Worst songs ever? (Including covers)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alpha Centauri
I thought this would be quite a funny thread.

I'm gonna shoot off my number one worst ever in terms of zero talent amd 100% lameness.

Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley.

Gotta be the worst piece of garbage.

Anything by Justin Timberlake.

Avril Lavigne's cover of Chop Suey. (Yes, the SOAD one).

-AC

Darth Revan
Holy shit Avril covered Chop Suey? ROFL laughing rolling on floor laughing

hmm.... "Numb" and "Breaking the Habit" by Linkin Park.

Darth Revan
oh god... I just found it on the internet... It was painful to listen to. She sounds so goddamn stupid when she tries to scream...

punkyhermy
oky songs...
too many..

Darth Revan
No, a cover is when a band/artist does a song somebody else wrote. Hence Avril Lavigne's version of "Chop Suey" was a cover.

Arachnoidfreak
She tries to cover Chop Suey!? Oh holy crap....

Worst song...hmm...I'll go with anything the Darkness has ever made.

ElectricBugaloo
i'd say that one that Don Johnson recorded

or any Stryper songs.

for pure badness, look to the late 70s and 80s.

Darth Revan
You can hear her version here:

http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/m/o/mol108/Avril_Lavigne-Chop_Suey_(System_Of_A_Down_Cover).mp3

I have to warn you... I honestly couldn't listen to more than half of it.

Arachnoidfreak
WOW. I stopped after 30 seconds. That was horrid. That is the worst thing I have ever heard. It would make babes cry, and old ladies beg for their mothers. It would make grown men weep with all their hearts, and drive wild animals insane. It was truly horrendous.

Darth Revan
I agree. It was especially painful knowing that it was originally a SOAD song...

Alpha Centauri
Victor Von Doom first showed me it. Blame him for discovering the atrocity.

The Darkness are no way in anything resembling this catagory. I know you go against the crowd Arac but come on man. I'm not even going with the crowd on this one, I liked them since before they got huge.

-AC

tabby999
it wouldn't be so bad if she'd learned the freakin words

KMC
A friend and i have recently compiled a list of bad songs. Some of the artists and songs included:
Chris De Burgh- Lady in Red
Wet, Wet, Wet- Love is All Around
Spandau Ballet- True
McCarts and Wonder- Ebony and Ivory
Europe- Final Countdown

Kate xx

Victor Von Doom
The Darkness? Come on, even if you're not a fan, that's a big claim.

I'd go with Nelly and Kelly song, forget the name.

furryman
What about 'Doctor Jones' or whatever by Aqua.. of course, Barbie Girl was fantastic, but their follow-up just didn't cut the mustard erm banished to foreign one-hit-wonder hell!

bardock
ja rule songs.
lean back-fat joe
led zepplin songs pretty much all thier are some ok ones.(here comes the flames)
get out- jo jo
smells like teen spirit. nirvana
metallica anything they have ever made

SlipknoT
Are you shitting me Metallica has made some of the greatest music ever. anything they made before 93 was great.

And Smells like teen spirit shouldnt be on this list either

SlipknoT
Avril Lavnige needs to die I hate her.

Victor Von Doom
I think people are misunderstanding the meaning of 'worst song', or many people have no idea about music.

Into the Void
Alright, maybe not worst songs ever, but I seriously hate them, and nearly everything that sounds like them.

Darth Revan
As much as I hate the Darkness, none of their music is bad enough to be in this thread. In fact, quite a bit of what people have posted isn't bad at all. Led Zeppelin, Nirvana, and Metallica are all good... Even if you don't like them I don't see how you can say any of those have created some of the worst music ever.

Dr. Strangelove
yes

el_barto
There is no "Worst" song. There are horrible songs, but not worst

*Georgina_A*
Whoa...that was torture no expression

Alpha Centauri
People love to hate Metallica. Metallica rule.

They made S&M in 1999 so I wouldn't say anything after 93 was lame. Not many bands could make an album like that.

Like I Love You by Justin Timberlame. Moron. The Rick Astley of today.

-AC

finti
you gotta be joking, it is one of all time lamest songs...................oh and rick Astley pure crap. we used to call him Sick Astley. He performed songs by Stock Atiken and Waterman. A trio who did their best to ruin pop music

KMC
Not sure Timberlake is quite as shit as Astley but i see where you're coming from. As for Stock, Atiken and Waterman- dont get me started on those wankers.

Kate xx

ClaraG
one true voice- sacred trust
3 of a kind- babycakes

cant think of no more right now

Alpha Centauri
"and rick Astley pure crap. we used to call him Sick Astley. "

Hahaha. Coz it's like Rick. Subtle but effective.

-AC

Fearnix
thumb up i agree

BTW Europe- Final Countdown kicked ass

Alpha Centauri
If anybody truly thinks that anything by The Darkness is anywhere near being a candidate for worst song ever then you need to re-evaluate how you look at music.

-AC

bardock
is rick astly that red haired white dude who sounds like luther vandross

finti
eeh wouldnt say red headed but he has a deep voice, Mick Hucknall of Simply Red sounds more like the guy in question here

Df02
Gene Simmons - firestarter.....

give up man, give up

golden moon
all iron maiden songs...

Victor Von Doom
Sounds like Luthor Vandross?

He sounds like a geography teacher with a bad back.

Spicy_Mchaggis
avril lavignes cover of chop suey really hits rock bottom in my book. it wouldnt be half bad if she got the words right. instead of her "yelling" hit the kids and avoid the shake up, and then blablablabla really makes her look like an ass.

Alpha Centauri
"He sounds like a geography teacher with a bad back."

