Harry Potter...work of the devil?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LadySlytherin
I was just wondering about all your views concerning the thought that harry potter is associated with the devil sad . Airangel did a paper earlier which contained christian families thinking that reading these books would lead them to think that "jesus" was not the only magical person, and would lead them to study witchcraft, etc. what are your views on this topic embarrasment ? confused i personally think it's ludicrous. its encouraged many younger kids to read, and the books in themselves are just plain AWSOME! stick out tongue

angelsflame265
I think that the people who believe that it's the work of the devil a) need to trust there kids intelligence a little bit more and b) need to get out a bit more, but thats just my opinion smile

LadySlytherin
lol well a lot of kids are reading it...and many kids dont know better (talking about kinds like, 5-9). but i agree 100%

ArrghPirateGirl
Same.....I mean every1 i no who has read them haven't really thought about studying witchcraft anythin like that...they all just think the books r great big grin

-Lady-Lioness-
Yes, using magic to unlock a door is just pure evil! *Sarcasm*

There is a book at our town library called "God, The Devil, And Harry Potter" It's all about how Harry Potter books are the work of the devil and that it will promote gothness and how you should buy the books and burn them.

Please step away from the literature. It's not right to buy the book just to burn them. It's all peachy if your against it but there is no need to group people into your evil cult of reality. I'm sure that if they would read the books they would realize that, hey, this really isn't that bad.

Tis good magic yes

ArrghPirateGirl
Yup big grin

twigNig
The only people who think HP is the work of the devil are pathetic Christian fanatics who are just plain ignorant. They even think Count Chocula cereal is the work of the devil (I'm serious).. basically anything outside of the church is an abomination, so, don't worry what these people think. They think everyone else is a sinner and should be in a mental hospital, but really, it's they that should be institutionalized. They're ****ing crazy. Seriously, I think they are the ones who should be outlawed, since they want things to be like in the Puritan times. I bet you anything these people would love to do the Salem Witchhunts all over again. The Salem Witchhunts were proof that these fanatics are nutsos. Absolutely out of their minds. They fear their own shadow an can't accept reality. Have I made my point? LoL.

No offense to anyone.

blow

ArrghPirateGirl
lollaughing I think ur right

ladygrim
same here i wouldnt of thought of doing witch craft afta reading them but i think it would be cool if something like that was real

Darth Sauron
mad Burn Potter Burn! mad

wink Joking of course

airangel
When I was doing my research I read a TON of quotes from kids or parents who have said that they have been reading A LOT more and are challenged again by bigger/thicker books.

I think J.K. is helping a great lot and that's wonderful. I wish I could write a book that is good enough for kids to want to pick it up and read.

I see both sides to each story though. I can see how younger parents might feel neglected to let their YOUNGER children read Harry Potter...but then if there are parents who teach their kids about good/evil...right/wrong and non-fic/fic then it shouldn't be a problem.

Kids are curious and if they think its real then they are going to ask questions and that's when you tell them.

If parents keep the books from their kids they are just gonna want to read it more..out of spite.

My final draft for this paper is due after next weekend so I'll post the final draft along with more quotes from people here at my base in this final draft.

GOOD TOPIC! big grin

Scar
blink What the f**k?

Did Jesus use a wand? erm and incantations? erm

hobbit_dude
I thin harry potter is indeed work of the devil, tomorrow Ill go 2 buy some books and burn them in front of bloomsburry, and I will send a letter to the king of ewngland asking him to make this books Ilegal, coz all the kids now want to study withcraft, damn JK for making such a horrible books!

PS: just kidding tho I must say it was kiondas fun!!

ladygrim
not that i now of hmmm

BlackHatDefect
PLEASE,don't get me started.Christans wouldn't attack HP if it wasn't popular!Its like..."Wow,HP is loved by children all around the world,and even though there are millions of other books worse,lets attck this one for publicity"!

FYI:HP is litature.I don't believe in trashing a book no matter what it is.There are lots of books that could be concidered anti-Christan..those bastards are just going to have to live with it.

twigNig
oops.....

twigNig
Dude, in the Puritan times they used to burn books that they thought set a bad example. They used to burn women at the stake if she read a book they didn't like. So basically, anyone that has a mind of their own they want to dispose of. It's the freggin 21st century! When will they move on?????

