who would play a better spider man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

saber
personly I think that should have never have used tobey maguire.

Into the Void
Jake Gyllenhaal was their next choice, but Tobey is WAY better than Daman and Bale. wtf...

Robo-Chocobo
so wait you didnt even include tobey to see if people liked him best?

talk-bout close minded....

TOBEY RULES!!!

saber
agreed the other choices were mostly filler.

saber
P.S.
tobey (who has very little acting ability)
does not even cross my mind as a candidate for the role.

FeceMan
I think Tobey was perfect for the geekiness. Those glasses he wore with the slicked-down hair worked exactly as they should have.

Who the hell wants a hobbit to play as Spider-Man? Ugh.

who?-kid
Tobey Maguire is a good actor. I recently saw "Seabiscuit" where he played a half blind jockey, and it was a great part and a good movie.

He's also a good Peter Parker and a good Spider-Man.

SpiderGurl
LoL only one vote casted.

IMO, nobody could play a better spiderman than Tobey.

Predator 89
Agreed!

Ghetto Goblin
make that 2...
for now...

he didn't add tobey because we already know how he would play as spidermanm, but we don't know about the other guys up there.

Mr Parker
I agree with you Saber.My vote was for Bale.

SpiderGurl
Bale isn't dorky enough, he looks like Tom Cruise.

Mr Parker
Thats a good point but Im sure you could make him look dorky though if you put some glasses on him.An actor I thought of when I heard they were going to make this movie was David Lasher who used to be on that tv show Blossom and played her boyfriend.I figured he did not look dorky enough either,but just like Bale,that could all be changed if you put the right kind of glasses on him.

Robo-Chocobo
i dont think those choices work well. i mean who wants a hobbit saving the day

"and so he beat the goblin*dun dun dun* he battled the troll*dun dun DUN* he riddled with golum*dun DUN DUN* a magic ring he stole.

oh wait thats frodo were talking about..well still..frodo vs green goblin would fbe funny. but he just doesnt have the solomnness tobey has, and none of those other actors could trully have the look of nerdy ness just with glasses. tobey was a small kid when he was younger and so he understands the whole downtrodden thing.

BlackC@t
Christian Bale!? wtf!? he's like 40 years old!

Elijah-Wood? no.

Jake? he would be alright.

Tobey is the best choice for the role, no-bodys a better Peter or Spider-Man, he looks just like Pete and Spidey.

TOBEY ROCKS!

BlackC@t
Christian Bale!? wtf!? he's like 40 years old!

Elijah-Wood? no.

Jake? he would be alright.

Tobey is the best choice for the role, no-bodys a better Peter or Spider-Man, he looks just like Pete and Spidey.

TOBEY ROCKS! rock

moonwalker741
Chris Tucker would have been better...but o well, tobey rules

Mr Parker
Yeah it just occured to me that Bale would be too old for the role,he's right for the role of Bruce wayne though that he's been casted for,so yeah that vote shouldnt be up there for Bale.I likewise have to go with Jake.Like I said before,I wish they had cast David Lasher,he would have been a perfect Peter Parker.

saber
I went with Jake, Lasher I'm not to sure about ( mainly because I've never seen him on anything.)
As far as Tobey goes, there's a difference in being a nerd and a dork
1. To be a nerd you don't necessarily have to be irritating.
2. You don't have to Ugly!!! OR HAVE A NASTY VOICE!!!

(Tobey's acting isn't quite the best either)

Red Superfly
Hahahaha Elijah Wood!

As IF!

"Spider-Man wouldn't have gotten far without Harry"

"Oh Mr.Peter!"

"Give me a warm, fuzzy, wuzzy, fuzzy-wuzzy hug Harry"

fever red
Its only icing that Tobey "looks like Peter/ Spiderman." His acting ability saves the charactor. It would be easy to overplay Peter's social awkwardness and his moony gawking at MJ. This would turn our stomachs faster than the taste of Spidey's webbing. You may say that Tobey isn't acting- but that's better than overacting. His performance is understated- and without that this role would quickly become a charactiture of a sensitive, love-lorn geek. Reveiw his lines, and think about the many scenes where he's required to stare sensitively at MJ. With all that repitition, I'm glad he didn't hit us over the head with it. Also, he's hiding himself, suppressing himself. How else do you portray that except by being a little wooden? And Peter is a polite, reserved, private person- until he is Spiderman. And I think that was nailed also- with the Woo-hoo's and the mugging for his own cameras.
In thses movies, it seems that MJ is the star. So you need an actor that has chemistry with Dunst. I think he does. Then again, that may be more about her than it is about him.

Mr Parker
after reading a review of the movie at another site today.I have no dount Jake would have been a much better choice than Tobey.that poster was saying why the hell did he cast maguire,jake gyllenhaal is a much better actor than him and would have been a lot better.

Spiderman_RJ
Mr parker should be spiderman he knows him like no one else *eek laughing out loud stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.