!Still is as she works as Oracle now!

Joker1237
So do I call you Void or Freak???? I come back on line and 2 people change there names, Pumy and Freak. I guess if you get bored with it you change it.

Joker1237
You would not have a photo of her out of the Batsuit. I trying to find a good one in her cilivan life or training?? Void or Freak?

PHANTASM
yeah post a pic of hers...

Mane
i used to follow Batman comics many many years ago, but then i just kinda...stopped...

Into the Void
Cain, out of costume

Into the Void
I'm chinging it back in 14 days. Not a big deal, just call me "Into the Void"

Magee
ooo she looks kinky!!

PHANTASM
oooh cain has muscles...she's tough...

manjaro
i taped the epsisode and plan to for the rest of the season. I liked it. after i rewined and watched it a few more times I have to say that i liked the way they "cheesy-ly" let us know that it wasnt gonna be a superhero free- for- all when they said that J'onn was gonna be the one to send PPL on missions. I dont like how batman played the wall and only had a few lines, but since he's the brains of the OP anyway they probably will just ease him inside slowly like angst virgins.

Magee
I love green arrow, cant wait to see him on screen.

manjaro
wow! was episode 2 cool or what. ive never seen superman cut loose like that man, geez! had mongol's face cracked and swollen and evry thing. what about that beating wonder woman took? dont you think she kind of derserves it? her being so eager to fight and has that stupid warrior code to never back down from a fight thing going. she took those choke slams like a real soldier though

ScarletSpider
Yeah, it was a good episode. Wonder Woman kind of gets on my nerves, so I'm glad to see her get owned every once in awhile.

Punkyhermy
WOW!
'The man who has everthing' was super awesome!Hands down THE BEST episode relating to the JL yet.Better than starcrossed!!!
I LOVED THE dream sequence with Batman and his father beating the crap outta the thug with the gun...and that dreamy smile on his face...aaawww...Superman's fantasy world was also hearbreaking...

Mr Zero
AM I reading this right? They adapted Alan Moores ****ing brilliant "for the man who has everything" superman story for the LJU?

Sweet jefus paranormal!!! Im going to download this when I get home...

ScarletSpider
Yeah, it was great. They gave Moore a writing credit too, his name flashes on the screen at the beggining.

Mr Zero
Is it set in the fortress of solitude????

Do they do the whole thing with Supes going balls-out balistic when he realises what mongol did to him? Is he married to LANA or LOIS? Does he have kids?

Do they have the plant land on Bats and have his parents live?

is JASON TODD in it??????????????

**** me backwards - this series might just be worth watching.

manjaro
he's married to some other hoe all together but she's still a reporter though, and the jason Todd thing didnt happen, but mogol got his face smashed hard though, and WW took about 3 choke slams that sent her thru the floor of the fortress

Punkyhermy
Yes it IS set in the fortress of solitude.
Yes,Superman get's furious and kicks his ass bad. at one point he also says,through gritted teeth, "DO U REALISE WHAT U DID TO ME?"And smashes Mongul's face!
Yes, he has a son.He got a pretty redhead for a wife who apparently has Dana Delany providing her voice and is a combination of Lana and Loius.

And YES!BATMAN'S FATHER BEATS TEH CRAP OUTTA THE THUG!!!And lil Brucey's cheering his dad on,his mother beside him. that when WW,in an attempt to shake batman off the trance, calls out his name.Bruce hears it in his dream sequence, immeadiately realizes that this is not reality and in shadows on the wall we get a brief glimpse the man throwing Thomas Wayne off him and aiming the rifle at him.Batman shakes back to reality.
It was an extremely well doen episode.ESPECIALLY the Bruce's parent's death part.VERY heartbreaking.

oh and u can catch it again next SATURDAY in the morning,at ...I'm guessing 11:30 or 11:00.Check it out at CN.com! smile

Mr Zero
CRAP! CRAP! Yall know I live in the Uk and we wont get this for like 100 years or so. I saw the first JLU episode had been posted to the newsgroups and was all "ah...whats the point of getting it, its all going to be the same old..."

But... this is one of my all time fave bat/sups stories...

The thing that struck me about it most when reading it was that Supes had this elaborate hearts desire involving Krypton and family and the love of a woman... and all Bats had was his father taking the gun from Joe Chill. That simplicity made it all the more effective.

Boondocks. Shame about Jason Todd, it was his only fine moment... (plus it was nice to see him perving at WW.)