Scar: What did you mean by asking if Jesus used a wand and incantations?

Scar
There lame excuse of presence of any other magical man.

ArrghPirateGirl
Yup....They cant except it

Merry Lover
It's a ****ing CHILDRENS STORY!!! I HATE how people are all like
"OOh, let's ban it from schools and burn it" and stuff. I bet the people who do that haven't even read the books. no

ArrghPirateGirl
Nope 90% of them havn't there was a story on the TV ages ago done on christian skools in Australia that had banned the books and kids who brought the books to read at skool were suspended or sent home and the princepal hadn't even read the book mad People like that make me mad somtimes....They wont accept that there are more than just 1 type of people in this world...They have to have things there way sad

shaber
Not associated with the Devil obviously, but it might not be a monotheistic theodicy erm

Darth Sauron
*comes in in the popes robes*

Its just like you pagans to defend your satanic literature!

Darth Sauron
when reading harry pooter, i discover, if you read it backwards it says 'Support Satan....Kill, Kill, Murder....'

Also in COS one character can be heard to say 'rip...tear..let me kill'

*sigh*

shaber
blink

Fiery Eyes
I Know theres a ton of hp fans, but i'm not one of them at all. my opinion only....but i feel it teaches kids witchcraft & when someone does something to you, it teaches you to put a spell on them. I've done some research on the author and found that the author researched witchcraft and spells out, cuz she wanted the books to be authentic as possible.

BlackHatDefect
hahahahaha...ok,now if you wern't a fan ause you didn't like it i would brush it off.Taste difference ya know.But NEVER have I heard anything that riddiculous.HP was based off the Wiccan faith but JK has said millions of times shes not into teaching kids to do spells and stuff.There are lots of other books with magic and sorcery as well.Are you saying that all of those teach kids to do magic?

People only say that about HP cause its popular,If it wasn't,it would be left alone.
Furthermore,iv never heard of one case os this being true..ohh wait..the tabloids.

Into the Void
Hahahahaha, the only people I have heard say that are those uptight militant Christian douchwads. Are you one of those, Fiery Eyes?

angelsflame265
for real? where?

flamewielder
i think she was joking...im a christian...and i read the books all the time....and i dont do that....but someone at my church does that....i say read what u want.....it doesnt matter...but some ppl r like that blink and it makes me mad miffed

orlandoOYEA
^^I agree. You should read what you want.

flamewielder
yeah....just cuz u read it doesnt mean ur gonna become corrupt...like some think

Rad_1
U R right! smile

Fiery Eyes
BlackHatdefect are you talking about wica?? wich is people thats suppose to be good and only do spells on those that do them wrng?
Like i said, its my opinion on hp, and it has nothing to do w/it being popular LOL now why on earth something being popular would a person thk that?

Fiery Eyes
just my opinion and was curious about others.... smile OHHH and i'm not uptight Happy Dance curious and yes i am a Christian

Fiery Eyes
well....i shld say i disagree highly. I don't allow my kids to read, watch or buy anything harry potter. Has nothing to do w/popularity. When you mess w/witchcraft it opens doors for every other evil work to come in to your life. Why risk that??
I resent the fact that some of you have put Christians in some "stero type" catagory. It is witchcraft.... does hp not put spells on people in the movie if someone does something to him or his aunt? what is that teaching kids? When someone does something to you, do evil back, now how is that right? that shld tell ya something there. Kids see that and think WOW can i do that?? Whats the name of the school hp is attending?? LOL i mean come on..... and the fact is Witchcraft is real and yes they could do that if they practiced witchcraft. Satan is real!! saying it isn't doesn't change that fact smile

Into the Void
mhm. I recognize one when I see one. metaphorically in this case.

twigNig
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Are you serious?!?! Lemme ask you one question then. If you're so against HP, then why are you in this forum in the first place? Kids are not going to say "Hey, Harry Potter can make magic, so can I!!" unless they are complete idiots. This is a FICTIONAL STORY. GET THAT THROUGH YOUR HEAD. It's obvious to everyone else that it's fictional.

And if I were in one of those schools that banned HP books, I would bring them to school, read 'em, have all HP merchandise, and draw a lightning scar on my forehead. LMAO.

