New comics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
i got these comics today:
Astonishing X-men 3
Cable/Deadpool 5
Venom vs. Carnage 1
Superman 207 (part of Jim Lee's run)

anyone have opinions about these issues, like em? dislike em?

discuss

Alpha Centauri
The only one's I've read are Supes, Venom Vs Carnage and Cable/Deadpool.

I like em. I just really like the art of Supes though. Never a big fan of the story.

-AC

ScarletSpider
Cable/Deadpool was pretty good. I think the first arc could have been tidied up and made into 4 issues instead of 6, but Fabian added some cool twists so it's been worth it. I'm wondering where he's going to go with the whole non-scabby Wade and healing factor Cable thing.

Astonishing X-Men 3 was really good too. I can't wait for the next one, so much stuff going on. I loved the Beast and Wolverine fight. Wolvie looked a bit surprised, I think maybe Beast was more formidable than Wolverine thought he would be.

Alpha Centauri
Cable/Deadpool is really really fun to read. I enjoy it.

Been worth waiting for the new parts.

-AC

Linkalicious
venom vs. carnage came out on thursday huh? Shit! i need to go make a stop by the store now...

SnakeEyes
laughing out loud

you should get it, the art is flat out amazing. Story is pretty cool too.

Cable and Deadpool, man i like that series, Deadpool is so funny!

Astonishing X-men 3 was cool, and yes, i enjoyed the fight between Wolverine and Beast. and the previous one with Wolvie and Cyclops.

Does anyone know how many Venom/Carnage issues there are gonna be?

Alpha Centauri
Deadpool is actually the man. Funniest ever.

No other character makes me laugh out loud except him.

-AC

Into the Void
Another Spiderman/Deadpool crossover would be the SHIT. The two most quick-witted characters in all of Marvel duking it out, and then teaming up, trades quips every other panel. That would rock ass.

Mane
4 i thought...

Alpha Centauri
Spider-Man's humour is nothing compared to Deadpool. He's witty not hilarious. He rules though and I'd definatly love to see another crossover.

-AC

Into the Void
Of course, Spiderman is witty, second only to Deadpool. Deadpool will not only talk trash, but then use super-old obscure references to insult his enemies' mother, and they won't even know what the hell he is talking about. That's probably my favorite thing about DP.

Alpha Centauri
"Of course, Spiderman is witty, second only to Deadpool. Deadpool will not only talk trash, but then use super-old obscure references to insult his enemies' mother, and they won't even know what the hell he is talking about. That's probably my favorite thing about DP."

Deadpool #67. Possibly the funniest comic ever.

Deadpool to Mini-Rhino on keyring: See, this is like a buddy movie, where Mel Gibson and Danny Golver hate each other at first, you know? And then Mel Gibson shrinks Danny Glover and carries him around for....no good reason.

Or my other favourite...

*Dazzler kisses Mini-Rhino*

Deadpool: Yep. Typical. Women always go for the short gray guy with the horn.

So many funny moments in those comics. Gail Simone is a genius writer.

-AC

ScarletSpider
TV: "She's been called the sexiest woman alive--"
Deadpool: "BEA ARTHUR!"

Deadpool rocks.

And who's picking up Alpha Flight #6 this week? I know I am! Are you? You better!

Alpha Centauri
Alphaflight? Puck! Vindicator!

Must......not......diss.

-AC

ScarletSpider
Lol. The book is actually quite funny, in a Canadian self-depreciating type of way. With the ultra-polite Major Mapleleaf, undead anarchist Nemesis, and Centinnial, a guy in his mid 90's, how can you help but love it!?

SnakeEyes
I DO NOT LOVE IT!

although i have not read it.....

Maelstrom
Excalibur is just foming their team. This is like the series of a long term X-fans life. Chuck and Eric have finally found some alone time in Genosha. There is an island of mutant survivers and a very interesting band of incoming mutants that have found to others of value to more than just themselves. The fight for possession of the omega sentinal and some new kind of telekenitic(female/male respectivly) has just begun.
In the young band of three mutants there is a male telepath, a multible teleporter of some sort and a strong fighter. They were previously loyal to Unis the untouchable.
The mutants on the ground in genosha may also end up being on the team.
In Amazing Spider-man, this "lady bug" can control the masses. The issues with cap in em were great.

ScarletSpider
Then you should! And Invaders! Blazing Skull is pretty funny too. A wit akin to Deadpool and Spidey. Although he doesn't spout half as much dialouge as Deadpool, although, I don't think anyone else says half as much as Deadpool.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.