Lets hope JLU maintains this level of commitment... whats next on ther list...? "Whatever happened to the man of tomorrow" ?

Punkyhermy
OMFG!!!!!!!
I WAS THINKING OF THE EXACT SAME THING YESTERDAY!!!!!!IT LEFT ME ABSOLUTELY ASTOUNDED that the Batman's greatest desire in the whole wide world was for that ONE SINGLE event to not occur.And the fact that Superman's super fantasy world starkly contrasted Bruce's one,rather small, moment in history, just had this effect of great heartbreaking sympathy for Batman.I had always known that Bruce would always give anything for the events of that night to turn around...but this episode made his desire beautifully heartbreaking and sympathetic...

Punkyhermy
uuummm I think,i am HOPING, the next one is "kids' stuff".
That's where the league turn into 8 year olds!
I am so excited to see a lil Brucey!!!!

Paola
lil Brucey laughing

Punkyhermy
laughing

manjaro
i ahve new found respect for this show now i just found out that episode 3 is entitled "kids stuff" when they all get turned into 8yr olds. obviously the trend of this new show is to adapt all the classics to TV. totally awesome man

Punkyhermy
And I'm assuming the episode is gonna be Batman centered as we have an 8 YEAR OLD BRUCE, the same age when his parents died.HOPE the episode has a nice psycological (SP),angsty one!

manjaro
dont you just love how batman is the only leaguer who doesnt have any powers but they all depend on him to solve everything. ahh.........poetic justice at its finest

Punkyhermy
OF COURSE I DO! What ever episode he is in,it's him who emds up saving the day, one way or another.Even in The Man who Has Everything, BATMAN PULLED sUPESout of the trance!

Magee
YOU!!!!!!!!! FFFFUU... GOD DANM U AMERICANS, DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!! ALWAYS GETTING THINGS 5 YEARS BEFORE WE DO!!!!!

i hate you all smile

Nah just kidding, but it will be like at least 4,5 months before we get it mad

manjaro
this show just gets iller and iller by the week. N E 1 saw this episode

Mane
yeah the latest ep was pretty rad! i like baby Etrigan! and Batman was pretty dope as a kid.

ScarletSpider
Batman at the end was pretty cool. "It was kind of nice being a kid again" "I haven't been a kids since I was 8 years old" Wonder Woman got totally SHUT DOWN. She'll be going to the junior prom alone.

Punkyhermy
That line was chilling.Batman is such a kill joy. love

badsymbiote
Really? Oh, then I am sorry for you. But be patient. It'll be worth the wait. I f*ckin' love this show....and the same goes for the Teen Titans.

You're right, Hermy. Batman is sexy when he's brooding...

Magee
lol i'll have to wait, and wait i shall, because it sounds even better than the last season!!!!!!!!!!

There was like this 5 min add on Toonami showing all the new shows comin in september and i was like "JLU, COME ON!!!!!! JLU!!" new episodes of dragonball was shown, then some crappy cartoon then 2 other crappy cartoons and i thought this is it!! And then the guys like "Catch it all on Toonami this September." And of course i was like "mad ahhhhhh mad"

blink

Mane
straight up. that line was great.

Batman knows what to say in any situation.

Punkyhermy
Well he IS the batman after all.And serves WW right for trying to suck up to him!!!!I like her and all but NOT her apparent intentions...

Mane
her apparent intentions? man, if i was Batman id take her apparent intentions anyday! WW is a total babe

Mane
has anyone seen the latest episode? Wonder Woman was so hot!!! Those long legs, hard body, ruby red lips, full pouting breasts, long flowing hair!!! mmmmmm droolio ohh yes! shes delectable!!!

Joker1237
I think a Batman Wonder Woman hooking up would be cool, It almost happen a few times in the comics. But Batman will turn her down, in the show easy, its him anyway.

badsymbiote
I like the tension between the two. It could be hate, it could be love, but it's always damn near palpable.

Punkyhermy
Who saw 'Hawk and Dove'.It was such a lame episode!!!They totally trashed WW character!!!!

badsymbiote
I watched. It was ok--the dialogue was good. I thought it wrapped up nicely, too, but Teen Titans was MUCH better.

manjaro
i thought it was completely lame,but i taped it anyway. I coudlnt really judge how strong or fast they were. they showed them blurring slightly when they take off but then it didnt seem like they were going that fast. plus it was a apparent that, Hawk?, the big one, i think was strugling to lift those boulders he was hurling at the annihilator, so at the very least we know he's way way above human strength but not too crazy.