Why are you so sure Satan is real? Have you met him? And why are you people getting on people's cases for having a mind of their own? MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS. I don't care what you belive in, you can believe in anything you want, but when people go and force their religion on everyone else is what I don't like. And no offense, but I really feel sorry for your children.

I'm conjuring witchcraft by reading a book. pray

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

angelsflame265
How does it teach witchcraft? Most of the spells are made up, if JKR did any research was for the word. Like lumos is the spell used to light up a wizards wand. While the latin word for light is luminarium. The root of lumos is luminarium

jennyanderson
dunno why those morons thinks that harry potter is the work of a devil woman, alright, the writer might be a bit touched in the head that prompts her to do highly annoying things sometimes like killing off a major important character, but other than that i dont see anything on the book that promotes satanism or devil worship.

angelsflame265
just wanna repeat what I said

Kids understand that it is just a story, yes maybe they might get the broom and run around with it pretending to fly. But they are just using there imaginations, its like having an imagnary friend. It is normal, and they understand its not real, other wise I would've ran off to london when I first read the books, and demanded to go on the hogwarts express.

prissygoboo
Should they ban Latin from being taught in schools?
I mean, after all, that's where the spells get their names, right? wink

Into the Void
You ma'am, are correct.
This is twice that we have agreed now in the past 3 months. Don't let it happen again. stick out tongue

I was right!!! You ARE an uptight conservative Christian douchehead! I f*ckin knew it.

angelsflame265
yep, lol

lumos is how u light up a wizards wand. and lumen and luminarium mean light in latin

ArrghPirateGirl
Yup exactley.......I think people need 2 wake up and smell the flowers I mean...FieryEyes was saying sumthin about not lettin her kids watch it coz they might do sumthin evil Suuuuuuuure The worst they might do is think they can do magic and try 2 do it on some1.....and well.......Like it gonna work........I respect that people have difrent belifes and stuff but there are much more "evil" movies out there were kids could get idea's that could acctually harm some1

& 1 question FieryEyes: Have you even read the books??

angelsflame265
or lumen its most likely lumen though

shaber
You read the Satanic Verses here, then watch out erm

ArrghPirateGirl
Satanic Verses??

shaber
Wow, ignorance! The book by Salman Rushdie!

shaber
Isn't there another HP thread? This rambling should be merged with that or consigned to the KMC trash (the OTF)

airangel
(This person is entitled to her opinion, though this thread should be moved to the HP Forum.)

Air Angel
HP Moderator

ArrghPirateGirl
blink I dont read much

airangel
This thread needs to stay at a MELLOW tone or I'll close it. I know everyone has their beliefs and disbeliefs but be curtious to others' opinions.

NO BASHING EACH OTHER and Into The Void WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE in my forum!!!!!! big grin (mean voice on the rise...................... hee hee)

ArrghPirateGirl
*hides*

airangel
laughing out loud Don't hide! big grin

APG everytime I see your ziggy it makes me smile. I loved that movie!

ArrghPirateGirl
Wich movie....I have 2 ziggys

airangel
The one you are sporting now, silly! big grin I love Puss-n-boots!!

ArrghPirateGirl
Oh riiiiiiight big grin...I new dat stick out tongue

Animagus
omg you made me mad! AVADA CADAVER! seriously, i respect your opinion, but if you're not mature enough to read a nice story about the struggles of a kid through his life at school...go back to church. Oh wait...the bible is full of it too, imagine that. I didn't know fixing a pair of glasses was evil compared to parting an entire sea. If you're a parent and have kids that want to cast a spell on someone because they read that Harry Potter did it, then you need to pop the teat out of their mouth and let the see the world some. On the other hand, if they're about 11 years old or so and under...you should be thankful they have the imagination they do along with the fact that they are reading full length novels. Kudos to them, they can cast all the spells they want smile they're kids after all. (i myself shot down many birds by spewing fireballs from my hands back in my younger days lol)

ladygrim
smile

Lianslo
umm...if its still ok, i was gunna post my opinoin smile First off, I am a Christian, and its something i'm not afraid to tell ppl being that its a big part of who I am. But, I also read Harry Potter, and I personally don't think its wrong. I can understand other Christians' point of view, cuz the bible does say that practicing witchcraft is wrong...but I'm not practicing it. I'm merely reading a fiction book that I enjoy. Just because I love to read harry potter books, doesn't mean by any means that I am going to get involved in witchcraft myself. So, in a nut shell, I don't think Harry Potter is the work of the Devil at all...I think JK is an awesome author, and I can't wait till book 6! And to top it off, I even know a christian pastor in my town who reads harry potter! smile

ladygrim
well sed ... it shouldnt even be thought of evil in neway because it is a childs book ... not a book bout doing voodoo ?? i think people are stupid for taking it the rong way

ladygrim
sad

Unicor777
Ok. Fiery, its better kids to try to put spells on other kids (impressed either by the movies or the HP books) then trying to kill the other kids impressed by Rambo or other movies.

