This really bothered me

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dms6117
How come some jedi, like Obi Wan and Yoda vanish when they die, but other jedi like Qui-Gon Jinn didn't vanish?

OB1-adobe
Did we just get a 1000 newbies all of a sudden?

dms6117
Don't worry, I'm a seasoned veteran, I talk on lots of other message boards, and I won't act retarded like other newbies smile, I just found this board the other day and thought it looked pretty cool. I just wanted to ask this question because it has plagued me for the past couple years.

Mordecai
It will be answered in ROTS, although its been said that it will not be answered in a way we may like, but, it will be answered none the less.

Ushgarak
Yes indeed- this will be addressed in the new film.

But the answer is very simple- all the others did not know how. It is not a standard Jedi trick- it is something specific to those people and the plot of the films. It has never happened before.

dms6117
Lets hope it's a good explanation.

Ken Benobi
My take over the years has always been that they(Obi-Wan and Yoda) did it to aid Luke, maybe giving him some of their power, especially since Luke would be the last one, and there would be none left to physically help him....

Baylin
I always thought that at the moment of death they gave themselves up totally to the force, a trick that not all the jedi knew.

Ushgarak
Nope... NONE of them know it. Else Vader would not have been surprised by it.

Like I say, it is a specific plot point; the whole point is that it has not happened before.

Darth_Nefarus
Perhaps it is a trick they have to use in order to help guide the chosen one? This would explain Qui-Gon Jinn's voice from Episode 2 during Yoda's meditation. When Anakin turned and Luke became their next hope, they did the same thing with him. It might be from the will of the force itself.

Cipher
It does involve willingly becoming one with the Force at death, according to
Lucas......

Should be interesting to see how its brought up in the movie.....

§pearhead
I just figured that they it was because they all touched Luke in some way, be it helping him out or simply...being his father messed

Cipher
And how the disappearing could be a surprise to Vader is covered in another
forum under Episode 3.

Darth_Nefarus
Maybe Yoda will have a scene with Anakin where he tells him about his "father" and perhaps this issue will be addressed throughout their conversation.

Master Kadub
maybe anakin was born of a former powerful jedi that became one with the force......

Cipher
Well, Master Kadub, that would be..... interesting. But I really think Lucas did that virgin birth thing so that Ep. 1 would be the beginning of the Skywalker line......
Supposedly this will be explained in Ep.3 according to Lucas.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.