I really loved the way they showed WW's tenacity. she was literally 2 ham samwiches away from saying hulk smash! I didnt like this Ares though. I prefer the original from the second season.

i dont know if anyone has those pictures but that was the episode when that sorcerer guy turned everyone of WW amazon sisses into stone, and they had to fight Ares back into tartarus

Joker1237
It was Hades god of the dead, Not Ares.

As for this show it was lame. I guess next they bring in the Wonder Twins and there Monkey that would be cool lol.

wuTa
thank god....i thought it was just me because its been awhile

manjaro
ooops my bad. embarrasment

Mane
no it wasnt. it was Ares the god of War.

badsymbiote
Yup. It sure was.

Joker1237
It was Hades, in Tartas,

I seen the show 2 times, But I am a fan of Greece, When they put a greek god in the show, I know who it was. I know it was Hades, because they called the God Hades. And he was from the underworld.

Punkyhermy
I like the accent and voice of the evil blonde dude!

Mane
well watch it again! its Ares!

Joker1237
How can the god of the war be ruler of the Dead?? Its hades, I find a review for the show.

Joker1237

badsymbiote
We're familiar with Greek Mythology--(well, I can't speak for the group) we know Hades rules the dead--I think maybe we're talking about different episodes?
Nevertheless--thanks for posting that--I recognize many of the voices in the show, but never have seen the cast listed in each episode. Impressive talent. And an impressive post. Thanks for sharing...

manjaro
does this show get better every week or what?

ScarletSpider
Mostly, yes. I didn't like the Hawk and Dove episode, but then, I don't like Hawk and Dove altogether.

The most recent one with Sersi and Batman singing was good.

Punkyhermy
BATMAN SINGS!!!!!!!
AND HE IS A BLUES FANN!!!!!
HE GOT A BEAUTIFUL VOICE!!!!!
THAT JUST MADE MY DAY!!!!!!

Mane
heres a screen shot that i just took of the Cartoon Network website. its Ares. idiot....

Joker1237
We are talking about Paradise Lost are we not??? its Hades.

Mane
umm, no were talking about the episode Hawk and Dove from Justice League Unlimited

Joker1237
manjaro

i dont know if anyone has those pictures but that was the episode when that sorcerer guy turned everyone of WW amazon sisses into stone, and they had to fight Ares back into tartarus

That was the story line to Paradise Lost, it was not Ares in that show, it was Hades. The Sorcere turn all the amazon people into stone.

Mane
dude Hades is a place. not a person. when we were talking about Ares in the episode of JLU entitled Hawk and Dove, you said it was Hades not Ares. get your facts straight.

Joker1237
Hades is lord of the dead

Even Hurc had to battle him a few times.

Its call the land of the dead.

To the Greeks it is the underworld and the God Hades,

To Rome IT is Hades, and the God Pluto.

Mane
but still, you dont want to admit that you didnt know what in the crap you were talking about.

in Hawk and Dove, it was Ares not Hades. i have proven it.

Joker1237
it sounded to much like Paradise Lost by manjaro. It was the same story line, And no I did not see the Dove and Hawk one.

Mane
well, they werent anything alike. dont accuse someone of being wrong when you didnt even see it yourself.

Joker1237
Not accuseing any one, I think he was talking about Paradise Lost, when he said the amazons were turn into stone.

RaventheOnly
yes correct ... but i am unsure abut the Romans calling it Hades confused

Punkyhermy
WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THIS LITTLE PIGGYY!!!
at least I am.

badsymbiote
I'm sure we've all noticed by now the heavy use of Greek Mythology in this series.
I thought the episode was very cute, too, hermy. Adorable premise, and a very typical choice of Circe as a woman to turn WW into a pig. The more I see it, the more I like this show.

Punkyhermy
BATMAN CAN SING!!!! eek! love happy

wuTa
its about time they showed new episodes...damn

ScarletSpider
I agree, wuTa.

wuTa
last nights episode was good...i finally had an oppurtinity to see this show after missing it for like a month and wasnt disappointed...the twist at the end was pretty sweet

ScarletSpider
Yup. The best part was Jonah Hex, I completely forgot about him, then he pops up, and I smacked my forehead "Well that makes sense!"

Can't wait for next week's episode.

wuTa
yea Hex was cool but when i saw batman beyond i almost shit my pants...i'm not a huge fan of BB but i thought it was cool that they put him in the show...never saw it coming

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>