shanie623
If Harry Potter teaches you witchcraft, then it's just not Harry Potter. All fantasy novels have "magic" one way or another. Even the stories in the bible have some kind of "magic" in them.

LadySlytherin
actually fire eyes....if i may interject...

jk rowling never ever researched witchcraft. she researched latin suffixes and prefixes, although someone can be led to the conclusion that she was infact researching pagan ideals. however she wasnt. fpr example: draco malfoy. draco came from the latin word dracon which means evil. naturally, malfoy is a slytherin. i dont think this was a pagan ideal, i think she just wanted a name that fit the characteristics of the house as well as the malfoy reputation (lucious malfoy- root word lucifer = demon...we can see just how EVIl the malfoy family is. i think the names and the reasons behind them were just made to emphasize the family characteristics ) smile please dont think the books encourage pagan worship. they've encouraged many many more children to read. they allow kids of all ages to sort of conjure a fantasy world where they can escape. plus there are positive morals in the book, none, i can see, that support pagan worship

Darth Sauron
Harry Pooter is absed on lucifer

Ronald weasley is based on the gatekeeper

Hermione is based on hermione

airangel
Whatever Sauron...............again everyone respect others opinions...I dont mind debating...just dont let it get out of hand or I'll close this thread. big grin

~AA~

airangel
^ agree! big grin I too am Christian as well as Phoe (i think.....) and we feel the same as you Lianslo.

Darth Sauron
I was joking cry

airangel
I know! Sorry if I seem crabby....bad night at work!!!!

angelsflame265
oooo *gives air a cookie*

Unicor777
what do u work Airangel, if its not too private to ask?

angelsflame265
lol, A friend of mine has a dad who won't let him read harry potter, but he reads them anyway. He just makes sure his dad isn't around or he can't see what he's reading

airangel
^laughing out loud

airangel
Thanks! big grin *devours cookie* big grin

Phoenix Song
I'm a (I will admit, VERY religious) Christian, but I still love HP! I think that HP is just a fantasy thing--it couldn't happen in RL. wink

It's like LOTR, and all things have a little bit of magic in them anyway, right? big grin

airangel
Hey Phoenix Song..I used to be stationed in ABQ, NM.... about 2 yrs ago..at Kirtland AFB.

Uni: I'm in the Air Force...stuck in Germany. We just had some probs and I could order these parts for our jets tonight and we had them on base and we couldn't get them b/c of an excercise so its delaying our flying hrs and they aren't considering "real world" flying issues...they are more concerned with passing this inspection....its just a bunch of crap...I COULD GO ON AND ON......................... BUT I WON'T! big grin

Unicor777
I understand , I often get sick when speak of my work, gives a feeling as if u r working again. But, would have been easier to use Floo powder or Nimbus 2004 , and u wouldn't need spare parts u just say: Reparo and here u gosmile

airangel
hah! the maintenance guys would love that one..........then they'd get everything they want and leave us supply people alone!! LOL.................

but HP isn't real so sad that won't work....................laughing out loud

Unicor777
:sad:

fanatos
(replying to the first post)

Yes I have been thinking about this while reading the books, especially where it's saying like "Harry was praying to God..." or "Oh my God..." or stuff. I was wondering if those wizards and witches do believe in god (are christinas). And what it is said in the Holy Bible, about people like Harry Potter - bad things that is?

I'd say, we have already gone too far from our religion... So who cares... We read the books and we like them, that's what I know 4 sure.

