Theres nothin scary anymore

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

legion-u
what is scary im serious what is scary i really dont what use to scare me was the alien movies that was some scary stuff...but not their not even trying anymore ok. I mean i pay my money to go see a really good move alright and this is what i get a bunch of crap..ok hit me back if you feel me

HockeyHorror
scary...as in movies that the creature just jumps out of some random place...that is scary for 1 sec...but besides that nothing else is scary.

twigNig
Scary movies these days just make you jump. But what I consider a REAL scary movie is The Exorcist. Now that movie actually terrifyed me. Who knows, maybe the new movie "Exorcist: The Beginning" will be actually scary too? If not, I'm still interested to see it.

Lord_Andres
hmm have you seen Henry The portrait of a serial killer?, some think it's scary because of it's realisem, you should check it out if you havint seen it

SlipknoT
The Exorcist is more of a comedy than a horror.

ChickinMeat
I dont know if films are completly scary anymore, but in my opinion many have a few scary bits to them, like the creatures in house on haunted hill.

i know what i mean! stick out tongue

twigNig
Yeah some people tell me that. But uh.. maybe since I was so young when I first saw it that it traumatized me. *shruggs*. But to me, that's the scariest movie I've ever seen. Opinion.. true she is kinda funny even though she still creeps the hell out of me. LoL.

HockeyHorror
exorcist was just nasty. nothing scary bout it. good movie though...but a bit overrated.

i used to be scared of Leprechaun when i was little laughing out loud

now i watch it and laugh...cuz its pointless and funny.

botankus
Someone made another thread like this? Anyways, I agree with a few of the people posting above that a movie can be just as scary, if not scarier, based on thematic elements rather than moments that make the audience "jump."

Alpha Centauri
The reason things aren't scary now, to me anyway, is because I've grown up quite simply. When you are smaller, most horror movies are mad scary. Even Friday The 13th's. Now it's not because we get alot older so the only thing we can do with horrors is appreciate the story. Hence why Slasher/Stalker flicks no longer appeal to most of us.

The only films that still scare me are like, Signs. Not the effects or anything, just the way it's filmed and what it's about. Aliens don't scare me but it's the subconscious messages. Deep Rising (monster movie) Was cool and it was different. Not to mention absolutely gross. It was a very very creepy film.

-AC

ladygrim
got to agree there is so many horror / thriler movies out that we have become used to them that they just apper to be crap ... how many psycho boyfriends can you watch rip up there girlfriends b4 it gets boring

botankus
About eleven.

ladygrim
lol

§nakehead
from justin to kelly was scary and disturbing

ladygrim
neva herd of it

twigNig
I was grossed out but I was more terrified. Maybe it's just me, but I was shocked. I'm a loser, so just ignore me while I go kill myself.

botankus
Ever notice that people who start threads stating that "they're not scared of horror movies" have horrible grammar skills? Also, as an addition to the subject matter, it's pretty easy to proclaim that you're fearless while typing it on your keyboard.

Cowboyography
its tough to say a mere movie is scary, but go visit the stanley hotel after viewing the Shining (about a two hour drive from my home) and I bet you can scare yourself. Also view Henry, Last house on the Left, or Irreversable, perhaps not frightening in the classical sense, however very disturbing, even to the point where most will turn and shudder!

§nakehead
On a serious note. The exorsist was pretty scary.

Evil Dead
not really.........

SlipknoT
Yea, it's really overrated and boring. It has a few funny moments though.

ladygrim
was it buggery it was lame i see scarier crap in a english lesson

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.