He can't talk, he's got a fat back. Build up of fatty deposits JUST above the belt line. Fairly well concealed in casual clothing.

Rick Astley needs to die or something of equal comedic value.

-AC

ragesRemorse
any kenny G song

jaden101
AC

i think you will possibly revise your choice for worst cover version after the other day

G4...the winners of x factor...doing a cover of creep

i'm not the biggest radiohead fan...but my god ...it was TERRIBLE

Filth
Originally posted by SlipknoT
Avril Lavnige needs to die I hate her.

I agree with you there.

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
If anybody truly thinks that anything by The Darkness is anywhere near being a candidate for worst song ever then you need to re-evaluate how you look at music.

-AC

Because they are a novelty act, and they know it? I don't think any one hit wonder band should be in lists such as this, overall.

MildPossession
Can't really think of any because I usually forget the bad songs and can never remember them, but I could not stand Will Young's cover of Light My Fire, his voice is very very annoying and he ruined the song.

Light My Fire isn't a favourite for me out of all the Doors songs, but no one like Young should cover a Doors' song. Urgh.

Afro Cheese
Anything by Mike Jones has gotta be the worst "music" ever. It almost makes Lil Jon look tolerable.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Because they are a novelty act, and they know it? I don't think any one hit wonder band should be in lists such as this, overall.

Could you clarify what you mean there at all?

StinkFist462
any Simple Plan song
Green Day - American Idiot and Blvd. of blah blah blah
Avril - chop suey
evanescense - orestas and thoughtless
nin - only ( i cant stand that song at all )

tabby999
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction

despite the band being a bit of a fad, they still are talented, irrelevant of whether you like them or not

RedAlertv2
I heard an Avrile Lavigne cover of Basket Case. It was painful. Also, I recently found out that Simple Plan did a cover of American Jesus (originally by Bad Religion). I found this to be just terrible, becuase Bad Religion doesnt deserve to have Simple Plan take a shit on thier music

StinkFist462
simple plans shit doesnt deserve to be in existence

knight
The two cover versions of Don Henley's "Boys of Summer"

The original is great, but the covers are SHYT!... and the videos
the cover "artists" had no idea what the song was even about.

Cover 1, D.J. Sammy. the clip was just bright sunny day with some pratt driving in his convertible along the esplanade of some sunset strip. That really ticked me off.

Cover 2. The Ataris, just a simple clip of the group playing the song, nothing but a quick way of making a small amount of money.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/hot_knight/darth_vader_banner.jpg

knight
Originally posted by Filth
I agree with you there.
She is soo full of herself and pertentious... to say the least.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/hot_knight/bigcountry_banner.jpg

alic88
recent songs: american idiot, candy shop

Alanis morisette- hands clean, Madonna- American life
Justin Timberlake-Like i love you, Fred Durst songs
and there was this song that really annoyed me, it was from a movie, just wishing and hoping, and blah blah blah

FINAL COUNTDOWN BY EUROPE ROCKS!

Afro Cheese
Final Countdown sucks, but it's not in the catagory of worst ever.

Swanky-Tuna
What a bumparooni.

I disagree with that Avril Chop Suey. I think it was the greatest cover ever because I nearly crapped my pants laughing.

I don't know if it's the same version but the one I have you can clearly hear someone say "WHAT?!" between her jumbled attempts at the verses. That one person sounded as confused as I was tickled and that only made me laugh harder.

D-Double
Achy Breaky Heart - Billy Ray Sirrus

I'm not a girl (or whatever it's called) - Britney Spears

Pumps and a Bump - MC Hammer

... and the song that Marky-Mark sings in Boogy Nights... which is an actual song. scared It was also on the the soundtrack for "Transformers: The Movie".

... jezzus, I have way too much useless information in my brain... disgust

Deathblow
I'm not up much on pop-music, and I highly doubt I could link the songs to the correct names, so I'm just gonna go with the ones I know for sure I strongly dislike.

Murderdolls - Dead In Hollywood
Linkin Park - Numb
50 Cent - In Da Club/Candyshop (is there a difference?)
Limp Bizkit - Break Stuff
Papa Roach - Last Resort
Korn - Alone I Break

And the ''anything by...'' part:

Anything by: Lil Jon & Friends, D12, Blink 182, Meatloaf, Bon Jovi (or any of that 70's/80's shitty glam rock), Insane Clown Posse, Avril Simple Plan GC etc, Duran Duran, any of this dull as hell balls-less new so-called ''indie'' scene e.g. Libertines, Snow Patrol, Killers, Keane etc.

Sethcx
The All Saints - Under the Bridge..

I was very, VERY nearly physically sick when I heard that track the first time.

morbidangel
metallica-enter sand man/ (the black album and up pretty much)
-korn
-slipknot
-murder dolls
-nu-metal in general

Sethcx
Oh come on..
at least try and keep it constructive!

For a start off, Korn's first two albums were outstanding! after that they slipped a bit but hey..
Slipknot's first album had some interesting tracks, granted personally I dislike them.

hmmm.. I have more of a rant for this one so i'm off to start a new topic..

MildPossession
The Darkness are still big here in the UK, far from a one off here anyway.

AsbestosFlaygon
Nu Metal wasn't that band.

People slowly disliked it only when it started to become too mainstream and generic.

Still, for its time, it was a step forward from Grunge rock.

Worsts songs from a genre (for me) are from Polka and Country.

Kovacs86
I've no idea what one should call the worst song of all time, nor how to quantify that, but my least favourite song, one which I hate with a passion, has to be the complete bastardisation of Desolation Row by My Chemical Romance, as they both raped the music and the meaning, making it into some kind of juvenile anarchist anthem. Peter Gabriel's version of Street Spirit is comically bad, too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.