Phoenix Song
I'm not there right now erm (I'm in Indiana) But that's where my bf lives and most of my family lives there and I lurve it so muchly stick out tongue (Besides, I like speaking Spanish better than English and Indiana isn't exactly the place for that haha)

WHOA blink

My dad used to be in the Air Force (now he's retired, so I like to call him old though he retired in his thirties laughing ) and he was also stationed in Germany...eek! I wanna go there someday happy

Is it true that there's no speed limit on the highways there? eek! shifty Or maybe that was just 25 years ago...erm

Anyway...back on topic...no more smilies for me either lol

LadySlytherin
i was born into a catholic family. my grandmother is EXTREMELY devout, but my mom and dad arent as high strung. ill admit i have begun to question my religion, but that is because of experiences and contributing factors OTHER than books. i mean its like it was stated before, all the names and spells in harry potter are based on latin prefixes and suffixes. The only instance where i see this can be a problem is "draco malfoy" ...draco comes from the root word dracon, which means evil...but honestly how many KIDS are going to know that? furthermore, i do respect fire eyes' decision not to let her kids read the books because of the values she grew up on. i do NOT however, support the suspension and burning of these books in different counties. it is not up to the principal of a school what and what not a child may be allowed to read. that is up to their parents...at least up until a certain age. i know of a couple devout families that do not allow their kids to read the books, but they went to college and decided to read them on their own, and loved it, and do not think any less about their religion. i guess what im trying to say is that parents can influence their children's decisions for awhile, but once they leave home, well...its like someone above stated, you need to trust your kids (once they are old enough perhaps) to be smarter than think of a plain old BOOK that way. Harry potter is classified in the FICTION section for a reason

LadySlytherin
maybe this isnt a good time to say my dad is in the navy laughing out loud by the way Pheonix Song, would you mind paying a visit to a thread entitled "harry potter=work of the devil?" we've been talking about the controversy between religion and fiction, and you're the only one as of now that i know who is devout, yet does not see the books as a threat. it would be nice having your opinion in there if you dont mind =]

btw airangel- id love to visit germany!!! i hear they have good chocolate laughing out loud black forest cherry cake..... big grin

ArrghPirateGirl
Gah shock How thick do U think we kids R?????.........Do u really expect a kid 2 yell Avada Kedrva everytime some1 pisses them off..........& even if we did It wouldn't work.......JK has made up this magic practically........Yeah she has researched and stuff but please....Like any of the spells in the books would work.........I started reading these books in grade 3 and I new it was all just make believe........Just coz were young don't make us stupd big grin Well 90% of the time anyway big grin........I think that u need 2 give us kids more (Grrrr can't think of the word) than that.....We aren't dumb big grin

ArrghPirateGirl
Yeah I didn't know that big grin

Fiery Eyes
better to put spells on kids than to shoot?? umm why would you or shld you have to chose between the two, when neither shld take place. It's just my opinion on the book and movies. I Like to here other opinions, but don't want to trash anyone in doing so... so hope everyone else feels the same smile

Fiery Eyes
I'm not saying that everyone that reads the books or sees the movies start studying witchcraft, all it takes is for 1 to start, and thats enough to make a big deal about. Tons of people thought butt head and beavis was good.....but hey, didn't some kids try to do a stunt that they did on the tv?? umm with fire?? What hp does, in my opinion is open curiosity up, some follow thru with it and others blow it off, its the ones that follow thru w/it that my hearts goes out to. Witchcraft is real!!! there is nothing fake about it. although i wish it was fake

ArrghPirateGirl
I agree u shouldn't have 2 choose between spells and guns.......but I belive kids r less likely 2 cause magic...and I don't think kids r going 2 try from reading HP or watching da movies.......I belive there is magic and spells and stuff like dat but I dont belive hp magic works big grin.....Its a made up story that is enjoyed by stacks of people around da world big grin

Fiery Eyes
twignig....this is opinion only, you need to chill, i have the right to my own opinion just like you do and thats ok. I didn't see where anyone was forcing anything, you are the one going over board with things hun. This is a forum its opinions we all have them. and here i go to voice my opinion again....you're very rebellious. stating you would bring books to school where they have been banned rebellion is of the sin of witchcraft

ArrghPirateGirl
Rebellion is a sin of witchcraft?????...........Uh.no offence but u seem 2 b teachin us more bout witchcraft than HP laughing

Greenleaf_luver
Fiery Eyes ~ I grew up in my own little fantasy world, pretending to be a witch etc. The children who see violent movies with guns are more likely to grow up and cause problems then the children who pretend to cast spells on others. If a child gets a stick, using it for a wand, the worst thing that could happen, they may accidently poke someone! But you don't have to be playing "harry potter stuff" to do that. Now if a child is playing something based with real weapons, guns, knives, who's to say they wont actually try to use one if they know where there parents keep these? This could cause much more damage. I have never heard of anyone growing up under a bad influence from harry potter, witches and wizards, etc.

Fiery Eyes
how is that teaching? its stating a fact.

Fiery Eyes
I agree there is nothing wrng w/pretending we've all done it growing up. Some take it more deeper and thats my point. All the magic, sorcery, spells in the movie, it brings the curiosity up, make ya wonder is it real? is it not? thats when it starts, they start searching it out, one thing leads to another and before you know it you're caught up in witchcraft. It can over take you before you know it. I just think it's way too serious to take that chance.

angelsflame265
The only thing that is close to witchcraft intodays world is the religion of wicca. ( Which is a real religion. They have a god (goddess) and everything. Some citys even have a wiccan church)

But do you not trust that your kids are smart enough to know the diffrence? Your more or less insulting your childrens intelligence by saying that they can't read it because they wouldn't know the diffrence.

angelsflame265
No, its more of her speaking out on how she feels on the subject, i would say its brave of her to do that.

You know some schools don't let the book Catcher in the Rye be read because of the swaring in the story? When in fact it is one of the best books I have ever read. But people don't take a chance on what else to book could ofter besides the swaring in the book.
The same with this book. While you may not relize when reading it offers many lessons to be learned. Like how fame is not all it's craked up to be, how dumb it is to make fun of someone just because you feel that you are better then that person, its all in there. Maybe not written out in stone, but its still in there.

twigNig
Uh yeah, you stated your opinion and I stated mine. You can have your opinion and I can respond to them. I'm not the one who needs to "chill" out. Its you who needs to. You still haven't answered why you're in this forum in the first place, since you're so against HP. But I do see it as forcing when people go to others and say what they should and shouldn't do. That's forcing your religion on other people. Not literally, like how it used to be, but nobody has the right to tell other people what to do, and banning books is a way of forcing religion. Sheesh, I'm a rebel for reading a book. That's ridiculous. And you seem to think what you are saying is a fact. Has it been scientifically proven? I think not.. rolleyes1

Angelsflame265: Thanks for sticking up for me.

ArrghPirateGirl
I had a lady come up 2 me once while i was reading the 4th book on the bus....She said I was evil 4 reading them and should stop at once then stalked off....I was just like blink......Then I kinda thought **** u and kept reading big grin

twigNig
See I don't like that. I would have said **** you LoL.

ArrghPirateGirl
I was kinda in shock she said I was evil....Plus she was an old lady and my mum would of cracked it at me....big grin

twigNig
Yeah.. I don't practice it but some people get the vibe that it's all worshipping the Devil. Which it's not. It's more of a nature thing..

Oh man you even made a thread Fieryeyes, and I still don't even know why you're here. You seem very immature "ewwwww Harry Potter". Come on.

ArrghPirateGirl
But I f u acctually think about...everythin on the news about christians bannin the books and going on about them being evil is probally making it worse..banning the books 4 1 will (trust me) make the kids want 2 read it even more.....2 draggin all this up also makes it more clear that there is wiccan and stuff out there.......My friend only started lookin in2 witchraft and all that after all the who hare of the books being evil because she wanted 2 find out if they really where and stuff

Phoenix Song
I would love to big grin

airangel
I agree with what you say about taking the books away. It'll just make kids want something they can't have.

I think JK seriously did not intend on this mess that is stirred up. I think her ideas were innocent though now after her books have been torn apart, ridiculed and overlooked with a magnifying glass to look at what she's written.

She has children and she was a poor woman trying to struggle in the world so she took a trip on the train and started writing.

Alot of her characters are based from people that she has met in her life. JK being from England probably drove by a castle while on this train and began to write.

She's a very gifted writer and its sad to see what's being said about her work, not to mention I am sure she will feel dreadful when/IF a kid does try to do magic and succeeds or somehting (wiccan stuff) and then someone else is injured.

I too want to be a writer.........but sheeeeeeeesh......I'm scared now at my work getting torn apart and gone through with a fine tooth comb!

~AA~

shaber
Her work only gets bad press because it is well known. If it were not successful it would be ignored by weirdo critics.

airangel
APG that is funny! LOL! I would've said thanx, now mind your own business or something....................... laughing out loud

EVERYONE WILL RESPECT OTHERS OPINIONS ABOUT HP, THEY ARE JUST OPINIONS AND IF THEY DON'T LIKE HP THEY DON'T NEED TO BE QUESTIONED WHY THEY ARE HERE.........MAYBE THEY ARE LEARNING ABOUT IT.............OR CURIOUS OF OTHERS' OPINIONS!!!!!!!

You all are my HP crew but I WILL NOT tolerate the bashing of other KMC members.

IF I have to warn anyone again I will close this thread and the other contrevoursy thread!

And it isn't fair to those who want to debate.................................if I find the same people keep disrespecting other KMC members I will have you banned for however many days seems suitable!

NOW EVERYONE GET ALONG!!! big grin

~Air Angel~
Forum Moderator

ArrghPirateGirl
Yup..Probally big grin

Phoenix Song
I agree with that laughing out loud

Phoenix Song
Wrong thread messed

*whaps self on head* erm

ArrghPirateGirl
lol....I just looked at her like WTF laughing I guess it is kinda funny

Phoenix Song
I was asked to post here, being a really big Christian (Jewish Christian actually but let's not get into that....) but I still love HP. love

I really don't believe that JK used real spells, and I think HP is more fantasy than real life. I think it's harmless and not at all threatening to Christianity. wink

People shouldn't listen to what other people say about HP, whether it's good or bad... no They should check it out for themselves! big grin

And yesh everyone get along stick out tongue

airangel
yes

ArrghPirateGirl
Yep Yep Yep

ArrghPirateGirl
laughing

ladygrim
oookk

ladygrim
if we are evil reading harry potter shudnt we be evil for reading things like lotr ( full of war and power) stories a bout jack the ripper ... (obvious reasons)

LadySlytherin
thank you for agreeing to post pheonix song smile see? there are christians that do in fact enjoy the books, so we cant necessarily StErEoTyPe them, even though all the book burnings are done by christian activist groups

Fiery Eyes
I agree about the book burning thing, i wouldn't buy the book then burn it, i thk thats ridiculous.
Twig, i actually didn't mean to make this thread, i was in the thread: hp...work of the devil, i mean to do a reply and i'm new here and just learning how things go and how to post when i made. So that was a mistake making this thread cuz i wanted it posted in the other thread. Sorry and me saying ewww hp lol well thats my opinion hun, just like you have yours, you call me immature but yet you're the one continually being rude to me, instead of just posting your opinion of hp, you have to say something negative directed towards me as a person. So who is being immature? we all have opinions and i thk thats GREAT. I don't put you down and if i have I haven't meant to, i'm just posting my opinions on hp. smile smile smile

Fiery Eyes
i'm here in this thread cuz: hp....work of the devil? to state my opion and to agree that i thk it is the work of the devil. I've not got upset or offeneded by anyones opinion, i thought thats what we are all here for was to state our opinion. So thats what i'm here for. Its just something i'm against. Twig you just seem to constantly speak about me negative instead of just viewing my posts as my opinions. Maybe i'm wrong, i am new here, but I thought thats what we were suppose to do here post our opinions. Its ok to agree to disagree w/someome and state your opinion being rude to someone is a different story and I thk its sad that you view me like that just cuz i dont share your same opinion. sad sad

Fiery Eyes
I don't agree w/buying the book and burning it either just for the record lol just seen the last post. I thk thats a ridiculous. I try to answer all questions but so many post sometimes i forget to respond to some of them. smile

Fiery Eyes
ohhh ohhh lol i have fnds that read hp and that see the movie, and i've never ever told them they were evil, i don't push my beliefs off on someone else. I just state my opinion and agree to disagree. I have a frnd on here, thats a huge hp fan we beleive totaly diff from each other and thats ok we both agree to disagree, they're opinions and thats it. smile smile

Fiery Eyes
Wow talk about being rude "in to the void" if stating your opinion is wrng they why even voice it here? geezz i've never ever talked to anyone like that in here. Just stated my opinion on what goes on in my house and what i dont allow cuz i don't beleive in it. In no way have i pushed anything off on anyone just voicing my opinion. If im wrng plzz explain?

Punkyhermy
I am not even gonna say something.Apart from this.

Darth Sauron
Banning the books will make more people read them.

Look at manhunt the game...was banned because it caused some guys death
Now prices for it have gone up...more people are buying it...

ArrghPirateGirl
TYup..I think I said dat in da other thread big grin

ArrghPirateGirl
laughing Nice 2 know u weren't that lady who told me I was evil Fiery Eyes laughing

Jedi Priestess
<-------------would be that friend. And Fiery and I do go around and around about HP cause I myself think it's fantasy.........but Fiery is allowed to have and VOICE her opinion without it killing off our friendship. wink To each his own I say! smile

ArrghPirateGirl
blink Im confused

twigNig
No, no, no, this person came already came in here with her mind set about HP. And I know you were directly addressing me so I apologize. But I'm not going to read a certain's member's posts in this thread anymore because I will get banned.

Thanks.

ArrghPirateGirl
blink

twigNig
Yeah well I was still saying my opinion, because I obviously felt/feel strongly about what you said. I didn't cuss you out did I? I stated my opinions in the best way I could without trying to insult you, believe it or not.. maybe you're a bit too sensitive (no offense lol). But, I still feel the way I did when I made those posts. And when I asked why you were here in the other thread, I didn't mean the thread, I meant why you even clicked on Harry Potter on the main page anyway. But I see that I'm almost crossing the line, so forget about that. I'm still wondering why though, you don't have to answer. I'm trying to be sensitive here, and it's not easy. Maybe you thought some of the things I said were harsh, but I wasn't trying to deliberately hurt your feelings. I can be..... much worse.

That's all for now.

twigNig
down

airangel
Twig, you just can't go around cussing and stuff at her. There are politer ways to say things.

I have not ever banned anyone or recommended to...............YET! big grin

Post...just use reasonable words.

pokey K! big grin

airangel
jerry

big grin MUCH BETTER! big grin

clapping

ArrghPirateGirl
*is being poked* Ow Stop it *leaves thread*

ArrghPirateGirl
LOL laughing

airangel
*I was poking TWIG* big grin

ArrghPirateGirl
Well U were poking mE sad *runs away* Im sooooo bored

Uh....Topic big grin

ladygrim
smile riite

ladygrim
sad

Fiery Eyes
It seems as though everyone thats in here twig, has there mind made up about hp? so, why shld one be singled out cuz she doesn't agree? smile So are you saying if I agreed w/everyone then its ok to be in here? Now talking about pushing a beleif on someone...i would say that would be what you were doing. I have people in my own church that read hp lol I have never ever told them they were evil or ever treated them diff cuz they read it (to each their own). I don't go to heaven or Hell for them so it's not for me to degrade them and be rude. I try to treat everyone the same reguardless of what they do in their life. Not everyone agrees w/ea other and thats OK. smile smile smile

angelsflame265
Fiery, I'm just kinnda of mad at everyone who says the books are evil and they have never read the books.

ladygrim
if it was about satan and hell i wud understand every part of being evil but this is just a childs book about there dreams of having magical powers ..

Moo Cow
thats what my mom thought about then originally, so i made her read it and the nshe changed her mind smile

ladygrim
... my mum just thinks tupid how it has so many fans and that one always has to twist wat there about ..

~Air Angel~
merged threads

LadySlytherin
moo cow im glad that she was open to it smile i mean yes i do respect everyone's opinion...but honestly...you might THINK harry potter is bad (witchcraft, etc.) but wouldnt it be better to read the books yourself and develop your OWN views about it rather than listen to what people stereotype it as? just be open to it! it might end up harmless!

Animagus
yeah my frandma is kinda one of these anti-HP people. She doesn't mind me reading it and such be she says the witchcraft is evil, then picks up her bible and reads about turning water to wine and parting sea's. Gimme a break. I love her to death but religion is pretty stupid sometimes...well a lot of the time...you know what i mean smile

Besides, they're always going ooooon and oooon about literacy and reading more so long as it's the bible. I guess Metallica could say this best..."You can do it your own way. If it's done just how i say" lol (always wanted to use that)

ArrghPirateGirl
Yeah U got a point.The bible says that its bad but it has a lot of the same kinda thing big grin

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>